Obamacare just ruined my life

Maybe that was Asterism......scuze me.

You think all liberals are on food stamps, do ya?

most are :D

otherwise there is no reason why should they be so attached to this failure :D

=========
usually when somebody is referring to the "revolutionary situation" it is described as when the "lowes" CAN NOT and the "ups"DON'T WANT to live the previous way.

since I highly suspect the "ups" don't post on the USMB boards, the "in the midst" are usually the ones who try to avoid the revolution as much as possible, the drive of the latter rests on the "lows". Those are not in a situation where they are ready to get their fat butts off the coach in front of their 55 inch plasma TV while chewing popcorn and drinking soda payed for by food stamps :D
personally I think most posters here are "in the midst". The ones jumping to fight "for the right cause" SHOULD be the "lows" ;)

revolutions are planned by idealists, performed by fanatics and used by scoundrels.

or

“In revolutions authority remains with the greatest scoundrels.”Georges Jacques Danton
bullshit..that another repub fantasy....my wife works for DPSS.(food stamps) the numbers are higher for repubs and illegals because they are in general less educated than democrats.

keep lying :lol:

illegals are not eligible for food stamps

most are :D

otherwise there is no reason why should they be so attached to this failure :D

=========
usually when somebody is referring to the "revolutionary situation" it is described as when the "lowes" CAN NOT and the "ups"DON'T WANT to live the previous way.

since I highly suspect the "ups" don't post on the USMB boards, the "in the midst" are usually the ones who try to avoid the revolution as much as possible, the drive of the latter rests on the "lows". Those are not in a situation where they are ready to get their fat butts off the coach in front of their 55 inch plasma TV while chewing popcorn and drinking soda payed for by food stamps :D
personally I think most posters here are "in the midst". The ones jumping to fight "for the right cause" SHOULD be the "lows" ;)

revolutions are planned by idealists, performed by fanatics and used by scoundrels.

or

“In revolutions authority remains with the greatest scoundrels.”Georges Jacques Danton
bullshit..that another repub fantasy....my wife works for DPSS.(food stamps) the numbers are higher for repubs and illegals because they are in general less educated than democrats.

keep lying :lol:

illegals are not eligible for food stamps
actually they are, if they have a child in this country.. now's the time you either do the smart thing and shut the fuck up or keep taLKING OUT YOUR ASS...and showcase your idiocy!

repubs and illegals because they are in general less educated than democrats.

Link.

Also bear in mind that ivory tower Progressives set the education standards.

It seems (medical) doctors usually talk and act like Conservatives.

Car mechanics are always conservatives.

Businessman are almost always conservative.

Carpenters are almost always conservatives.

Plumbers are almost always conservatives.

Electricians are almost always conservatives.

Road/Highway/bridge construction workers, engineers, architects are almost always conservative.

Farmers are almost always conservative.

I just named the most important professions to modern civilization, and anyone's real life experience will tell you these guys are always conservative. You can say whatever you want to the contrary on the internet, people know in real life that it's true.

Illegals do some of the worst jobs.

And how do you measure "smart" and "intelligent."

I'm sure you've never worked as a landscaper (like many illegals do), and you'd have no idea how to fucking do it (efficiently at the least).

EVERYONE is IMPORTANT.

EVERYONE has their own Talent.

EVERY PERSON has a different set of knowledge.

How would you ivory tower intellectuals survive if no one grew your food? If no one transported that food? If no one ran the business that transported the food? If there were no vets and pharma agents to keep livestock disease free?

How would you ivory tower intellectuals live comfortably without electricity, if no factory workers produced copper wire, batteries, fuses, and circuits? If no engineers designed light bulbs, washing machines, and refrigerators? If no construction workers and architects built power facilities and power lines?

How would the economy function is no one built the highways, and the roads, railroads? And no one drove the trucks or conducted the trains?

I measure intelligence by someone's unique ability to add input into a society, no matter what that input is.

You say anyone can be a waiter? Sure, you're right, but then why does the Veteran waiter staff at my job (and many others) outperform the entry level waiter by triple the amount of people/tables to serve during the same time?

I say anyone can sit down and press keys on a piano, but it takes a lot of practice to actually play a song.

Last edited:
repubs and illegals because they are in general less educated than democrats.

Link.

Also bear in mind that ivory tower Progressives set the education standards.

It seems (medical) doctors usually talk and act like Conservatives.

Car mechanics are always conservatives.

Businessman are almost always conservative.

Carpenters are almost always conservatives.

Plumbers are almost always conservatives.

Electricians are almost always conservatives.

Road/Highway/bridge construction workers, engineers, architects are almost always conservative.

Farmers are almost always conservative.

I just named the most important professions to modern civilization, and anyone's real life experience will tell you these guys are always conservative. You can say whatever you want to the contrary on the internet, people know in real life that it's true.

I'm sure you've never worked as a landscaper (like many illegals do), and you'd have no idea how to fucking do it (efficiently at the least).

Your age is showing.

Your age is showing.[/QUOTE]

You know how to landscape?

You know how to construct roads?

You know how to lay a roof?

I just received a letter from my job stating that no one will be working more than 30 hours a week.

I normally worked 48-52 hours per week generating 10 hours of regular play, and 8-12 hours of overtime time. Each hour I work averages an ADDITIONAL $ 11.25 in tips.

This means each week I will now be losing (20)(11.25) + (10)(10.50) + (10)(16.25) dollars per week.

I will now be losing an average of $ 492.50 per week.

This is nearly $ 2,000 per month.

Almost $24,000 a year ($ 23,640)

I can no longer afford my own private healthcare coverage --- thanks to Obamacare.

I will also have to find a second job, and DROP two classes at Stony Brook University.

So now I will make less money, work more hours, and it will take longer to complete my degree.

My life has been ruined by the parasites.

Obamacare just ruined my life.

Let's do some MORE math here...

You came on this board in February of this year. That was 7 months ago or approx. 210 days. Since you came on this board, you have created 4,256 posts. When I look at the time stamps on your posts, you have almost every hour of the day covered.

YET...you claim to be working 48-52 hours per week and attending two classes at Stony Brook University.

You came on this board and within the first few days you proved to be a lair.

NOW, we have PROOF you are a lying sack of shit.

you claim to be working 48-52 hours per week and attending two classes at Stony Brook University.

Been through this already, read the thread, an take a GIANT neg.

Did you just "raze me to the ground"?

You silly boy. You speak of my life experience.....as if you come close.

I don't "assail" people who struggle.....I call out liars. I especially like to fuck with blowhards like you.

You negged me, did ya? Ouch! Please.......No more! Mercy!

You and [MENTION=15512]Dante[/MENTION] have been razed to the ground.

I provided all the information proving my existence as Edward Solomon and divulged and revealed lots of personal information.

Your smear attack is done.

Your nothing but propaganda filth.

LIBTARD SMEAR ATTACK ANNIHILATED

Politics if my life faggot. Here I am talking at a meeting, and here I am on the radio:

THIS IS MY "HOBBY"

I even say that I'm waiter on the national radio, listen at 2:35

Here I am at 20:00

here's the link to my job:

https://www.facebook.com/watermillcaterers

Here's my facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/solomonscourge

Hold on a sec, please.

If you are losing 24K by having your hours cut from 52 to 30 ( 22 hours ).....how is it possible that you only make 36K in total? You only make 12K for the first 30 hours? You should be making over 50K.

Your nose must be a foot long by now.

I said 36,000+

The last tow years I made above 40k.

30hoursx (10.50 + 11.25) = 652

652*4weeks*12months=31,320

That above assumes that I never take a vacation, since I take two 2-week vacations (unpaid), and I leave the Catering hall each semester during final seasons, I lose 3 months total. so 75% of 31,320 is 23,490

So now I'll be making 23,490 BEFORE taxes.

The extra 20 hours with the overtime generated an additional 23,640

However, that to is subject to the 75% smack so that's actually 17,730

32,640 + 17,730 = 41,200 BEFORE TAXES.

You Libtards make me sick.

This is why central planning by ivory tower Libtards always fails.

YOU DO NOT KNOW ENOUGH INFORMATION ABOUT EVEN A SINGLE PERSON TO MAKE CHOICES FOR THEM.

Let this thread embarrass you Central Planners for the rest of your lives.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why would they start it this year, when it allegedly isn't going into effect until 2015?

Not a few, politicians running for office promise the people one thing and then don't come through with it or "do a 180'" on certain issues. Is it the fault of the people who believed them, or is it the fault of the politicians who mislead them?

because the plan for obamacare to go in full effect was for January 1 2014 initially so they have adjusted the policy for the start of this year.

as somebody posted above - it takes time and resources to adjust the policies and once done they don't go in reverse mode.

This is a catering hall with waiters, I would think that schedules get adjusted anyway according to the time of the year and season.

Why would they start it this year, when it allegedly isn't going into effect until 2015?

Not a few, politicians running for office promise the people one thing and then don't come through with it or "do a 180'" on certain issues. Is it the fault of the people who believed them, or is it the fault of the politicians who mislead them?

because the plan for obamacare to go in full effect was for January 1 2014 initially so they have adjusted the policy for the start of this year.

as somebody posted above - it takes time and resources to adjust the policies and once done they don't go in reverse mode.

This is a catering hall with waiters, I would think that schedules get adjusted anyway according to the time of the year and season.

They do, you only get less than 40 hours per week AFTER Holidays though. Weddings are a dime a dozen.

you claim to be working 48-52 hours per week and attending two classes at Stony Brook University.

Been through this already, read the thread, an take a GIANT neg.

Did you just "raze me to the ground"?

You silly boy. You speak of my life experience.....as if you come close.

I don't "assail" people who struggle.....I call out liars. I especially like to fuck with blowhards like you.

You negged me, did ya? Ouch! Please.......No more! Mercy!

You and [MENTION=15512]Dante[/MENTION] have been razed to the ground.

I provided all the information proving my existence as Edward Solomon and divulged and revealed lots of personal information.

Your smear attack is done.

Your nothing but propaganda filth.

Politics if my life faggot. Here I am talking at a meeting, and here I am on the radio:

THIS IS MY "HOBBY"

I even say that I'm waiter on the national radio, listen at 2:35

Here I am at 20:00

here's the link to my job:

https://www.facebook.com/watermillcaterers

Here's my facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/solomonscourge

Hold on a sec, please.

If you are losing 24K by having your hours cut from 52 to 30 ( 22 hours ).....how is it possible that you only make 36K in total? You only make 12K for the first 30 hours? You should be making over 50K.

Your nose must be a foot long by now.

I said 36,000+

The last tow years I made above 40k.

30hoursx (10.50 + 11.25) = 652

652*4weeks*12months=31,320

That above assumes that I never take a vacation, since I take two 2-week vacations (unpaid), and I leave the Catering hall each semester during final seasons, I lose 3 months total. so 75% of 31,320 is 23,490

So now I'll be making 23,490 BEFORE taxes.

The extra 20 hours with the overtime generated an additional 23,640

However, that to is subject to the 75% smack so that's actually 17,730

32,640 + 17,730 = 41,200 BEFORE TAXES.

You Libtards make me sick.

This is why central planning by ivory tower Libtards always fails.

YOU DO NOT KNOW ENOUGH INFORMATION ABOUT EVEN A SINGLE PERSON TO MAKE CHOICES FOR THEM.

Let this thread embarrass you Central Planners for the rest of your lives.

You have a deep psychosis, and you are having a meltdown. Get help...

Last edited by a moderator:

Your age is showing.

You know how to landscape?

You know how to construct roads?

You know how to lay a roof?[/QUOTE]

Hmm.

Yes.
No.
Yes.

Let me ask you a simple question. You have 30 seconds to answer.

Will a saw blade with 100 teeth cut faster or slower than a saw blade with 24 teeth and why?

Tick....tick...tick....

SO?

are you so damn stupid not to understand that if there is a threat reason even 2 years in advance the threatened business is going to act NOW?

gosh, you libtards, do you ever work in a real world, or are you just welfare-fed from cradle to the grave?

The way they are handling that "threat" now is by cutting employees' hours, so they don't have to provide them insurance. I understand that; but why would they make their employees suffer two years prior them them being affected by the mandate? Why couldn't they say; "As of January 1, 2015 all employees hours will be cut." , and make it effective January 1, 2015?

I have just explained it to you - the change was made a YEAR prior - at the end of 2012 nobody knew the effective year was going to be moved to 2015 - so the effective date was set up to be 1/1/13 for the policies setting up on /1/14.

the change came in the middle of 2013 when the hours have already been cut - nobody is going to be reversing it for 12-16 months - business plans are made AHEAD and so it stays.

you can not blame business for government stupidity

LOL, I'm not blaming anybody for anything. You said " at the end of 2012 nobody knew the effective year was going to be moved to 2015 - so the effective date was set up to be 1/1/13 for the policies setting up on /1/14. " , if so why are they doing it on "9/13/2013", instead of 1/1/14 even after it is known to now take effect on 1/1/2015?

Will a saw blade with 100 teeth cut faster or slower than a saw blade with 24 teeth and why?

Tick....tick...tick....

Assuming the same diameter for the [circular?] blade, the 24 teeth which are much taller in height and longer at the base along the circumference of the disc, will cut through faster.

And quite simply, each tooth requires equally more energy for it to cut effectively, also the more numerous teeth are smaller, if they were the same height, they'd crack off.

Some saws are measured in horsepower, and some blades recommend how much horsepower per tooth.

Last edited:
our ancillary staff had their hours cut starting January 1st this year.

and there are no insurance for them anymore.

you get what you vote for.

For the same reasons why when a gas station is told upon the next delivery, the price will be "X", they immediately raise the price on the gas they currently have in inventory. It's called preparing for increased costs.
Obamacare will dramatically increase the cost of doing business. And as any smart business owner will do, he will protect his business in an appropriate manner.

Wouldn't said employer get as much business as they can before the mandates take effect in 2015? If I knew that there was a possible regulation that could adversely affect my business as I am running it now, I would make sure that I gave enough time to myself and my employees to prosper right up to the date that the regulation would affect my business. I certainly wouldn't "turtle up" and shrink my business when I had over a year and possibly more before that regulation took effect. That's a sure sign of a poor business model!

Tick....tick...tick....

Assuming the same diameter for the [circular?] blade, the 24 teeth which are much taller in height and longer at the base along the circumference of the disc, will cut through faster.

That is the right answer....but not the right reason. The same holds true for linear blades.

Do you want to know the reason? Or...would you like to take another stab at it?

Tick....tick...tick....

That is the right answer....but not the right reason. The same holds true for linear blades.

Do you want to know the reason? Or...would you like to take another stab at it?

I gave an answer above, I don't know if its correct, I don't' specialize in blade construction and design.

Wouldn't said employer get as much business as they can before the mandates take effect in 2015? If I knew that there was a possible regulation that could adversely affect my business as I am running it now, I would make sure that I gave enough time to myself and my employees to prosper right up to the date that the regulation would affect my business. I certainly wouldn't "turtle up" and shrink my business when I had over a year and possibly more before that regulation took effect. That's a sure sign of a poor business model!

Ask all the other employers too

AFL-CIO President Trumka: Employers Cutting Workers to 29 1/2 Hours to Avoid ObamaCare | NewsBusters

Part-time math professor Tracey Sullivan said she will lose half her income because of the cuts.

"I never thought it would impact me directly,” said Sullivan. “I was stunned when I got the email...I love teaching at St. Pete College but that is a significant cut."

Many businesses are reluctant to talk about cutting hours for fear the public will view them as stingy or uncaring about their workers. But Goodridge said that many small businesses have very small profit margins and that while he already provides health insurance to senior employees, offering health insurance to many more workers would require him to pass a significant price increase on to his customers.

http://investigations.nbcnews.com/_...re-has-forced-them-to-cut-employee-hours?lite

Last edited:

I was not talking about OP type of business, I was talking about ancillary stuff where I work :)
They have had the hours cut starting Jan 1 this year.

and it is not about the schedule, it is called projected business expenses and it is planned way ahead.

Last edited:
It's not always a matter of being "too cheap." Seriously, we have looked and the most basic plan we could find was about $1000 per month per employee.

What's the amount of the penalty the employer would have to pay if they don't provide health insurance for their employees?
8% of the gross wages for each employee not covered by an employer plan....It's cheaper to NOT provide coverage.
The Obamacare mandate has already started a shift from full time employment to part time and temporary or contract worker employment.

Thanks for your answer, I think that the OP stated that his pre-tip base salary was 34k, that penalty would be about $2,720.00, which would be $226.00 per month per employee, and $56 per week per employee. They couldn't find a way to work out that $56 per week with each employee they let keep full time hours? I mean $56 divided by two would come out to be $28 per week if the employer and employee split the difference.

What will Liberals fight with? They've disarmed themselves.

You think so, huh?

Yep...if you own a gun and call yourself a liberal, you are a hypocrite.

There are plenty of Liberals (including myself) who believe in supporting the Bill of Rights. I believe that once a person reaches the age of majority, they should be able to purchase a firearm as easily they would buy any other tool from Home Depot.

Forum List

Back