Obamacare may sink the democratic party for the next 2 elections

We should ask Cuccinelli which way the wind is blowing. As for limp wrists, I'll send you a sling for that problem of yours.

We'll see big shot. 2014 is coming. Your boy flushed any chances your party had down the crapper with this crap. You know it and I damned well know it.

Naw.

2014 Democrats will retain the Senate and I..me..predict they will get a small majority in the House.

2016 we will have a Democratic President unless it's Christie vs. Biden. Then all bets are off.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Most people get their insurance through their employers. Employers change their insurance all the time. The only people really being affected here are those who already have to purchase insurance on their own. Out of those, most people will do better with the new policies on the exchange. Yes, some people are getting screwed, but the numbers are going to be much lower than you all want to believe. In the end, most people are going to be happy with the insurance they end up with, and when they start understanding everything that is covered 100% as preventative care, they are going to be pleasantly surprised. It does look like a mess right now, but it will work itself out. I think the administration would have been open to delaying this if it wasn't for the fact that Republicans have done absolutely nothing over the past two years other than try to derail the whole thing.

Why should everything be covered 100% as preventive care? Just like my homeowners, or car insurance, I should be the one who determines what my level of coverage should be based on my personal factors and position

-Geaux

It's not like home owners or car insurance.

The state is not compelled to do anything to rebuild your car if you've had an accident or give you a new house if the one you live in has burned down.

The state IS compelled, by law
, to do everything it can to save your life if you have a catastrophic illness. Generally, at that point? It's too late and it's expensive to try.

really? what specific statute compells the govt to do that?

129 million canceled policies will see to that. Funny thing is last week I posted about hundreds of millions losing their insurance and was roundly mocked by the loons among us. But now the Wallstreet Journal is reporting that it may indeed be that high and that Obama KNEW and aids debated if he should be honest or not about it.

PLEASE keep your heads in the sand dems. Will make the next two elections easy.

it is totally impossible for a democRAT, liarberal or progressive to be honest, they thrive on lies.., just look at what is going on in Virginia right now :up:

"Will make the next two elections easy"..., i hope you are right on this prediction :up:

Its sure as shit should cost the Dems big time.

They are the ones who foisted this mess on America.

Since the Dems, all on their own passed this POS bill, they are gonna have a helluva hard time blaming the GOP or Bush.

129 million canceled policies will see to that. Funny thing is last week I posted about hundreds of millions losing their insurance and was roundly mocked by the loons among us. But now the Wallstreet Journal is reporting that it may indeed be that high and that Obama KNEW and aids debated if he should be honest or not about it.

The insurance policy cancellations that were supposedly going to hurt so many people are turning out to be a totally different story:

Like this:

Humana fined $65,430 in connection with 'misleading' insurance letter

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2013309240089&nclick_check=1

Special Investigation: How Insurers Are Hiding Obamacare Benefits From Customers

Special Investigation: How Insurers Are Hiding Obamacare Benefits From Customers

We should ask Cuccinelli which way the wind is blowing. As for limp wrists, I'll send you a sling for that problem of yours.

We'll see big shot. 2014 is coming. Your boy flushed any chances your party had down the crapper with this crap. You know it and I damned well know it.

Naw.

2014 Democrats will retain the Senate and I..me..predict they will get a small majority in the House.

2016 we will have a Democratic President unless it's Christie vs. Biden. Then all bets are off.

Yea, if Hillary doesn't run and somehow Biden gets the nomination, I would agree that could give Republicans an open door. I don't think Dems will nominate Biden even if Hillary does not run. I think O'Malley would probably get the smart money and it would be enough to put him over the top.

Most people get their insurance through their employers. Employers change their insurance all the time. The only people really being affected here are those who already have to purchase insurance on their own. Out of those, most people will do better with the new policies on the exchange. Yes, some people are getting screwed, but the numbers are going to be much lower than you all want to believe. In the end, most people are going to be happy with the insurance they end up with, and when they start understanding everything that is covered 100% as preventative care, they are going to be pleasantly surprised. It does look like a mess right now, but it will work itself out. I think the administration would have been open to delaying this if it wasn't for the fact that Republicans have done absolutely nothing over the past two years other than try to derail the whole thing.

Why should everything be covered 100% as preventive care? Just like my homeowners, or car insurance, I should be the one who determines what my level of coverage should be based on my personal factors and position

-Geaux

I won't say that I completely disagree with you, but the reason they did this is that a lot of people bypass preventative care because they don't feel they can afford it, and preventative care is the thing that will help reduce costs in the long term. If you have to pay $1000 out of pocket for a colonoscopy, a lot of people will choose to save the $1000. That is not a wise decision, and many people need these every five years. When it is fully covered, most people will choose to have it done, and that will not only save more lives, it will save money as treating any cancer from the earliest point possible is much cheaper than fighting it once it has advanced.

One of the big reasons countries with socialized healthcare do better than us in life expectancy is because they spend a lot more money on the front end with preventative care than they do on the back end. It just makes more sense. Our current system is reactionary. People don't go to the doctor until they actually become sick and then the costs are extreme. It's like not changing the oil in your car. Eventually you will need a new engine. What's cheaper, changing the oil on a regular schedule or waiting for the engine to blow?

-Geaux

I won't say that I completely disagree with you, but the reason they did this is that a lot of people bypass preventative care because they don't feel they can afford it, and preventative care is the thing that will help reduce costs in the long term. If you have to pay $1000 out of pocket for a colonoscopy, a lot of people will choose to save the $1000. That is not a wise decision, and many people need these every five years. When it is fully covered, most people will choose to have it done, and that will not only save more lives, it will save money as treating any cancer from the earliest point possible is much cheaper than fighting it once it has advanced.

One of the big reasons countries with socialized healthcare do better than us in life expectancy is because they spend a lot more money on the front end with preventative care than they do on the back end. It just makes more sense. Our current system is reactionary. People don't go to the doctor until they actually become sick and then the costs are extreme. It's like not changing the oil in your car. Eventually you will need a new engine. What's cheaper, changing the oil on a regular schedule or waiting for the engine to blow?

the govt could have bought a full coverage policy for every uninsured person in the USA for billions less than this POS bill is costing us.

That would have solved the problem and not screwed up the coverage of the other 300 million citizens.

But healthcare was never the issue, it was a move for the govt to take over 1/5 of the economy. It was a move towards marxist collectivism and big brother govt.

A year from now, the web site will have been fixed, and millions of people who never had health insurance, and millions more who lost their insurance years ago, will have health insurance. Those red states which did their level best to retard ObamaCare are going to be in the fight of their lives against the teeming insured hordes. The issue ads are going to remind everyone who tried to stop them from getting insured, and who tried to block their federal subsidies. Whole states may swing from red to blue, and then redraw Congressional districts and change the House of Representatives from red to blue.

Three years from now, ObamaCare will be a done deal by the time the 2016 elections roll around. It's going to be VERY popular.

I would not be prematurely ejaculating over ObamaCare's current problems. Remember all the orgams right wingers were having over the coming Romney landslide?

Yeah.

Keep your fucking powder dry and stop splooging all over it.

129 million cancelled policies?

Are you sure the number isn't 129 Billion cancelled policies?

Link to Wall Street Journal article, please.

Last edited:
I will say it again. If your employer provides health insurance to you, go to your HR department and ask if your company has lost its grandfather status. Chances are pretty good it has.

Then ask if your insurance is being cancelled.

If your company has not lost its grandfather status, ask what would happen if it did.

When you hear the answers, you will realize these raging maniacs are beyond retarded.

Are you saying that people who will not be affected by Obamacare will ignore the fact that this man lied right to our face multiple times about his signature legislation just to get elected?

Do you really think that people are that shallow?

2013-11-04-2cb834b9_large.jpg

I guess Obama being caught in a big lie wasn't enough. The Right appears to hate being out-lied by Obama, and so now they are telling a much bigger one. Trying to scare the sheep in their flock.

This is going to backfire. This is a stupid, stupid, stupid move.

Not only are 126 million people not going to lose their insurance, millions of workers who work for employers which do not provide insurance are going to start getting employer insurance because of ObamaCare's employer mandate.

We are up to 126 million now? Christ, two weeks ago it was 16 million, then last week it surged to 93 million. Now its 126 million. What's going on? Are the lunatics competing with each other?

What's it going to be next week, eleventy thousand billion?

Last edited:
lol, yesterday some 'nut here was bitching that Obamacare was going to make all these people's insurance costs go up,

so I showed him how it would actually make insurance cheaper for many of them, because of the subsidies,

then he started bitching because their insurance costs were going to go down - that Obamacare was just another government handout.

The inmates here have a bitch for all seasons, so to speak.

Forum List

Back