Obamacare may sink the democratic party for the next 2 elections

The insurance policy cancellations that were supposedly going to hurt so many people are turning out to be a totally different story:

Like this:

Humana fined $65,430 in connection with 'misleading' insurance letter

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2013309240089&nclick_check=1

Special Investigation: How Insurers Are Hiding Obamacare Benefits From Customers

Special Investigation: How Insurers Are Hiding Obamacare Benefits From Customers

• Florida Blue terminates 300,000 policies, about 80 percent of its individual policies in the state.

• Kaiser Permanente in California terminates 160,000 policies, about half of its individual policies in the state.

• Independence Blue Cross in Philadelphia cancels 45% of its individual policies.

• CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield drops 76,000 individual policies in Virginia, Maryland, and Washington, D.C., over 40 percent of its individual policies in those states.

• Insurer Highmark in Pittsburgh sends out termination notices for about 20% of its individual policies.

You are just full of shit, it i happening all over and it's happening because becaus the ACA required it.

I posted facts. If you can't deal with them that's not my problem. Your problem is you can't accept facts unless they make you feel good.

You posted a "fact" for one Company, I posted the "facts" for what, 6?

You are just a liar Carb, you know full well its a national problem due to the ACA

Those employers who provided health insurance to their employees before ObamaCare were grandfathered. They did not have to meet the minimum requirements of coverage and affordability.

If such an employer changed their insurance plan after the ACA was enacted, they lose their grandfather status.

Most employer plans already exceed the ACA requirements, so losing their grandfather status has no effect on them at all. But the whackos would have you believe that losing grandfather status automatically means those employers will cancel their health plans!

Why would they? Whether or not the ACA exists, these employers always have provided good insurance to their employees and plan on doing so into the future.

For the minority of companies that lose their grandfather status who do not meet the ACA standards, they will have to improve their health plans.

And that is where the 93/126 million rumor is blown out of the water.

But there is more.

Those companies who never had a health plan at all will now be required to provide one, or they will have to pay for their employees to get insurance from an exchange.

The end result is the opposite of what the idiot doomsayers are saying. Millions of employees will have insurance who did not have insurance before. Many more will have improved health plans. But most will be completely unaffected since their employer plan already exceeds the ACA requirements, and always have.

As time passes, you will know who was right and who was a raging parroting retard.

Those employers who provided health insurance to their employees before ObamaCare were grandfathered. They did not have to meet the minimum requirements of coverage and affordability.

For one year or until anything changes in their coverage, by the insured OR the insurer...

Most employer plans already exceed the ACA requirements, so losing their grandfather status has no effect on them at all. But the whackos would have you believe that losing grandfather status automatically means those employers will cancel their health plans!

Not true, SOME did, some didn't......overall across the board premuims will go up....just like they have in the individual market.

Those companies who never had a health plan at all will now be required to provide one, or they will have to pay for their employees to get insurance from an exchange.

At what exense? Going out of business, you asssume they all can afford it....myopic at best.

The end result is the opposite of what the idiot doomsayers are saying. Millions of employees will have insurance who did not have insurance before. Many more will have improved health plans. But most will be completely unaffected since their employer plan already exceeds the ACA requirements, and always have.

The end result will be that the system is going to crash and people like you will get the Single Payor you desire.

The young are not signing up, premiums have shot up...and the subsidies come from everyone else...there is not enough money to go around...sorry.

There is not a single plan in existence before Obamacare that offered maternity coverage to men, it is now required. The next time some idiot tries to argue that most plans are complaint with the new regulations of Obamacare point that out.

• Florida Blue terminates 300,000 policies, about 80 percent of its individual policies in the state.

• Kaiser Permanente in California terminates 160,000 policies, about half of its individual policies in the state.

• Independence Blue Cross in Philadelphia cancels 45% of its individual policies.

• CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield drops 76,000 individual policies in Virginia, Maryland, and Washington, D.C., over 40 percent of its individual policies in those states.

• Insurer Highmark in Pittsburgh sends out termination notices for about 20% of its individual policies.

You are just full of shit, it i happening all over and it's happening because becaus the ACA required it.

I posted facts. If you can't deal with them that's not my problem. Your problem is you can't accept facts unless they make you feel good.

You are just a liar Carb, you know full well its a national problem due to the ACA

You lie. Grow up.

You lie. Grow up.

Carb, you want to try your "facts" on me? I'll rip them all apart. You spout lies because it makes you feel good. Remember, you can keep your healthcare plan if you like it.

Don't let these limp-wrists fool you. Look at the Democrat Senators and Congressmen who are up for re-election. THEY know which way the wind blows and further, they know that they have been sacrificed by the "Great and Powerful Oz".

Their collective asses know what the future holds and that is a Congress in the complete control of the republicans. One thing about liberals - you can ALWAYS count on them to blow their own brains out. :lol:

We should ask Cuccinelli which way the wind is blowing. As for limp wrists, I'll send you a sling for that problem of yours.

Why not ask Buono?

That's right, you only care about the fact that a Democrat won, even if he is such a scumbag that Mother Jones wants him to lose.

lol, the Republicans can't beat a Terry McAuliffe with a guy who declares the race a referendum on Obamacare.

That's all anyone needs to know about this.

"And tomorrow has turned very much into a referendum on Obamacare."

That was someone yesterday talking about the Virginia gubernatorial election.

Guess who.

Oh, comon. No guesses?

Oh my, the results are in. The Virginia referendum on Obamacare winner?

Obamacare!!!!!!!

bwahaaaa, bad guess children.

A 1 percent margin of victory for McAuliffe? Why are you celebrating? He was leading by as much as 18%, Carbine! Bahahah! He is nothing but a figurehead. The Virginia state legislature is Republican, the AG is about to be Republican and this shows how Obamacare impacted this once laughably obscene lead for McAuliffe and Democrats.

"...Obamacare!!!!!!! bwahaaaa, bad guess children."
Personally, I don't hold that any of these local or state elections are much of a barometer one way or another, regarding ObamaCare...

However, if the OP is correct and we have 120-millions -ish healthcare insurance policy cancellations, the ebb and flow of today's elections won't even register as a blip on the scope, compared to the massive reaction against both ObamaCare AND the present Administration and its Party...

Ya'll aren't out of the woods yet in this matter, by any stretch of the imagination, IMHO. I'd be inclined to save the laughter for another day in the not-too-distant future when ya'll may be in need of a laugh.

Last edited:
"And tomorrow has turned very much into a referendum on Obamacare."

That was someone yesterday talking about the Virginia gubernatorial election.

Guess who.

Oh, comon. No guesses?

Obamacare!!!!!!!

The bad news for the GOP is that hatred for the ACA is probably at high tide right now; and the Dems still won a purple state in the backyard of the White House.

It's hard to maintain doubt and disgust for 12 months going into 2014. The GOP should still do well just because it's the midterms and the Dems have more seats to defend but this doesn't bode well for future returns.

Again, the women came out for Mac... so much for the GOP re-branding.

ap_sandra_fluke_cc_120905_ss_ssh.jpg

129 million cancelled policies?

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know the actual total number of health insurance policies currently in effect in the entire US?

Just out of curiosity, do you ever do research?

906781_10151753619071336_957501216_o.jpg

Your evidence is a picture? Do YOU ever research?

Well this is where real research gets me. The name in your picture, Chris Conover? The conjurer of those numbers?

He is currently receiving 'generous funding' from the Searle Freedom Trust. Never heard of it, right?

Well, I'm sure you've heard of many of its 'associates':

Searle Freedom Trust relationship map - Muckety

Freedomworks? Heritage Foundation? Goldwater Institute?

...as they say...the usual suspects...

lol

Oh, comon. No guesses?

Obamacare!!!!!!!

The bad news for the GOP is that hatred for the ACA is probably at high tide right now; and the Dems still won a purple state in the backyard of the White House.

It's hard to maintain doubt and disgust for 12 months going into 2014. The GOP should still do well just because it's the midterms and the Dems have more seats to defend but this doesn't bode well for future returns.

Again, the women came out for Mac... so much for the GOP re-branding.

ap_sandra_fluke_cc_120905_ss_ssh.jpg

Like the guys on Wall Street say, when a stock goes up on bad news, that's the time to buy.

129 million cancelled policies?

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know the actual total number of health insurance policies currently in effect in the entire US?

Well this is where real research gets me. The name in your picture, Chris Conover? The conjurer of those numbers?

He is currently receiving 'generous funding' from the Searle Freedom Trust. Never heard of it, right?

lol

Lol. You had nothing from the start. Tell me why you're leading me down this road of non sequitur? Until now you had no idea who Chris Conover was until you did research on him to make your point.

You're pathetic, Carbine. How could the president conjure up the lies he's told about people keeping their insurance? 3.8 million have so far lost their insurance. How could he conjure up a figure that somehow says Americans would pay $2,500 less in premiums? Nationwide, premiums have gone up 41% under Obamacare.

You'd rather attack the tabulator of those numbers than the numbers themselves. Your genetic arguments and red herrings aren't even convincing. Run along now.

Last edited:
Maybe the Republicans should try the birth certificate thing again?

lol

Lol. You had nothing from the start. Tell me why you're leading me down this road of non sequitur? Until now you had no idea who Chris Conover was until you did research on him to make your point.

You're pathetic, Carbine. How could the president conjure up the lies he's told about people keeping their insurance? 3.8 million have so far lost their insurance. How could he conjure up a figure that somehow says Americans would pay $2,500 less in premiums? Nationwide, premiums have gone up 41% under Obamacare.

You'd rather attack the tabulator of those numbers than the numbers themselves. Your genetic arguments and red herrings aren't even convincing. Run along now.

A bunch of numbers in a picture, authored by some guy on the take from the rightwing propaganda machine,

that's not evidence of anything. You might as well have simply posted the numbers and claimed you made them up.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back