Obamacare passed because of"basically, call it the stupidity of the American voter "

“Lack of transparency is a huge political advantage,” says the MIT economist who helped write Obamacare. “And basically, call it the stupidity of the American voter or whatever, but basically that was really, really critical for the thing to pass.”

“This bill was written in a tortured way to make sure the CBO didn’t score the mandate as taxes. If CBO scored the mandate as taxes the bill dies.

…If you made it explicit that healthy people pay in [and] sick people get money it would not have passed.”

Obamacare Architect Admits Deceiving Americans to Pass Law

So they pulled a fast one on many levels.
It's a mandate because it would crash and burn if it was a tax.
They go before the Supremes and they lose if it's a mandate...
So then they say...No it's a tax...and they get over.

There must be video of Justice Roberts giving a blowjob to Al Sharpton somewhere. Obamacare was supposed to be overturned.

I don't know.

First the Dems are the party of taxing where they swore it wasn't. And I'll bet some of those 350 bills Reid sat on dealt with the tax.

That's right Rabbi lied and bribed and threatened and even blatantly disregarded the will of the voters in MA to cram this thing through. Now its a toxic mess few Dem's in congress want to touch.
That's right, Rabbi, lied and bribed and threatened and even blatantly disregarded the will of the voters

See how much better it sounds when you use commas?

Rabbi, the Nancy Pelosi fan club president said Obama is awesome. Oh wait...:eusa_think:

I'm with this guy. Let's see some people in fucking orange before this is over.

Damn what a disgusting corrupt batch of assholes that shoved this down America's throats.

"During the intense debate over ACU, the Republicans were denigrated and vilified for being opposed to the legislation that very few, if any, lawmaker read

In fact, one congressman, Alan Grayson of Florida, told the American people that Republicans 'want you to die' because they opposed Obama's monstrosity," said former hospital security director and police chief, Tony Arcadian.

"I believe these people should face criminal charges for perpetrating a fraud. Eric Holder prosecuted businessmen for less," Arcadian added."

Breaking Obamacare architect admits Obama lied about his signature law - National Law Enforcement Examiner.com

I'm with this guy. Let's see some people in orange before this is over.

Damn what a disgusting corrupt batch of assholes that shoved this down America's throat.

"During the intense debate over ACU, the Republicans were denigrated and vilified for being opposed to the legislation that very few, if any, lawmaker read

In fact, one congressman, Alan Grayson of Florida, told the American people that Republicans 'want you to die' because they opposed Obama's monstrosity," said former hospital security director and police chief, Tony Arcadian.

"I believe these people should face criminal charges for perpetrating a fraud. Eric Holder prosecuted businessmen for less," Arcadian added."

Breaking Obamacare architect admits Obama lied about his signature law - National Law Enforcement Examiner.com

I have no idea what this asshole is talking about lol...and none of you hater dupes does either. But he is a very intelligent (on health care) jackass.

“Lack of transparency is a huge political advantage,” says the MIT economist who helped write Obamacare. “And basically, call it the stupidity of the American voter or whatever, but basically that was really, really critical for the thing to pass.”

“This bill was written in a tortured way to make sure the CBO didn’t score the mandate as taxes. If CBO scored the mandate as taxes the bill dies.

…If you made it explicit that healthy people pay in [and] sick people get money it would not have passed.”

Could you give the credentials of this person and a supply a link that indicates he was one of the authors of ACA?

he was an architect of ROMNEYCARE, and was one of the consultants hired on obamacare, due to his experience with the creation of Romneycare....the system used to model obama care after...

If the video was not cut off...and we heard what he was answering, or in context, it could give a better understanding of the quip...

ClosedCaption... You won't I'm sure respond as I've totally embarrassed you and I apologize for that.

I generally don't like to get that snippy but your defense of Obamacare while ignoring even the simple spell checker just struck me what
Obama et.al. were counting on...i.e. people being too stupid or too lazy to comprehend this 2,000+ monstrosity that Pelosi said
“But we have to pass the [health care] bill so that you can find out what’s in it.... "
Pelosi et.al. were counting on your laziness and stupidity NOT to ask simple questions like:
How can there be 46 million uninsured when
1) 10 million PER the census of the 46 million are not citizens!
2) 14 million Per the Census were undercounted and should not be included in the 46 million!
3) 18 million under 34, make over $50,000 don't want,don't need even though can afford employers' health plan.. WHY were they bogusly counted?
Because Obama et.al. had to pass the bill and if the truth there were less the 4 million that truly needed and wanted... would not have passed by just 7 votes!
But Obama et.al. were counting on people being lazy and stupid!

I'd like to see us bump this thread all the way till 2016. :)

Obama-care is going to fall of it's own weight once the SCotUS rules that the Federal Subsidies are illegal.

To all others on this forum... ClosedCaption is totally showing how the Obama machine wired the elections.
Her ignoring the simplicity of the "red dotted line" shows how little details are ignored by people of this short attention span, 30 second sound bite,
headline reading voter allowed Obama to fool them!
I am showing her and her ilk's inability to handle the little details screwed up their efforts for the "BIG PLAN"..i.e Obamacare! Little details folks!

Closed Caption is a chick? I couldn't tell. She's not very bright when it comes to Obamacare.

I'm with this guy. Let's see some people in orange before this is over.

Damn what a disgusting corrupt batch of assholes that shoved this down America's throat.

It was reported today that Rush Limbaugh is suing the crap out of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee for defamation. It looks like he has them cold with a 9th circuit court precedent on his side so they are going to get spanked for who knows how many millions of dollars.

It's not good at all but then this is nothing new.
Have folks forgotten about the Big Lie regarding the cost of Medicare Part D?
The link below should refresh everyone's memory.
Republican Deficit Hypocrisy - Forbes

Personally, when lies are used to make a costly law or any law, heads should row and prison cells should become home of the liars.

Google would lead one to believe Gruber is a gay Jew....not that there's anything wrong wid dat.

Could you give the credentials of this person and a supply a link that indicates he was one of the authors of ACA?

he was an architect of ROMNEYCARE, and was one of the consultants hired on obamacare, due to his experience with the creation of Romneycare....the system used to model obama care after...

If the video was not cut off...and we heard what he was answering, or in context, it could give a better understanding of the quip...

So?

And he said what he said. Liberals constantly trying to run interference getting old

The ACA is a huge fucking mess. But that's what you get when a massive part of the American economy becomes politicized.

We still have six (6), SIX different fucking health care delivery/payment systems, and the GOP has no answer for it:
  1. Medicare
  2. Medicaid
  3. Individual/ACA
  4. Group
  5. VA
  6. Indigent
Both parties are responsible for this fucking mess, a pox (no pun intended) on both houses.

Wrong. No Republican voted for it and slinging shit as far as you can see still doesn't make you look smart.

And the same holds true for you being an obedient little partisan ideologue.

So what? Who cares?

Why do you always have to make this personal?

Hi asshole. Not one republican voted for obamacare.

You are not impressing anyone by saying all politicians lie. Really, you are not at all.

Fence sitters are even worse than libs. At least libs stand up for what they believe. The fence sitters hold a finger in the air.

More importantly, people like him are usually libs on most subjects but claim they're objective.

I remember him saying he doesn't like to get into conversations with partisans, yet that's pretty much all he does.

The ACA is a huge fucking mess. But that's what you get when a massive part of the American economy becomes politicized.

We still have six (6), SIX different fucking health care delivery/payment systems, and the GOP has no answer for it:
  1. Medicare
  2. Medicaid
  3. Individual/ACA
  4. Group
  5. VA
  6. Indigent
Both parties are responsible for this fucking mess, a pox (no pun intended) on both houses.

Wrong. No Republican voted for it and slinging shit as far as you can see still doesn't make you look smart.

And the same holds true for you being an obedient little partisan ideologue.

So what? Who cares?

Why do you always have to make this personal?

Hi asshole. Not one republican voted for obamacare.

You are not impressing anyone by saying all politicians lie. Really, you are not at all.

You folks always have to make things personal.

Where is my post wrong, specifically?

We all know all politicians lie. We all know that. This is about the fraud of obamacare. Not one republican voted for it.

You use any issue as a poignant opportunity to brow beat us on what you think is so wise, as if no one knows it.

It is tired. This about obamacare, and what was passed. Want me to repeat that not one republican voted for it? Not even one rhino.

He sounds like he just got out of college and hasn't formed any opinions yet. I like when he asks you to "map it out."

ObamaCare passed more than 50 times.

Why don't you ask the mods to put this thread in the correct forum and then

Before61307479_zpseeafe8e9.gif

It's not news that they lied the only surprise is someone actually admitting it and doing so while knowingly being taped.

In a newly uncovered video, Obamacare architect Jonathan Gruber admits that a “lack of transparency” was key in getting the Affordable Care Act passed because “the stupidity of the American voter” would have otherwise killed the bill.

From 2009-2010 Gruber, a professor of economics at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, served as a technical consultant to the Obama Administration during which time he helped craft the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, more commonly known as Obamacare.
During a recent panel discussion, Gruber explained that the characterization of the individual mandate as a tax, which led to the Supreme Court upholding it as such, was not actually a tax at all.
“This bill was written in a tortured way to make sure CBO did not score the mandate as taxes,” stated Gruber. “If CBO scored the mandate as taxes, the bill dies. Okay, so it’s written to do that. In terms of risk rated subsidies, if you had a law which said that healthy people are going to pay in – you made explicit healthy people pay in and sick people get money, it would not have passed.”
“Lack of transparency is a huge political advantage,” he added. “And basically, call it the stupidity of the American voter or whatever, but basically that was really really critical for the thing to pass. Look, I wish Mark was right that we could make it all transparent, but I’d rather have this law than not.”
Although it’s widely acknowledged that Obamacare was forced through off the back of broken promises and dirty tricks, to have someone who helped craft the law brazenly admit the fact is still shocking.
The clip is also disturbingly ironic given Obama’s 2013 claim that his White House is “the most transparent administration in history .”
When the President was promoting the virtues of Obamacare in 2009, he also infamously uttered the line, “First, no matter what’ve you’ve heard, if you like your doctor — or health care plan — you can keep it.”
That promise was shattered earlier this year when Obama acknowledged during an interview with WebMD that Americans, “might end up having to switch doctors.”

Google would lead one to believe Gruber is a gay Jew....not that there's anything wrong wid dat.

Well, if Gruber is happy, that's all that counts.:2up:

Forum List

Back