Occupy Wall Street: The Movement Grows

So today, Occupado Minneapolis took the whole whacky gang from the World Worker's Party and went across the street to another building. Just an intimate get together of maybe a dozen, leaving the plaza empty save for their mess being watched by one or two of their paid members.

So what were they doing there? Had sirens, and whistles and bells and screaming incoherent chants holding up a HUGE sign saying "Solidarity with All Prisoners". :wtf:

Yes. The Occupados speak for us all. :rolleyes:

How does this exactly promote the 'goals' of the Occupados... or was this always the goal?

The truth sucks for them. Nothing more than a bunch of socio-fascist-anarchists wanting to set the world on fire and watch it burn.

What do they call this? Astro-turfing? Or totalitarianism?

Officials with the revamped ACORN office in New York -- operating as New York Communities for Change -- have fired staff, shredded reams of documents and told workers to blame disgruntled ex-employees for leaking information in an effort to explain away a FoxNews.com report last week on the group’s involvement in Occupy Wall Street protests, according to sources.

NYCC also is installing surveillance cameras and recording devices at its Brooklyn offices, removing or packing away supplies bearing the name ACORN and handing out photos of Fox News staff with a stern warning not to talk to the media, the sources said.

“Now there’s no texting in the office, no phone calls in the office. They tell us to take our phone calls out into the waiting room where there’s an intercom, and then they turn on the intercom to hear our conversations. They’re installing new cameras and speakers around the building so they can hear everything.

“It was pretty funny. Jonathan told staff they don’t pay for protesters, but the people in the meeting who work there objected and said, ‘Wait, you pay us to go to the protests every day?’ Then Jonathan said ‘No, but that’s your job,’ and staffers were like, ‘Yeah, our job is to protest,’ and Westin said, ‘No your job is to fight for economic and social justice. We just send you to protest.’

“Staff said, ‘Yes, you pay us to carry signs.’ Then Jonathan says, ‘That’s your job.’ It went on like that back and forth for a while.”

Read more: ACORN Officials Scramble, Firing Workers And Shredding Documents, After Exposed As Players Behind Occupy Wall Street Protests | Fox News

Why are the OWS's not protesting the Wallstreet corruption at MF Global?

The number one reason is he's a Democrat.

But.....

He's also the former CEO of Goldman Sachs.

Also he's from Obama's state, Illinois.

He's also a University of Chicago alma mater, the University that Obama was a guest lecturer at and is given credit for being a full professor at, a school located at Hyde Park, where Obama lives.

I'm just saying.

During a presidency that likes to take down the rich and powerful Corzine is allowed to skate because he's friends with Obama. It's just that simple.

If you have the right connections you can get away with anything.

Links
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Corzine
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Booth_School_of_Business
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyde_Park,_Chicago

Last edited:

Because that wasn't political insider corruption of the system that was plain old CRIME.

No need to protest that event as the SEC is going to come down on those criminals like a ton of bricks.

Corzine is a criminal. But he is a political criminal.

Now I know why the Obama press decided now was a good time to start a sex-scandal.....because is sucks everything out of the room. The media can't resist a good sex-scandal.....even if most of it is made up with false innuendo from anonymous sources.

Last edited:

Because that wasn't political insider corruption of the system that was plain old CRIME.

No need to protest that event as the SEC is going to come down on those criminals like a ton of bricks.

Corzine is a criminal. But he is a political criminal.

Now I know why the Obama press decided now was a good time to start a sex-scandal.....because is sucks everything out of the room. The media can't resist a good sex-scandal.....even if most of it is made up with false innuendo from anonymous sources.

I agree nice post.

The SEC is doing its job as it regards MF Global.

I fail to see what the complaint is, as it regards that event.

All I'm seeing from the above complaints is more I hate Obama no matter what nonsense.

Officials with the revamped ACORN office in New York -- operating as New York Communities for Change -- have fired staff, shredded reams of documents and told workers to blame disgruntled ex-employees for leaking information in an effort to explain away a FoxNews.com report last week on the group’s involvement in Occupy Wall Street protests, according to sources.

NYCC also is installing surveillance cameras and recording devices at its Brooklyn offices, removing or packing away supplies bearing the name ACORN and handing out photos of Fox News staff with a stern warning not to talk to the media, the sources said.

“Now there’s no texting in the office, no phone calls in the office. They tell us to take our phone calls out into the waiting room where there’s an intercom, and then they turn on the intercom to hear our conversations. They’re installing new cameras and speakers around the building so they can hear everything.

“It was pretty funny. Jonathan told staff they don’t pay for protesters, but the people in the meeting who work there objected and said, ‘Wait, you pay us to go to the protests every day?’ Then Jonathan said ‘No, but that’s your job,’ and staffers were like, ‘Yeah, our job is to protest,’ and Westin said, ‘No your job is to fight for economic and social justice. We just send you to protest.’

“Staff said, ‘Yes, you pay us to carry signs.’ Then Jonathan says, ‘That’s your job.’ It went on like that back and forth for a while.”

Read more: ACORN Officials Scramble, Firing Workers And Shredding Documents, After Exposed As Players Behind Occupy Wall Street Protests | Fox News
Ass-troturfing I think.

All I'm seeing from the above complaints is more I hate Obama no matter what nonsense.
Well, mistakes were made and they didn't stop the SEC quick enough from doing their job. I'll believe something's REALLY being done when I see Corzine and his cronies frog marched to prison a la Bernie Madoff.

Then please lather, rinse, repeat a few dozen more times till those criminals hiding behind the skirts of politicians... fuck... scoop up those politicians too, and be done with the bunch till they get the point this is NOT how we allow business to act in this nation, or politicians.

I'm just try to bring some reality to the situation.

I shouldn't have to explain it.

Something to do with proper perspective that is jermaine to the issues that might effect our lives.

What is more important, whether or not Cain complimented some woman and yet she found it offensive, or a crooked politician that's a repeat offender and may skate because he knows the right people? We have this president that's stirring up shit by castigating the rich yet he himself is in the group he condemns.

I guess it depends on your priorities.

Last edited:

If this weren't so dirty, and its purpose so sinister, this would be epic comedy! I don't know whether to be more amazed at the sheer, unmitigated gall of the "leaders" of this sham, or the near-idiocy of their followers.

As for what to call it, how about "Astro-turfing for the sake of totalitarianism"; a more complete description, I think.

For you, that would be quite novel.

Actually, you should. Actually, the reason you have your head up your ass here has been quite clearly explained to you. Actually, you have offered, once more, nothing at all pertinent in response. Nothing but diversion, red herring, empty rhetoric, and logical fallacies -- as usual.

You say less with more words than any other poster on this forum. I think there ought to be a prize for that.

If this weren't so dirty, and its purpose so sinister, this would be epic comedy! I don't know whether to be more amazed at the sheer, unmitigated gall of the "leaders" of this sham, or the near-idiocy of their followers.

As for what to call it, how about "Astro-turfing for the sake of totalitarianism"; a more complete description, I think.
Here's their planned model.

Sturmabteilung - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Go ahead. Read what they did. See the similarities. Collectivist goons are nothing if not predictable. Why people are always surprised by their actions is always amazing to me.

For you, that would be quite novel.

Actually, you should. Actually, the reason you have your head up your ass here has been quite clearly explained to you. Actually, you have offered, once more, nothing at all pertinent in response. Nothing but diversion, red herring, empty rhetoric, and logical fallacies -- as usual.

You say less with more words than any other poster on this forum. I think there ought to be a prize for that.

:eusa_eh:

Trying to win debates by constantly doing something that looks like screaming

'YOU'RE A GOD DAMNED LIAR!!!!'

isn't an effective tactic.

Try coming up with proof that the evidence I've laid out is wrong.

That seems to work much better. :lol:

Otherwise your rants, although slightly more sophisticated, are simply like passing gas.

Last edited:
Trying to win debates

Is that what I'm doing? Is this a debate? Don't you actually have to say something, take a position, before we can have a debate?

Since you haven't presented any, nor even made any claims that evidence might be applied to one way or the other, that would be pretty hard. Which is probably the point.

Trying to win debates

Is that what I'm doing? Is this a debate? Don't you actually have to say something, take a position, before we can have a debate?

Since you haven't presented any, nor even made any claims that evidence might be applied to one way or the other, that would be pretty hard. Which is probably the point.

Well, when you figure out your point I'll alert the media.

You know.....ha ha......words have meaning..:lmao:

So you're claiming now I haven't staked out a position?

Forget that I provided evidence to support my position....you can't even see what my position is????

Is that seriously what you're claiming now???

:eusa_angel:

You're not very good at this.

Uh oh. Looks like OWS is racist or something.

Some activists were outraged, however, that the survey results and the infographic show Occupy Wall Street to be 81.2 percent white, and only 1.6 percent black.

By comparison, the U.S. population is 77.1 percent white and 12.9 percent black, according to the U.S. Census Bureau–making the Occupy Wall Street movement disproportionately white.

The infographic, depicted below, caused instant controversy when it was shared among Occupy Wall Street organizers. One activist reacted: “81% white protestors–and you actually made a flyer proudly advertising this lie, in a multicultural city like NYC? You must be crazy and blind.”

» ‘RACISM!’ – #Occupy Activists Clash After Internal Survey Reveals #OccupyWallStreet 81.2% White, 1.6% Black - Big Government

The flyer was distributed by FastCompany, the “progressive business” magazine.

occupy-wall-street-infographic-960-1575.jpg

Why are the crimes of Citigroup and Goldman Sachs unpunished?

"Can we all agree that a $1 billion swindle represents a lot of money, and the fact that Citigroup agreed last week to pay a $285 million fine to settle SEC charges for 'misleading investors' demonstrates a damning admission of culpability?

"So why has Robert Rubin, the onetime treasury secretary who went on to become Citigroup chairman during the time of the corporation’s financial shenanigans, never been held accountable for this and other deep damage done to the U.S. economy on his watch?"

Robert Scheer: Too Big to Jail - Robert Scheer's Columns - Truthdig

Is there any reason Lloyd "God's Work" Blankfein shouldn't answer for the crimes of Goldman Sachs?

"Goldman Sachs’ commodities index is the most heavily traded in the world.

"Goldman Sachs hoards rice, wheat, corn, sugar and livestock and jacks up commodity prices around the globe so that poor families can no longer afford basic staples and literally starve.

"Goldman Sachs is able to carry out its malfeasance at home and in global markets because it has former officials filtered throughout the government and lavishly funds compliant politicians—including Barack Obama, who received $1 million from employees at Goldman Sachs in 2008 when he ran for president.

"These politicians, in return, permit Goldman Sachs to ignore security laws that under a functioning judiciary system would see the firm indicted for felony fraud..."

Chris Hedges: Chris Hedges Arrested in Front of Goldman Sachs - Truthdig

Chris Hedges along with fourteen others was arrested in front of Goldman Sachs headquarters shortly after pointing out the crimes of the 1%.

Forum List

Back