OFFICIAL Put Your SOTU Comments HERE Thread

Trump wants the speech. He needs the speech. He needs the adulation heaped upon him by the likes of Jim Jordan, Steve Scalise & Mike Pence who will leap to their feat in servility like puppy dogs at the sound of their Master's voice.
He can speak from the Oval Office; you know the critters will be watching.
HEY! I just thought of something FANTASTIC!!!!!
The absolutely most aggravating part of the SOTU is the clapping every time the Pres ends a sentence. If he's not presenting this in the Chambers, we can listen to the SOTU without 45 minutes of applause.

AWESOME SAUCE!

I dunno OL, if he gives the speech on the floor of the US Senate, I wouldn't be surprised if the Repubs there will enthusiastically support everything he says that they like, which is probably most if not all of it. Or he can do the speech elsewhere, with a larger and much louder audience.

I think if this goes down like it is now where Pelosi closes the House to him and so he gives the speech elsewhere to a national audience, this is not going to play well in Peoria and everywhere else outside of the deep blue states and districts. I would not be surprised to see public opinion shift against the Dem if they stick to this approach.

Added: I ain't all that happy about the loud applause and roars of approval either.
It is petty vindictiveness on Pelosi's part and it was his petty vindictive payback to cancel her flight on Congressional business.
They're both acting like pissed off lunatics.

Article II, Section 3, Clause 1
I just read the article and it doesn’t say Trump can deliver the State of the Union speech without permission.

He's the President. He doesn't need permission to make a speech.

He can make a speech any time he wants to. He can't do it in the House unless Nancy lets him.

You realize this makes Pelosi and the Dem's look like spoiled brat 2 year olds throwing a tantrum in the super market.

No. It's responding to Trump in his own style.

Lib please Dem's have no class, its quite obvious now.

She doesn't have to provide the House chamber as a venue....but no one is stopping tiny donnie from having his SOTU.

Its not her House chamber its the peoples House.
Well, you go right in there and tell them to let tiny donnie in.

I love that you Dem's are throwing a tantrum, here's you

crybaby.jpg
You certainly are trying hard, aren't you? :71:

I just read the article and it doesn’t say Trump can deliver the State of the Union speech without permission.

He can make a speech any time he wants to. He can't do it in the House unless Nancy lets him.

You realize this makes Pelosi and the Dem's look like spoiled brat 2 year olds throwing a tantrum in the super market.
Nope....no more that tiny donnie's every move.
It infuriates the Trumpbots who are used to people laying down before an onslaught of Tweets, and cheers the anti-Trumpers who love seeing a bully get shut down every time.

The positive imo is that if this actually plays out, Trump will give a speech not in the House and to a smaller group noticeably absent of democrats, and then Pelosi will deliver a rebuttal explaining the dems proposal on immigration that they will pass within hours of Trump finally agreeing to open up the govt. And it will seem reasonable to a majority.

Even McConnell has told Trump that shutting down the gummit in a blackmail operation is a losing gambit. Nothing is learned from a mule's second kick.

Trump wants the speech. He needs the speech. He needs the adulation heaped upon him by the likes of Jim Jordan, Steve Scalise & Mike Pence who will leap to their feat in servility like puppy dogs at the sound of their Master's voice.
The absolutely most aggravating part of the SOTU is the clapping every time the Pres ends a sentence. If he's not presenting this in the Chambers, we can listen to the SOTU without 45 minutes of applause.

AWESOME SAUCE!

I dunno OL, if he gives the speech on the floor of the US Senate, I wouldn't be surprised if the Repubs there will enthusiastically support everything he says that they like, which is probably most if not all of it. Or he can do the speech elsewhere, with a larger and much louder audience.

I think if this goes down like it is now where Pelosi closes the House to him and so he gives the speech elsewhere to a national audience, this is not going to play well in Peoria and everywhere else outside of the deep blue states and districts. I would not be surprised to see public opinion shift against the Dem if they stick to this approach.

Added: I ain't all that happy about the loud applause and roars of approval either.
It is petty vindictiveness on Pelosi's part and it was his petty vindictive payback to cancel her flight on Congressional business.

Agreed, but come on Trump canceling their taxpayer funded vacation was kind of funny.

It's not her call to make.
She doesn't have to provide the House chamber as a venue....but no one is stopping tiny donnie from having his SOTU.

Its not her House chamber its the peoples House.
Well, you go right in there and tell them to let tiny donnie in.

I love that you Dem's are throwing a tantrum, here's you

crybaby.jpg
You certainly are trying hard, aren't you? :71:

No effort is required when Dem's are self destructing. Trump really has you people unhinged :auiqs.jpg:

It infuriates the Trumpbots who are used to people laying down before an onslaught of Tweets, and cheers the anti-Trumpers who love seeing a bully get shut down every time.

The positive imo is that if this actually plays out, Trump will give a speech not in the House and to a smaller group noticeably absent of democrats, and then Pelosi will deliver a rebuttal explaining the dems proposal on immigration that they will pass within hours of Trump finally agreeing to open up the govt. And it will seem reasonable to a majority.
tiny donnie should give his speech from the Oval Office. Very dignified and he doesn't have to risk the rain going anywhere.

No. It's responding to Trump in his own style.

Lib please Dem's have no class, its quite obvious now.

It's Trump's style.

tiny donnie should give his speech from the Oval Office. Very dignified and he doesn't have to risk the rain going anywhere.
good point. I think his hair is getting even thinner.

But probably, a rally type thing is what he'll opt for

It's not her call to make.
Yes it is.

Again false. It's TRADITION nothing more.

Maybe he should give it in the hall outside Pelosi's office.

Dem's have no respect for the office of POTUS that much is clear.

Lots of respect for the office, just not for the fool that occupies it right now.

I see, if your guy doesn't win then you pout and throw tantrums got it.
ummmmm, the gop just got hammered ... by a majority of voters.

The GOP gained seats in the Senate and lying Dem's had to pretend to be Trump supporters to get elected in swing House districts.

AWESOME SAUCE!

AWESOME SAUCE!

Agreed, but come on Trump canceling their taxpayer funded vacation was kind of funny.
So was telling him he couldn't give the SOTU in her House. What a bitch.

Forum List

Back