[OFFICIAL SOFTWARE UPGRADE] Help and Bug Thread

Let me know if you are able to delete your conversations now please.

@cereal_killer WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Once upon a time when I was a young man an old man told me when I was thinking about 'tuning up' his old Willy's Jeep. He told me, "If it works, don't fix it". Sage words. Of course that was at least 10-20 years before Al Gore invented the Internet and a few years before Steve Jobs invented personal computing.

So I get it. But what was broke? I have certain reasons to stay on older software/OS's, etc.

Software is very different from vehicles. It ages over time, and security vulnerabilities are frequently discovered in older versions of software that are no longer supported by the developer.

CK made a responsible decision to migrate over to a software that is actively developed by a competent team. It will serve the community better than risking the integrity of the site due to hesitance to change.

Let me know if you are able to delete your conversations now please.

65"]Indeed I can. I do hope you add custom skins soon, because right now it is literally the sun. Also, your favicon only works on the home page for some reason.
The multiquote is one of the better implementations of multi-quoting that I've seen.
I happen to own a legitimate copy of VB5 and I know why you wouldn't prefer it.

When you quote someone it adds the quote to a list. When you get ready to post you have to click 'add quotes', which pops up a box and shows you the posts you've quoted. You click "reply to these" or something like that to put the quotes in the post writing area.

I have a thread dedicated to this.

Deleting Conversations?[/QUOTE]

Will go try now again. BRB

65"]Indeed I can. I do hope you add custom skins soon, because right now it is literally the sun. Also, your favicon only works on the home page for some reason.
The multiquote is one of the better implementations of multi-quoting that I've seen.
I happen to own a legitimate copy of VB5 and I know why you wouldn't prefer it.

When you quote someone it adds the quote to a list. When you get ready to post you have to click 'add quotes', which pops up a box and shows you the posts you've quoted. You click "reply to these" or something like that to put the quotes in the post writing area.

I have a thread dedicated to this.

Deleting Conversations?

Will go try now again. BRB[/QUOTE]

Wow..I don't know where that came from..that mess above my other post.

I didn't write that quote.

All I want to know is how to change the appearance AND How to change it so the most recent post is at the top of the thread. Someone told me you go to "preferences" and look up style, but THERE IS NO STYLE. I've looked at everything in the control panel and I see nothing on how to change appearance and thread order. Quite Frankly, I'm pretty well hating the upgrade, so far. Go back to the old forum!

@cereal_killer WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Once upon a time when I was a young man an old man told me when I was thinking about 'tuning up' his old Willy's Jeep. He told me, "If it works, don't fix it". Sage words. Of course that was at least 10-20 years before Al Gore invented the Internet and a few years before Steve Jobs invented personal computing.

So I get it. But what was broke? I have certain reasons to stay on older software/OS's, etc.

p.s. I reckon you'll have to re write the rep points thread(s) . . . . .
vBulletin has a lot of security issues and their support is terrible to non-existent. Not to mention its very buggy and slow.

Xenforo affords the users and owners a much more stable and secure platform. Plus its a lot leaner and faster

Does it look like the sun when you go to google.com?

What about wikipedia.com? Or Amazon.com?

I wonder why some of the most popular websites in the world use a white background.

Just food for thought.

All I want to know is how to change the appearance AND How to change it so the most recent post is at the top of the thread. Someone told me you go to "preferences" and look up style, but THERE IS NO STYLE. I've looked at everything in the control panel and I see nothing on how to change appearance and thread order. Quite Frankly, I'm pretty well hating the upgrade, so far. Go back to the old forum!

At this time there is no other style to choose.... so there is no option to change it. Once we get other bugs worked out we can look at adding additional styles.

I don't stay on google or wiki or amazon for more than a few minutes. Here? Hell, I LIVE here. More food for thought, lol.
Give us some drapes! *snicker*

I, for one, like the new format. It will take some getting used to, but all the butthurt being paraded around so freely here is beyond ridiculous.

Good move, CK. Thank you for switching to this glorious new software.

I, for one, like the new format. It will take some getting used to, but all the butthurt being paraded around so freely here is beyond ridiculous.

Ass kisser.

I don't stay on google or wiki or amazon for more than a few minutes. Here? Hell, I LIVE here. More food for thought, lol.
Give us some drapes! *snicker*

Favicon issue is fixed, thanks for pointing it out.

As I mentioned in your other thread --- we will work on getting additional styles after all the other bugs are worked out. Please be patient.

So I guess for me, I just have to learn where our reputation went. Mine used to outnumber my post count. Now I see Like received, Trophy Points, and Ratings.

What do those three numbers in Ratings mean?

At this time there is no other style to choose.... so there is no option to change it. Once we get other bugs worked out we can look at adding additional styles.

So, there is no way to change the order of posts in threads either? This is awful. Why did you do this "upgrade" if there is no upgrade. Go back to the old forum.

Glorious? o_O You for "one" indeed

So, there is no way to change the order of posts in threads either? This is awful. Why did you do this "upgrade" if there is no upgrade. Go back to the old forum.
They are NOT going to go back to the old forum. Keep playing. You will get used to it. Concerning how the posts are displayed....give them some time to get stuff fixed. Just sayin'.

Forum List

Back