[OFFICIAL SOFTWARE UPGRADE] Help and Bug Thread

BUG: when I go to "Conversations", check three of four messages to delete, then click "Leave Messages", software has something like "Accept future messages" autoselected and I click "Okay"...software redirects me to a page url "US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum", which is completely blank and leaves me there.

EDIT: that url in longhand is usmessageboard(.)com/inline-mod/conversation/leave

This is the same problem I'm having, and it does the same thing regardless of whether I choose to accept or deny future messages.

That has nothing to do with the server and everything to do with your browser (possibly getting choked up over leftover cookies and/or cache).

Delete your cookies, dump your cache, and try again.

Cookies dumped, cache cleared, still have lag on this board but not on other sites. I didn't have lag earlier in the day.

Cookies dumped, cache cleared, still have lag on this board but not on other sites. I didn't have lag earlier in the day.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you did both right.

That said... I got nothin'. I'm an IP.Board geek.

I beg to differ sir. When first I accessed the board this afternoon, it was slooow sloooow slooow. I mean slow. Then I got a ngix errors.

Updates of live content will always have some kind of bugs.

I'm sure over the next week or two most of the bugs will be hammered out and we may even have a non-awful theme or skin on the way.

I beg to differ sir. When first I accessed the board this afternoon, it was slooow sloooow slooow. I mean slow. Then I got a ngix errors.
We've been doing A LOT of things on the back-end ll day so give it time if your expereincing slow load times

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you did both right.

That said... I got nothin'. I'm an IP.Board geek.

I don't get it, the lag is gone now. I didn't do anything on my end and I didn't have any processes running in background. Oh well, Gremlins.

A fresh install of opera does the same thing for me.

I checkmark 3 conversations

e6f8c61f4b.jpg

And then this happens:

c256c7a982.jpg

I literally just installed Opera and have never had it on this system before, therefore I do not believe it to be a cache/cookie problem.

I see an error in the logs causing this. Will look into this more and try and get it fixed for you.

A fresh install of opera does the same thing for me.

I checkmark 3 conversations

e6f8c61f4b.jpg

And then this happens:

c256c7a982.jpg

I literally just installed Opera and have never had it on this system before, therefore I do not believe it to be a cache/cookie problem.

@cereal_killer WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Once upon a time when I was a young man an old man told me when I was thinking about 'tuning up' his old Willy's Jeep. He told me, "If it works, don't fix it". Sage words. Of course that was at least 10-20 years before Al Gore invented the Internet and a few years before Steve Jobs invented personal computing.

So I get it. But what was broke? I have certain reasons to stay on older software/OS's, etc.

p.s. I reckon you'll have to re write the rep points thread(s) . . . . .

I don't get it, the lag is gone now. I didn't do anything on my end and I didn't have any processes running in background. Oh well, Gremlins.

I should have mentioned doing a hard refresh after dumping the cache. Oh well, seems like it worked itself out. :)

@cereal_killer
So I get it. But what was broke? I have certain reasons to stay on older software/OS's, etc.

p.s. I reckon you'll have to re write the rep points thread(s) . . . . .

The version of VB that we were using has been discontinued for about 2 years now... maybe more.

People would complain about going from VB3 to VB4.

People would REALLY complain about going from VB4 to VB5 -- which is the new version, as VB5 is an abomination. So after we did that, we would end up on Xenforo anyway.

So we'll go with one layer of complaints (VB3 -> Xenforo) as opposed to 3 layers of complaints via the VB3 -> VB4 -> VB5 -> Xenforo route.

Forum List

Back