[OFFICIAL SOFTWARE UPGRADE] Help and Bug Thread

10/4 Ropey ... hope i can remember which button.

Sure thing. I recognize the video button more easily and it's right next to the video button.

This is odd...
I can't click a rating on post 818.. I can see the "like/agree/disagree" icons just barely but they're greyed out, almost invisible. In fact the reply button doesn't work either. Clicking anywhere in that area only changes the size of the post, presumably because there's an image in it.

Sounds like your mouse is stuck. Refresh your browser and try again.

Sounds like your mouse is stuck. Refresh your browser and try again.

Can't recreate now but it might have been that I was clicking on "reply" in the image instead of the actual reply button. Think I still need more contrast to figure out which is the image and which is the writing field; I can't see a border between the two. :dunno:

Question ... what's the difference between "Senior Member", "VIP Member" "Silver Member"? I started out with my custom user title, that changed to "VIP Member" and today it says "Silver Member". Also, how do you tell if someone is banned now? I don't see pink anymore.

My understanding is that only those who subscribe can have a custom user title and yet I see many who are not subscribers with a custom title. ?? Is there a possibility to have a custom user title without being a paid subscriber? Just curious.

*bump* for @cereal_killer, in case he wasn't online all night. :)

Okay I used the quote function, and like the reply button it quotes Synthaholic's reply to the post he was quoting and gives me the options to add more, but I have no way to get to the post he quoted without searching back through dozens of posts. And unless the post he was responding to is included, my responding to his post here just isn't very helpful or even coherent.

This will be a problem for somebody who wants to have an ongoing discussion on the topic. So I hope this can be fixed. In fact the reply button takes me away from the post I am responding to so even that can be difficult to find. Pretty frustrating until it can be fixed or we can find our way around it. But there is no problem without a solution yes? :)

Okay I used the quote function, and like the reply button it quotes Synthaholic's reply to the post he was quoting and gives me the options to add more, but I have no way to get to the post he quoted without searching back through dozens of posts. And unless the post he was responding to is included, my responding to his post here just isn't very helpful or even coherent.

This will be a problem for somebody who wants to have an ongoing discussion on the topic. So I hope this can be fixed. In fact the reply button takes me away from the post I am responding to so even that can be difficult to find. Pretty frustrating until it can be fixed or we can find our way around it. But there is no problem without a solution yes? :)

The way to do it is to Multi-Quote my *bump* post, then click the tiny thin arrow within my *bump* post, which takes you right to the post I bumped. Click Reply. Once in the Reply Field with your cursor beneath the quoted text, click Insert Quote, and it will insert my *bump* quote directly below it.

Try it!

One nice feature here is that when you start working on a post, you can navigate away from it, and when you return your work in progress will still be here. I like that a lot.

Just use the little arrow to the immediate right of "FOXFYRE SAID: ";

FOXFYRE SAID:

That always takes you back to the post that you have just quoted.

The way to do it is to Multi-Quote my *bump* post, then click the tiny thin arrow within my *bump* post, which takes you right to the post I bumped. Click Reply. Once in the Reply Field with your cursor beneath the quoted text, click Insert Quote, and it will insert my *bump* quote directly below it.

Try it!

I've been trying to figure out how to do that but it just isn't working for me. :( I don't see any tiny thin arrow in your post.

Try it!

This is what Gracie was calling "totem posts" because they pile up. It would come out looking like this -- this being three levels:

We are used to Nested Quotes, and this site uses Multi-Quotes.

Well, boys and girls, this looks like the solution!

Now we have to ask @cereal_killer to implement it:

Fully nested quotes in the editor | XenForo Community

*bump* for @cereal_killer, in case he wasn't online all night. :)

But as noted earlier this still requires more work than auto-nesting, and reads more disjointedly -- you don't really get the flow of who's responding to who-- so I'm still pro-nesting.

I can see when I multi-quoted these they didn't appear in chrono order, so that's another edit the poster would have to make.

Just use the little arrow to the immediate right of "FOXFYRE SAID: ";

That always takes you back to the post that you have just quoted.

I've been trying to figure out how to do that but it just isn't working for me. :( I don't see any tiny thin arrow in your post.

This is a test.....I'm not sure how I did it but I think it might have worked? But it doesn't automatically put the conversation in chronological order?

I have to say that automatic nesting of posts is far more fluid, simple, intuitive, and I hope that feature can be restored.

The other problem is the same on another site I sometimes post at that uses this platform. When you quote text to support your statement or to make a statement, when the next guy replies to your post that quoted material will not show up on his reply which also can make it very confusing because you lose the context. So I hope we are going to be lots better than they are. :)

Last edited:

It's the same arrow you used to quote Synthaholic. What you have to do is jump back to that post, hit multi-quote, then jump to the previous post (with the arrow on the post you just quoted), multi-quote that one, and on as far back as you need. That's why I say it's a lotta work.

Move your mouse slowly past "Synthaholic said" and it will go from being faint gray to being highlighted red.

With that said it might be nice to darken that text and the arrow graphic (maybe make it a little thicker also).

Same for the thumbs up, check, and x on the right side.

They can be pretty hard to see.

>>>>>

It is a very faint gray color and hard to see.

Yo @cereal_killer, is there any way to make that little arrow easier to see for those of us who don't have quite the same eagle vision we had in our youth?

1347506612162_3017475.png

It's the same arrow you used to quote Synthaholic. What you have to do is jump back to that post, hit multi-quote, then jump to the previous post (with the arrow on the post you just quoted), multi-quote that one, and on as far back as you need. That's why I say it's a lotta work.

Instead of "jumping back", might I suggest RIGHT+CLICK the link and select "Open in New Tab" from the context menu. With the post in a new tab, you can still add it to the multi-quote list.

>>>>

Instead of "jumping back", might I suggest RIGHT+CLICK the link and select "Open in New Tab" from the context menu. With the post in a new tab, you can still add it to the multi-quote list.
>>>>

That would take just as long and burn a new tab. Probably not wise for those of us who find ourselves running 246 tabs and then trying later to figure out why we opened them.

Forum List

Back