[OFFICIAL SOFTWARE UPGRADE] Help and Bug Thread

I'm posting by smart phone and the site is now in mobile format for me. I hate mobile format for every site. I always click on view full site. Is there a view full site button on here?

The problem with this is that most people are navigating with their mouse and only use their keyboard when they're commenting. Now you have an additional movement towards the keyboard. The developers put that little button there for a reason - to make it mouse friendly.

But why place it there in the Dead Zone. You're right, to zoom out that far to see the button does make the site unreadable.

Not to mention the time it takes to go find the page-up key, especially if the keyboard isn't lit. On a laptop it's lost in a crowd of other keys. I don't think I've ever even used it before.

Using FireFox this SOLVED the problem. I zoomed out. The button is there.

This really isn't a great solution though. Already the right 1/3 of the screen was wasted space and now when I zoom out I have a grey sidebar on both left and right and this makes everything within the inner border that much smaller.

What's the point of putting a useful widget into a dead zone?
Forum is set up for people that use their browsers at the recommended default settings. If you choose to use and view the site with anything other than the recommended default view settings, which most people do, then you'll have to deal with whatever your facing. Browsers have a default setting for a reason.

I'm posting by smart phone and the site is now in mobile format for me. I hate mobile format for every site. I always click on view full site. Is there a view full site button on here?
Thats a setting on your smartphone. There is no mobile site anymore.

Just totem post. Problem solved and no gadgetry needed.

I like the term "totem post" :lol:
It's a workaround but we'd still have to jump to the prior post, multiquote it, jump to the prior one, multiquote it, jump to the one before that, etc etc. Nested quotes would not only be less work but would show all the segues in a smooth transition. Multiquotes just read like a newspaper story going "continued on page 27".

Forum is set up for people that use their browsers at the recommended default settings. If you choose to use and view the site with anything other than the recommended default view settings, which most people do, then you'll have to deal with whatever your facing. Browsers have a default setting for a reason.

Mine's set to default and I get no button unless I zoom way out off the page, C_K.
It's not a problem, I don't really need it, just saying that's where it shows up here.

I like the term "totem post" :lol:
It's a workaround but we'd still have to jump to the prior post, multiquote it, jump to the prior one, multiquote it, jump to the one before that, etc etc. Nested quotes would not only be less work but would show all the segues in a smooth transition. Multiquotes just read like a newspaper story going "continued on page 27".

I don't mind this. I would delete a lot of the nested quotes because I found it to be confusing. Also, a lot of times you would think a person was quoting you, when actually they were quoting someone else, but your post was "nested" in there, so you would receive notification as if you had been quoted.

I don't mind using the arrow key next to the poster's name to go back and multi quote because I probably would not normally quote more than 2 or 3 posts to make the point.

I'm trying to type a remark and look to the side and see similar posts or threads going back 2 years. Hard to find my last posts to look for answers to those posts. I used to just find my name and it would show all my posts, and those of others too.

I'm trying to type a remark and look to the side and see similar posts or threads going back 2 years. Hard to find my last posts to look for answers to those posts. I used to just find my name and it would show all posts, and those of others too. Lots of bells and whistles I'm sure but to me it just complicates things.

Yeah I've clicked into what looked like an interesting tangent thread more than once only to find its last activity was six years ago. Might help to prioritize those by temporal relevance.

Mine's set to default and I get no button unless I zoom way out off the page, C_K.
It's not a problem, I don't really need it, just saying that's where it shows up here.

Whoot! There it is! The red arrow just showed up and floats right there in a useful accessible place, at least it does in my Firefox.

Well done, C_K. :bow2:

And thanks for all the work you guys have put in here. Gotta be a loooong week for ya.

Whoot! There it is! The red arrow just showed up and floats right there in a useful accessible place, at least it does in my Firefox.

Well done, C_K. :bow2:

And thanks for all the work you guys have put in here. Gotta be a loooong week for ya.

Yep, it's now moved inward on both Chrome and IE as well and as the page resizes, it follows. It's sure easier to access this way. Now I can make the browser smaller and still access the function.

I have to say: the board performance is much speedier. The new system doesn't have the lags that the old one did. This is a big improvement for usability.

CLAYTON, Mo. (AP) — U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder has ...

^^^^ how do you wrap the above in a quote - there is no quote tool per previous version ?

CLAYTON, Mo. (AP) — U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder has ...

^^^^ how do you wrap the above in a quote - there is no quote tool per previous version ?

The "insert" button 7th from the right. The button has a little "I". If you press it and select "Quote" you will be given the dialogue to insert your quote.

image.jpg

This is odd...
I can't click a rating on post 818.. I can see the "like/agree/disagree" icons just barely but they're greyed out, almost invisible. In fact the reply button doesn't work either. Clicking anywhere in that area only changes the size of the post, presumably because there's an image in it.

{edit} - now it works again, once this post went up. Weird.

Forum List

Back