[OFFICIAL SOFTWARE UPGRADE] Help and Bug Thread

Toro is a "Gold Member" as is @CrusaderFrank . Coincidence? :hellno:
Frank is a Gold Member only because he falls for all those Glenn Beck commercials.
4i6Ckte.gif

The "insert" button 7th from the right. The button has a little "I". If you press it and select "Quote" you will be given the dialogue to insert your quote.

Yes, I just learned about this one yesterday myself.
10/4 Ropey ... hope i can remember which button.

Sure thing. I recognize the video button more easily and it's right next to the video button.

That's how I remember it too.

t3h forum is running lightnin' fast on my end. :afro: Perhaps some of YOU PEOPLE need to clear your cache :eusa_think:

Perhaps my browser automatically clears the cache every time I close a tab.

Wait, it does, which means the cache isn't why this site is slow.

You're constantly cleaning the cache every time you close a tab?

That's bound to make it slower if you close and open a lot of tabs.
I don't think it's working CK. Here's a link to a banned member's post and I don't see a black line through their name.

Post an Avatar for Someone at USMB

Yup, I just checked another and no line visible there either.

This one?

Your link takes me to the middle of a page....and I didn't see anyone that I know to be banned on that page...:eek:

Not any more. The ranking is clear now.

Question ... what's the difference between "Senior Member", "VIP Member" "Silver Member"? I started out with my custom user title, that changed to "VIP Member" and today it says "Silver Member". Also, how do you tell if someone is banned now? I don't see pink anymore.

My understanding is that only those who subscribe can have a custom user title and yet I see many who are not subscribers with a custom title. ?? Is there a possibility to have a custom user title without being a paid subscriber? Just curious.

Oh, I meant to @cereal_killer in my post but forgot. Went to edit the post a bit later (2 hours maybe) and it won't let me. Is there a time limit for editing?

Sorry, have another question. As I'm typing this there is a sec or so lag between my typing and the words appearing on the screen ... it types out slower rather than in "real-time" as I'm typing. The faster I type the worse it is. Is there something I can do to fix that?
90 minutes to edit Zoom. I bumped it up to where it was pre-conversion. Are you using the Windows 8 native browser? (in metro)

Using Windows Vista in mah p.j.'s!

I thought we had longer than 90 min to edit prior to the conversion. Why yes, I am one of those dorks who will (try to) go back and correct a typo that's a week old. Cripes! :eusa_wall:

Any suggestions on the slow typing? It seems to do it if I do a 'quick reply' or quote someone and reply. If I just hit the 'more options' button and start typing, it's fine. I came back in and edited this last part and it was typing fine. Hmmm ....

Last edited:

Funny, this is the only sight that is slow.

And that is with Java turned off.

I find the site so much faster (than before) with browsing and even faster on formatting of posts. I was waiting for long seconds before when I finished a post and clicked reply.

Now it's instant.

Links within the site are lightning fast. Clicking on anything that requires connecting to the server seems to take longer than before.

The site is hosted on the server. The pages are formatted at the browser level.

I'm not sure of what you mean by links with the site vs the server connection.

I find the site so much faster (than before) with browsing and even faster on formatting of posts. I was waiting for long seconds before when I finished a post and clicked reply.

Now it's instant.
same here. The site works splendidly for me. Maybe windbag needs to take a computer 101 course refresher?

Now it's instant.
same here. The site works splendidly for me. Maybe windbag needs to take a computer 101 course refresher?

Look at your alerts and how fast they come to you. That's the server response time for pure data.

I'm using Chrome and IE and both seem very fast. I haven't used Firefox in years due to (at the time) bloatware and slowness issues vs the speed of Chrome.

Links within the site are lightning fast. Clicking on anything that requires connecting to the server seems to take longer than before.

When I click the arrow next to quoted posts it shoots right to the quoted post.

When I click Watched Threads, it comes up almost immediately.

Things like that.

But if I am at the bottom of page six, and click Next Page, it can be very slow.

I don't think it's working CK. Here's a link to a banned member's post and I don't see a black line through their name.

This one?

Your link takes me to the middle of a page....and I didn't see anyone that I know to be banned on that page...:eek:

Not the guy I had in mind...

Things like that.

But if I am at the bottom of page six, and click Next Page, it can be very slow.

OK, I see what you mean. I went to page 25 here and then chose 24 and 26. There is a noticeable wait and then an immediate update.

It's a bit like a standard shift.

The vb software kept the portion of thread (upon delivery) in a shadow cache system. Possibly this added to the slowness and slowdown issues with long threads like the Coffee Shop and many users in the thread. There were shut downs and restarts of new threads all over the forum.

I wonder if we merged the old thread of the coffee shop in with the new thread. I bet we wouldn't see an issue with speed and server disconnects like we were experiencing with them.

Still, this is all speculation on my part.

The "insert" button 7th from the right. The button has a little "I". If you press it and select "Quote" you will be given the dialogue to insert your quote.

Sure thing. I recognize the video button more easily and it's right next to the video button.

This one?

To be sure.....:eusa_whistle:

This one?

Not the guy I had in mind...

Yeah...I just went to your link again because of what Ropey said, but none of the people on the page where your link goes are banned.

How I finally got a link to work....click on the post # (perma link) pop-up pops up with an address. Underneath it says to copy and paste the address, so I did. Then I pasted the address at the bottom of my response. When I previewed it, the link didn't show up, and I thought WTF, but when I posted my reply, there it was.

This one?

To be sure.....:eusa_whistle:

Yeah, I wasn't that clear. I meant that my link was now clear. It wasn't before.

The other link still isn't.

:redface:

The only problem I've encountered so far was when I was trying to post in a thread and it kept giving me an error message and wouldn't let me post. That was annoying. I still haven't been back to that thread because I was so annoyed. :cheeky-smiley-018:

Things like that.

OK, I see what you mean. I went to page 25 here and then chose 24 and 26. There is a noticeable wait and then an immediate update.

It's a bit like a standard shift.

The vb software kept the portion of thread (upon delivery) in a shadow cache system. Possibly this added to the slowness and slowdown issues with long threads like the Coffee Shop and many users in the thread. There were shut downs and restarts of new threads all over the forum.

I wonder if we merged the old thread of the coffee shop in with the new thread. I bet we wouldn't see an issue with speed and server disconnects like we were experiencing with them.

Still, this is all speculation on my part.

Way too complicated. At regular intervals, according to their union contracts, the rats in the cage spinning all those wheels get a coffee break.

Forum List

Back