[OFFICIAL SOFTWARE UPGRADE] Help and Bug Thread

Similiar Threads have been removed and all major/minor tweaks/changes have been implemented. We've implemented a lot of users requests and we've reached the point where we feel comfortable with where we are at with the conversion. Site is running beautifully fast and its feature rich.

Time to lock this one up with requests (not close this thread). If you need further assistance/help or notice any bugs please do report them in here.

Still haven't seen where we can cut off avatars. Is that no longer an option? It is good to have for people with weak signal strengths or limited data plans. I sometimes cut them off on sites particularly on real windy days when my connection strength gets crappy.

Okay I hated blocking ads because they pay for the site. But I'm getting talking ads now that repeat and repeat and repeat and they are major annoying especially when I'm listening to music or trying to hear something on the radio. I'm scrambling for the mute on the computer and that is an unnecessary irritant. So I guess I'll be installing ad blocker. :(

Okay I hated blocking ads because they pay for the site. But I'm getting talking ads now that repeat and repeat and repeat and they are major annoying especially when I'm listening to music or trying to hear something on the radio. I'm scrambling for the mute on the computer and that is an unnecessary irritant. So I guess I'll be installing ad blocker. :(

Adblock Plus and Noscripts are your friends!

I'd rather support the site with a paid subscription than be spammed by ads and malware.

Still haven't seen where we can cut off avatars. Is that no longer an option? It is good to have for people with weak signal strengths or limited data plans. I sometimes cut them off on sites particularly on real windy days when my connection strength gets crappy.

It is not an option.

Similiar Threads have been removed and all major/minor tweaks/changes have been implemented. We've implemented a lot of users requests and we've reached the point where we feel comfortable with where we are at with the conversion. Site is running beautifully fast and its feature rich.

Time to lock this one up with requests (not close this thread). If you need further assistance/help or notice any bugs please do report them in here.

My impression on this end is much the same, C_K. There may be minor tweaks here and there and obviously nobody gets everything they want, but it works, and again hats off to you and the staff for your excellent responsiveness here.
toth.gif

I am wondering since 'watched threads' is now our UserCP if I could be coded to work like a UserCP instead of "Unread watched threads? I used my UserCP to access all the active threads I was involved in whether or not there was new activity. But now once you click on the thread it then disappears until there is more activity. I would like for it to remain there as it did in the old User CP because sometimes I want to return to it later to respond to something I didn't have time to do at the time. The 'news feed' and 'content' are very nice features that I like, but they do not serve the same purpose.

My work around.

I've always kept bookmarks on my browsers bar. Typically "Subscribed Threads" and "New Posts". Create a bookmark for "Watched Threads" then change the properties so the URL it points to is "http://www.usmessageboard.com/watched/threads/all". This will display all "Watched" threads both with and without unread responses.

With the two bookmarks, I can quickly access my two most used methods of checking posts.

>>>>
Or just click the 'Show All Watched Threads' link at the bottom, and bookmark that. ;)

I know, but putting it on the bookmark bar I can open the browser and one click to the place I want to go instead of have to navigate multiple clicks to get there.

Much more efficient. :eusa_angel:

>>>>

I am wondering since 'watched threads' is now our UserCP if I could be coded to work like a UserCP instead of "Unread watched threads? I used my UserCP to access all the active threads I was involved in whether or not there was new activity. But now once you click on the thread it then disappears until there is more activity. I would like for it to remain there as it did in the old User CP because sometimes I want to return to it later to respond to something I didn't have time to do at the time. The 'news feed' and 'content' are very nice features that I like, but they do not serve the same purpose.

My work around.

I've always kept bookmarks on my browsers bar. Typically "Subscribed Threads" and "New Posts". Create a bookmark for "Watched Threads" then change the properties so the URL it points to is "http://www.usmessageboard.com/watched/threads/all". This will display all "Watched" threads both with and without unread responses.

With the two bookmarks, I can quickly access my two most used methods of checking posts.

>>>>
Or just click the 'Show All Watched Threads' link at the bottom, and bookmark that. ;)

I already have it bookmarked on this computer but it would have to be done every time you change computers or devices or browsers. I just want it work like the old UserCP key and all those extra steps are eliminated.

@Foxfyre
Here's a stroke that may make it slightly easier I just figured out--
The only difference in the link for "watched threads" (that doesn't show already-read ones) and "all watched threads" (that does) is the </all> at the end of the URL. So clicking "watched" and then adding "/all" to the URL will take you there. Still an extra step but easier than going to Bookmarks.

(the Bookmark function, especially in Firefox, is a convoluted couterinuitive mess)

My work around.

>>>>

I already have it bookmarked on this computer but it would have to be done every time you change computers or devices or browsers. I just want it work like the old UserCP key and all those extra steps are eliminated.

@Foxfyre
The only difference in the link for "watched threads" (that doesn't show already-read ones) and "all watched threads" (that does) is the </all> at the end of the URL. So clicking "watched" and then adding "/all" to the URL will take you there. Still an extra step but easier than going to Bookmarks.

(the Bookmark function, especially in Firefox, is a convoluted couterinuitive mess)

Thanks for the tip, I have now bookmarked Watched/Threads/All :D

http://www.usmessageboard.com/watched/threads/all

My impression on this end is much the same, C_K. There may be minor tweaks here and there and obviously nobody gets everything they want, but it works, and again hats off to you and the staff for your excellent responsiveness here.
toth.gif
Thanks Pogo, your appreciation is much appreciated :)

For example if I start typing

toth.gif
Thanks Pogo, your appreciation is much appreciated :)

I concur with Pogo's appreciation. :)

Oh, and thanks for going back to that avi! :D

>

This is probably dumb.

But I clicked "Reply" to a post and it preloaded the quote in the box. OK. Wrote a reply and decided against it. However I couldn't "Cancel" the reply or clear the box. If I deleted all the text and went to a different page it was still there when I came back to this tread.

So I finally just said screw it. Posted a ".", then manually deleted the post.

So if you click reply, how do you cancel or clear the box?

>>>>

My work around.

>>>>

@Foxfyre

Thanks for the tip, I have now bookmarked Watched/Threads/All :D

http://www.usmessageboard.com/watched/threads/all

I use IE whenever possible and bookmarking is pretty intuitive, quick, and user friendly. I will dislike having to go through the process having to bookmark when I use a different browser or different computer or other device, most especially when it won't be as easy to do, but if the suggestions for improvements era is over here, we'll just have to do the best we can with what we have. At least on this computer, the bookmark solved the problem for me.

I really hate making things harder than they have to be and having to do two or three or more steps to do something that I know can be done with one step because we've done it with one step. But hopefully we'll get used to it all.

I have alerts turned off. Watched threads/forums is not working. I watch a thread and it isn't showing up in watch forums list. And I'm not getting email notification and yes I enabled it.

I hope this thread is still being monitored by the fix-it folks...

When you first click the "Alerts" button, new Alerts are highlighted but only for a few seconds. It would be very helpful if Alerts remained highlighted until the were accessed (clicked).

When you click on your alerts, the system then creates a page for them....instead of going back to the alerts, you can just click on them on the page and then hit the back button to return to the page and continue looking at your alerts. At first I was having to go back up to the alerts to see the next one, and I was finding it annoying and then, Duh! I noticed that they were on the screen.....all of them....I like that better. You have to click "Alerts" twice to get the page.

Forum List

Back