[OFFICIAL SOFTWARE UPGRADE] Help and Bug Thread

May we have a mobile device thread in this forum please? Some questions I have I doubt are bugs/issues and I bet those of us who are mobile could show each other where we found the shinies. I hate to clutter a long thread with off topic stuff that is going to annoy the majority of the posters here. Thank you in advance (or not if denied!).

By the way, this forum is supported by advertising, not the staff.

Not a chance in hell, especially with jackasses shouting about AdBlock from the rooftops every chance they get.

Stop talking about things you clearly don't understand. Wait, why start now?
Not only that. Due to the content of this site we don't get the best ads. Ask anyone who owns a Political Forum, they'll stomp out language and a lot of the flaming because they know the best ads will be yanked from their site.

By the way, this forum is supported by advertising, not the staff.

Not a chance in hell, especially with jackasses shouting about AdBlock from the rooftops every chance they get.

Not only that. Due to the content of this site we don't get the best ads. Ask anyone who owns a Political Forum, they'll stomp out language and a lot of the flaming because they know the best ads will be yanked from their site.

I hadn't even thought of the language thing. Food for thought.

Thanks.

Do you get extra points for the ass kissing you do? Have you seen all the posts complaining about the ads?

Seems to me the new format doesn't cache. Even just hitting Back doesn't seem to be coming from cache either. Just my subjective impression though. But it's definitely a lot slower than the previous verison.

One thing I've noticed that causes longer load times is when someone inserts images into a post, or their sig. When accessing those sites sometimes it'll hang adding time to the page load. Can overcome that by disabling images from all but usmb (so we can see our avatars.)

If I am trying to scroll on my iPod, using tapatalk, it freezes for every image it comes across, even smilies, until it finishes loading.

It's working fast as can be from this end, and on all of my devices.

Got a page load time display? Pick a middle numbered page for this thread and see how long it takes to fully load it so you can type a reply. A good time for me is about 50s. But more typically it's laot longer than that.
Mine aren't anywhere near that slow...more like 7 or 8 seconds.

Seems to me the new format doesn't cache. Even just hitting Back doesn't seem to be coming from cache either. Just my subjective impression though. But it's definitely a lot slower than the previous verison.

I'm pretty sure the old vBulletin site did the same thing. Had to hit refresh to see the last thing you did, and you still do.

While that is true, if I do not hit refresh, but I thank someone's post, I get the popup telling me that I have 3 new alerts. So there is communication without hitting the server.

[ay a day job to pay for all this so you don't have to
Clean up our messes
Take care of their own families

Among other things, I'm sure.

And before you whine about the ads paying for the site, those ads help, but I'll bet a paycheck that they don't cover the costs. Been there, done that.

Like I said, they shouldn't start threads asking for input if they don't want to address the problems that their crappy software causes.

By the way, this forum is supported by advertising, not the staff. Your ass kissing is misplaced on that one.

It's a shame that you don't feel like you're getting your money's worth.

[ay a day job to pay for all this so you don't have to
Clean up our messes
Take care of their own families

Among other things, I'm sure.

And before you whine about the ads paying for the site, those ads help, but I'll bet a paycheck that they don't cover the costs. Been there, done that.

Like I said, they shouldn't start threads asking for input if they don't want to address the problems that their crappy software causes.

By the way, this forum is supported by advertising, not the staff. Your ass kissing is misplaced on that one.

I've seen this before though. Business shitting on established customers.

May we have a mobile device thread in this forum please? Some questions I have I doubt are bugs/issues and I bet those of us who are mobile could show each other where we found the shinies. I hate to clutter a long thread with off topic stuff that is going to annoy the majority of the posters here. Thank you in advance (or not if denied!).

Nevermind. I find the board itself better than tapatalk on my tablet and everything is there consistent with the PC version. Dumping tapatalk.

Do you get extra points for the ass kissing you do? Have you seen all the posts complaining about the ads?
apologies for the 3 whole ads we serve one of which is in the footer where no one looks.

sucks asses ;)

Is this a blanket truth? I have been considering switching to Prism TV from Century Link, but it would require dropping Comcast internet for DSL, and I am very skeptical.
I've yet to see anyone happy with DSL. Packet loss and hops galore make for a shitty internet experience. It can work great for an hour or two then it's back to a terrible experience. Very spotty I wouldn't take DSL even if it was given to me Free.

FYI TapaTalk is a great forum app but it does have it's issues. The "mobile site" here will give you a better experience now that we're on Xenforo. TapaTalk is the better option if we were still on vBulletin

Is this a blanket truth? I have been considering switching to Prism TV from Century Link, but it would require dropping Comcast internet for DSL, and I am very skeptical.

It depends on various factors, including the distance to the DSLAM, but, in general, DSL is actually pretty good, and will soon actually provide the speeds cable wants you to think they give you.

It's working fast as can be from this end, and on all of my devices.
wut?

dull-game-room-ideas-with-many-computer-gaming-on-simple-floating-black-white-desk.jpg

Funny, I don't recall saying that. I just addressed somobedoy that didn't like this thread and all the issues that have been brought up as a result. That, by the way, would include the issues you brought up.

Forum List

Back