[OFFICIAL SOFTWARE UPGRADE] Help and Bug Thread

What more important stuff do they have to do?

Work a day job to pay for all this so you don't have to
Clean up our messes
Take care of their own families

Among other things, I'm sure.

And before you whine about the ads paying for the site, those ads help, but I'll bet a paycheck that they don't cover the costs. Been there, done that.
Lol, they signed up for the job and now you say they have more important things to do than their job. I bet you're a conservative.

No, that'd be a liberal tactic.... wait, nevermind. Liberals stay on welfare.

Their job isn't catering to whining pussies. If you're unhappy, shove off.
The only whining pussy I see here is you.

Oh look, a typical PeeWee retort

Sorry, but "I know you are, but what am I?" went out in the 90's.
you aren't worth a better effort.

Then don't bother hitting post, dipshit.
See ^ more whining. Thanks for proving my point.

Pee-wee-herman_custom-c34e2d494f0d8ad6bef8e0242a4de7cf6ce8254d-s6-c30.jpg

What more important stuff do they have to do?

Work a day job to pay for all this so you don't have to
Clean up our messes
Take care of their own families

Among other things, I'm sure.

And before you whine about the ads paying for the site, those ads help, but I'll bet a paycheck that they don't cover the costs. Been there, done that.
Lol, they signed up for the job and now you say they have more important things to do than their job. I bet you're a conservative.

No, that'd be a liberal tactic.... wait, nevermind. Liberals stay on welfare.

Their job isn't catering to whining pussies. If you're unhappy, shove off.
The only whining pussy I see here is you.

Oh look, a typical PeeWee retort

Sorry, but "I know you are, but what am I?" went out in the 90's.
you aren't worth a better effort.

Then don't bother hitting post, dipshit.
See ^ more whining. Thanks for proving my point.

Pee-wee-herman_custom-c34e2d494f0d8ad6bef8e0242a4de7cf6ce8254d-s6-c30.jpg
You're a useful tool. :thup:

it might add credibility to show the names for choosing - Like Agree Disagree - at bottom of post instead of having to hit List where they are hidden ....

lol at 'his' - you aren't fooling anyone, toolio. ;)

At least I'm not being a whiny little bitch and popping off with old ass PeeWee Herman logic when I'm called out on it.

Defend that nonsense if you want to, it just speaks to your own character.

At least I'm not being a whiny little bitch and popping off with old ass PeeWee Herman logic when I'm called out on it.

And the whining continues. Tissue? Some posters have legitimate issues with the new software and that's why the thread was started. So you whining that people are having their say is stupid. If you don't want to read the thread, don't.

And the whining continues. Tissue? Some posters have legitimate issues with the new software and that's why the thread was started. So you whining that people are having their say is stupid. If you don't want to read the thread, don't.

hey rav, did you end up having to click the box to stay logged in?

fyi - that fixed it for me yesterday but today it wasn't necessary...

@cereal_killer

If you check my user agent you will see I am using Google Chrome on Chrome OS. Despite the fact that all scripts this site runs are currently enabled, I am still being taken to the first unread post when I click on the title of the thread. The little box next to the thread does the exact same things. that should prove to anyone who is halfway competent that it is not my settings that is causing the problem.

You are now free to address the issue rather than pretending that I am an idiot. If you still refuse to believe that I actually understand how things work, perhaps you should explain to Ravi how my browser settings are affecting her computer. That should be an interesting conversation for one of you.
When you click on a Title on a thread you haven't read it takes you to the OP. It works every time. After you read the thread and return it will take you to the first unread post. I can use any browser on any platform (mobile, tablet, PC, Mac) and it works. I told people if they lost functionality due to messing with their browser settings they were on their own.

It's working fast as can be from this end, and on all of my devices.

Seems to me the new format doesn't cache. Even just hitting Back doesn't seem to be coming from cache either. Just my subjective impression though. But it's definitely a lot slower than the previous verison.

One thing I've noticed that causes longer load times is when someone inserts images into a post, or their sig. When accessing those sites sometimes it'll hang adding time to the page load. Can overcome that by disabling images from all but usmb (so we can see our avatars.)

Got a page load time display? Pick a middle numbered page for this thread and see how long it takes to fully load it so you can type a reply. A good time for me is about 50s. But more typically it's laot longer than that.

Got a page load time display? Pick a middle numbered page for this thread and see how long it takes to fully load it so you can type a reply. A good time for me is about 50s. But more typically it's laot longer than that.

I'm not going to run around looking for load times that might not be as blisteringly fast as the site.

It all works fast and fine at my end.

You can run around looking for lags and then come back here and post them. Nothing makes my browsing experience wait longer than a half second to one second. Even in the largest (Coffee Shop) etc. threads.

@cereal_killer

If you check my user agent you will see I am using Google Chrome on Chrome OS. Despite the fact that all scripts this site runs are currently enabled, I am still being taken to the first unread post when I click on the title of the thread. The little box next to the thread does the exact same things. that should prove to anyone who is halfway competent that it is not my settings that is causing the problem.

You are now free to address the issue rather than pretending that I am an idiot. If you still refuse to believe that I actually understand how things work, perhaps you should explain to Ravi how my browser settings are affecting her computer. That should be an interesting conversation for one of you.
When you click on a Title on a thread you haven't read it takes you to the OP. It works every time. After you read the thread and return it will take you to the first unread post. I can use any browser on any platform (mobile, tablet, PC, Mac) and it works. I told people if they lost functionality due to messing with their browser settings they were on their own.
It works on newer threads but not older ones, apparently the threads started before the conversion were all marked as read.

50s? You on DSL or something? Thats horrendous. Sounds like you're experiencing packet loss

Is DSL. But it worked fine prior to the upgrade. 10s maybe.

Willing to believe though my 14 year rig is just showing it's age. :) p2 400 prolly has its share of the blame not being able to handle modern code.

Forum List

Back