Official USMB Mafia Game #2: Enter the Godfather

For those wondering why scum haven't gone after Mertex, maybe it's because it would make it obvious who they were. I know I have limited experience playing scum, but we shied away from killing certain people because we were the ones that were pushing hard at them during the day. So who's been pushing Mebelle lately?

:doubt:

Darn it, I meant BeBelle in post 2919. Sorry Mertex.

Ok. I think maybe I was paranoid, now I get it and think maybe the second "we" was just a slip.

That would be me, the "Doc" Mebelle surviving two nights now is incredible. The first night I could loosely understand. Not twice

Okay, now I'm totally confused. Shaitra, would you repeat your post 2919 again and this time get the names right?

I'm not sure where you meant to say MeBelle and where you meant to say Mertex. I know I went after MeBelle, but I'm sure not scum.

And R.D., are you saying that for sure MeBelle is not the Doc? Inquiring minds want to know....

I'm taking the advice given and going at things backwards. I suspect everyone :badgrin:

Either Luissa,Mertex, tn, or Shaitra are scum blocker/Godfather in that order of my suspicions

---Luissa is defensive and accusatory, her posts are exactly what she claimes to be put off by and didnt vote for Rosie.
--- Mertex claims echo Wolfs, "kill me for town", but she also didnt vote Rosie
--- tn says very little, but dblack voted Rosie
--- Shaitra offers insights that seem very helpful to town. Voted Rosie, but late

Mebelle, Aye or Mani are Godfather or innocent

---I still see no reason to believe Mebelle is the Doc. She didnt vote for Rosie and her "confusion" is questionable.
--- Aye keeps bragging about wanting to be investigated knowing full well if she is GF it will do no good. Very aggressive. But she did vote for Rosie
--- Mani is all over the place, with reasoned arguments that completely contradict himself. Almost leading from behind. But he also voted for Rosie

There is no way the three of them are mafia. For two of them to be so bold is not believable for me. But for VT to be suckered in makes sense, again this goes back to my paranoia that Doc is not Mebelle.

Luissa, Aye, tn and Mebelle just don't seem to be trying to figure things out. Then again neither did SB :dunno:

I'm taking the advice given and going at things backwards. I suspect everyone :badgrin:

Either Luissa,Mertex, tn, or Shaitra are scum blocker/Godfather in that order of my suspicions

---Luissa is defensive and accusatory, her posts are exactly what she claimes to be put off by and didnt vote for Rosie.
--- Shaitra offers insights that seem very helpful to town. Voted Rosie, but late

---I still see no reason to believe Mebelle is the Doc. She didnt vote for Rosie and her "confusion" is questionable.
--- Aye keeps bragging about wanting to be investigated knowing full well if she is GF it will do no good. Very aggressive. But she did vote for Rosie
--- Mani is all over the place, with reasoned arguments that completely contradict himself. Almost leading from behind. But he also voted for Rosie

There is no way the three of them are mafia. For two of them to be so bold is not believable for me. But for VT to be suckered in makes sense, again this goes back to my paranoia that Doc is not Mebelle.

Luissa, Aye, tn and Mebelle just don't seem to be trying to figure things out. Then again neither did SB :dunno:

The reason I didn't vote for Rosie is because from the very start, when I suspected that Avatar was Scum, SB, WS and Aye went after Rosie. I happened to believe that Rosie was Town at that time. After we lynched Avatar, SB, WS and Aye, immediately went after Rosie, further cementing my belief that they were working together and were Scum and wanted to get rid of Rosie, who I was sure was Town. Sure, I was wrong, but it was early in the game and most of us were guessing. There had been suggestions thrown out that SB, because she said something that suggested talking before game start, and also said "we," was Scum....so, yes, I didn't vote for Rosie but neither did you Luissa, MeBelle or Sameech.

It is obvious that some, Luissa, Aye, Tn and MeBelle are not really interested in trying to find out who is Scum, and probably the two of them (Scum) may be found within those 4...the other two are just not invested in the game enough to care and are just voting based on personal preference.

No arguements. I'm just trying to point things out.

Not voting for Rosie is a weak indicator imo, but one that keeps coming up so I addressed it. I'm the knucklehead that thought she might have been betrayed. I've messed up tons and with so few left who actually post its even harder.

Where have I bragged about wanting to be investigated?

This is what was actually said, and my response to it:

One thing that has been bothering me is Manifold's play on the previous day. We are getting close to deadline and he changes his vote to the person who still needed 2 votes to be lynched (Wolf) instead of lynching the other person (Aye). After he does that he THEN asks others why they think Aye is more suspect that Wolf.

As Mertex has already mentioned today, Manifold has been very quiet and flying under the radar. Sure he's thrown out some posts that looked helpful to finding scum, but I wonder if we look at them now we will see they really weren't helpful at all.

I also don't think he ever gave a reason why he thought Wolf was more scummy than Aye. That could mean that Aye is his partner. I have some investigating to do. ;)

Investigate all you want. :)

You'll find I'm a townie.

Since when have I not tried to figure out who is scum? I've been posting since the beginning of this game, giving my thoughts on who is town and who isn't. How is that not trying to figure things out?

For those wondering why scum haven't gone after Mertex, maybe it's because it would make it obvious who they were. I know I have limited experience playing scum, but we shied away from killing certain people because we were the ones that were pushing hard at them during the day. So who's been pushing Mebelle lately?

For those wondering why scum haven't gone after Mebelle, maybe it's because it would make it obvious who they were. I know I have limited experience playing scum, but we (Avatar and I) shied away from killing certain people because we (Avatar and I) were the ones that were pushing hard at them during the day. So who's been pushing Mebelle lately?

I added the paranthesis to make the "we" more clear. I am not stating that the scum are looking at things that way, but I know it is something Avatar and I thought about. As scum, I also didn't want to kill off someone who had suspected me during the day either.

For those wondering why scum haven't gone after Mebelle, maybe it's because it would make it obvious who they were. I know I have limited experience playing scum, but we (Avatar and I) shied away from killing certain people because we (Avatar and I) were the ones that were pushing hard at them during the day. So who's been pushing Mebelle lately?

As scum you shied away from who you were pushing? Not who was pushing for you?

That doesn't make sense to me. This sounds like you're pointing the finger at me and Mertex. If so you are 100% wrong about me, which makes me think you're wrong about Mertex too.

I added the paranthesis to make the "we" more clear. I am not stating that the scum are looking at things that way, but I know it is something Avatar and I thought about. As scum, I also didn't want to kill off someone who had suspected me during the day either.

That makes sense, but I don't really see anybody pushing her, at least not anymore. R.D. still harbors suspicions about MeBelle, but even she isn't pushing hard.

It's also possible that bones PM'd protection for MeBelle prior to her banning, and that's why MeBelle is still alive. She believed wholeheartedly that MeBelle is the doc so it's not like she'd have to give it a lot of thought.

We shied away from both situations. If I'm scum and I'm trying to get Joe Blow lynched, but it doesn't happen, then Joe Blow gets killed that night, who's the first person you are going to look for?

Conversely, if Sally Sue is trying to get me lynched, but she is not successful, and then she gets killed that night, again who will you look at first?

And I am not blaming or pointing the finger at anyone. I'm just trying to provide some insight to things that go through your mind when you are playing scum.

We shied away from both situations. If I'm scum and I'm trying to get Joe Blow lynched, but it doesn't happen, then Joe Blow gets killed that night, who's the first person you are going to look for?

Conversely, if Sally Sue is trying to get me lynched, but she is not successful, and then she gets killed that night, again who will you look at first?

And I am not blaming or pointing the finger at anyone. I'm just trying to provide some insight to things that go through your mind when you are playing scum.

I can clearly not drink the wine that is in front of me. :)

That makes sense, but I don't really see anybody pushing her, at least not anymore. R.D. still harbors suspicions about MeBelle, but even she isn't pushing hard.

It's also possible that bones PM'd protection for MeBelle prior to her banning, and that's why MeBelle is still alive. She believed wholeheartedly that MeBelle is the doc so it's not like she'd have to give it a lot of thought.

I'm not sure if that makes sense. I thought night actions were only supposed to happen at night. So for bones to have PM'ed Wake during the day about who she wanted to protect, it should not have been a valid request. Before I ask for a clarification from Wake, is this what you are stating Manifold? That you think bones put in her night action before the day was through?

I'm not sure if that makes sense. I thought night actions were only supposed to happen at night. So for bones to have PM'ed Wake during the day about who she wanted to protect, it should not have been a valid request. Before I ask for a clarification from Wake, is this what you are stating Manifold? That you think bones put in her night action before the day was through?

I think it's possible. And it would make sense that she protected MeBelle if she did.

Bones ban was self-inflicted, so if it's acceptable gameplay, it wouldn't surprise me if she sent her move in before she fell on her sword.

I think it's possible. And it would make sense that she protected MeBelle if she did.

Bones ban was self-inflicted, so if it's acceptable gameplay, it wouldn't surprise me if she sent her move in before she fell on her sword.

We'll never know. But if true Mebelle got a PR killed :mad:

I saw what Grandma posted in the discussion thread. I can understand why she did what she did. But I'm not sure I agree with someone submitting actions early because they know they are going to get banned.

I wondered about the way Bones death scene was written, especially when it was revealed that she was the body guard. Why would 2 scum show up at her death? Only one scum can carry out the night kill.

Unofficial Vote Count:

Not Voting: Manifold

Luissa: Shaitra, Mertex, RD,

Mertex: me, Luissa, TN, MeBelle

Forum List

Back