Official USMB Mafia Game #2: Enter the Godfather

I've told you guys my reasoning for Rosie at the moment. Anyone got a reason why I shouldn't vote for her and instead vote for someone else? Im all ears. I want to vote for the scum. Persuade me if you think she isn't. And if she is, then why not join the vote?

Yeah, I hear you. And both that, and SB's slip could mean something. My first read was that what she said, while somewhat confusing, was just a suggestion that we should keep the scum guessing as to our roles. She threw 'bulletproof' in there as an example of what her role could be - without considering it wasn't actually an assigned role in this iterationj.

That's just one possibility. It's also possible you're exactly right, and that's why she's on my list. I could vote for anyone in my FOS list at this point. None of them are sure bets, but it's getting hard to wade through all the paranoia and defensiveness.

Ok... read list time:

Probably Town: no reason for suspicion
Grandma
Wolfsister77
CafeAuLait
Mebelle60

Neutral: vaguely shifty, but everybody is worried about getting lynched.
Shaitra
Mertex
RD
Ropey

Got me wondering:
Strollingbones (the 'we' gaff may have just been a mistake, or a telling slip)
Rosie (likewise with the roles mixup)
manifold - seems to be siding with Avi and SB, but that could be paranoia.. if they join avi in voting for Rosie, or likewise Avi joins them in voting for Ropey, my 'wondering' might get louder.
Avatar - this was my first vote and I've seen no reason to swap, but I'm by no means sure. He sings like a townie. But then, he does do that. ;)
AyeCantSeeYou - not sure what the self-voting business was all about.

Probably Scum:
no one qualifies yet.

CafeAuLait is no longer in the game....Luissa replaced her, and I agree, she sounds townie to me too.

[MENTION=44124]Wake[/MENTION]
I am voting for Avatar.
Vote: Avatar4321

Do we only vote for one person?

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
Five votes for unpopular Avatar and he is the only one to vote to lynch me, popular Rosie -and demand others hop on his bandwagon.

If that isn't diversion away from Scum, I dunno what is.

If you do not feel manipulated by Avatar, you sure the heck ought to. What IS this, High School all over again?

In other news, Bones is the Dietician and Aye is the Janitor -to add to Avatar's Teacher and my Jimmy John's Driver roles.

Who else we got out there?

Regards from Rosie

I am voting for Avatar.

Thanked by Rat in the Hat

You may only vote for one person at a time. However, you may change your vote as many times as you wish before the final vote is cast. Voting for someone you find most suspicious is how Mafia is normally played. However, casting a vote on someone may also be used as a bluff, to psych out and make your target nervous under pressure, to get him or her talking more. It also stimulates discussion which can then be sifted through for slips, tells, and other information for analysis on one's alignment. :badgrin:

I am voting for Avatar.

You can always change your vote before the final hammer vote is cast. But only one vote per round will count, your final vote

Make it read..vote= ---- to be counted, I know you can't bold but vote= will make it clearer for Wake I think

Luissa-You can vote in the thread. Just bold it if you want it to count.

I can't bold on the app. :(

Can I just post "bold" before my vote?

Do you have to use the app? You could try it on the webpage. Make sure you read the first few posts Wake put up on how to get votes posted as well.

I can on my phone, but it is a bitch. I will figure something out so it easier for everyone. I never use my lap top anymore.

I am voting for Avatar.

You can always change your vote before the final hammer vote is cast. But only one vote per round will count, your final vote

Make it read..vote= ---- to be counted, I know you can't bold but vote= will make it clearer for Wake I think

Thanks, I will edit.

I am voting for Avatar.

You may only vote for one person at a time. However, you may change your vote as many times as you wish before the final vote is cast. Voting for someone you find most suspicious is how Mafia is normally played. However, casting a vote on someone may also be used as a bluff, to psych out and make your target nervous under pressure, to get him or her talking more. It also stimulates discussion which can then be sifted through for slips, tells, and other information for analysis on one's alignment. :badgrin:

And we guess people's jobs?

I think I am going to hold off for a bit, and read thru the posts this afternoon while relaxing up at the lake this afternoon. I will attempt to get up to speed so I don't have to ask so many questions. lol

But as of right now my money is on Avatar or Bones. I think she made the intentional gaffe for a reason.

I am voting for Avatar.

And we guess people's jobs?

I think I am going to hold off for a bit, and read thru the posts this afternoon while relaxing up at the lake this afternoon. I will attempt to get up to speed so I don't have to ask so many questions. lol

But as of right now my money is on Avatar or Bones. I think she made the intentional gaffe for a reason.

Is it a gaffe jf it's intentional?

Five votes for unpopular Avatar and he is the only one to vote to lynch me, popular Rosie -and demand others hop on his bandwagon.

If that isn't diversion away from Scum, I dunno what is.

If you do not feel manipulated by Avatar, you sure the heck ought to. What IS this, High School all over again?

In other news, Bones is the Dietician and Aye is the Janitor -to add to Avatar's Teacher and my Jimmy John's Driver roles.

Who else we got out there?

Regards from Rosie

I'm not manipulating anyone. If I was would they be mobbing me?

The truth tends to be unpopular. Remember that all three remaining scum voted together in the first round last game. So where are th scum more likely to be, me alone or with the group with pitch forks?

I don't believe Avatar is scum. Just because he was in the last game does not mean he is in this one. He hasn't posted anything as of yet to make me believe he was given the same role again. To vote for him just because of his role in the last game is just stupid. It may make sense to some of you, but it doesn't to me. A couple of you (Mertex and Rosie) came out with guns blazing at him. That makes ME suspicious of YOU! Trying to confuse players with temp votes/pseudo votes is also highly suspicious when it keeps getting brought up day after day, time after time. Attacking people for not wanting to use that is also suspicious. Just because one person likes it (namely the one that brought it up in the first place - Mertex) doesn't mean everyone else will. Having a bitchy attitude in this game - the two named above - also makes you both highly suspicious. Give me a reason to not suspect either one of you, and you'll be off my list. Until then, you're both on it.

VOTE: RosieS

I don't believe Avatar is scum. Just because he was in the last game does not mean he is in this one. He hasn't posted anything as of yet to make me believe he was given the same role again. To vote for him just because of his role in the last game is just stupid. It may make sense to some of you, but it doesn't to me. A couple of you (Mertex and Rosie) came out with guns blazing at him. That makes ME suspicious of YOU! Trying to confuse players with temp votes/pseudo votes is also highly suspicious when it keeps getting brought up day after day, time after time. Attacking people for not wanting to use that is also suspicious. Just because one person likes it (namely the one that brought it up in the first place - Mertex) doesn't mean everyone else will. Having a bitchy attitude in this game - the two named above - also makes you both highly suspicious. Give me a reason to not suspect either one of you, and you'll be off my list. Until then, you're both on it.

VOTE: RosieS

Easy-peasy.

Just open up your eyes. My votes have been all over the place. If I were Mafia, I would know who to vote for. I don't.

And I am not Bossy like Godmothers would be.

You wanna know who is? You.

That is why I suspect you of being Scum.

You only reinforce it by being Bossy scummy. Thought so before and even more now.

You could not be more different than Wolfsister. She is innocent Town personified.

YOU sure ain't.

Better bitchy than Bossy Godmother any day.

You give me tons of reasons to bitch you out. Mertex don't.

So put the Bossy where the sun don't shine, Scum.

Regards from Rosie

I only have a minute but I gotta ask, why are you guys voting for Avatar? Do you realize he has 6 votes and how close that is to a lynch?

Mertex, R.D., dblack, Grandma, RosieS, and Luissa

RosieS, R.D., Mertex-you three are pushing the hardest. And are the most suspicious to me because of it.

Avatar is not scum. His posts scream town.

He's the biggest threat to scum IMO and therefore should not be lynched on the first day. He's a very good player. Suspect him or not, you have to admit that.

I realize if he goes down and is scum, I totally screwed myself. I also realize if he goes down and is the Godfather I might as well never play this game again, LOL.

I'm willing to take that chance.

Vote: RosieS

Forum List

Back