Official USMB Mafia Game #2: Enter the Godfather

My father gave me some good advice. One of the things he taught me was that the first people one meets in a new place are the first people one should watch for if anything untoward happens.

:D

Anyway, after reading your first post assuming a position if not role I wondered at the second one that said it would be good not to reveal our roles.

Yep, I wondered if a vanilla townie would do that and now I wonder if a vanilla townie would do it after being the scum in the other game and taking the guys to town.

Then I thought, that would take some serious coincidence for you to get the scum position but I've worked with probability before and at the weirdest time it can strike.

Still, the iron's rather cold. :)

FOS

Started off with a flawed goal (killing the mafia roleblocker, having the cop out him/herself), but called it a plan. A goal is the desired result. A plan is HOW that result is achieved. To date Avatar hasn't given any hints on how to find the mafia roleblocker. Further, what is the point in outing the cop? That's far more advantaegous to the scum than to the townies. And he questioned Rosie's reasoning for outing Ropey as potentially being the Bodyguard.

Lauded "gut feelings." Gut feelings are not better than logical conclusions.

He repeatedly says that he trusts Mani and Bones.

Everyone that voted against him he accuses of being scum. The only defense he offers is that they are scum and what about the children.

And on Rosie voting for Bones:
She was pushing hard for me like this last game. It's why we lynched her second round. Turns out she was right.

vote: Avatar4321. Still.

Strollingbones

Has made countless posts defending Avatar. Has made zero posts defending anyone else.

"We."

So Avi and Bones stand out as scum to me.

Suspicious

AyeCantSeeYou - Her posts really don't go anywhere. A little too defnsive of Avatar, but it could simply be that she believes him.

MeBelle60 - Fought against the temp votes.
Randomly threw out Mani's name to be the first kill "to get the party started."
Suggested that the Doctor could protect Mertex from a scum kill. (How does anyone know who the scum's going to kill?)

Ropey - He's just not saying enough.

Rosie - Not saying enough, but going way out of her way to say she's a Townie.

Probable Townies

dblack - Wants to proceed slowly and gather as much information as possible

Manifold - Seems to be playing pretty much as he did the last game, hasn't said anything incriminating.

Mertex - Wants everyone to have plenty of time to change their votes (anti-hammer). Regrets not paying more attention to Rosie in the last game.

RD - Thoughtful posts that can't help the scum but can help the town.

Shaitra - Picking up on clues. Not being scummy.

Wolfsister - Thinking thiings through and coming to reasonable conclusions.

Luissa/Cafe - Both seem confused and not very helpful, too ineffective to be scum

Me - Well, duh.

What MeBelle really said:

I don't understand why you find the Temp Vote so confusing...it was intended to help Townies come together on who they want to lynch instead of having everyone throwing out different names. By making them "temp" votes, Wake can't run with a lynch until they become hard votes, it was just a way of trying to get a consensus.

The last time, we were making hard votes and then if we had to be away from the Forum, others made hard votes that amounted to a majority and Wake was able to close the thread and do a lynch. I came back with the intention of switching my vote after thinking it over and reading over some of the posts made while I was gone, only to find out it was too late and Wake had already lynched another Townie.

Maybe as this game progresses you will see what I mean and understand that it isn't intended to confuse. The only ones pushing for a quick vote was Avatar, which made me suspicious of him.

MeBelle also cast a hard vote right out of nowhere, which also smells of scum. I may be wrong, but we'll find out after the first lynching.
I gave a reason for my vote.

If Avatar and MeBelle make it through the first lynch and I'm killed that night, you'll see that I was right.

That makes no sense.
If you're a Townie the Doc could put in a good word for you.

So what if we have to be away from the computer?
It's part of the game.

Why should a soft vote hold up the game?
It reminds me of BlackFlag, from Mafia #1, who didn't post after his first few posts. He held up the game while Wake prodded him.

:D It's about the votes, not the scum [MENTION=34688]Grandma[/MENTION]

Last edited:
FOS

Started off with a flawed goal (killing the mafia roleblocker, having the cop out him/herself), but called it a plan. A goal is the desired result. A plan is HOW that result is achieved. To date Avatar hasn't given any hints on how to find the mafia roleblocker. Further, what is the point in outing the cop? That's far more advantaegous to the scum than to the townies. And he questioned Rosie's reasoning for outing Ropey as potentially being the Bodyguard.

Lauded "gut feelings." Gut feelings are not better than logical conclusions.

He repeatedly says that he trusts Mani and Bones.

Everyone that voted against him he accuses of being scum. The only defense he offers is that they are scum and what about the children.

And on Rosie voting for Bones:
She was pushing hard for me like this last game. It's why we lynched her second round. Turns out she was right.

vote: Avatar4321. Still.

Strollingbones

Has made countless posts defending Avatar. Has made zero posts defending anyone else.

"We."

So Avi and Bones stand out as scum to me.

Suspicious

AyeCantSeeYou - Her posts really don't go anywhere. A little too defnsive of Avatar, but it could simply be that she believes him.

MeBelle60 - Fought against the temp votes.
Randomly threw out Mani's name to be the first kill "to get the party started."
Suggested that the Doctor could protect Mertex from a scum kill. (How does anyone know who the scum's going to kill?)

Ropey - He's just not saying enough.

Rosie - Not saying enough, but going way out of her way to say she's a Townie.

Probable Townies

dblack - Wants to proceed slowly and gather as much information as possible

Manifold - Seems to be playing pretty much as he did the last game, hasn't said anything incriminating.

Mertex - Wants everyone to have plenty of time to change their votes (anti-hammer). Regrets not paying more attention to Rosie in the last game.

RD - Thoughtful posts that can't help the scum but can help the town.

Shaitra - Picking up on clues. Not being scummy.

Wolfsister - Thinking thiings through and coming to reasonable conclusions.

Luissa/Cafe - Both seem confused and not very helpful, too ineffective to be scum

Me - Well, duh.

What MeBelle really said:

I don't understand why you find the Temp Vote so confusing...it was intended to help Townies come together on who they want to lynch instead of having everyone throwing out different names. By making them "temp" votes, Wake can't run with a lynch until they become hard votes, it was just a way of trying to get a consensus.

The last time, we were making hard votes and then if we had to be away from the Forum, others made hard votes that amounted to a majority and Wake was able to close the thread and do a lynch. I came back with the intention of switching my vote after thinking it over and reading over some of the posts made while I was gone, only to find out it was too late and Wake had already lynched another Townie.

Maybe as this game progresses you will see what I mean and understand that it isn't intended to confuse. The only ones pushing for a quick vote was Avatar, which made me suspicious of him.

I gave a reason for my vote.

If Avatar and MeBelle make it through the first lynch and I'm killed that night, you'll see that I was right.

That makes no sense.
If you're a Townie the Doc could put in a good word for you.

So what if we have to be away from the computer?
It's part of the game.

Why should a soft vote hold up the game?
It reminds me of BlackFlag, from Mafia #1, who didn't post after his first few posts. He held up the game while Wake prodded him.

:D It's about the votes, not the scum [MENTION=34688]Grandma[/MENTION]

Oh, I see. I thought you meant the Doc would protect her during the night.

Got it.

for the children for the shake of the kids...damn it avatar are you the community organizer?

he is not scum.....a vote for avatar is letting he scum kill off the townies.....

I've been very clear who my top choices for the scum are. And coincidentally they all voted for me. Why do you think that is?

Actually, you decided who was scum based on their voting you first. No coincidence.
I could be wrong. But I did have 6 votes. If the scum wasn't already voting for me, I'd be dead already.
You sure could be. Not sure this even makes sense. If scum is protecting you those six are town.
If you are going to vote for me. I understand. But don't be surprised if the scum win this game. That's what happens when you vote for the wrong people.

This is just the first vote, not a game ender for the town no matter how you thick you lay it on. It could cripple scum on the other hand :)

I've been very clear who my top choices for the scum are. And coincidentally they all voted for me. Why do you think that is?

Actually, you decided who was scum based on their voting you first. No coincidence.
I could be wrong. But I did have 6 votes. If the scum wasn't already voting for me, I'd be dead already.
You sure could be. Not sure this even makes sense. If scum is protecting you those six are town.
If you are going to vote for me. I understand. But don't be surprised if the scum win this game. That's what happens when you vote for the wrong people.

This is just the first vote, not a game ender for the town no matter how you thick you lay it on. It could cripple scum on the other hand :)

Except i voted for you and pointed my suspicion towards the other before you cast the first vote.

The only way lynching me is going to cripple the scum is by verifying what I am saying that you guys are the scum.

Except i voted for you and pointed my suspicion towards the other before you cast the first vote.

The only way lynching me is going to cripple the scum is by verifying what I am saying that you guys are the scum.

True, but I'm one of six you keep calling scum. We can't all be scum.

You, and others were pointing out suspicions, it's the way to finger real suspects. I accused you based on your inconsistent statements. Not because your gut was me, - un vote me, is me....

You, and others were pointing out suspicions, it's the way to finger real suspects. I accused you based on your inconsistent statements. Not because your gut was me, - un vote me, is me....

Didnt claim you were all scum. But i gave my reasoning for putting you in my top four choices. I wasn't suspecting dblack that much and he voted for me.

Point is I had six votes and I am not scum. So if the scum weren't voting for me already, they could have easily taken me out. They didn't. That tells me they couldn't. Because if I were the scum, I'd want an innocent like me taken out so they can start the night killing.

Didnt claim you were all scum. But i gave my reasoning for putting you in my top four choices. I wasn't suspecting dblack that much and he voted for me.

Point is I had six votes and I am not scum. So if the scum weren't voting for me already, they could have easily taken me out. They didn't. That tells me they couldn't. Because if I were the scum, I'd want an innocent like me taken out so they can start the night killing.

Hmm... if townies are voting for townies, scum has no incentive to chip in. It just lines them up for looking guilty later. They'd be smarter to sit back and let us paranoid ourselves to death.

Odds are, the people who've been voting for you are mostly townies. That also matches with my general read on those who voted for you. And that raises the opposite question - if you're the townie you say, why aren't the scum piling on?

I dunno, Avi. You've got me re-considering, but this argument isn't compelling. It's neutral for your case at best. And if not, somewhat damning. I look for stalls like this as an indication that we're on the right track. The hammers come when a townie is getting lynched.

Hmm... if townies are voting for townies, scum has no incentive to chip in. It just lines them up for looking guilty later. They'd be smarter to sit back and let us paranoid ourselves to death.

Odds are, the people who've been voting for you are mostly townies. That also matches with my general read on those who voted for you. And that raises the opposite question - if you're the townie you say, why aren't the scum piling on?

I dunno, Avi. You've got me re-considering, but this argument isn't compelling. It's neutral for your case at best. And if not, somewhat damning. I look for stalls like this as an indication that we're on the right track. The hammers come when a townie is getting lynched.

If I look guilty pull the hammer. You'll see that I've died an innocent man and been killed I. Cold blood.

Vote Count 1.9​
“Fear is an insidious and deadly thing. It can warp judgment, freeze reflexes, breed mistakes.
Worse, it's contagious.”

Not Voting (3): Ropey, Mebelle60, dblack

Avatar4321 (5): Mertex, R.D., Grandma, RosieS, Luissa,
RosieS (4): Avatar4321, AyeCantSeeYou, Wolfsister77, strollingbones
Ropey (1): manifold
R.D. (1): Shaitra

~ With 14 players, it takes 8 to lynch!
~ Deadline is 5/28/14, @ 10pm central time zone.

Of all those voting for Avatar, Grandma give me the most pause, dblack did too when he did it-I believe those two are town at the moment because they've both been very well though out and logical and careful in what they say.

I changed my mind on R.D. and think she's town. My reasoning might actually help scum so I won't say why right now.

I have no real good reason to suspect Mertex. I think most of her posts have been trying to be helpful with the voting and laying out her case for her pick.

Shaitra, mebelle, Luissa-neutral at the moment

Ropey and manifold-not sure but no reasons to suspect and they are leaning town for me right now

ACSY, SB, RosieS-I'm suspicious of SB because of the we comment. ACSY for some reason was really bugging me in this game-it is nothing personal but I don't usually snap at people and I am wondering if it is her or the game-LOL. I do not like her voting for herself or saying to lynch her-I'd rather she fought to win. So suspicious.

RosieS-my vote is on her and my reasons for it are that she either gave away her position way too early in the game without a good reason for doing so-it doesn't help town. My other reason is her very aggressive going after all who accuse her-being defensive is not a give away but being super aggressive is not something that seems town to me, I could be wrong-I'm not sure how the game is played and maybe this is good strategy to be aggressive but I have to go with something. I very much appreciate that she accurately called me as town. Scum wouldn't call a townie town. So that gives me pause. I could switch my vote.

But for now, I'll keep it.

Don't forget the deadline. Wed. 10 p.m. I really, really, really, really do not want a no-lynch. I consider that worse than lynching the wrong person because we won't get any closer to catching scum and they get one up on us by getting a free night kill. So if it comes to that, I'll hammer someone before the deadline if we are close.

I forgot Avatar above-I have always believed him to be town. I believe if he's town, keeping him around will be beneficial to town because he's a good player. I do not support lynching him on the first day.

Now, good townies being convinced he's scum make me wonder if I'm missing something. Therefore, I will re-look at his posts again and re-evaluate.

A couple of ya'll have wondered why I voted for myself; it's really simple. There were a few that said they suspected me. I replied by telling them that if they suspect me, then to lynch me. Not one changed their vote to me. At that point, I went ahead and voted for myself. Sometimes, it's easier for people to vote for another if there's a vote already in. I figured that if they really suspected me, they would have jumped at the chance to add votes, bringing me closer to being lynched. As we all know by now, that did not happen. My offer of being lynched still stands - if you suspect me, then prove it by your vote. Nothing hard at all about that.

Of all those voting for Avatar, Grandma give me the most pause, dblack did too when he did it-I believe those two are town at the moment because they've both been very well though out and logical and careful in what they say.

I changed my mind on R.D. and think she's town. My reasoning might actually help scum so I won't say why right now.

I have no real good reason to suspect Mertex. I think most of her posts have been trying to be helpful with the voting and laying out her case for her pick.

Shaitra, mebelle, Luissa-neutral at the moment

Ropey and manifold-not sure but no reasons to suspect and they are leaning town for me right now

ACSY, SB, RosieS-I'm suspicious of SB because of the we comment. ACSY for some reason was really bugging me in this game-it is nothing personal but I don't usually snap at people and I am wondering if it is her or the game-LOL. I do not like her voting for herself or saying to lynch her-I'd rather she fought to win. So suspicious.

RosieS-my vote is on her and my reasons for it are that she either gave away her position way too early in the game without a good reason for doing so-it doesn't help town. My other reason is her very aggressive going after all who accuse her-being defensive is not a give away but being super aggressive is not something that seems town to me, I could be wrong-I'm not sure how the game is played and maybe this is good strategy to be aggressive but I have to go with something. I very much appreciate that she accurately called me as town. Scum wouldn't call a townie town. So that gives me pause. I could switch my vote.

But for now, I'll keep it.

Don't forget the deadline. Wed. 10 p.m. I really, really, really, really do not want a no-lynch. I consider that worse than lynching the wrong person because we won't get any closer to catching scum and they get one up on us by getting a free night kill. So if it comes to that, I'll hammer someone before the deadline if we are close.

False accusation about me, Wolfsister.

Very early in the last game I said the Town would be sorry if they lynched me.

They did not, but the Scum took me out. I was Town Cop.

Other than suggesting that the Doctor block for the Town Cop, Avatar is copying what I did.

Luissa was accused of not reading, falsely.

You did not even touch the beginnings of Game 1. Your ignorance shows. Not reading is true of you.

Call that aggressive - but you know it is the truth as to why you say I revealed too soon.

I did because that is how I roll, two out of two times.

You only bothered to read the second time. Thus falsely accusing me.

I am VERY aggro concerning Aye, who called me and Mertex bitches first (and only). Miss Bossy is scum and needs lynching right after Avatar.

And Aye says I do not defend myself. She is still Boss Bossy regardless. Lol

Regards from Rosie

Forum List

Back