Official USMB Mafia Game #2: Enter the Godfather

We can only lynch one at a time. We suspect Avatar, too, so why do you care so much about Avatar?

I simply quoted an earlier post of Luissa's where she said she would be reading posts and catching up later. Considering she didn't know how to place a vote, it was pretty easy to assume she hadn't read the beginning of this thread. If she had, she would have known how to put a vote in, right? So, how is that defending someone? Paranoid much?
No, not necessarily. People read stuff and can't remember everything they read. There are others that are still doing it different than they were told. And all that you posted in defense of Avatar, when if you are a Townie, you wouldn't know what his role is, does sound like you are defending him. Of course, if you are Mafia, you would know he was Mafia and you would want to defend him. Most of us are defending ourselves, but you are giving yourself away too much by defending him.

First off, I'm not mafia, and those who are know that. Maybe you are one, maybe you aren't. Second, I don't know what anyone else's role is. If I did, why would I post as much as I have? I'd be lying low, watching everyone else point fingers instead of being out in the open. Townies have nothing to hide, but scum do. Like I said earlier, go ahead and lynch me; you have nothing to lose, but you already know that.

Five votes for unpopular Avatar and he is the only one to vote to lynch me, popular Rosie -and demand others hop on his bandwagon.

If that isn't diversion away from Scum, I dunno what is.

If you do not feel manipulated by Avatar, you sure the heck ought to. What IS this, High School all over again?

In other news, Bones is the Dietician and Aye is the Janitor -to add to Avatar's Teacher and my Jimmy John's Driver roles.

Who else we got out there?

Regards from Rosie

I'm not manipulating anyone. If I was would they be mobbing me?

The truth tends to be unpopular. Remember that all three remaining scum voted together in the first round last game. So where are th scum more likely to be, me alone or with the group with pitch forks?

All three scum voting together meant nothing in the last game. Moon outed himself, Syrenn would have stood out like a sore thumb if she didn't vote for him. The other two scum were on a different team, they didn't care who got killed as long as they survived.

You've completely missed my point. What are the odds that any lynch happens without them being in on it? Pretty slim. Especially when lynching an innocent like me.

And we guess people's jobs?

I think I am going to hold off for a bit, and read thru the posts this afternoon while relaxing up at the lake this afternoon. I will attempt to get up to speed so I don't have to ask so many questions. lol

But as of right now my money is on Avatar or Bones. I think she made the intentional gaffe for a reason.

Her fast vote makes me uneasy as well.

Not like what I say matters, but it sounds to me as though Luissa hasn't had time or taken time to read through the posts. She didn't even know how to put a vote in. That's something Wake put in his 2nd post.

Sounds to me you're working double time to protect your Godfather, no?

So not only did I somehow manage to be scum two games running, I managed to become the godfather too?

Was i manipulating the random drawing somehow?

You guys are seriously paranoid.

You do realize that if you succeed at getting me lynched you guys are leading suspects tomorrow, right?

That has a great deal to do with the fact that they suspected you and said why before you indicated any suspicion of them.

This "for the children" crap is a red herring covered in bullshit. Everyone from the town mayor to the village idiot would care about children.

And yet you want to deprive them of a decent education. Seems scummy to me

If the teacher's a criminal, he needs to be replaced, no?

Like you have any intention of us townies surviving.

Yet again Aye does not miss a chance to defend Avatar.

What, are they joined at the hip?

Telling everyone that Luissa did not take time to read posts.....again with the Bossy! There is my double dawg dare in action.

This more than reeks of team; these two are rank, raunchy Scum.

Good eye, Luissa!

Regards from Rosie

If ya'll suspect me, then lynch me. Easy as that!
We can only lynch one at a time. We suspect Avatar, too, so why do you care so much about Avatar?

I simply quoted an earlier post of Luissa's where she said she would be reading posts and catching up later. Considering she didn't know how to place a vote, it was pretty easy to assume she hadn't read the beginning of this thread. If she had, she would have known how to put a vote in, right? So, how is that defending someone? Paranoid much?
No, not necessarily. People read stuff and can't remember everything they read. There are others that are still doing it different than they were told. And all that you posted in defense of Avatar, when if you are a Townie, you wouldn't know what his role is, does sound like you are defending him. Of course, if you are Mafia, you would know he was Mafia and you would want to defend him. Most of us are defending ourselves, but you are giving yourself away too much by defending him.

Because he/she isn't paranoid and is actually following the discussion.

FOS

Started off with a flawed goal (killing the mafia roleblocker, having the cop out him/herself), but called it a plan. A goal is the desired result. A plan is HOW that result is achieved. To date Avatar hasn't given any hints on how to find the mafia roleblocker. Further, what is the point in outing the cop? That's far more advantaegous to the scum than to the townies. And he questioned Rosie's reasoning for outing Ropey as potentially being the Bodyguard.

Lauded "gut feelings." Gut feelings are not better than logical conclusions.

He repeatedly says that he trusts Mani and Bones.

Everyone that voted against him he accuses of being scum. The only defense he offers is that they are scum and what about the children.

And on Rosie voting for Bones:
She was pushing hard for me like this last game. It's why we lynched her second round. Turns out she was right.

vote: Avatar4321. Still.

Strollingbones

Has made countless posts defending Avatar. Has made zero posts defending anyone else.

"We."

So Avi and Bones stand out as scum to me.

Suspicious

AyeCantSeeYou - Her posts really don't go anywhere. A little too defnsive of Avatar, but it could simply be that she believes him.

MeBelle60 - Fought against the temp votes.
Randomly threw out Mani's name to be the first kill "to get the party started."
Suggested that the Doctor could protect Mertex from a scum kill. (How does anyone know who the scum's going to kill?)

Ropey - He's just not saying enough.

Rosie - Not saying enough, but going way out of her way to say she's a Townie.

Probable Townies

dblack - Wants to proceed slowly and gather as much information as possible

Manifold - Seems to be playing pretty much as he did the last game, hasn't said anything incriminating.

Mertex - Wants everyone to have plenty of time to change their votes (anti-hammer). Regrets not paying more attention to Rosie in the last game.

RD - Thoughtful posts that can't help the scum but can help the town.

Shaitra - Picking up on clues. Not being scummy.

Wolfsister - Thinking thiings through and coming to reasonable conclusions.

Luissa/Cafe - Both seem confused and not very helpful, too ineffective to be scum

Me - Well, duh.

I'm not manipulating anyone. If I was would they be mobbing me?

The truth tends to be unpopular. Remember that all three remaining scum voted together in the first round last game. So where are th scum more likely to be, me alone or with the group with pitch forks?

All three scum voting together meant nothing in the last game. Moon outed himself, Syrenn would have stood out like a sore thumb if she didn't vote for him. The other two scum were on a different team, they didn't care who got killed as long as they survived.

You've completely missed my point. What are the odds that any lynch happens without them being in on it? Pretty slim. Especially when lynching an innocent like me.

The odds could be 100% Mafia knows who the townies are. If mafia sees that most of the townies are targeting one of their own then the smart move would be to let them be the ones to lynch that townie. Meanwhile the scum could vote for other townies they'd like to see lynched.

Not like what I say matters, but it sounds to me as though Luissa hasn't had time or taken time to read through the posts. She didn't even know how to put a vote in. That's something Wake put in his 2nd post.

So not only did I somehow manage to be scum two games running, I managed to become the godfather too?

You do realize that if you succeed at getting me lynched you guys are leading suspects tomorrow, right?

If you get lynched and we're wrong then we deserve it. I'm betting that we're right.

If you get lynched and we're wrong then we deserve it. I'm betting that we're right.

You lose.

And yet you want to deprive them of a decent education. Seems scummy to me

For some reason that doesn't sit well with me. It's almost as though you're protesting being a townie but townies are supposed to be paranoid because the scum are making them paranoid.

Continuing to add the sake of the kids? That's sure seems like an emotional straw man intended to create emotions and paranoia.

My vote is becoming clearer.

For some reason that doesn't sit well with me. It's almost as though you're protesting being a townie but townies are supposed to be paranoid because the scum are making them paranoid.

Continuing to add the sake of the kids? That's sure seems like an emotional straw man intended to create emotions and paranoia.

I've been very clear who my top choices for the scum are. And coincidentally they all voted for me. Why do you think that is?

I could be wrong. But I did have 6 votes. If the scum wasn't already voting for me, I'd be dead already.

If you are going to vote for me. I understand. But don't be surprised if the scum win this game. That's what happens when you vote for the wrong people.

I've been very clear who my top choices for the scum are. And coincidentally they all voted for me. Why do you think that is?

I could be wrong. But I did have 6 votes. If the scum wasn't already voting for me, I'd be dead already.

If you are going to vote for me. I understand. But don't be surprised if the scum win this game. That's what happens when you vote for the wrong people.

I never said I'm going to vote for you. I gave my thoughts, asked you a question and said that my choices are becoming more isolated.

That choice may be away from you. You may just be someone who loves the drama and limelight and this will take over regardless of your Mafia role.

I shared my viewpoints and then I'm getting mobbed. I don't see how that's loving drama.

I'm for open sharing of information. I opposed complicating the game more than it needs to. I suggested strategy we might be able to use to catch the scum. And I've given my reasons for thinking R.D. Rosie, Mertex, and Grandma are my top 4.

If you don't think they are, give me someone else. I've asked for others to provide me with better choices. I haven't been pushing hard for Rosie. I have been defending myself hard against her and the others. The hardest I've pushed for Rosie is asking others if they can't tell me why she isn't scum why not?

At this point, the scum could be anyone. I've given my reasons. I know it's not me. It seems logical that they would be trying to take me out considering everything. And I think it's even more reasonable that since i had six votes that more than two of them were already voting for me or I'd be dead already.

I get it. People don't trust me. But that doesn't mean I am lying. But those accusing me have said multiple times that I've been trying to rush a vote when I haven't. If I am the villain they make me out to be, why do they need to lie about what I've said?

I shared my viewpoints and then I'm getting mobbed. I don't see how that's loving drama.

I'm for open sharing of information. I opposed complicating the game more than it needs to. I suggested strategy we might be able to use to catch the scum. And I've given my reasons for thinking R.D. Rosie, Mertex, and Grandma are my top 4.

If you don't think they are, give me someone else. I've asked for others to provide me with better choices. I haven't been pushing hard for Rosie. I have been defending myself hard against her and the others. The hardest I've pushed for Rosie is asking others if they can't tell me why she isn't scum why not?

At this point, the scum could be anyone. I've given my reasons. I know it's not me. It seems logical that they would be trying to take me out considering everything. And I think it's even more reasonable that since i had six votes that more than two of them were already voting for me or I'd be dead already.

I get it. People don't trust me. But that doesn't mean I am lying. But those accusing me have said multiple times that I've been trying to rush a vote when I haven't. If I am the villain they make me out to be, why do they need to lie about what I've said?

Or, it could be the other two "scum" are voting for others and at the same time trying to defend you. It is more suspicious to think that the reason you haven't received 3 more votes is because two others that are scum, are surely not going to vote for you. Usually Scum comes in for the kill when they only need a few votes....but here you sit with 6 votes and nothing....hmmm.

Last edited:

Or, it could be the other two "scum" are voting for others and at the same time trying to defend you. It is more suspicious to think that the reason you haven't received 3 more votes is because two others that are scum, are surely not going to vote for you. Usually Scum comes in for the kill when they only need a few votes....but here you sit with 6 votes and nothing....hmmm.

You're theory might work if I was scum, but I'm not. But it's a very convenient theory to deflect from your suspicion.

It's not about trusting you in my view. I just don't think you're acting very vanilla townie.

It's not about trusting you in my view. I just don't think you're acting very vanilla townie.

Trying to catch the scum isn't townie? Am I supposed to just sit back and let them lead a lynch mob after me without a fight?

Forum List

Back