Official USMB Mafia Game #2: Enter the Godfather

the is three votes for rosie...me, aye, and wolf...we need 4 more....

come on people...think about and go with our first instinct....just like multiple choice tests

we have already seen what taking 55 pages results in

Why are you in such a hurry? I didn't see Wolf's vote. Did I miss a post?

FWIW, you can add my vote as well - Rosie is at the top of my list - but it's been stated a thousand times, rushing to lynch almost always works in the interest of the scum. Pushing us to vote fast and hard for her is exactly what they'd do if she was also town, eh?

Anyway, the more subtle matter is trying to figure out what happened last 'night'. The doc and the jailer have some interesting information. As well as the cop. We need to start piecing things together.

It stands to reason that what has already been said can't be unsaid.

There's no need to interrogate rosie at this point.

i give up....i simply give up

okay lets consider this....wake replaced ropey....why not just kill ropey off....that kinda leads me to believe ropey may have been scum? wake why didnt you just let the ropey die instead of seeking a replacement? someone do that [MENTION=44124]Wake[/MENTION] shit...i hate that stuff....

so is that a clue or red herring....

but we do not need 55 pages of discussion for yall to fuck up again...i am sure you can do it in under 10 pages...but hey i am an optimist

I probably would find that suspicious as well if I were in your shoes, but it appears to have been a policy thing instead of a necessity. Why would I replace Ropey at the end of the night instead of the beginning if I were substitute scum? The answer to that is about the only objective evidence I can provide to you. It is metadata, but the conversation that occurred later yesterday in which I was asked to join I believe is publicly available.

we use it by voting out rosie.....

good gosh i am so tired of trying to lead a bunch of short bus riders.....

LOL... I just meant we shouldn't rush it. The more discussion, the more info we gather. Maybe we can 'interrogate' her.

And how do you suppose we're going to interrogate someone on here? When her name is mentioned, she goes on a rampage attacking that person. That doesn't speak well of anyone that wants to come off as being a townie. It raises suspicions and brings more attention to that person, which is something I don't believe townies would want. Townies have nothing to hide and shouldn't be paranoid; scum, on the other hand, have everything to hide, which would make any normal person paranoid/jumpy/irritable/etc.

To be fair, Rosie goes on the defense. SB just called us all stupid a couple times over. Tell me again who is scary??

Well, I agree with there being scum among those who voted for Avatar. He sat with a certain number of votes for a long time before Ropey and mebelle sealed the deal at the end. I imagine at least one of those sitting there for so long was scum. He made some comments about them not being able to hammer him because they couldn't and it was shot down but it made sense to me.

Unfortunately, we did do some talking in the mafia discussion thread not knowing we were not supposed to and Grandma seemed genuinely surprised that Avatar was not scum.

I disagree that talking is a bad thing. It's how you play. Our best talker and planner is gone now and based on that and his very good game play in the first game, and the fact that Avatar was focused on so heavily right from the start, leads me to believe it was a plan.

Rosie did change her personality a lot in the game. When folks started questioning her, she got defensive which is normal but then went into the personal stuff somewhat and went from nice to mean pretty quickly. My vote was on her most of the time but I'm not just going to rush through day 2 and lynch her right away. Let's take a breath here. I also do not like how she claimed right away without consensus and how she had a plan about saving her own skin without thinking of anything else. It bugs me for sure. She's acting scummy.

I'm really not happy with Luissa's gameplay. She may be new but she did almost nothing. Came in, asked how to vote, voted for Avatar, and said nothing. She's not really helping at all. So I would be good with voting her off also.

Ropey and mebelle switching their votes around at the last minute and messing with the game doesn't sit well with me either.

Although Mertex and RD were very focused on Avatar from the beginning despite the fact that he was obviously playing like a townine, really seemed like they were holding the first game against him due to the fact that he won and fooled almost everyone.

dblack also voted for Avatar but he's playing like a townie so far putting in some good informative, helpful posts and being pretty careful with his though process.

mani-I don't like how he voted for Luissa at the end and seemed to fly under the radar with his final vote but most of his posts have had a townie vibe

So my two main suspects are Luissa and Rosie.

Since I voted for Rosie the first time, I can do it again. We need to get consensus before a hammer, and not hammer too soon.

Vote : RosieS

i give up....i simply give up

okay lets consider this....wake replaced ropey....why not just kill ropey off....that kinda leads me to believe ropey may have been scum? wake why didnt you just let the ropey die instead of seeking a replacement? someone do that [MENTION=44124]Wake[/MENTION] shit...i hate that stuff....

so is that a clue or red herring....

but we do not need 55 pages of discussion for yall to fuck up again...i am sure you can do it in under 10 pages...but hey i am an optimist

I probably would find that suspicious as well if I were in your shoes, but it appears to have been a policy thing instead of a necessity. Why would I replace Ropey at the end of the night instead of the beginning if I were substitute scum? The answer to that is about the only objective evidence I can provide to you. It is metadata, but the conversation that occurred later yesterday in which I was asked to join I believe is publicly available.

I agree that you were put in as a replacement due to Wake's policy of replacing players rather than killing them off.

the is three votes for rosie...me, aye, and wolf...we need 4 more....

come on people...think about and go with our first instinct....just like multiple choice tests

we have already seen what taking 55 pages results in

I hadn't voted for her yet at this point. She does have 3 votes now with my vote but there is no need to rush through this when we have a week. We do need the info. a death would provide when there was no kill overnight but we have to remember there is a cop out there that may know something about one person. Lets give everyone some time to give input before rushing it.

You are kind of rushing things a little bit.

o hell i got some to do......and i call people stupid when they are being stupid.....

if the stupid fits .....wear it...owe it

plus its obvious outside of this game....i love me some ma...in the game.....eh...not so much

You are kind of rushing things a little bit.

After the way day one dragged on, can you blame her?

But if she's right and Rosie is scum, then lynching her Tuesday will be just as successful as lynching her today.

I have to go back and lay out what we really learned and didn't learn from the Avatar lynching and the death-free overnight.

o let me say this about rosie....she brought up her real life when i said something about avatars real life...so i am not holding that against her...her total change in posting styles is what shocked me.....if she is not mafia...she is that grumpy old woman who yells at kids for crossing thru her yard

Jeebus, are we up to the hammer already?

I'm about ready to follow bone's gut on this one.

There are still three scum voting, so yeah - we're getting close. That's why I didn't make my vote official. I don't want to give them the chance goad us into lynching another townie.

My gut tells me Rosie. But my gut told me Avi.

Anyway, here's something that seems a little 'off' to me, and was kind of glossed over (and frankly, it seems paranoid even to me) ... but sb counted wolf as voting for rosie before she actually did, before she even suggested she would. How would she know that?

I get nothing but townie vibes from wolf, but still, slips like this can make or break a game.

I still got nothin' :dunno:

Not even a gut reaction?

Unfortunately, I've learned to not trust my gut reactions. They lead me astray as often as not. If I did go that way, my impulse is to distrust people who talk a lot. Is that really how you want me to vote? ;)

Anyone else have a vote? Looks like mani and ropey are leading the votes so far.

I kinda wanna hear from MB and SB before I randomly choose a scapegoat.

Jeebus, are we up to the hammer already?

I'm about ready to follow bone's gut on this one.

There are still three scum voting, so yeah - we're getting close. That's why I didn't make my vote official. I don't want to give them the chance goad us into lynching another townie.

My gut tells me Rosie. But my gut told me Avi.

Anyway, here's something that seems a little 'off' to me, and was kind of glossed over (and frankly, it seems paranoid even to me) ... but sb counted wolf as voting for rosie before she actually did, before she even suggested she would. How would she know that?

I get nothing but townie vibes from wolf, but still, slips like this can make or break a game.

See, you either have a knee jerk playing style or it doesn't matter to you who gets lynched because as scum it really doesn't matter that much to you the order in which we fall. This tingles my curiosity about you.

Dumb and dumber.

Players yell they want info. Give them the info they clamor for and it is "familiarity breeds contempt " and they lynch you -Avatar - and try to - me.

That is a tactic and a dumb one.

Smart is having a strategy for winning and it is so very obvious that we as Town do not have one.

This tactic did not work the last game - why would anyone expect Town to win using the same old tactic and not having a strategy?

This is so stupid on its face.

I am not going to blindly follow this shortsighted tactic-oriented plan.

No solid plan to win means Town loses - AGAIN.

Follow those who.lost the game for Town last time? I hardly think so.

Come up with a strategy; I will be back when you do.

Do not expect help in this stupidity from me.

Buh bye!

Regards from Rosie

Rosie I get it. But town won this round, there was no kill in the night.

We could have at least two payers on the ball, probably more. I say we need to look at who is now trying to divide and rush the process so lines of communication are shut down.

Those who saved someone need a chance to try to drop subtle hints to the rest of us.

I'm going to be visiting vendors most of the day so I won't be on much until later. But I think we need to look at everyone who voted for Avatar. I feel it is very likely at least 2 of the 3 scum voted for him, maybe all three.

Well, I voted for him, but I certainly am not Scum, just not very good at reading people....

The ones that look the most innocent are usually the culprits..us Townies always stick our noses out and end up looking pretty guilty.

Dumb and dumber.

Players yell they want info. Give them the info they clamor for and it is "familiarity breeds contempt " and they lynch you -Avatar - and try to - me.

That is a tactic and a dumb one.

Smart is having a strategy for winning and it is so very obvious that we as Town do not have one.

This tactic did not work the last game - why would anyone expect Town to win using the same old tactic and not having a strategy?

This is so stupid on its face.

I am not going to blindly follow this shortsighted tactic-oriented plan.

No solid plan to win means Town loses - AGAIN.

Follow those who.lost the game for Town last time? I hardly think so.

Come up with a strategy; I will be back when you do.

Do not expect help in this stupidity from me.

Buh bye!

Regards from Rosie

So you basically admit you are not going to help. You are telling us to do the work and you are running away because the pressure is on you.

Duly noted.

Forum List

Back