Official USMB Mafia Game #2: Enter the Godfather

Vote Count 1.15​
“I'm not afraid of death; I just don't want to be there when it happens.”

Not Voting (0):

Avatar4321 (8): Mertex, R.D., Grandma, RosieS, Luissa, dblack, Ropey, Mebelle60
RosieS (5): Avatar4321, AyeCantSeeYou, strollingbones, Wolfsister77, Shaitra
Luissa (1): Manifold

~ With 14 players, it takes 8 to lynch!
~ Deadline is 5/28/14, @ 10pm central time zone.
~ Once the hammer vote falls, that nut ain't coming back. [MENTION=31178]MeBelle60[/MENTION]
~ Death scene incoming...

okay .....scum suspects.....rosie s, mertex and dblack

townies....avatar...remember his ass..he is dead now..thanks to yall not listening to me ...i am not sure about ma.....she could be scum...vote changing after the vote is final is reeking of mafia moves to me....i think those voting for rosie last time are safe...cause i think rosie is scum...

i think we the townies need to go after them hard and heavy and vote them off......quickly....

we can control this and win but we have to be decisive....look that word up ma

your stupid ass let avatar get voted off and you dont get credit for running in after the vote and changing your mind

Well, if you vote me off, you'll be looking stoopid like all of us that thought Avatar was Scum. I'm willing to go with the Rosie vote, but I want more evidence, so I'll wait to vote.

Not even a gut reaction?

Unfortunately, I've learned to not trust my gut reactions. They lead me astray as often as not. If I did go that way, my impulse is to distrust people who talk a lot. Is that really how you want me to vote? ;)

Jeebus, are we up to the hammer already?

I'm about ready to follow bone's gut on this one.

There are still three scum voting, so yeah - we're getting close. That's why I didn't make my vote official. I don't want to give them the chance goad us into lynching another townie.

My gut tells me Rosie. But my gut told me Avi.

Anyway, here's something that seems a little 'off' to me, and was kind of glossed over (and frankly, it seems paranoid even to me) ... but sb counted wolf as voting for rosie before she actually did, before she even suggested she would. How would she know that?

I get nothing but townie vibes from wolf, but still, slips like this can make or break a game.

See, you either have a knee jerk playing style or it doesn't matter to you who gets lynched because as scum it really doesn't matter that much to you the order in which we fall. This tingles my curiosity about you.

dblack has played this game before, he should know better than to say he doesn't go by his gut but then mention going by his gut

Rosie I get it. But town won this round, there was no kill in the night.

We could have at least two payers on the ball, probably more. I say we need to look at who is now trying to divide and rush the process so lines of communication are shut down.

Those who saved someone need a chance to try to drop subtle hints to the rest of us.

I wonder about Bones playing style. She pushed very hard for a quick Ropey lynch last game, now is pushing us into a Rosie lynch.

While I agree with her, the Avi vote was wrong, we have to wonder about the aggressive calling everyone stupid that doesn't go her way. This does tend to divide us.

we use it by voting out rosie.....

good gosh i am so tired of trying to lead a bunch of short bus riders.....

And, if you are wrong, you're going to feel like riding that short bus....:lol:

I think we need to really look at the evidence.....no one died, so we have some good Cop, Doctor and Jailer.....let's figure it out.

this vote needs to be fast and we need to vote out scum....

vote: rosie

Seems like a gimme. But we got some good info that round, we need to figure out how to use it.

Dumb and dumber.

Players yell they want info. Give them the info they clamor for and it is "familiarity breeds contempt " and they lynch you -Avatar - and try to - me.

That is a tactic and a dumb one.

Smart is having a strategy for winning and it is so very obvious that we as Town do not have one.

This tactic did not work the last game - why would anyone expect Town to win using the same old tactic and not having a strategy?

This is so stupid on its face.

I am not going to blindly follow this shortsighted tactic-oriented plan.

No solid plan to win means Town loses - AGAIN.

Follow those who.lost the game for Town last time? I hardly think so.

Come up with a strategy; I will be back when you do.

Do not expect help in this stupidity from me.

Buh bye!

Regards from Rosie

What strategy would you suggest we use? I have never played with any of your before so I have no clue what works with whom.

This early in a game with so many players, I cannot think of a better strategy than participation which you seem to shy away from. Doesn't mean I think you are scum--just frustrated. Frustration leads to mistakes. You made one post that peaked my curiosity in what I read so far, but hardly enough to make me understand why you were and are on the chopping block so readily.

Can some of you please articulate for me why Rosie is so suspicious t warrant execution? Based on what I have read she would be maybe 5th or 6th on my list of likely scum at this point.

we use it by voting out rosie.....

good gosh i am so tired of trying to lead a bunch of short bus riders.....

LOL... I just meant we shouldn't rush it. The more discussion, the more info we gather. Maybe we can 'interrogate' her.

And how do you suppose we're going to interrogate someone on here? When her name is mentioned, she goes on a rampage attacking that person. That doesn't speak well of anyone that wants to come off as being a townie. It raises suspicions and brings more attention to that person, which is something I don't believe townies would want. Townies have nothing to hide and shouldn't be paranoid; scum, on the other hand, have everything to hide, which would make any normal person paranoid/jumpy/irritable/etc.

You've done the same, so should we think you are not acting like a Townie? We need to come together, cool heads and figure this one out. Rosie may just have been going by gut feelings, after all, Avi did play a good Mafia scum last time, making everyone think he was Townie.

LOL... I just meant we shouldn't rush it. The more discussion, the more info we gather. Maybe we can 'interrogate' her.

And how do you suppose we're going to interrogate someone on here? When her name is mentioned, she goes on a rampage attacking that person. That doesn't speak well of anyone that wants to come off as being a townie. It raises suspicions and brings more attention to that person, which is something I don't believe townies would want. Townies have nothing to hide and shouldn't be paranoid; scum, on the other hand, have everything to hide, which would make any normal person paranoid/jumpy/irritable/etc.

To be fair, Rosie goes on the defense. SB just called us all stupid a couple times over. Tell me again who is scary??

Yes, all the attributes of Scum....rushing it...hmmmm....

By the Numbers: Day one mafia voting possibilities...

a) 3 mafia votes for Avatar
b) 3 mafia votes not Avatar
c) 2 votes for Avatar, 1 vote not Avatar
d) 1 vote for Avatar, 2 votes not Avatar

Off the bat I’m eliminating B. The odds of the mafia being so lucky as to all avoid voting for a lynched townie is so low as to be not worth considering. In fact, I’m going to eliminate D too. I still think it’d be a bit too lucky to imagine they could lynch a townie with just one vote. So that leaves either A or C.

There are three way to break these numbers down: As an outside observer, as a Townie who voted for Avatar and as a Townie who didn’t vote for Avatar. The first is irrelevant, so I’m only considering the other two.

If you’re a townie that voted for Avatar…
If A) 3 out of the other seven Avatar voters (43%) are mafia and 0% who didn’t vote Avatar are mafia
If C) 2 out of the other seven Avatar voters (29%) are mafia and 1 of the 6 not avatar voters(17%) are mafia

The case for an Avatar voting townie is definitely focus on your fellow voters on day two.

If you’re a townie that didn’t vote for Avatar…

If A) 3 out of 8 Avatar voters (38%) are mafia and 0% who didn’t vote Avatar are mafia
If C) 2 out of 8 Avatar voters (25%) are mafia and 1 out of other 5 not avatar voters (20%) are mafia.

The case for not Avatar voting townies isn’t quite as strong, but it still supports focusing on Avatar voters on day two.

In other words, I agree with Shaitra. :)

Unfortunately, I've learned to not trust my gut reactions. They lead me astray as often as not. If I did go that way, my impulse is to distrust people who talk a lot. Is that really how you want me to vote? ;)

There are still three scum voting, so yeah - we're getting close. That's why I didn't make my vote official. I don't want to give them the chance goad us into lynching another townie.

Anyway, here's something that seems a little 'off' to me, and was kind of glossed over (and frankly, it seems paranoid even to me) ... but sb counted wolf as voting for rosie before she actually did, before she even suggested she would. How would she know that?

I get nothing but townie vibes from wolf, but still, slips like this can make or break a game.

See, you either have a knee jerk playing style or it doesn't matter to you who gets lynched because as scum it really doesn't matter that much to you the order in which we fall. This tingles my curiosity about you.

dblack has played this game before, he should know better than to say he doesn't go by his gut but then mention going by his gut

He also implied that he had information by putting the some in "some people" in italics, but if he were in a position to gather info, he would naturally have targeted Rosie if he is so suspicious of her but then starts talking about his gut again. He was at the top of my list after my read of the first part of the game posts, and he remains there, solidly reinforced, today for whatever it is worth.

He also implied that he had information by putting the some in "some people" in italics, but if he were in a position to gather info, he would naturally have targeted Rosie if he is so suspicious of her but then starts talking about his gut again. He was at the top of my list after my read of the first part of the game posts, and he remains there, solidly reinforced, today for whatever it is worth.

Well, the fact that he is a thoughtful and careful player, but seemed pretty set on Avatar for not good reasons, in addition to the changing story on using his gut, also makes me wonder about him a little bit.

That's so true. I went back looking for Wolf's vote on Rosie and couldn't find it, and then finally found it after the fact....after SB had counted her.

SB seems too much in a hurry this time....but I'm like you, I want to see more compelling evidence before I cast my vote this time.

Maybe SB, Wolf and Aye are working together? Knew all along that Avi was Townie - And, maybe Rosie has an important role and we need to find out.

That's so true. I went back looking for Wolf's vote on Rosie and couldn't find it, and then finally found it after the fact....after SB had counted her.

SB seems too much in a hurry this time....but I'm like you, I want to see more compelling evidence before I cast my vote this time.

Maybe SB, Wolf and Aye are working together? Knew all along that Avi was Townie - And, maybe Rosie has an important role and we need to find out.

I think SB and Aye might be in cahoots. They were on my radar last round too.

I get strong town feeling from Wolf though.

this vote needs to be fast and we need to vote out scum....

vote: rosie

Seems like a gimme. But we got some good info that round, we need to figure out how to use it.

Dumb and dumber.

Players yell they want info. Give them the info they clamor for and it is "familiarity breeds contempt " and they lynch you -Avatar - and try to - me.

That is a tactic and a dumb one.

Smart is having a strategy for winning and it is so very obvious that we as Town do not have one.

This tactic did not work the last game - why would anyone expect Town to win using the same old tactic and not having a strategy?

This is so stupid on its face.

I am not going to blindly follow this shortsighted tactic-oriented plan.

No solid plan to win means Town loses - AGAIN.

Follow those who.lost the game for Town last time? I hardly think so.

Come up with a strategy; I will be back when you do.

Do not expect help in this stupidity from me.

Buh bye!

Regards from Rosie

What strategy would you suggest we use? I have never played with any of your before so I have no clue what works with whom.

This early in a game with so many players, I cannot think of a better strategy than participation which you seem to shy away from. Doesn't mean I think you are scum--just frustrated. Frustration leads to mistakes. You made one post that peaked my curiosity in what I read so far, but hardly enough to make me understand why you were and are on the chopping block so readily.

Can some of you please articulate for me why Rosie is so suspicious t warrant execution? Based on what I have read she would be maybe 5th or 6th on my list of likely scum at this point.

Most of us are bran new to the game or only played the last game so it is kind of a clean slate with most of us.

My reasons for her are mostly her changing play styles. She is, on the one hand, being friendly, but then gets kind of personal with those questioning her and instead of defending herself, she targets whoever is questioning her. Then she gets frustrated and says she isn't going to help us. I don't see how this helps town at all.

She revealed kind of early her role without even figuring out if that was a good idea. And she seems to be looking out for herself by doing that hoping she will be protected. I think of townies as looking at the bigger picture and being more cooperative as well as being willing to share info. and work together to find scum.

This is why I am voting for her now but am willing to switch to someone else if enough compelling reasons arise.

I realize she's frustrated, but honestly, saying you are going away and calling us all dumb is weird.

Town needs to be willing to put themselves out there. Any clues they can lay out, while certainly may be able to be used by scum, can also help town after they are dead and still, IMO, is playing to your win condition.

By the Numbers: Day one mafia voting possibilities...

a) 3 mafia votes for Avatar
b) 3 mafia votes not Avatar
c) 2 votes for Avatar, 1 vote not Avatar
d) 1 vote for Avatar, 2 votes not Avatar

Off the bat I’m eliminating B. The odds of the mafia being so lucky as to all avoid voting for a lynched townie is so low as to be not worth considering. In fact, I’m going to eliminate D too. I still think it’d be a bit too lucky to imagine they could lynch a townie with just one vote. So that leaves either A or C.

There are three way to break these numbers down: As an outside observer, as a Townie who voted for Avatar and as a Townie who didn’t vote for Avatar. The first is irrelevant, so I’m only considering the other two.

If you’re a townie that voted for Avatar…
If A) 3 out of the other seven Avatar voters (43%) are mafia and 0% who didn’t vote Avatar are mafia
If C) 2 out of the other seven Avatar voters (29%) are mafia and 1 of the 6 not avatar voters(17%) are mafia

The case for an Avatar voting townie is definitely focus on your fellow voters on day two.

If you’re a townie that didn’t vote for Avatar…

If A) 3 out of 8 Avatar voters (38%) are mafia and 0% who didn’t vote Avatar are mafia
If C) 2 out of 8 Avatar voters (25%) are mafia and 1 out of other 5 not avatar voters (20%) are mafia.

The case for not Avatar voting townies isn’t quite as strong, but it still supports focusing on Avatar voters on day two.

In other words, I agree with Shaitra. :)

What? You expect a poor working Townie to digest all that mumbo jumbo? Maybe you need to re post that in layman's terms....:lol:

The main thing was - fairly early in the first round - she posted this:

My own postings reveal what I am not. I am not an important role playing townie this time, just a plain Vanilla one.

The thing that scum does not know is if I am bulletproof or not.

And I am keeping that little tidbit secret.

Apart from the stupidity of revealing her townie role in the first round, she suggested that 'bulletproof' was a townie role, which it isn't in this game. It was in the first game, so it could have been an honest mistake, but it seems like something a real townie would be keenly aware of.

But you're right. There's not a terribly strong argument. We might have spent the entire first round arguing over which townie (Rosie or Avi) we were going to lynch.

One other thing that stands out to me from the first day is MeBelle coming in as the hammer vote, apparently without looking to see she was the hammer vote.

Well, the fact that he is a thoughtful and careful player, but seemed pretty set on Avatar for not good reasons, in addition to the changing story on using his gut, also makes me wonder about him a little bit.

Since this is my first game here, I really have to stick with what I see in front of me this time.

IIRC, he sat on someone else and then switched when the momentum started swinging toward Avatar. Felt like a scum move trying to pile on but getting in so they would not have to be the hammer. Feels the same way today with the rush against Rosie.

I seldom vote this early, but with so many people in the game and such a strong vibe, I really see no reason to wait. If it gets me plowed under down the road, so be it. Life is all about reaping what we sow. night 1 gave town room for a mistake if this turns out that way.

VOTE: dblack

Deathless Overnight possibilities…

1. Doctor protected the chosen target and now has name of a townie suspect.
2. JailKeeper jailed either the chosen target or the mafia henchman, and now has a name that the town cop would love to have.
3. The mafia chose not to make a kill attempt.

When I first read Wake's update, I thought "sweet!" score one for the town. But the sweetness only lasted a little bit longer than a piece of fruit stripe gum. Sure we have one more townie in the vote pool than we could have had, and that's pretty valuable, but we didn't learn nearly as much as a we would from a kill.

I know I said I could wait til next week but eff that, I want more information so I'm on board with a quick lynch.

Vote: RosieS

I think that makes 4 or 5 now, can we get a vote count [MENTION=44124]Wake[/MENTION]?

Forum List

Back