Official USMB Mafia Game #2: Enter the Godfather

I agree that Rosie is sounding suspicious by not defending herself and telling us she isn't going to help.

Also, dblack gets a vote and immediately jumps on the Rosie train. That seems suspicious too.

I agree that Rosie is sounding suspicious by not defending herself and telling us she isn't going to help.

Also, dblack gets a vote and immediately jumps on the Rosie train. That seems suspicious too.

I noticed that too. His first vote and he's on the Rosie bandwagon. Maybe trying to get us to look elsewhere.

I'm still feeling good about a vote I had most of day 1 but this is very weird for dblack.

Whether she's town or mafia, I still say we stand the learn the most by lynching Rosie today, so I'm sticking with that vote unless somebody can give me a really really compelling reason not to.

I noticed that too. His first vote and he's on the Rosie bandwagon. Maybe trying to get us to look elsewhere.

I'm still feeling good about a vote I had most of day 1 but this is very weird for dblack.

It's not that weird. I'd pretty much come down to Avi or Rosie in the last round. The same calculus is still there. But there's only one choice. :)

In prior games at a different location, I would sometimes get like that when I felt that I had something worthwhile for town that was at risk of being lost by town. You sort of have to walk away when you are on the cusp because anything you say will be used by scum to convince someone to hammer you whether you have information, skills, or just a desire to stay in the game, and the frustration makes it easy to get PO'd enough to get yourself hanged.

I really haven't seen a strong case made for Rosie. Certainly some question marks there, but rushing to a lynch and avoiding discussions are pro-scum generally, especially when scum are sore they got blocked during the night and are eager to get a kill in.

It's not that weird. I'd pretty much come down to Avi or Rosie in the last round. The same calculus is still there. But there's only one choice. :)

To clarify, I meant the first vote cast for you and you jump on the Rosie bandwagon after saying you wanted to be careful.

I'm just making note of it.

I'm comfortable with my Rosie vote.

Vote Count 1.15​
“I'm not afraid of death; I just don't want to be there when it happens.”

Not Voting (0):

Avatar4321 (8): Mertex, R.D., Grandma, RosieS, Luissa, dblack, Ropey, Mebelle60
RosieS (5): Avatar4321, AyeCantSeeYou, strollingbones, Wolfsister77, Shaitra
Luissa (1): Manifold

~ With 14 players, it takes 8 to lynch!
~ Deadline is 5/28/14, @ 10pm central time zone.
~ Once the hammer vote falls, that nut ain't coming back. [MENTION=31178]MeBelle60[/MENTION]
~ Death scene incoming...

okay .....scum suspects.....rosie s, mertex and dblack

I find myself not being able to remember the 8 people who voted for Avatar so I wanted to bring this forward.

My reads on all 8:
Mertex - very talkative first day, became fixated on Avatar being scum. Not sure if that was because of something he said or a revenge vote for the first game. I know Day 2 is still early, but it seems like Mertex hasn't posted anywhere near as much. I'm getting a null reading on her right now.

RD - I thought she was scummy last round but no one else seemed to feel that way. I still feel she is scummy.

Grandma - she reads town to me.

RosieS - potential scum. It bugs me she isn't defending herself and is refusing to figure out who could be scum.

Luissa - has not posted much at all. I don't like that she came in and immediately voted someone. Seems scummy to me.

dblack - Here on day 2 gets a vote against him/her and immediately jumps on the Rosie train.

Ropey/sameech - one of the last one's to vote for Avatar. Ropey also couldn't give a good reason for voting for him. Seems scummy.

Mebelle60 - The hammer vote. Tried to change the vote after the fact seems weird to me. Right now I'm leaning scum on her.

In prior games at a different location, I would sometimes get like that when I felt that I had something worthwhile for town that was at risk of being lost by town. You sort of have to walk away when you are on the cusp because anything you say will be used by scum to convince someone to hammer you whether you have information, skills, or just a desire to stay in the game, and the frustration makes it easy to get PO'd enough to get yourself hanged.

I really haven't seen a strong case made for Rosie. Certainly some question marks there, but rushing to a lynch and avoiding discussions are pro-scum generally, especially when scum are sore they got blocked during the night and are eager to get a kill in.

Yeah, this is a very good point and something to consider. Rosie may simply be feeling like if she says anything she is going to be jumped on and she doesn't want to let the frustration get the better of her.

And yeah, I'm kind of surprised myself at the rush. I'm mostly joining in because I had voted for Rosie Day 1 but yeah, this kind of stuff gives me pause. This is why it probably is better to think this through than to just lynch right away.

Vote Count 1.15​
“I'm not afraid of death; I just don't want to be there when it happens.”

Not Voting (0):

Avatar4321 (8): Mertex, R.D., Grandma, RosieS, Luissa, dblack, Ropey, Mebelle60
RosieS (5): Avatar4321, AyeCantSeeYou, strollingbones, Wolfsister77, Shaitra
Luissa (1): Manifold

~ With 14 players, it takes 8 to lynch!
~ Deadline is 5/28/14, @ 10pm central time zone.
~ Once the hammer vote falls, that nut ain't coming back. [MENTION=31178]MeBelle60[/MENTION]
~ Death scene incoming...

I find myself not being able to remember the 8 people who voted for Avatar so I wanted to bring this forward.

My reads on all 8:
Mertex - very talkative first day, became fixated on Avatar being scum. Not sure if that was because of something he said or a revenge vote for the first game. I know Day 2 is still early, but it seems like Mertex hasn't posted anywhere near as much. I'm getting a null reading on her right now.

RD - I thought she was scummy last round but no one else seemed to feel that way. I still feel she is scummy.

RosieS - potential scum. It bugs me she isn't defending herself and is refusing to figure out who could be scum.

Luissa - has not posted much at all. I don't like that she came in and immediately voted someone. Seems scummy to me.

dblack - Here on day 2 gets a vote against him/her and immediately jumps on the Rosie train.

Ropey/sameech - one of the last one's to vote for Avatar. Ropey also couldn't give a good reason for voting for him. Seems scummy.

Mebelle60 - The hammer vote. Tried to change the vote after the fact seems weird to me. Right now I'm leaning scum on her.

Do you have one you think is stronger scummy than the others?

One other thing that stands out to me from the first day is MeBelle coming in as the hammer vote, apparently without looking to see she was the hammer vote.

Yepp.....I suspected MeBelle from the gitgo, but then Avi kept yammering away and made himself look suspicious, but I'm still leery of MeBelle.

Well, the fact that he is a thoughtful and careful player, but seemed pretty set on Avatar for not good reasons, in addition to the changing story on using his gut, also makes me wonder about him a little bit.

Since this is my first game here, I really have to stick with what I see in front of me this time.

IIRC, he sat on someone else and then switched when the momentum started swinging toward Avatar. Felt like a scum move trying to pile on but getting in so they would not have to be the hammer. Feels the same way today with the rush against Rosie.

I seldom vote this early, but with so many people in the game and such a strong vibe, I really see no reason to wait. If it gets me plowed under down the road, so be it. Life is all about reaping what we sow. night 1 gave town room for a mistake if this turns out that way.

VOTE: dblack

Okay.... so who is IIRC?

Well, the fact that he is a thoughtful and careful player, but seemed pretty set on Avatar for not good reasons, in addition to the changing story on using his gut, also makes me wonder about him a little bit.

Since this is my first game here, I really have to stick with what I see in front of me this time.

IIRC, he sat on someone else and then switched when the momentum started swinging toward Avatar. Felt like a scum move trying to pile on but getting in so they would not have to be the hammer. Feels the same way today with the rush against Rosie.

I seldom vote this early, but with so many people in the game and such a strong vibe, I really see no reason to wait. If it gets me plowed under down the road, so be it. Life is all about reaping what we sow. night 1 gave town room for a mistake if this turns out that way.

VOTE: dblack

Okay.... so who is IIRC?

I think it's if I remember correctly.

My reads on all 8:

Do you have one you think is stronger scummy than the others?

At this point, Mebelle seems more scummy than anyone else. In the first game, I saw some good insights from her on other players and actually talked to Avatar about taking her out at one point because she really seemed able to read between the lines. In this game I'm not seeing that as much, if at all. That plus being the hammer vote without any post stating why seems off to me.

Deathless Overnight possibilities…

1. Doctor protected the chosen target and now has name of a townie suspect.
2. JailKeeper jailed either the chosen target or the mafia henchman, and now has a name that the town cop would love to have.
3. The mafia chose not to make a kill attempt.
Seriously? You think Mafia would have skipped an opportunity? I don't think so....I think they were just unlucky this go round...maybe not the next.

Except the Doctor doesn't know if an attempt was made on that person, so it could have been Doc protected a Scum.

When I first read Wake's update, I thought "sweet!" score one for the town. But the sweetness only lasted a little bit longer than a piece of fruit stripe gum. Sure we have one more townie in the vote pool than we could have had, and that's pretty valuable, but we didn't learn nearly as much as a we would from a kill.

I know I said I could wait til next week but eff that, I want more information so I'm on board with a quick lynch.

Vote: RosieS

I think that makes 4 or 5 now, can we get a vote count [MENTION=44124]Wake[/MENTION]?

Okay, this is getting too weird....all these quick votes are making me pretty suspicious.

The ones that took forever to cast a vote for Avatar, are now so damn sure that it is Rosie? Hmmm, I'm more suspicious of SB, ACSY and You at this point.

Just in case some other townie gets sucked into this quick vote mania, I'm going to cast a different vote.

Vote: Strollingbones

because rosie is not a nasty person...simple as that...as i said she is either mafia or the grump ass old lady on the corner...but i am thinking mafia....

cause i am mean normally...and i cant help it that you played poorly the first round but do not expect me to be quiet this round.....

Quit comparing players with their real personal on the Forum. This is a game, and some may find it refreshing to be able to release some pent up feelings and talk trash....but that doesn't have anything to do with who they are on the Forum, and vice versa.....

Rosie hasn't made me feel suspicious of her as much as some of you who are so anxious to get a kill. Maybe cause you screwed up royally over the night time and you want to make up for it?

Not on my watch.....

Forum List

Back