Official USMB Mafia Game #2: Enter the Godfather

I feel uneasy about rushing a vote but I really don't like that Rosie said basically screw you guys, you are being stupid, see ya later.

That's not helping out of spite and not defending yourself is not helping town at all or giving any clues for the next round if we are wrong here.

Avi spent a lot of time doing that.

Just sayin' Rosie is looking worse and worse.

I can understand Rosie's feelings. If you all were to target me, with me knowing I am Townie, I would also just say screw it, if you're going to vote stupid, go ahead...I'll be dead and I won't care that you're bringing the whole Town down...that's what you get for being stoopid.

SB was calling us all stoopid for voting for Avatar, now she's got you all suckered into voting Rosie without giving it much thought.

Deathless Overnight possibilities…

1. Doctor protected the chosen target and now has name of a townie suspect.
2. JailKeeper jailed either the chosen target or the mafia henchman, and now has a name that the town cop would love to have.
3. The mafia chose not to make a kill attempt.
Seriously? You think Mafia would have skipped an opportunity? I don't think so....I think they were just unlucky this go round...maybe not the next.

Except the Doctor doesn't know if an attempt was made on that person, so it could have been Doc protected a Scum.

When I first read Wake's update, I thought "sweet!" score one for the town. But the sweetness only lasted a little bit longer than a piece of fruit stripe gum. Sure we have one more townie in the vote pool than we could have had, and that's pretty valuable, but we didn't learn nearly as much as a we would from a kill.

I know I said I could wait til next week but eff that, I want more information so I'm on board with a quick lynch.

Vote: RosieS

I think that makes 4 or 5 now, can we get a vote count [MENTION=44124]Wake[/MENTION]?

Okay, this is getting too weird....all these quick votes are making me pretty suspicious.

The ones that took forever to cast a vote for Avatar, are now so damn sure that it is Rosie? Hmmm, I'm more suspicious of SB, ACSY and You at this point.

Just in case some other townie gets sucked into this quick vote mania, I'm going to cast a different vote.

Vote: Strollingbones

I didn't actually vote for Avatar, but if it came down to it I would have, and been wrong along with at least 5 others.

I'm not sure Rosie is mafia at all. In fact on day one I had convinced myself we were fighting over lynching two townies. If you assume that no guesses are better than any other on day one, and you select two players at random from the fourteen, the odds on the various permutations are as follows:

Picking two mafia - 3.3%
Picking two townies - 60.4%
Picking one of each - 36.3%

Ha! now that I did the math on that you're making me second guess my vote.

Luissa is posting elsewhere. She's hardly contributed.

Is she playing this game or not?

Wake @ her to start yesterday. I wonder if she even sees these on her phone?

I have been reading. I didn't want to do too much until I saw what was going on. Last time I moved too quickly and people questioned my motives. :D

Deathless Overnight possibilities…

1. Doctor protected the chosen target and now has name of a townie suspect.
2. JailKeeper jailed either the chosen target or the mafia henchman, and now has a name that the town cop would love to have.
3. The mafia chose not to make a kill attempt.
Seriously? You think Mafia would have skipped an opportunity? I don't think so....I think they were just unlucky this go round...maybe not the next.

Except the Doctor doesn't know if an attempt was made on that person, so it could have been Doc protected a Scum.

You're right. What a hose job, either the jailer or Dr. made the right move - or both, but they too can only guess at this pont too.

For all the mistake votes regarding Avi, we're supposed to suddenly see signs of brilliance for Rosie votes? I still don't see it

I am leaning towards Rosie, Bones, or Mabelle.
Bones "accidental" slip still has me suspicious, Rosie punched hard for Avatar, and Belle just seems suspicious all around.. I haven't made my decision yet though.

I find myself not being able to remember the 8 people who voted for Avatar so I wanted to bring this forward.

My reads on all 8:
Mertex - very talkative first day, became fixated on Avatar being scum. Not sure if that was because of something he said or a revenge vote for the first game. I know Day 2 is still early, but it seems like Mertex hasn't posted anywhere near as much. I'm getting a null reading on her right now.

RD - I thought she was scummy last round but no one else seemed to feel that way. I still feel she is scummy.

Grandma - she reads town to me.

RosieS - potential scum. It bugs me she isn't defending herself and is refusing to figure out who could be scum.

Luissa - has not posted much at all. I don't like that she came in and immediately voted someone. Seems scummy to me.

dblack - Here on day 2 gets a vote against him/her and immediately jumps on the Rosie train.

Ropey/sameech - one of the last one's to vote for Avatar. Ropey also couldn't give a good reason for voting for him. Seems scummy.

Mebelle60 - The hammer vote. Tried to change the vote after the fact seems weird to me. Right now I'm leaning scum on her.

Do you have one you think is stronger scummy than the others?

At this point, Mebelle seems more scummy than anyone else. In the first game, I saw some good insights from her on other players and actually talked to Avatar about taking her out at one point because she really seemed able to read between the lines. In this game I'm not seeing that as much, if at all. That plus being the hammer vote without any post stating why seems off to me.

Yeah, I hated her hammer vote and then pretending not to know it was the hammer? At the last minute? Yeah, bothersome for sure.

I am leaning towards Rosie, Bones, or Mabelle.
Bones "accidental" slip still has me suspicious, Rosie punched hard for Avatar, and Belle just seems suspicious all around.. I haven't made my decision yet though.

It's extremely unlikely that both Rosie and Bones are mafia.

However, it is possible that they are both town and Bones gut is leading her astray.

I said earlier that if we lynch Rosie and she turns out to be town, we need to go after bones next, but I'm not so sure about that anymore. I think the smarter numbers play is that if we lynch two townies in a row we focus on the people who voted for both, rather than the most vocal person leading the charge. I'm still learning this game, but I would think mafia would rather not lead the charge against a townie so early in the game, but they would certainly vote for them.

Partly to slow the rush to judgement and also because I am suspicious of her,

Vote: MeBelle

I feel uneasy about rushing a vote but I really don't like that Rosie said basically screw you guys, you are being stupid, see ya later.

That's not helping out of spite and not defending yourself is not helping town at all or giving any clues for the next round if we are wrong here.

Avi spent a lot of time doing that.

Just sayin' Rosie is looking worse and worse.

I can understand Rosie's feelings. If you all were to target me, with me knowing I am Townie, I would also just say screw it, if you're going to vote stupid, go ahead...I'll be dead and I won't care that you're bringing the whole Town down...that's what you get for being stoopid.

SB was calling us all stoopid for voting for Avatar, now she's got you all suckered into voting Rosie without giving it much thought.

Yeah but Wake said fight all the way to the gallows. If you are town, you can still win by helping town and giving up and not helping and saying basically, screw you guys, is not sitting well with me.

you have to fight.....and run.....i took it on the lam....in game one.....but they will catch up with you....and of course one fights to live and stay in the game.....and i have said if the vote for rosie is wrong....then vote me out next.....but i dont think it is

Unofficial vote count: 2.1.a

Not Voting (7): Grandma, RosieS, Luissa, Mebelle60

RosieS (5): strollingbones, AyeCantSeeYou, Wolfsister77, manifold, dblack
dblack (1): Sameech
Strollingbones (2): R.D., Mertex
MeBelle60 (1): Shaitra

I can understand the reluctance to rush to lynch Rosie, but I'd like to understand better why R.D. and Mertex are voting for bones. If they're right and she is mafia, that means her fighting tooth and nail for Avatar on day one was all for show, since she would have known all along that Avatar was town. Are people really that good at this game?

cause i called them stupid and hurt their stupid wee feelings....that is why they are voting for me...i think both of them could use some bran muffins.....

I still think we need to lynch an Avatar voter today even if it's somebody other than Rosie, the numbers are too compelling not to. I'm going to work up a reads list for those eight and I recommend others do so as well.

Well, the fact that he is a thoughtful and careful player, but seemed pretty set on Avatar for not good reasons, in addition to the changing story on using his gut, also makes me wonder about him a little bit.

Since this is my first game here, I really have to stick with what I see in front of me this time.

IIRC, he sat on someone else and then switched when the momentum started swinging toward Avatar. Felt like a scum move trying to pile on but getting in so they would not have to be the hammer. Feels the same way today with the rush against Rosie.

I seldom vote this early, but with so many people in the game and such a strong vibe, I really see no reason to wait. If it gets me plowed under down the road, so be it. Life is all about reaping what we sow. night 1 gave town room for a mistake if this turns out that way.

VOTE: dblack

Okay.... so who is IIRC?

Sorry--IIRC is internet slang for "If I recall/remember correctly"

Forum List

Back