Official USMB Mafia Game #2: Enter the Godfather

And honestly, those tactics kind of hurt this game as everyone kind of clamed up and it made at least one of us-me, want to quit. And frankly, if we give up before we have to, that isn't fun either. Wake said the real games get pretty psychological and that's fine but there can be a limit-like accusing someone of something that could get them kicked out of the game.

I certitanly won't do that to anyone.

And honestly, those tactics kind of hurt this game as everyone kind of clamed up and it made at least one of us-me, want to quit. And frankly, if we give up before we have to, that isn't fun either. Wake said the real games get pretty psychological and that's fine but there can be a limit-like accusing someone of something that could get them kicked out of the game.

I certitanly won't do that to anyone.

I think the key is to remember we're all playing "characters" in this game. That's part of what Wake is trying to introduce with the color roles. Making it more of a roleplaying game emphasizes that it's not personal, that it's a game.

Things have definitely progressed fast, hopefully not too fast. Even while we are playing characters in a game, it did seem Rosie was trying to get people kicked out of the game. That is not cool.

So now it is Grandma's turn to beat the dead horse.

That is no coincidence.

Bones talked about "we" getting a head start. And indeed they did.

I am a member with Bones at another site. I do not think it is a coincidence what Bones said.

It seems Bones, Wolfsister and Grandma are meeting elsewhere and have "gotten a head start,".

I don't think they are Mafia trying to hide that they are. I do think Mertex has uncovered cheating.

Grandma is just playing her assigned role. When confronted, she could not come up with facts to justify voting for me.

That is because there are none AND she had.not had time to meet with others offsite to collude over an answer.

It seems choreographed because it is.

I am accusing Bones, Wolfsister and Grandma of working together elsewhere, teaming up to cheat.

As Wolfsister keeps saying - I am not a team player.

Correct. I am not teaming up elsewhere to cheat. She is.

Regards from Rosie

I outlined the facts. I also said that I had Bones on my FoS list. And I'm still waiting for Bones' answer...

But I can only vote for one player, right now it's Rosie. If Rosie's a townie, then Bones will surely be the next.

As for meeting offsite, this and my own boards are the only ones I go to. I don't discuss the game with anyone else other than in this thread and the Mafia discussion thread. I don't like cheaters.

She even went so far as to ask Wake to investigate me and Bones and Grandma.

That sped up her lynching IMO and hurt the game.

Lets not make accusations and try to get each other kicked out of the game.

It is just a game and supposed to be fun.

My two cents for future game play for all of us.

So now it is Grandma's turn to beat the dead horse.

That is no coincidence.

Bones talked about "we" getting a head start. And indeed they did.

I am a member with Bones at another site. I do not think it is a coincidence what Bones said.

It seems Bones, Wolfsister and Grandma are meeting elsewhere and have "gotten a head start,".

I don't think they are Mafia trying to hide that they are. I do think Mertex has uncovered cheating.

Grandma is just playing her assigned role. When confronted, she could not come up with facts to justify voting for me.

That is because there are none AND she had.not had time to meet with others offsite to collude over an answer.

It seems choreographed because it is.

I am accusing Bones, Wolfsister and Grandma of working together elsewhere, teaming up to cheat.

As Wolfsister keeps saying - I am not a team player.

Correct. I am not teaming up elsewhere to cheat. She is.

Regards from Rosie

I outlined the facts. I also said that I had Bones on my FoS list. And I'm still waiting for Bones' answer...

But I can only vote for one player, right now it's Rosie. If Rosie's a townie, then Bones will surely be the next.

As for meeting offsite, this and my own boards are the only ones I go to. I don't discuss the game with anyone else other than in this thread and the Mafia discussion thread. I don't like cheaters.

No one does which is why the accusation really upset me to be honest. I don't cheat. Cheating like that ruins the game. I would never do it, nor accuse anyone of it without proof.

Vote: rosie

My hunch is that you may have just lynched the town doctor, but I could be wrong . Those odds I posted were references to specific Rosie posts that made me think she could be the doc.....

Why do you say so? As you seem to know this game more than any of us, that's a worrisome prediction.

I don't know what to make of her meltdown. I'm tempted to assume it was some weird strategic ploy, but I don't know her that well. Is she usually so volatile?

Vote: rosie

My hunch is that you may have just lynched the town doctor, but I could be wrong . Those odds I posted were references to specific Rosie posts that made me think she could be the doc.....

Why do you say so? As you seem to know this game more than any of us, that's a worrisome prediction.

I don't know what to make of her meltdown. I'm tempted to assume it was some weird strategic ploy, but I don't know her that well. Is she usually so volatile?

I don;t know what her normal disposition is. I haven't played a million games, but it felt like she was backhanded telling us she is a PR in the same posts where she was proclaiming to be a VT. Maybe it was a plot to throw off scum, but being a doc is a frustrating role I have played twice. I could just sense a lot of myself when I had that role in her posts, and then there are the post numbers I posted as odds, but I don't recall them now.

Time will tell. I obviously could be 100% wrong.

If she turns out to be Townie, she didn't really hurt the game, she actually may have provided some good leads for us to follow.

I don't know what you mean when you say "lets not make accusations and try to get each other kicked out of the game" because other than cheating (by talking to other players outside of this thread) there is nothing that will get anyone kicked out, and Wake isn't just going to take someone's word for any accusation, he'll have to investigate and do whatever he has to do to figure out what's true and what isn't.

So maybe we don't need to take anything said personally, and get all upset about what another players says about us.

I don;t know what her normal disposition is. I haven't played a million games, but it felt like she was backhanded telling us she is a PR in the same posts where she was proclaiming to be a VT. Maybe it was a plot to throw off scum, but being a doc is a frustrating role I have played twice. I could just sense a lot of myself when I had that role in her posts, and then there are the post numbers I posted as odds, but I don't recall them now.

Seriously? I didn't get that at all from her posts. If Rosie turns out scummy, we need to take a long hard look at you.

And if you are right, you will have to give us more detail on how you figured it out. :)

Seriously? I didn't get that at all from her posts. If Rosie turns out scummy, we need to take a long hard look at you.

And if you are right, you will have to give us more detail on how you figured it out. :)

Rosie has always been very straightforward and blunt, I don't look at that as trying to get people kicked out....everyone just needs to realize that this is a game and what people say here is not "real" life. I'm sure if Rosie really thought someone was cheating she would have relayed that privately to Wake....geez, get a grip, people!

Fair enough, but if I were scum, do you not think your post wouldn't seal your fate?...now watch them kill you so I get lynched :D

I think they were Posts #'s 84, 284, and 342 taken together. Her not recognizing the "for the children" as being a clue to anything suggested she was a PR who just assumed the VT's wouldn't have anything distinguishing about them....of course she could be scum too, but I still think she was a PR until [MENTION=44124]Wake[/MENTION] does her death scene

I do have to agree with Grandma that Rosie seems very suspicious. I don't find her fighting with Grandma to be helpful at all and she is the one complaining about all the "noise" in the thread. But she is the source of a lot of it.

If Rosie is town, she is playing very anti-town which only helps the scum.

I'm not defending Rosie, because I just don't know. But imo she is playing the very way Avi played, only more aggressive. As she did the last game, she was in our faces up front with her posts. Yes, she was wrong about the cop comment, but we have to keep hearing how Avi flavor role was a giveaway - which it wasn't. That's why I suspected him

I'm still waiting for SB to answer Grandmas questions

She answered a few posts back. She said that the odds were to much against Avi being scum twice in a row, and that "we" thing was a deliberate joke.

We'll see.

If she turns out to be Townie, she didn't really hurt the game, she actually may have provided some good leads for us to follow.

I don't know what you mean when you say "lets not make accusations and try to get each other kicked out of the game" because other than cheating (by talking to other players outside of this thread) there is nothing that will get anyone kicked out, and Wake isn't just going to take someone's word for any accusation, he'll have to investigate and do whatever he has to do to figure out what's true and what isn't.

So maybe we don't need to take anything said personally, and get all upset about what another players says about us.

If someone says straight out you are meeting with other players and cheating and asking Wake to investigate, let see if you take it calmly. There is no reason for that except to divide folks.

Who do you guys think cop should investigate--I suggest ayescantseeyou or whatever that long handle is.

I would also suggest jailer lock up wolfsister or SBones

Like I said, I think we lost our doc so that is pointless for me to suggest as that would just be a vote for that person to have their throat slit and tossed into the chipper all Fargo like

Rosie has always been very straightforward and blunt, I don't look at that as trying to get people kicked out....everyone just needs to realize that this is a game and what people say here is not "real" life. I'm sure if Rosie really thought someone was cheating she would have relayed that privately to Wake....geez, get a grip, people!

You should have no way of knowing if Rosie PM'd Wake or not or if this was a deliberate tactic or a real accusation. Wake came in here with a strong statement about it. She also said right here she wanted Wake to look into it. She make the accusation point blank with no grey areas. You really shouldn't have a clue about her motivations, yet you are adamant this was a planned move and not real.

Rosie is lynched. Her death and the night kill should reveal a lot. No matter what, your seeming to know what Rosie was thinking and being so sure of it and getting so bent out of shape over it is strange. I already said everything in the game, stays in the game and does not carry into USMB for me or changes how I feel about anyone on a personal level. No need to get a grip. I'm fine.

In fact, this thread really needs to go to night.

Who do you guys think cop should investigate--I suggest ayescantseeyou or whatever that long handle is.

I would also suggest jailer lock up wolfsister or SBones

Like I said, I think we lost our doc so that is pointless for me to suggest as that would just be a vote for that person to have their throat slit and tossed into the chipper all Fargo like

I would like the cop to investigate dblack. Not sure who the jailer should lock up.

If someone says straight out you are meeting with other players and cheating and asking Wake to investigate, let see if you take it calmly. There is no reason for that except to divide folks.

Maybe you weren't prepared for that type of psychology being used in the game. If I'm not guilty of whatever I'm being accused, I'll just throw it back at them....sort of like Bones did. And nobody is being divided, unless you are taking it personally. I just looked at it as Rosie being her blunt self and trying to get someone upset and you let her get you upset.

Your reaction could also be interpreted as a sneaky way for someone that is Scum to make us think they are not Scum, by acting all defensive....anyway, that's the way I'm considering that angle.

Forum List

Back