Official Usmb Mafia Game #5: A Game Of Fire And Ice (day 6)

I still suspect House has played before. :p
Yep....I noticed he signed in on the new game as "/in" - the way they do in MafiaScum. Of course, he could've just been copying them....after checking that site out.:)

Wolf said she had seen him in the que over there. I have trouble believing he is new to the game. I still think he was sandbagging us.

Like an experienced scummer would fake claim day vig.

I thought you were one of the smart ones over here, Sam?

You always want to be very careful about lying. Only do it if you know it isn't verifiable.

Lynch all Liars is a cornerstone of Mafia for good reason. :p

Because people are boring idiots?

I wouldn't really say that. Mafia's a really complex game.

When Scumhunting you're trying as hard as you can to find Scumtells, which are signs that someone's guilty. Scum need to lie in order to stay latent. I'd spend hours of active engagement and interrogation just to grasp a few deceitful lies or discrepancies. If someone makes a lie, and it's verified as a lie, I would jump on it immediately to try and unravel it as best I can.

As Town you can be very unboring. Let's say you like interrogating folks. Well, there's no cap on that. You can go nuts on it, taking it to as much of an extent as you want, while having fun at it, too. This goes for aggression, too. (Note that one can be aggressive and civil). When I'm looking for entertainment I tap into my aggressive side and do everything I can to yank out information and genuine reactions. I've caught nervous Scum and frustrated Townies that way. Basically what I'm trying to say is that you can do practically anything to have fun in this game. There are only a few restraints in Mafia.

If you glance into my ongoing game, that opinion will change pretty quick.

You'll get good experience.

I'm still learning subtle tactics and refined psychological techniques in order to control and persuade the other players.

House isn't that experienced. He still fell for the revelation of me being ice immune and jumping to lynch me despite me basically saying it was a trap. He's just charismatic and logical. He'll be deadly in a few games.

I need to roll scum on this board. :S

House isn't that experienced. He still fell for the revelation of me being ice immune and jumping to lynch me despite me basically saying it was a trap. He's just charismatic and logical. He'll be deadly in a few games.

Wrong, I voted you for your self vote. I srsly dislike anti-town behavior.

Where I screwed up was voting for you due to your self-vote DESPITE the silly gambit that you outed way too early.

You always want to be very careful about lying. Only do it if you know it isn't verifiable.

Lynch all Liars is a cornerstone of Mafia for good reason. :p

Because people are boring idiots?

I wouldn't really say that. Mafia's a really complex game.

When Scumhunting you're trying as hard as you can to find Scumtells, which are signs that someone's guilty. Scum need to lie in order to stay latent. I'd spend hours of active engagement and interrogation just to grasp a few deceitful lies or discrepancies. If someone makes a lie, and it's verified as a lie, I would jump on it immediately to try and unravel it as best I can.

As Town you can be very unboring. Let's say you like interrogating folks. Well, there's no cap on that. You can go nuts on it, taking it to as much of an extent as you want, while having fun at it, too. This goes for aggression, too. (Note that one can be aggressive and civil). When I'm looking for entertainment I tap into my aggressive side and do everything I can to yank out information and genuine reactions. I've caught nervous Scum and frustrated Townies that way. Basically what I'm trying to say is that you can do practically anything to have fun in this game. There are only a few restraints in Mafia.

When I try to be unboring I get yelled at.

Lynch all liars is a stupid mantra. If that were the case SR would have mislynched for the night she played WIFOM darts with herself and lied, admitted that she was lying and so on. It is a crap mantra because it is never practiced except when someone wants to take a short cut to explain their vote without explaining their vote which is in itself anti-town.

Yep....I noticed he signed in on the new game as "/in" - the way they do in MafiaScum. Of course, he could've just been copying them....after checking that site out.:)

Wolf said she had seen him in the que over there. I have trouble believing he is new to the game. I still think he was sandbagging us.

Like an experienced scummer would fake claim day vig.

I thought you were one of the smart ones over here, Sam?

I technically never claimed day vig I just alluded to that possibility as I alluded to almost every other possibility under the sun as well the night before and day of my lynch. It wasn't like I had the faintest clue you would pull that one out of your butt.

BTW I have been able to hide as vig by claiming vig in a way that everybody thought was a VT fake claim. I have been able to pull that hat trick off as doctor as well by claiming doc in a fake way and then claiming a less than doc protect that used up their powers by mid game when I was still doc and had all my shots to protect left while simultaneously driving scum off a player whom they thought I was protecting on nights I wasn't protecting them.

Smart? No way. If I were smart, I wouldn't play this game ;)

:eek: Would we be able to see a different gameplay? :cool:

Town would just need to lynch Avatar Day 1 and Gath Day 2. One of the two would out you as scum if they can't keep playing too

Yes but it would take work. My scumgame is much better than my town game. This was one of my best towngames.

Yes but it would take work. My scumgame is much better than my town game.

Based on Game 3, that would have to be the case.

[/QUOTE] This was one of my best towngames. [/QUOTE]

That saddens me. "Trust me because I am me" really wasn't working so well for town. Wolf and Cafe turned that last lynch off the coincidence between the fakeclaim and my prior blather.

This was one of my best towngames. [/QUOTE]

That saddens me. "Trust me because I am me" really wasn't working so well for town. Wolf and Cafe turned that last lynch off the coincidence between the fakeclaim and my prior blather.[/QUOTE]

And if I wanted, I could have simply avoided it by rushing in with a v/la right after Wolf asked me to vig Aye & killed her that night.

As I said, I was just ready to move on.

This was one of my best towngames.

That saddens me. "Trust me because I am me" really wasn't working so well for town. Wolf and Cafe turned that last lynch off the coincidence between the fakeclaim and my prior blather.[/QUOTE]

And if I wanted, I could have simply avoided it by rushing in with a v/la right after Wolf asked me to vig Aye & killed her that night.

As I said, I was just ready to move on.[/QUOTE]

I get like that by Day 3. I am usually like that by Day 2 LOL. The games take too long trying to account for people who might be able to play only 1 day a week.

As I said, I was just ready to move on.

One has to wonder how the game would have ended had you played that V/LA.

This was one of my best towngames. [/QUOTE]

It would not have mattered if you had not said anything, the claim made no sense, especially his saying he discovered it along the course of the game sometime. His claimed reeked, even without your supposition of VIG returning.

Yes but it would take work. My scumgame is much better than my town game. This was one of my best towngames.

Yep, it's going to be hard for you to not sound like scum........Math, on the other hand, sounds too Town.

Forum List

Back