Official Usmb Mafia Game #5: A Game Of Fire And Ice (day 6)

Oh and were there two actions?

Something which you said would happen Day 4 and then you later said something would manifest Day 5 or was all of that you removing SR's PR?

Yeah, and why didn't Wake put it in the GT.....I thought SR was using another of her gambits, to see if Ice would come after her deliberately, after she had FOS House.

Wolf, as soon as me and Cafe saw where a PR was mentioned, we both were saying WTF! We knew it was game over then. We just had to get you to see what we did.

Yep, I'm glad you guys were there with me at that point because you were not under scum's influence and I knew right then that I had to say everything because something was not right with how townie all my suspects were acting and I finally figured it out when he wouldn't shoot you like I asked him too. :p

I started thinking you were Scum when you kept insisting that you wouldn't vote for House. I figured you had done the math and knew there were only three that would vote to have you lynched "math, Aye, Cafe"....., so as long as you had House, you wouldn't be lynched because SR was on House and House kept saying you were Town....of course, if those three (Math, Aye, Cafe) had voted for you, I'm sure House would have found some excuse to hammer you or at least get a NL.

Yeah, it got to the point where I think House wanted me with him at lylo so he could win. But the problem is, he wouldn't take his shot and math and Aye started acting like total townies and something wasn't right. I was trying to save him if he did have it so town could win but once things didn't seem right and he wouldn't take a shot that had me wondering.

Plus, I told him in the thread several times he should come out in the GT but he wouldn't do it. So yeah, I finally decided to give Aye and Cafe the info. and of course when he wouldn't defend himself, he knew he was done.

Well, that was rather fast. I didn't really expect town to take it that fast :D

That feels rather good - towns first win on a big game. Cant wait for the next one :woohoo:

Wolf, as soon as me and Cafe saw where a PR was mentioned, we both were saying WTF! We knew it was game over then. We just had to get you to see what we did.

Yep, I'm glad you guys were there with me at that point because you were not under scum's influence and I knew right then that I had to say everything because something was not right with how townie all my suspects were acting and I finally figured it out when he wouldn't shoot you like I asked him too. :p

I started thinking you were Scum when you kept insisting that you wouldn't vote for House. I figured you had done the math and knew there were only three that would vote to have you lynched "math, Aye, Cafe"....., so as long as you had House, you wouldn't be lynched because SR was on House and House kept saying you were Town....of course, if those three (Math, Aye, Cafe) had voted for you, I'm sure House would have found some excuse to hammer you or at least get a NL.

Yeah, it got to the point where I think House wanted me with him at lylo so he could win. But the problem is, he wouldn't take his shot and math and Aye started acting like total townies and something wasn't right. I was trying to save him if he did have it so town could win but once things didn't seem right and he wouldn't take a shot that had me wondering.

Plus, I told him in the thread several times he should come out in the GT but he wouldn't do it. So yeah, I finally decided to give Aye and Cafe the info. and of course when he wouldn't defend himself, he knew he was done.

Frankly, I just got tired of the game and was ready to move on.

I knew things would go down pretty quick when I admitted to the PR claim in GT.

That's because you figured out what was going to eventually happen.

That's because you figured out what was going to eventually happen.

Yep....once you get caught in a lie, it's pretty hard to get out of it. I wanted to lie about the shield I stole, but decided that I wasn't experienced enough to figure my way out if one of the more experienced players started quizzing me....so that's why I decided to crumb my role, but it seemed like no one was picking up on it....(after reading the Scum QT's, I see that Scum did pick up on it). Once I was at L-1, I decided to claim - I had been checking out an on-going game on Mafia.Scum where a Scum had fake claimed Doc and he was able to live till the end of the game....I figured at least I would be telling the truth, and sure enough, telling the truth helped.

You always want to be very careful about lying. Only do it if you know it isn't verifiable.

Lynch all Liars is a cornerstone of Mafia for good reason. :p

Yep, Mertex's doc claim was believable and I dropped pegging her as scum as soon as she outed it just like I stopped pegging SR as scum once Cafe outed herself-at my insistence of course. And when House kept trying to tell me SR was lying, I wouldn't believe it because I knew she had to be telling the truth.

But in House and Sameech's case is they could not get out of their lies once they started to get questions asked about them that they had to be specific about couldn't answer that would makes us think they were telling the truth.

I doubt I'll ever lie or gambit as town. I see no reason for it. But as scum-sure. But just make sure it is one that you can back up. Not easy at all.

And as a side note on self-hammering because I saw it come up in the QT's, Sameech-you very well can and should hammer yourself as scum so town can't question you any more to protect your partner. It DOES play to your wincon as scum to do so. That is why House kept asking you to do it. That is why SR asked me to unvote to get you off L-1. Self-hammering as scum IS acceptable game play. Doing it as town is WRONG and can even result in a modkill at the main site. Don't do that. And now I know why House was thanking me for hammering you Sameech and SR was doing a facepalm. I was only helping YOU.

I still suspect House has played before. :p

Also, never mention being a PR in your Neighborhood. You can knew know for sure who's what in them. :D

Only claim being a PR when at L1. And even then, if there's wiggle room, maybe wait and see if your wagon deteriorates first.

As a VT, try crumbing being a PR, or anything else that could draw the NK. I scour the WIki looking for a very convincing and timely claim, and start slowly and deliberately crumbing it throughout the game. Good crumbs are subtle, too. If I'm a Bomb or Paranoid Gun Owner, I'll crumb being a certain kind of PR. A danger with crumbing is hinting at being the Cop or Doc, and then having those actual players go nuts thinking you're Scum, and potentially compelling them to out themselves. I've seen it before, and Scum loves it when that happens.

Also, never mention being a PR in your Neighborhood. You can knew know for sure who's what in them. :D

Only claim being a PR when at L1. And even then, if there's wiggle room, maybe wait and see if your wagon deteriorates first.

As a VT, try crumbing being a PR, or anything else that could draw the NK. I scour the WIki looking for a very convincing and timely claim, and start slowly and deliberately crumbing it throughout the game. Good crumbs are subtle, too. If I'm a Bomb or Paranoid Gun Owner, I'll crumb being a certain kind of PR. A danger with crumbing is hinting at being the Cop or Doc, and then having those actual players go nuts thinking you're Scum, and potentially compelling them to out themselves. I've seen it before, and Scum loves it when that happens.

I would strongly recommend only claiming at L-1 with intent to hammer stated. I don't fully understand the crumbing PR's when VT or when scum or when you are an actual PR thing and when to do it. I can see scum doing it to out the PR's but that will get them lynched too. I can see trying to draw the NK if you know there's a PR in trouble and you are a VT or doing it if you are 1-shot BP for sure. It would be somewhat stressful as a PR to know when to come out if you see someone crumbing what you have because you don't know if it is scum or someone trying to draw the NK instead. So yeah, I've never looked into this too much but I can see how it could be pretty important in a game.

I would strongly recommend only claiming at L-1 with intent to hammer stated. I don't fully understand the crumbing PR's when VT or when scum or when you are an actual PR thing and when to do it. I can see scum doing it to out the PR's but that will get them lynched too. I can see trying to draw the NK if you know there's a PR in trouble and you are a VT or doing it if you are 1-shot BP for sure. It would be somewhat stressful as a PR to know when to come out if you see someone crumbing what you have because you don't know if it is scum or someone trying to draw the NK instead. So yeah, I've never looked into this too much but I can see how it could be pretty important in a game.

If you wait until a PR is at L-1, a VT crumbing isn't going to help and they wouldn't know that the person at L-1 is a PR had they not crumbed the hell out of it.

In a game with limited protects, scum crumbing PR is a way to possibly cause town to waste their protect on them BTW

Wake for the very reason you described, I do not like crumbing unless it can catch scum or you are the cop or faking being cop. Crumbs should be missed in play but obvious to anyone looking.

Cops should not cc crumbs as vts can crumb cop to take a bullet.

Yep....I noticed he signed in on the new game as "/in" - the way they do in MafiaScum. Of course, he could've just been copying them....after checking that site out.:)

Yep....I noticed he signed in on the new game as "/in" - the way they do in MafiaScum. Of course, he could've just been copying them....after checking that site out.:)

Wolf said she had seen him in the que over there. I have trouble believing he is new to the game. I still think he was sandbagging us.

Yes, it's how you join a newbie. You /in or /in for next in the newbie queue and get put in a game as soon as enough people sign up. If they have to confirm their role in a game, they will post /confirm in the thread. It's a mafiascum thing. So were my questions at the beginning of the game BTW. It's very common play there.

Wolf said she had seen him in the que over there. I have trouble believing he is new to the game. I still think he was sandbagging us.

He's in a newbie there. It's ongoing so that's all I'll say about it but I can /confirm he is in his first newbie there. LOL

Of course, he could of played for awhile at a site I'm not aware of like Team Liquid or Epic Mafia. I don't go to those sites so who knows? Or he just read the Wiki and watched enough games to know enough to play well. He has no reason to lie postgame if this was a scum tactic of his.

Forum List

Back