Official USMB Mafia Game #9: Battle for Cityville

I think Rosie would be happy with any lynch that isn't her.

Something wrong with a town win?

Town winning is as rare as hen's teeth.

We ought be able to pull one off by now.

Regards from Rosie

So if anybody is lynched but you, that will result in a town win?

What amazing logic. I must sheep it and refrain from scumhunting & instead focus on self-preservation!

Except... not!

I think Wolfie's wrong and you're scum.

How you got that so twisted I have no idea.

Let's lynch Wake and then you.

That will be of benefit to town.....untwisted Scumhunting.

Regards from Rosie

Let's just lynch Wake for now. I'm not up for chaining lynches right now. Wondering why you are.

Would you put it past Wake to bus House?

That is about the only thing Wake has posted.

Wake's letting it stand this long - and House being snotty, as well, lends his bussing credibility.

Regards from Rosie

You weren't asking me but I want more discussion so I may as well answer too.

I have no doubt wake would bus his mother if they both rolled scum and it helped an objective. Especially day one.

Wake is an acceptable option to me at this point. Be nice if he said more to get a.clearer view.

Right now I could look at wake or fa seriously.

I think Rosie would be happy with any lynch that isn't her.

Something wrong with a town win?

Town winning is as rare as hen's teeth.

We ought be able to pull one off by now.

Regards from Rosie

So if anybody is lynched but you, that will result in a town win?

What amazing logic. I must sheep it and refrain from scumhunting & instead focus on self-preservation!

Except... not!

I think Wolfie's wrong and you're scum.

How you got that so twisted I have no idea.

Let's lynch Wake and then you.

That will be of benefit to town.....untwisted Scumhunting.

Regards from Rosie

Let's just lynch Wake for now. I'm not up for chaining lynches right now. Wondering why you are.

Would you put it past Wake to bus House?

That is about the only thing Wake has posted.

Wake's letting it stand this long - and House being snotty, as well, lends his bussing credibility.

Regards from Rosie

Wake can, will, and has bussed his scum partners and House will as well. I don't see what Wake is doing is bussing. I'm more concerned about him asking for claims-which he did last time as scum and misrepping my anger as scummy when he's seen me be angry as town many times. That said, he did seem interested in a House lynch and didn't say why. And I know he's busy, but he active lurked as scum in the last game and admitted doing it in the QT.

Wake

Do you intend to participate in this game or not? You have not put anything gameworthy out here for us yet, other than the one post I referred to yesterday morning (I think) where you appear to be playing your typical scum game. I intend to change my vote to you by the end of the day if you haven't made any other effort in this game.

You claim you are busy - so what! You aren't the only one. The rest of us can find time to post, and so can you. I do not mean fluff posts either.

I actually agree with the logic on wake thus far. Wake is hard to read though. I could lynch either Aye or Wake at this point.

You want to lynch me? Go ahead. If you are scum, I'm sure you'll give it your best shot since they don't want townies in the game. If you succeed in getting me strung up, expect my townies to come looking for you next.

By the way, what are your reasons for wanting to lynch me?

I don't see FA. He is making sense to me - he hasn't always done so in the past.

Avatar, btw, is playing the same town game he typically does.

Unlike others, I don't find Aye with a temper to be Scum.

Same goes for Wolf.

Nutz is doing pretty well as a noob.

That leaves 2!

Regards from Rosie

We do have a majority who would be inclined to lynch wake. The question is do we wait till he has time to respond or should we push a lynch toward. Doesn't really matter to me either way as long as we are playing the game and not just sitting around doing nothing.

Give him another day to respond. He's busy but that doesn't mean he can't take 10 minutes to answer us. If he can't even do that, he shouldn't sign up in the first place. So one more day for Wake IMO is good.

So you guys are all scumming Wake because he hasn't been around and because of his performance in past games...no other reasons?

We won Fire and Ice-game 5 and that's about it which is sad. It's hard for town to win in these games though unless scum are super obvious. It's much easier late game to use process of elimination.

We won Fire and Ice-game 5 and that's about it which is sad. It's hard for town to win in these games though unless scum are super obvious. It's much easier late game to use process of elimination.
Let's say you are 100% positive Wake is scum...wouldn't it be more advantages to wait until D2 to lynch him and control the process of elimination - given that being wrong on both accounts has the same end result.

Let's say you are 100% positive Wake is scum...wouldn't it be more advantages to wait until D2 to lynch him and control the process of elimination - given that being wrong on both accounts has the same end result.

If there is no better candidate, then he's a good choice. If someone was scummier, then we could change it. In larger games D1 lynches often hit town because it's easier for scum to hide. We can wait and let him speak but he active lurks as scum so he needs to post in the next day or two.

Nutz, if you go read the game I hosted here (Halloween)Official USMB Mafia Game 8 Gremlins Goblins and Ghouls Oh my US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum , you'll get an interesting insight into Wake's game play. His posts in this game practically mirror that game, in which he was scum.
Why would he use the same strategy twice, or keep on with that strategy if you have called him out on it?

I've mentioned him in a post today, to see if he will answer for himself. He'd use the same strategy here because he may think some of the players won't remember his previous game play and/or that the new ones won't bother to go read up on his prior games to see how his play style is. All in all, it's a gamble he's willing to take.

I actually agree with the logic on wake thus far. Wake is hard to read though. I could lynch either Aye or Wake at this point.

You want to lynch me? Go ahead. If you are scum, I'm sure you'll give it your best shot since they don't want townies in the game. If you succeed in getting me strung up, expect my townies to come looking for you next.

By the way, what are your reasons for wanting to lynch me?

This is so tryhard. It's obvious that townies will suspect anyone who pushes a mislynch wagon, and Aye is trying to manipulate that common knowledge to derail her wagon.

Nutz, if you go read the game I hosted here (Halloween)Official USMB Mafia Game 8 Gremlins Goblins and Ghouls Oh my US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum , you'll get an interesting insight into Wake's game play. His posts in this game practically mirror that game, in which he was scum.
Why would he use the same strategy twice, or keep on with that strategy if you have called him out on it?
Not really strategy but general posting style and tone - they are hard to change and sometimes quite obvious when you try.

I have not played many games with wake as an active participant but Wolf has pointed out some solid logic and some possible tells. That is more than I have on anyone else so Wake is the best candidate so far.

Like wolf stated, unfortunately day one tends to hit town because of sheer numbers. The best we can do is take down the player that has the best scum case against them.

Did someone mention that town rarely wins?
Here that seems to be the case. To much drama on this board makes the games much more 'hot' and tends to block out more constructive criticism. I tend to think that scum have the advantage anyway as all they need to do is act like town.

Forum List

Back