Oh, SNAP! the far right myths are snapped

But I still believe living in your type of world has some interesting ideas.

You come upon a pretty bad accident.......do you ignore it and drive on.....or stop and see if you can negotiate some pay for the help you could give?

If you contracted me for service can I deny that service at the time you need my services most? Unless you pay me more.

No morality means the agreement we reached doesn't mean jack shit. Right. Morals are non existent so the constraints put up by trying to behave in a moral manner are also gone. Agreements don't mean much.

Interesting.

1. I keep going. I do not have the time, the skills or the tools to help out in such a situation.

2. If there is no legal document stating the terms of the agreement, you're more than free to change the terms. Now if there IS a legal contract then that remains in effect.

Morality exists. It's simply a matter that Morality is much more about honor, doing what's Right and taking care of oneself than about helping anyone else.

You come upon a pretty bad accident.......do you ignore it and drive on.....or stop and see if you can negotiate some pay for the help you could give?

If you contracted me for service can I deny that service at the time you need my services most? Unless you pay me more.

No morality means the agreement we reached doesn't mean jack shit. Right. Morals are non existent so the constraints put up by trying to behave in a moral manner are also gone. Agreements don't mean much.

Interesting.

1. I keep going. I do not have the time, the skills or the tools to help out in such a situation.

2. If there is no legal document stating the terms of the agreement, you're more than free to change the terms. Now if there IS a legal contract then that remains in effect.

Morality exists. It's simply a matter that Morality is much more about honor, doing what's Right and taking care of oneself than about helping anyone else.

Your distorted definition of "morality" is just a cloak to hide your selfish hatred for everyone that doesn't agree with you.

If there is no legal document stating the terms of the agreement, you're more than free to change the terms. Now if there IS a legal contract then that remains in effect.
No more of that idea of your word being good. Used to be that a verbal agreement between two parties was as good as a paper agreement. Not in your world?

You think it "honorable" to drive by a severe accident without offering help? Honorable to break your word with someone because you think you see a situation you can profit more from?

How are those behaviors honorable and right? Doing what's "right" and "taking care of oneself" are not one and the same.

There have been documented cases where men in combat have given their lives to save the lives of their friends and fellow soldiers. One of the most noble, selfless acts man can take.

I bet you think that the soldier that sacrificed his life for others was a what??? Sucker? Had no morals? Had no honor?

Your shits raggedy dude.

A 3% fraud rate. So it be with Wall Street as well.

View attachment 35988

#4. Suppose there is a family of four, 3 "undocumented immigrants" with the youngest child being an American citizen because he is an anchor baby. I would think that the youngest child would qualify for SNAP. Is the SNAP benifit based on only the one child, or is it based on the family of four and their income? Does only the anchor baby eat the food bought with the SNAP benifits? If not, is that fraud? If it is fraud, is this included in the estimate of the 3% fraud rate?

I'm I wrong that the family can get SNAP benifits due to the anchor baby?

Look it up. It is your question.

Okay, I found this information from an article in the Huffington Post.

Are Anchor Babies Sinking the American Economy Michealene Cristini Risley

As far as healthcare, illegal aliens give birth to about 340,000 children nation wide each year, imposing tremendous medical costs on hospitals. Several hospitals, including ones in Stockton, CA and Dallas, TX, report as many as 70% of their deliveries are to non-residents. Similarly, since the parents of infant citizens still qualify for welfare in order to protect the child, the Center for Immigration studies estimates nearly $2 billion dollars goes to illegal aliens annually, in the form of food stamps and free lunches.

I would say that Myth #4 is confirmed.
I am not so sure Huff is right, but if so: then all the more reason to get everyone in the system.

Congress's legislative powers are enumerated in Section Eight:

The Congress shall have power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common defence[note 1] and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

General Welfare of the NATION, not the Citizens. The fact that you didn't know that, and that you probably didn't realize there's a difference doesn't surprise me much, considering the educational systems in this country over the last century.

You are not authoritative on any of this. Scoot along.

If they knew for sure the fraud rate was 3%, that means they would know how people are gaming the system and it would have been corrected by now. They are merely guessing to protect their own ineptness at running the programs. Even if it was only 3%, it adds up to a lot of money. A billion here and there adds up quickly.

I would venture to say that most don't get caught simply because there isn't a process to verify information or catch those who cheat.

My brother's ex wife brags about receiving benefits in three different states. I have no idea how things work, but she does it. She also has 3 Obama phones. I thought the limit was one. My sister called to report it, but states really don't care what people are doing in other states, so they get away with it. Because they don't investigate, it would not be included in the fraud stats.

Some people sell their food stamp money. Happens all the time at the local grocery store. Someone will go in with a friend and let them purchase $200 worth of groceries and pay with their EBT card. The friend turns around and gives them $100 in cash. Both are happy. It's called fraud, but that is not included in the stats either.

What about those who use their EBT cards for things other than necessities? That is also fraud, but not included in the stats.

Ah!, You're a Hedonist!

Given that, no one is bound to take you and your 'morality' seriously.

Hedonists are a majority of one and do not deserve the benefits of larger society.

Not a Hedonist or an Anarchist. More like a Conservative, Personal Responsibility advocate.
Personal responsibility has its place. But you interpretation of 'morality' is pure Hedonism.

Interesting.

No. You're a Hedonist. Right and wrong , so far as society is concerned, means nothing to you. Hedonists are basically self absorbed and with a feckless, boorish outlook on wider society.

You do not understand the concept of right and wrong. If you did, you would instantly realize the essential flw of the particular philosophy you champion.

View attachment 35988

#4. Suppose there is a family of four, 3 "undocumented immigrants" with the youngest child being an American citizen because he is an anchor baby. I would think that the youngest child would qualify for SNAP. Is the SNAP benifit based on only the one child, or is it based on the family of four and their income? Does only the anchor baby eat the food bought with the SNAP benifits? If not, is that fraud? If it is fraud, is this included in the estimate of the 3% fraud rate?

Your are wrong, only the child is entitle to benefits. To receive benefits: the parents must provide:
  • A birth certificate or other proof that the child is a US citizen and the child's social security number.
  • Proof of Immigration status must be provide for everyone in the household.
  • Proof of address must be provided
  • Proof of family earned income, pay check stubs) must be provided
  • Proof of unearned income (copies of benefit checks, etc)
  • Proof of self-employment income (copy of tax return, etc. )
  • Proof of assets, (bank accounts, etc)
  • Proof of Shelter costs (Landlord Verification Form)
  • Proof of Utility costs
  • Proof of Medical expenses for household members
  • Proof of Child care or adult care expenses
  • Proof of Court-ordered child support payments
After all documents and application are received the parent must schedule an interview to review all documents. The interviewer must be satisfied that the family meets all requirements which includes, citizenship and naturalization status of all family members are correct. After a successful interview. The family will receive a SNAP card with a credit to card each month for the amount the child would be entitled based on a family of 4, one being a US citizen. In California, if the family income were say $15,000 or less, the family benefit if all members were citizens would be about $400. A child's portion would be about $80/mo. If the family income were about $40,000/yr. Then a child's benefit would be $15/mo. So, in this family for range of family incomes, the total benefit the family would recieive would be between $15 and $80/mo.

http://www.massresources.org/snap-rules.html

View attachment 35988

Your are wrong, only the child is entitle to benefits. To receive benefits: the parents must provide:
  • A birth certificate or other proof that the child is a US citizen and the child's social security number.
  • Proof of Utility costs
After all documents and application are received the parent must schedule an interview to review all documents. The interviewer must be satisfied that the family meets all requirements which includes, citizenship and naturalization status of all family members are correct. After a successful interview. The family will receive a SNAP card with a credit to card each month for the amount the child would be entitled based on a family of 4, one being a US citizen. In California, if the family income were say $15,000 or less, the family benefit if all members were citizens would be about $400. A child's portion would be about $80/mo. If the family income were about $40,000/yr. Then a child's benefit would be $15/mo. So, in this family for range of family incomes, the total benefit the family would recieive would be between $15 and $80/mo.

You said that I'm wrong, then you posted information that proved me right. Oh the irony!

The problem with food stamps is not that they exist. The SNAP program is a drop in the bucket when it comes to government spending. The real problem is that it is kinda like a gateway drug. If SNAP helps deal with a problem, then other problems should be dealt with by more taxing and more spending by the government.

We've lost the focus. The best way to help poor people isn't with more taxes, it's with less taxes. Increase the net pay line on their pay stubs, and many people will no longer need SNAP benefits.

View attachment 35988

• Proof of Utility costs

You said that I'm wrong, then you posted information that proved me right. Oh the irony!

Oh, you are one of those. Confusing facts. Yeah, you are wrong, Joe..

View attachment 35988

• Proof of Utility costs

Oh, you are one of those. Confusing facts. Yeah, you are wrong, Joe..

How! According to the information posted by flopped, an otherwise "undocumented" family with an anchor baby can get SNAP benifits. If those benifits are used to buy food consumed by anyone other than the anchor baby, that's fraud. Do you really think the food will only be eaten by the anchor baby/child?

That does not prove your point, that alien families can apply for assistance. They can't. If the get it, that's fraud, something entirely different. You are a 'concrete' learner, aren't you?

View attachment 35988

• Proof of Utility costs

Sorry, I misread your last sentence. No I think the fraud rate of 3% is based on over-payment.

"Only 3 percent of all SNAP benefits represented over payments, meaning they either went to ineligible households or went to eligible households but in excessive amounts, and more than 98 percent of SNAP benefits were issued to eligible households."

During the recession the USDA Food and Nutrition Service was severely criticized because by congress because of the gross over payments and payments to ineligible applicants such as illegal immigrants. Procedures were changed so that all documents were reviewed and documents were randomly pulled for verification. If the interviewer suspects fraud, he may now ask for substantiating documentation and request validation of all documents.

Eligibility Food and Nutrition Service

No. You're a Hedonist. Right and wrong , so far as society is concerned, means nothing to you. Hedonists are basically self absorbed and with a feckless, boorish outlook on wider society.

You do not understand the concept of right and wrong. If you did, you would instantly realize the essential flw of the particular philosophy you champion.

I understand Right and Wrong PERFECTLY. It is you folks who believe that society defines those concepts and that they change over time who have no idea what Right and Wrong actually are.

Anathema, your statement is immoral.

LOL. Morality is defined by Right and Wrong not by feeling good about yourself.

It is not moral to allow people to steal from you or to support people who can't or won't support themselves.
"It's not moral to support people who can't support themselves." :cuckoo:
You have a rather strange sense of morality.

Fundraiser: "At this festive season of the year, Mr Scrooge, ... it is more than usually desirable that we should make some slight provision for the Poor and destitute, who suffer greatly at the present time. Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."

Scrooge: "Are there no prisons?"

Fundraiser: "Plenty of prisons..."

Scrooge: "And the Union workhouses. Are they still in operation?"

Fundraiser: "Both very busy, sir..."

Scrooge: "Those who are badly off must go there."

Fundraiser: "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."

Scrooge: "If they would rather die," said Scrooge, "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

============================

omg_smile.gif

Forum List

Back