Oh, SNAP! the far right myths are snapped

It is not moral to support those who cannot? Did you learn that in church?

I don't have a church. I answer to a higher power than religion.... Morality; which tells us that those who cannot provide for themselves are nothing more than a strain on society and do better by society by dying quietly on their own.
And how did you come to that conclusion? Would you consider it to be moral to provide the physically disabled to kill themselves? Or is providing anything to he infirmed, the elderly and the mentally addled immoral?

The citizens ARE the nation. Without the citizens there isn't any nation. The "common defense" applies to the citizens too.

So where do I go to get my US Soldier to personally guard me 24/7/365? SCOTUS has decided that's not even the job of the Police, nevermind the military. The Citizens, the States and the Nation are three very different things when one reads the Constitution. The Founders went so far as to make them very clearly separated in the Constitution; but you'd have to have actually read it to understand that

Obviously you don't understand any of it. And no, I am not going to waste my time educating someone so patently incapable of learning. Feel free to continue to wallow in your own ignorance and bigotry.

Bigotry? What bigotry?

The citizens ARE the nation. Without the citizens there isn't any nation. The "common defense" applies to the citizens too.

So where do I go to get my US Soldier to personally guard me 24/7/365? SCOTUS has decided that's not even the job of the Police, nevermind the military. The Citizens, the States and the Nation are three very different things when one reads the Constitution. The Founders went so far as to make them very clearly separated in the Constitution; but you'd have to have actually read it to understand that

Obviously you don't understand any of it. And no, I am not going to waste my time educating someone so patently incapable of learning. Feel free to continue to wallow in your own ignorance and bigotry.

Bigotry? What bigotry?

I gather you have never read any of anathema's racist and misogynist posts before now.

It is not moral to support those who cannot? Did you learn that in church?

I don't have a church. I answer to a higher power than religion.... Morality; which tells us that those who cannot provide for themselves are nothing more than a strain on society and do better by society by dying quietly on their own.
You realize, of course, that "Morality" is not defined the way you think it is, right? In fact, the way you think morality is defined is exactly the opposite?

You realize, of course, that "Morality" is not defined the way you think it is, right? In fact, the way you think morality is defined is exactly the opposite?

Human Morality was defined by our ancestors when they first formed human societies. It has nothing to do with religion; only Right and Wrong.

Human Morality was defined by our ancestors when they first formed human societies. It has nothing to do with religion; only Right and Wrong.

The purpose of human society was mutual protection and support. Morality is nothing more than attempt to control behavior. Religions invented morality as the means to exercise that control.

How did you possibly conclude that not aiding the infirmed and the elderly as a noble, moral action! No where in society is that seen as an act of morality.

You are 180 degrees out of phase with morality.

Turning your back on those who need help the most is, in fact, an immoral action. You cannot defend your statements as morality given the known definition of morality.

How did you possibly conclude that not aiding the infirmed and the elderly as a noble, moral action! No where in society is that seen as an act of morality.

Turning your back on those who need help the most is, in fact, an immoral action. You cannot defend your statements as morality given the known definition of morality.

Very simple.... Under the basic definitions of Right and Wrong, the primary goal in life is to keep oneself alive and promote one's own well-being. Therefore helping others automatically becomes immoral since....

a. It helps those who are unable or unwilling to help themselves
b. It reduces one's ability to promote one's own well-being.

Very simple.... Under the basic definitions of Right and Wrong, the primary goal in life is to keep oneself alive and promote one's own well-being. Therefore helping others automatically becomes immoral since....

a. It helps those who are unable or unwilling to help themselves
b. It reduces one's ability to promote one's own well-being.
Ah!, You're a Hedonist!

Given that, no one is bound to take you and your 'morality' seriously.

Hedonists are a majority of one and do not deserve the benefits of larger society.

Ah!, You're a Hedonist!

Hedonists are a majority of one and do not deserve the benefits of larger society.

Not a Hedonist or an Anarchist. More like a Conservative, Personal Responsibility advocate.

ot a Hedonist or an Anarchist. More like a Conservative, Personal Responsibility advocate.

Very simple.... Under the basic definitions of Right and Wrong, the primary goal in life is to keep oneself alive and promote one's own well-being. Therefore helping others automatically becomes immoral since

And you expect nothing in return from your fellow man other than what you will give. Is that a fair statement?
If so,
You better hope two things.

1. If you have a volunteer fire/rescue dept, you hope that they don't know about your primary goals.

2. That you never need to call the fire/rescue department.

Be a real problem if the volunteer decided he thought like you. He wasn't gonna do anything other than keep himself alive and look to his well being. That won't involve any kind of going into a burning house or anything like that.

In the meantime your house just burnt down with you in it. Oh well. What goes around comes around I guess.
Seems your primary goal has some severe limitations.

Ah!, You're a Hedonist!

Not a Hedonist or an Anarchist. More like a Conservative, Personal Responsibility advocate.

So you do all your own Open Heart surgery too? After all you can't dump that responsibility on anyone else, right?

And you expect nothing in return from your fellow man other than what you will give. Is that a fair statement?.......

I don't expect anything for FREE. If I want something, I have to pay for it or provide adequate negotiated services to get what I want in return.

In regards to your volunteer FD issue..... We actually subscribe to the local FD and EMS services on a yearly basis, so they have been compensated for their services.

So you do all your own Open Heart surgery too? After all you can't dump that responsibility on anyone else, right?

I do my best to avoid being anywhere near a hospital. On those occasions when I cannot do that, I pay for the services through my medical insurance.

I do my best to avoid being anywhere near a hospital. On those occasions when I cannot do that, I pay for the services through my medical insurance.

Nope!

You are imposing on them to provide you with services that you should be taking personal responsibility for all by yourself.

Obviously you were lying when you said that you take "personal responsibility" when you just admitted that you don't.

Obviously you were lying when you said that you take "personal responsibility" when you just admitted that you don't.

Obviously you don't have the required pair of brain cells necessary to rub together. With that, I see no need to engage you in further discussion on this topic, or any other. Good Day and may the Gods have mercy on your Eternal Soul.

Nope!

You are imposing on them to provide you with services that you should be taking personal responsibility for all by yourself.

Talk about a real stupid conclusion. Give it a rest nut job.

Should you have said; "therefore helping other for free automatically becomes immoral since.....

But I still believe living in your type of world has some interesting ideas.
You come upon a pretty bad accident.......do you ignore it and drive on.....or stop and see if you can negotiate some pay for the help you could give?

If you contracted me for service can I deny that service at the time you need my services most? Unless you pay me more.

No morality means the agreement we reached doesn't mean jack shit. Right. Morals are non existent so the constraints put up by trying to behave in a moral manner are also gone. Agreements don't mean much.

Interesting.

Forum List

Back