Ok, if it's not heredity...

Ok, so it's a bullshit analogy. Got it.
Not at all. My point was that people, just like you, decided...with nothing to support their views but conventional wisdom...that the Irish were genetically stupid. Ditto with many other minority groups...and ditto with the notion that black people are genetically better at sports.

So conventional wisdom equals statistical evidence? :cuckoo:

Sorry dumbass. Bullshit analogy...FAIL!
God you are dense. There is no statistical evidence, you retard.

Sad to say, but your avatar...you are the first dog on the chain. :eusa_shhh:

btw, at one time the Irish were look on in much the same manner...as unintelligent, among other things. That didn't exactly hold true, did it? Unless you believe that they bred with some other group and evolved...lol.

Really? There was statistical data that suggested the Irish were less intelligent? I honestly didn't know that. I also can't find anything to support your claim online. Can you provide me with a link?
No, dillhole...people THOUGHT those things, there was no statistical evidence and yet people still made those connections.

Ok, so it's a bullshit analogy. Got it.
Not at all. My point was that people, just like you, decided...with nothing to support their views but conventional wisdom...that the Irish were genetically stupid. Ditto with many other minority groups...and ditto with the notion that black people are genetically better at sports.

I think she's saying just the opposite. Conventional wisdom DOES NOT equal statistical evidence, that's the entire point! :cool:

Hmmm... so when do we get to stop trying to pay for the sins of the past and move on? Are we just looking for the right social program and haven't found it yet?

Who's paying for sins?

And who is advocating paying for sins?

Not me...unless paying for sins is investing in education.

I think education is the key...the only key...to everything.

And I truly don't think that education is an expensive investment...and of all investments we could make, it has the best return.

That's nice that you think that education is the key. I also believe that education is extremely important. However, it doesn't really answer the question Amanda asked. I realize that discussing genetic differences between races is taboo in our society, but there are genetic differences nonetheless. What would be nice is if people would stop silencing anyone with a genuine interest in studying genetic differences between groups of people. As it stands now, all anyone has to do is call someone a 'racist' and the conversation is over. Sad.

if it is a genetic difference then explain Harry belafonte, Condi Rice, colin Powell, Sammy davis jr, Barak Obama.... were they just a few that didn't get this "genetic" thing that holds them back from being successful?

God you are dense. There is no statistical evidence, you retard.

Sad to say, but your avatar...you are the first dog on the chain. :eusa_shhh:

I know there is no statistical evidence to support your bullshit analogy, that's what I've been saying all along. :cuckoo:

Ravi = Epic Fail

Who's paying for sins?

And who is advocating paying for sins?

Not me...unless paying for sins is investing in education.

I think education is the key...the only key...to everything.

And I truly don't think that education is an expensive investment...and of all investments we could make, it has the best return.

That's nice that you think that education is the key. I also believe that education is extremely important. However, it doesn't really answer the question Amanda asked. I realize that discussing genetic differences between races is taboo in our society, but there are genetic differences nonetheless. What would be nice is if people would stop silencing anyone with a genuine interest in studying genetic differences between groups of people. As it stands now, all anyone has to do is call someone a 'racist' and the conversation is over. Sad.

if it is a genetic difference then explain Harry belafonte, Condi Rice, colin Powell, Sammy davis jr, Barak Obama.... were they just a few that didn't get this "genetic" thing that holds them back from being successful?
hmmm....according to MANIFOLD, the white blood in them overcame their genetic stupidity and allowed them to thrive.

hmmm....according to MANIFOLD, the white blood in them overcame their genetic stupidity and allowed them to thrive.

hmmmm, i missed that part....do you think Mani really meant that...? I didn't see his post, but i would bet he was joking around....at least i hope so!

hmmmm, i missed that part....do you think Mani really meant that...? I didn't see his post, but i would bet he was joking around....at least i hope so!

You missed it because I never said, nor implied any such thing. Whenever Ravi fails miserably, she resorts to posting lies.

He didn't say that, but I think based on the empirical evidence we can draw that conclusion.

He thinks statistics on standardized test scores point to lower intelligence in some ethnic groups.
Actually, that's not true. The stats ARE the evidence. It's just that they don't PROVE anything conclusively. And like I said earlier, they certainly don't disprove it either. But anyone with an intellectually honest, open mind can clearly see which side the stats favor. :eusa_whistle:
He thinks racial mixing will do away with any possibility of proving the truth of the statistics.

He thinks natural selection will pick intelligence over stupidity.

The successful black people you listed are the result of racial mixing...as are all black Americans for the most part.

You missed it because I never said, nor implied any such thing. Whenever Ravi fails miserably, she resorts to posting lies.
Really? Like the lie you told
She attacked me for suggesting that racial mixing is good for humanity.
:oops:

btw, at one time the Irish were look on in much the same manner...as unintelligent, among other things. That didn't exactly hold true, did it? Unless you believe that they bred with some other group and evolved...lol.

Really? There was statistical data that suggested the Irish were less intelligent? I honestly didn't know that. I also can't find anything to support your claim online. Can you provide me with a link?
Not the Irish in general but there is statistical evidence that Irish Catholics in northern Ireland score 15% lower on IQ tests than Irish Protestants.

Some ethnic groups have genetically inferior IQ’s

Not the Irish in general but there is statistical evidence that Irish Catholics in northern Ireland score 15% lower on IQ tests than Irish Protestants.

Why you hafta go off on the Irish ya daft twat?

Why you hafta go off on the Irish ya daft twat?
Because Mani is a dope and it saddens me.

I just reviewed this entire thread. Ravi didn't once address any actual point made by me or by xsited1. Instead she put words in our mouth and then proceeded to refute those words, that neither of us actually said. There is a term for this debate technique, it's called the strawman. And if Ravi didn't invent it, she sure has perfected it.

I'm curious, is there ANYONE here that hasn't been strawman'd by Ravi? Anyone?

That's kind of funny, Mani, because I believe the entire premise of your belief is a logical fallacy. You are mistakenly stating that correlation equals causation, are you not? Though you admit that standardized tests are not definitive proof you still claim that they favor one side of the argument...the side that claims racial heritage determines intelligence. That would ONLY be true if it was the most logical explanation. But it isn't and you've been given enough examples to know that it isn't.

So, do you you really think that racial genetics determine intelligence or not?

You are mistakenly stating that correlation equals causation, are you not?

I am not and I have not. That's another example of you putting words in my mouth.

I think intellectual potential, just like athletic potential, is determined by nature (i.e. genetics).

I am not and I have not. That's another example of you putting words in my mouth.

I think intellectual potential, just like athletic potential, is determined by nature (i.e. genetics).
Is that a yes or a no?

Is that a yes or a no?

The way you worded the question, no.

Forum List

Back