OK, I'll admit it, our friends on the left are correct; there IS a catch to the Trump tax cuts

The toxic asset buy back was an effort to stop a total financial meltdown.

TARP wasn't used to buy toxic assets, despite the name.

F & F participated

To the tune of over $1 trillion in crappy mortgages.

Which party deregulated the banking field?

Deregulated? When did that happen?
Forcing them to make loans to weak borrowers doesn't count as deregulation, FYI.
Link to that one trillion BS? Tarp was Bush and Paulson bailing out Wall Street and some financial institutions. What is that but paying them back for their toxic b*******?

TARP was voted on by Congress including Obama voted for it. Bush signed it. The worst bill ever. The Democrats could have stopped it but, they chose not to, in fact that passed more bailout money later. Yep and It was a trillion. Trying to lie again?
Look you God damn idiots LOL. He said 1 trillion dollars in bad Fannie and Freddie mortgages. He's wrong about that too 1 trillion in all loans...

Funny how you didn’t include all the Democrats, like Obama voted for TARP. Looks like your party as much about the rich as the other guys, hater dupe!
It probably probably had to be done to save the economy. And another trillion from Obama in the stimulus which worked barely. Another corrupt GOP World depression great job scumbags... And dupes.

Give money to the rich. That's how to save the economy?

Okay...

The democrat message seems to be that of taking all the money from everyone and allocating it to the communist masterclass, that should own everything and also, everyone. Yup, nothing could go wrong with that.

The toxic asset buy back was an effort to stop a total financial meltdown.

TARP wasn't used to buy toxic assets, despite the name.

F & F participated

To the tune of over $1 trillion in crappy mortgages.

Which party deregulated the banking field?

Deregulated? When did that happen?
Forcing them to make loans to weak borrowers doesn't count as deregulation, FYI.
Link to that one trillion BS? Tarp was Bush and Paulson bailing out Wall Street and some financial institutions. What is that but paying them back for their toxic b*******?

TARP was voted on by Congress including Obama voted for it. Bush signed it. The worst bill ever. The Democrats could have stopped it but, they chose not to, in fact that passed more bailout money later. Yep and It was a trillion. Trying to lie again?
Look you God damn idiots LOL. He said 1 trillion dollars in bad Fannie and Freddie mortgages. He's wrong about that too 1 trillion in all loans...

Funny how you didn’t include all the Democrats, like Obama voted for TARP. Looks like your party as much about the rich as the other guys, hater dupe!
It probably probably had to be done to save the economy. And another trillion from Obama in the stimulus which worked barely. Another corrupt GOP World depression great job scumbags... And dupes.

See, exposed your dishonesty twice now in one thread.

No, I'm gonna tongue his ass even more..mmmmmmmmmm
HE hasn't done a single thing I don't like........

but hey you had your mouth crazy glued to his dick.........for 8 years.......
Go for it I hear you're the pro around here

yep I am.....oh here's a wipe for that Obama jizz...you have a little in the left corner of your mouth
It's your calling. You stick to talking about sucking dick and wiping jizz.

Leave income taxation to the adults like me.

it's ok, you can live in your commie dreamworld.......but we'll take freedom and low taxation...no one is stopping you from giving more to the feds......show us how important you think they are!

look bucky you ah Everyone wants lower taxes but why should trump and friends score millions while white trash like you get scraps??

because you dipshits made the taxcode that way.

they pay a higher percentage of a higher amount....

I mean when you pay 20% of 50k
it's going to be less of a cut then 35% or 1 billion

why do you guys use the percentage (cuts on spending) on some subjects and total dollars on others (cuts on taxes)

You heard that on CNN or?

Let's make it as simple is possible, so you can understand it.

Government wants to force banks to give mortgages, banks still reject that.
Government threaten to sue banks for redlining and discrimination, banks still reject it.
Government offers banks to buy their mortgages to minimize their risks, banks accept it.

F&F buys mortgages from the banks. Banks use money received from F&F to issue more mortgages.
In order for F&F to buy more mortgages from the banks they repackage previously bought mortgages (good and bad) and sell them as AAA mortgage securities.
Money from sale they use to buy new mortgages from the banks.

Credit rating agencies were rating those securities as AAA because government claim they were the safest securities on the market.
When asked for audit of F&F, government rejected it.
Of course they were not safest securities and were doomed to flop.
When bubble popped, government blame private banks.

Now, replace word government with Democrats, and you'll get true picture.

That's short version, I doubt you could comprehend longer one.
Amazing how full of s*** you dupes are LOL.

And that is, ladies and gentlemen, typical leftist argument.

Keep voting for ruining the middle class and working class, Dupe, and the big giveaway to the rich...

I AM the middle class, soyboy!

You think I am voting against my own interests, I don't. Just as every typical leftist you think you know better than I do what's best for me. The only interests you care about are your own, and it seems I am voting against your interests, otherwise you wouldn't be whining this much.

We have this idiot, Ray, who can't figure out what "income" is:

And we have this Commie, Brouse, who believes government is more entitled to an Americans money than his family is.
And the giant give away to the rich and giant corporations continues dupe....

When I see you screeching about this over and over, I just wish congress gave to rich even bigger tax cut.

Razor. Vein. Do it, faggot.

Mortgage meltdown came from Clinton forcing banks to give "free" mortgages to those who can't pay for them, and Bush continuing with that policy.

How much 2% cut can save to middle class people a year, $1000? It's like winning the lottery, eh soyboy?
Funny how under Bush Worthy low income became anybody with a heartbeat... Fannie and Freddie lost two-thirds of their market share, and buddies of bush Regulators private financial institutions took over the market and gave us a world depression, great job scumbag GOP and silly dupes... They're probably at it again right now.

Who decides what is F&F market share?

You do know why they lost that market share, right?
Because of the Boom in BS Lending by chrony private lenders who are Pals of the GOP Regulators if you can call them that... D u h

I'm not surprised you know so little. That's why you vote D.

F&F were not regulated by GOP. In fact, every attempt to regulate them was rejected and blocked by the Dems.

You are just too fucking stupid to grasp that Republicans ran the House in 2004 & the Democrats could not stop shit.

He said 1 trillion dollars in bad Fannie and Freddie mortgages.

By 2000, Fannie was offering no-downpayment loans. By 2002, Fannie and Freddie had bought well over $1 trillion of subprime and other low quality loans.

Hey, Barney Frank: The Government Did Cause the Housing Crisis

DERP!
That is what is known as misleading propaganda, dupe. We're trying to talk about toxic loans and you're talking about subprime loans, and up until 2002 at that. That was when Fannie and Freddie lost 2/3 of their share of the market 2 independent Financial institutions that caused a world depression with their toxic loans. Poor GOP dupe...

We're trying to talk about toxic loans and you're talking about subprime loans,

Do you think the conforming loans are the ones that turned toxic?
Or was it the sub primes loans? The sub prime loans made to people with
low credit scores and small down payments?

Or the loans made to people with high credit scores and 20% down?

That was when Fannie and Freddie lost 2/3 of their share of the market

70% of all subprime mortgages by 2008. 70 fucking percent!!!!!
They made quite a comeback, wouldn't you say?
There is subprime and then there is toxic for crying out loud... Are you saying Fannie and Freddie was back to 70% of the market by 2008 ? Makes sense because by that time The Jig was up for the independent cronies of the GOP... Great job scumbag GOP and silly dupes like you...

There is subprime and then there is toxic for crying out loud..

What is the definition for toxic?
Are there more "toxic" mortgages among conforming loans or among subprime loans?

Are you saying Fannie and Freddie was back to 70% of the market by 2008 ?

They weren't 70% of the market, they held 70% of subprime mortgages.

By 2000, Fannie was offering no-downpayment loans. By 2002, Fannie and Freddie had bought well over $1 trillion of subprime and other low quality loans.

DERP!
That is what is known as misleading propaganda, dupe. We're trying to talk about toxic loans and you're talking about subprime loans, and up until 2002 at that. That was when Fannie and Freddie lost 2/3 of their share of the market 2 independent Financial institutions that caused a world depression with their toxic loans. Poor GOP dupe...

Let me explain something to you:

The two major loans banks give are prime loans and subprime loans.

Prime loans are when the bank lends you their own money. To get such a loan, you need outstanding credit, a history of working with the same company for some time, and a reasonable down payment.

Subprime loans are for people that can't get prime loans because of the requirements. They were created at the end of the Carter administration. They are also loans that will be sold off in the market.

So the banks make money from the transaction, sell them off to other people, and because they are less than standard loans, the are usually given on the terms of an Adjustable Rate Mortgage, or ARM for short.

With an ARM, interest rates are subject to rise. When you get a loan for 2% or 3%, there is only one way they can go, and that is up. Because banks were pressured by the government to make loans, they used subprime.

So what you had are people that were not credit worthy getting loans, and when the interest rates increased, they were no longer able to repay those loans; the banks foreclosed. And that's the story behind the housing bubble and crash.
Funny how Fannie and Freddie Etc found worthy subprime candidates, while after 2002 the GOP non-regulated Independents found millions of toxic people... Blaming it on Fannie and Freddie is a joke. they lost two-thirds of their 70% of the market when the scam took over in 2002. great job GOP and silly dupes...

Funny how Fannie and Freddie Etc found worthy subprime candidates

They found so many worthy, subprime candidates that they needed a $170 billion bailout.
Funny indeed.

Let me fill you in on a little something here: F and F has a boss, and that boss is HUD. HUD creates the lending guidelines that F and F has to enforce.

When Andrew Cuomo was appointed by Clinton to be the head of HUD, he was not only the youngest person to be appointed, but the most inexperienced as well.

It was Cuomo who created the 0% down and no credit checks to support Clinton's efforts to increase minority home ownership. If you clicked on any of my links, you will see those were written before the housing crash, and that F and F diminished their requirements for loans.

It didn't have an immediate effect because the economy was going downhill; especially after 911. But when Bush got the economy going again, so did the housing market.

Bush and the Republicans are to blame--but only partly because they didn't start all this. This was started by Clinton. They were both at fault for the housing bubble and crash.

All that, plus...

It's started few years before Cuomo became HUD secretary. Even during his candidacy, Clinton run on idea of using private pension funds to finance "government priorities", and when he got elected, he claim along with then HUD secretary Cisneros, that pension investments in affordable housing are "as safe as pension investments in stocks and bonds". Since that idea never took of because pension funds rejected it, they started pressuring banks into giving subprime loans.

Just as Reagan policies caused S&L crisis ($220B bailout), Clinton policies such as CRA of 1995, and TRA of 1997, and repeal of Glass-Steagall Act in late 1999, same policies continued by Bush caused last financial crisis.

Then lefties claim... "it happened under Bush", because that's all they've been told, and all they know. Yes, crash itself did happened under Bush, but cause of the crash has its roots in bad Democrat policies. Like pretty much every other Democrat policy, when in full effect, it fuck us up badly, and for a long time.

Give money to the rich. That's how to save the economy?

Okay...

The democrat message seems to be that of taking all the money from everyone and allocating it to the communist masterclass, that should own everything and also, everyone. Yup, nothing could go wrong with that.
Actually, brainwashed functional Doom cough, Democrats want to tax the bloated rich their fair share and invest in the middle class and working class. Enjoy the giant tax cut for the rich. Healthcare and the living wage and a vacation and parental leave are not communism just intelligent and just policy.

yep I am.....oh here's a wipe for that Obama jizz...you have a little in the left corner of your mouth

it's ok, you can live in your commie dreamworld.......but we'll take freedom and low taxation...no one is stopping you from giving more to the feds......show us how important you think they are!

look bucky you ah Everyone wants lower taxes but why should trump and friends score millions while white trash like you get scraps??

why do you guys use the percentage (cuts on spending) on some subjects and total dollars on others (cuts on taxes)
The GOP has Controlled tax rates basically since Reagan d u h.

DERP!

Prime loans are when the bank lends you their own money. To get such a loan, you need outstanding credit, a history of working with the same company for some time, and a reasonable down payment.

Subprime loans are for people that can't get prime loans because of the requirements. They were created at the end of the Carter administration. They are also loans that will be sold off in the market.

So the banks make money from the transaction, sell them off to other people, and because they are less than standard loans, the are usually given on the terms of an Adjustable Rate Mortgage, or ARM for short.

With an ARM, interest rates are subject to rise. When you get a loan for 2% or 3%, there is only one way they can go, and that is up. Because banks were pressured by the government to make loans, they used subprime.

So what you had are people that were not credit worthy getting loans, and when the interest rates increased, they were no longer able to repay those loans; the banks foreclosed. And that's the story behind the housing bubble and crash.
Funny how Fannie and Freddie Etc found worthy subprime candidates, while after 2002 the GOP non-regulated Independents found millions of toxic people... Blaming it on Fannie and Freddie is a joke. they lost two-thirds of their 70% of the market when the scam took over in 2002. great job GOP and silly dupes...

They found so many worthy, subprime candidates that they needed a $170 billion bailout.
Funny indeed.
They joined in the scam late and that under pressure from the Bush Administration. 170 billion is like one quarter of the bailouts. Mainly it was the independent financial institutions, the GOP cronies, who took over the market in 2002- 2003.

Let me fill you in on a little something here: F and F has a boss, and that boss is HUD. HUD creates the lending guidelines that F and F has to enforce.

When Andrew Cuomo was appointed by Clinton to be the head of HUD, he was not only the youngest person to be appointed, but the most inexperienced as well.

It was Cuomo who created the 0% down and no credit checks to support Clinton's efforts to increase minority home ownership. If you clicked on any of my links, you will see those were written before the housing crash, and that F and F diminished their requirements for loans.

It didn't have an immediate effect because the economy was going downhill; especially after 911. But when Bush got the economy going again, so did the housing market.

Bush and the Republicans are to blame--but only partly because they didn't start all this. This was started by Clinton. They were both at fault for the housing bubble and crash.

All that, plus...

It's started few years before Cuomo became HUD secretary. Even during his candidacy, Clinton run on idea of using private pension funds to finance "government priorities", and when he got elected, he claim along with then HUD secretary Cisneros, that pension investments in affordable housing are "as safe as pension investments in stocks and bonds". Since that idea never took of because pension funds rejected it, they started pressuring banks into giving subprime loans.

Just as Reagan policies caused S&L crisis ($220B bailout), Clinton policies such as CRA of 1995, and TRA of 1997, and repeal of Glass-Steagall Act in late 1999, same policies continued by Bush caused last financial crisis.

Then lefties claim... "it happened under Bush", because that's all they've been told, and all they know. Yes, crash itself did happened under Bush, but cause of the crash has its roots in bad Democrat policies. Like pretty much every other Democrat policy, when in full effect, it fuck us up badly, and for a long time.
Funny how all the toxic assets were produced under Bushey regulation. GOP regulation is a joke sonny.

Bucky old boy can I pay 20% on this?
Day Change **

+$80,516.90

DERP!

Funny indeed.
They joined in the scam late and that under pressure from the Bush Administration. 170 billion is like one quarter of the bailouts. Mainly it was the independent financial institutions, the GOP cronies, who took over the market in 2002- 2003.

They joined in the scam late and that under pressure from the Bush Administration.

Under Clinton, 50% of the mortgages they bought had to be subprime.

170 billion is like one quarter of the bailouts.

That's a lot of money for organizations that had no involvement, eh?

Mainly it was the independent financial institutions,

The ones who ended up selling them to Fannie and Freddie.

The difference between subprime and toxic is GOP crony regulation. Also the difference between Fannie and Freddie having 75% of the market and 25% of the market.

All that, plus...

Funny how all the toxic assets were produced under Bushey regulation. GOP regulation is a joke sonny.

It was a combination of many events and many people, on both sides of the political spectrum. Most economists and most financial people will agree to that. They only ones still blaming the other party are political hacks that have no real comprehension of what happened and just want to blame the other party.

Again, it is blatantly dishonest at best. Seems that we know where you are at since you keep trying to lie about the events.

All that, plus...

I think the Republicans Fd up with a plan that turned against them. They allowed the Clinton policies to go on so THEY could take credit for higher minority home ownership during the Bush years. They moved a little too soft a little too late. But on the other hand, if they would have come down hard and swift, the Democrats would have accused them of robbing minorities out of owning their own homes.

Forum List

Back