Oklahoma’s Superintendent of “Education” will require Bible Study in all Public schools.

thats your claim,, but so far youve not shown any concern for the constitutionality of anything else when asked,,

so it can only lead me to believe youre anti religion not pro constitution

Really?

So far I have spoken out in support of the separation of church & state. And I have spoken out in favor of the 2nd amendment.

prove it,,

are all the laws on gun control constitutional or not??

All the gun laws? lol

There are far too many gun laws on the books, and you are not specifying any of them. Just a random "all gun laws".

As I said, start a thread on the 2nd amendment and I will happily join in.

But this thread is about posting the 10 commandments in classrooms and having Bible study in public schools.

Public schools should teach about all religions but also teach that America was founded on Judeo Christian morals and values. There is not and should be no 'Church of America' but teaching about religions is also guaranteed by freedom of religion.

Oklahoma’s state superintendent on Thursday directed all public schools to teach the Bible, including the Ten Commandments, in an extraordinary move that blurs the lines between religious instruction and public education.

The superintendent, Ryan Walters, who is a Republican, described the Bible as an “indispensable historical and cultural touchstone” and said it must be taught in certain grade levels.

Can anyone guess where Oklahoma ranks in Educational achievement?

If you guessed 50th you would be correct.

Besides being blatantly unconstitutional, we have the Chinese breathing down our throats as they make major advancements in science, and these Republicans want to bring our public education back to the dark ages. Why is it Pubs want to force down the throats of its residents their brand of Christianity (sorry Catholics) instead of having their kids attend parochial school? Teaching the Bible should stay with the Church. Oklahoma will continue to remain in last place and its children will be left behind as other states and their students get prepared for the future.
The American right wants to implememt its own version of Shari'a law.

All the gun laws? lol

There are far too many gun laws on the books, and you are not specifying any of them. Just a random "all gun laws".

As I said, start a thread on the 2nd amendment and I will happily join in.

But this thread is about posting the 10 commandments in classrooms and having Bible study in public schools.
soy you dont support the 2nd A as written under its original intent,,

a simple no would have saved time,,

so beings you favor unconstitutional gun laws how can you be taken serious about the 1st A and the constitutionality of something that pertains to it??

you are anti religion not pro 1st A,,

Public schools should teach about all religions but also teach that America was founded on Judeo Christian morals and values. There is not and should be no 'Church of America' but teaching about religions is also guaranteed by freedom of religion.

And classes that include all religions are not a problem.

It is when a politician orders the 10 Commandments in every school, and a Bible in every classroom, but no examples from other religions, you are promoting Christianity.

It is when a politician orders the 10 Commandments in every school, and a Bible in every classroom, but no examples from other religions, you are promoting Christianity.
why the fake outrage??

just say the truth that you hate christians and they shouldnt be allowed in public

soy you dont support the 2nd A as written under its original intent,,

a simple no would have saved time,,

so beings you favor unconstitutional gun laws how can you be taken serious about the 1st A and the constitutionality of something that pertains to it??

you are anti religion not pro 1st A,,

How about I just go do something else and let you answer for both of us. You seem eager to do just that.

No, I did not say I do not support the 2ndAmendment as written under its original intent.
But But But you didn’t use the exact words he wants so that means you hate the 2nd with all your heart and hate Christianity also.

Exactly. His type gets so mad when they want a Yes or No answer and I refuse to do so.

How about I just go do something else and let you answer for both of us. You seem eager to do just that.

No, I did not say I do not support the 2ndAmendment as written under its original intent.

Exactly. His type gets so mad when they want a Yes or No answer and I refuse to do so.
of course you said you dont support the 2nd A,,

it clearly says 'SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED"

that makes all gun control laws unconstitutional,,

so lets get back to why youre so anti religion,,

did one of those gay guys pretending to be a priest do something to you??

It's not unconstitutional to teach religious basics about Christianity or any other religion. Making that religion part of the State and preaching it to kids would be unconstitutional. A politician mandating the Bible and the 10 commandments be taught in public schools is not the establishment of a State religion it is part of human history. I would also recommend teaching other religions and what they are all about. No coercing, no preaching, just facts and history about the religion and the human history surrounding it. Give students ALL the information about religions of the world let them and US choose what we want to believe. I think a lot of folks would be astounded that MOST world religions are philosophically similar.

Last edited:
of course you said you dont support the 2nd A,,

it clearly says 'SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED"

that makes all gun control laws unconstitutional,,

so lets get back to why youre so anti religion,,

did one of those gay guys pretending to be a priest do something to you??

Or we could stay on the topic.

I do not hate religion. Not wanting religious posters from one faith to be in schools is not anti-religion. It is anti-theocracy.

Or we could stay on the topic.

I do not hate religion. Not wanting religious posters from one faith to be in schools is not anti-religion. It is anti-theocracy.
of course its anti religion,,

it sure isnt about the constitution like youre claiming,, youve made it clear you dont care about that part,,

Forum List

Back