Old cars suck | Change my mind

You missed the Yugo

People still love their Bugs....they are still on the road
Holy moly! I forgot about the Yugo.
My wife had a 1989 CRX we kept for at least 12 years, that thing was a blast to drive. It was so low to the ground you climbed down into it which gave it amazing cornering abilities at high speeds. The one major drawback was because it was so low to the ground and relatively small, like motorcycles other drivers just didn't always see it so one had to be on the defensive all the time.

crx1.jpg

That was one sweet little car.
Awesome story. It was my dream car in the 80s. What kind of mileage did you get?
Oh hell, I don't remember. The funny thing is my wife had never driven a stick before, her brother drove it off the lot and I had to teach her how to drive it...... :lol:
Cool car to learn to drive a stick. Just for shits and giggles I googled it and looks like the little car got 40 in the city and 48 highway. Wow.
Road and Track did an article back in 2017, Honda: Please Bring Back the CRX. Matt Farah (don't know who he is) took a B20 4 cylinder out of a 99' CRV Crossover and a 5 speed manual from an Integra and stuck it in a CRX.......... Doesn't seem like much but as light as the CRX is it apparently added 50% more horsepower.
Granted the stock CRX wasn't what one would consider fast on the straightaway but there's not a stock "muscle car" (not talking exotic like Lamborghinis) that could keep up with it on winding mountain/canyon roads.
Whats wrong with the Civic Type R? Its a much faster modern version CRX.

https%3A%2F%2Fapi.thedrive.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2017%2F07%2Fhondacivictyper-hero.jpg%3Fquality%3D85
Well it's a 4 cylinder toy to start

How can someone be so stupid as to brag that their tie rods break so often that they bring a welder where ever they go
It's a god damned car thread. Get over yourself.
I just think people that think breaking tie rods is normal are hysterical.....

If you break a rod on a dangerous incline you could be dead. And who the hell welds a part as critical as a tie rod anyway
How about everyone including factories you complete dumbass.
Well then Chrysler factories should use better metal then
And you should use better sense than to keep running your mouted after being reported for trolling.
You are the troll, you are just pissed that I pointed out that welding a critical part such as a tie rod is ignorant as a new rod is not all that expensive and would be safe.

You missed the Yugo

People still love their Bugs....they are still on the road
My wife had a 1989 CRX we kept for at least 12 years, that thing was a blast to drive. It was so low to the ground you climbed down into it which gave it amazing cornering abilities at high speeds. The one major drawback was because it was so low to the ground and relatively small, like motorcycles other drivers just didn't always see it so one had to be on the defensive all the time.

crx1.jpg

That was one sweet little car.
Awesome story. It was my dream car in the 80s. What kind of mileage did you get?
Oh hell, I don't remember. The funny thing is my wife had never driven a stick before, her brother drove it off the lot and I had to teach her how to drive it...... :lol:
Cool car to learn to drive a stick. Just for shits and giggles I googled it and looks like the little car got 40 in the city and 48 highway. Wow.
Road and Track did an article back in 2017, Honda: Please Bring Back the CRX. Matt Farah (don't know who he is) took a B20 4 cylinder out of a 99' CRV Crossover and a 5 speed manual from an Integra and stuck it in a CRX.......... Doesn't seem like much but as light as the CRX is it apparently added 50% more horsepower.
Granted the stock CRX wasn't what one would consider fast on the straightaway but there's not a stock "muscle car" (not talking exotic like Lamborghinis) that could keep up with it on winding mountain/canyon roads.
I think the Civic Type R is its equivalent. Its a much faster modern version CRX.

https%3A%2F%2Fapi.thedrive.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2017%2F07%2Fhondacivictyper-hero.jpg%3Fquality%3D85
It's ugly.

That 4 cylinder toy will smoke 99% of the cars on the road.

I think the Civic Type R is its equivalent. Its a much faster modern version CRX.

It's ugly.
So is the CRX.

Hey you, brainless illiterate dumb ass, learn to read. I said I've welded a lot of tie rods on Jeeps, not my tie rod. I have my tie rod mounted up high and out of the way. I also run high pinion differentials so the drive shafts are up high and away from the rocks.
The welder I have is used mostly on other peoples rigs. I think I've used it on my junk exactly once and it's a pain because I have to reverese the polarity from normal to weld on my own junk.
However in a pinch you can also use a couple of car batteries connected in series to weld with. It works rather well in fact. For MIG welding anyway but not for stick.

Welding tie rods is the dumbest and most dangerous thing I can imagine, in any situation. Again you said you have an underhood welder to fix your piece of shit jeep tie rods on the trail. A smarter thing to do would be to install quality tie rods before going on the trail for anyone. Seriously however thanks for the knowledge that jeeps have this serious tie rod problem and should not be off road for any reason, they also should not be on the road for any reason. There is a reason that Chrysler went bankrupt twice, you know it but can't connect the dots.
There are a lot of people on here that have no idea of what they are talking about but are more than willing to run off at the mouth anyway. Why?
They also can't read or comprehend worth a crap. I think I know the answer to that one though.
Agreed. How can someone be such a prick on a thread about cars?
How can someone be so stupid as to brag that their tie rods break so often that they bring a welder where ever they go
Don't worry, they deserve each other.

If you break a rod on a dangerous incline you could be dead. And who the hell welds a part as critical as a tie rod anyway
And you should use better sense than to keep running your mouted after being reported for trolling.
You are the troll, you are just pissed that I pointed out that welding a critical part such as a tie rod is ignorant as a new rod is not all that expensive and would be safe.
Now you get to be ignored. Stupidity offends me..

It's ugly.
So is the CRX.
Like I said before, each to their own...... :D

You got the muffler that makes it sound like the weed trimmer that it is

Now you get to be ignored. Stupidity offends me..
Enjoy that jeep with the welded rods

You got the muffler that makes it sound like the weed trimmer that it is
That weed trimmer beats a Hellcat on a track.

Many formula one cars have been four poppers.

A
And here's my TORCH. You've probably never even touched one... punk...
Welding is nothing spectacular ya know.
As a matter of fact, Dick, it really isn't. But as someone who has worked in heavy industry where they had a department of 20-30 welders where bad welds could mean lives I can tell you that finding a GOOD welder IS something very special. I don't get the feeling you're one of them.

Good welding is both an art and a science.

Soooooo, back on track (so to speak........). Here's a future classic, if you can afford it get one now as they're only going up in price.

Honda S2000

18udfoq39p9c4jpg.jpg

HondaS2000-004.jpg

Arguably the best car Honda ever made.

I
A
And here's my TORCH. You've probably never even touched one... punk...
Welding is nothing spectacular ya know.
As a matter of fact, Dick, it really isn't. But as someone who has worked in heavy industry where they had a department of 20-30 welders where bad welds could mean lives I can tell you that finding a GOOD welder IS something very special. I don't get the feeling you're one of them.

Good welding is both an art and a science.
I never claimed to be a good welder but when youre 30 miles out in the sticks, good enough will do till you can get it fixed proper. And yes I do know a good welder when I see one.
I had a pan deck put up last summer. It's a steel and concrete affair. The kid that did most of the welding was insanely good. His stick welds looked better than my TIG work and his TIG looked as if it had been MIG welded. All positions and some in very cramped and tight spaces. He used a truck mouted for the stick and a suitcase for the MIG. I almost hated him but as it was my deck, it was okay.

Soooooo, back on track (so to speak........). Here's a future classic, if you can afford it get one now as they're only going up in price.

Honda S2000

18udfoq39p9c4jpg.jpg

HondaS2000-004.jpg

The NSX was pretty awesome as well, though plated as an Acura.

Honda S2000

18udfoq39p9c4jpg.jpg

HondaS2000-004.jpg

The only really important thing to remember here is that cars are not machines in the conventional sense, there is no absolute better or worse, good or bad with them like an elevator or a pacemaker. Automobiles are as much a statement about the individual as they are about getting around, that is why there are literally 10,000 different sizes, shapes, styles, specs and colors. So the entire premise of this OP is lame brained about older cars and only speaks to one persons bias towards them as if his views were absolute. A 1940 Packard was as much a statement of the state of the art in its day on its roads then as any car today.

You like what you like, you drive what you drive and for whatever reason suits you. It is all the individual choices out there that make them so great.

Honda S2000

18udfoq39p9c4jpg.jpg

HondaS2000-004.jpg

The only really important thing to remember here is that cars are not machines in the conventional sense, there is no absolute better or worse, good or bad with them like an elevator or a pacemaker. Automobiles are as much a statement about the individual as they are about getting around, that is why there are literally 10,000 different sizes, shapes, styles, specs and colors. So the entire premise of this OP is lame brained about older cars and only speaks to one persons bias towards them as if his views were absolute. A 1940 Packard was as much a statement of the state of the art in its day on its roads then as any car today.

You like what you like, you drive what you drive and for whatever reason suits you. It is all the individual choices out there that make them so great.
Never said any differently. As for the claim that the S2000 was the best Honda ever made? That was the assessment of roadster aficionados. Me? I drive pickemup trucks........ They're multi purpose, that's my primary requirement, utility over looks.........

Forum List

Back