Old cars suck | Change my mind

Everything sucks on every VW
Those Beetles were great
Inexpensive, fun to drive, easy to maintain
Worst car ever sold in the United States. They did nothing well except "cute" and should have been euthanized twenty years before they finally were.
You missed the Yugo

People still love their Bugs....they are still on the road
Holy moly! I forgot about the Yugo.
My wife had a 1989 CRX we kept for at least 12 years, that thing was a blast to drive. It was so low to the ground you climbed down into it which gave it amazing cornering abilities at high speeds. The one major drawback was because it was so low to the ground and relatively small, like motorcycles other drivers just didn't always see it so one had to be on the defensive all the time.

crx1.jpg

That was one sweet little car.
Awesome story. It was my dream car in the 80s. What kind of mileage did you get?
Oh hell, I don't remember. The funny thing is my wife had never driven a stick before, her brother drove it off the lot and I had to teach her how to drive it...... :lol:
Cool car to learn to drive a stick. Just for shits and giggles I googled it and looks like the little car got 40 in the city and 48 highway. Wow.

I have been so far in the boonies first with my 92K blazer and now with my 2010 Nissan pathfinder that there was no cell phone service. Seriously if you feel that your Chrysler is such a piece of shit that you need a welder you should stay home. You are assuming that the broken tie rod won't translate quickly into a broken skull and that is not always the case.

Or after this happens more than once it is clear that new heavier not made of Chrysler steel rods are needed

I have had no cell service in sight of an interstate highway-means nothing.

Underhood welders are nothing remarkable on hard-core 4x4s.
Dude bragging that your tie rods break when you go off road so often that you need a welder is retarded. Rock climbing is dangerous now you watch this video and see if you can figure out what happens when a tie rod breaks. Seriously if the rods break you either need better rods or a better balanced vehicle made for what you are doing.

Really when a rod breaks you just weld it up

Hey you, brainless illiterate dumb ass, learn to read. I said I've welded a lot of tie rods on Jeeps, not my tie rod. I have my tie rod mounted up high and out of the way. I also run high pinion differentials so the drive shafts are up high and away from the rocks.
The welder I have is used mostly on other peoples rigs. I think I've used it on my junk exactly once and it's a pain because I have to reverese the polarity from normal to weld on my own junk.
However in a pinch you can also use a couple of car batteries connected in series to weld with. It works rather well in fact. For MIG welding anyway but not for stick.

Welding tie rods is the dumbest and most dangerous thing I can imagine, in any situation. Again you said you have an underhood welder to fix your piece of shit jeep tie rods on the trail. A smarter thing to do would be to install quality tie rods before going on the trail for anyone. Seriously however thanks for the knowledge that jeeps have this serious tie rod problem and should not be off road for any reason, they also should not be on the road for any reason. There is a reason that Chrysler went bankrupt twice, you know it but can't connect the dots.

There are a lot of people on here that have no idea of what they are talking about but are more than willing to run off at the mouth anyway. Why?
They also can't read or comprehend worth a crap. I think I know the answer to that one though.

Agreed. How can someone be such a prick on a thread about cars?

I have been so far in the boonies first with my 92K blazer and now with my 2010 Nissan pathfinder that there was no cell phone service. Seriously if you feel that your Chrysler is such a piece of shit that you need a welder you should stay home. You are assuming that the broken tie rod won't translate quickly into a broken skull and that is not always the case.

Or after this happens more than once it is clear that new heavier not made of Chrysler steel rods are needed

Dude bragging that your tie rods break when you go off road so often that you need a welder is retarded. Rock climbing is dangerous now you watch this video and see if you can figure out what happens when a tie rod breaks. Seriously if the rods break you either need better rods or a better balanced vehicle made for what you are doing.

Hey you, brainless illiterate dumb ass, learn to read. I said I've welded a lot of tie rods on Jeeps, not my tie rod. I have my tie rod mounted up high and out of the way. I also run high pinion differentials so the drive shafts are up high and away from the rocks.
The welder I have is used mostly on other peoples rigs. I think I've used it on my junk exactly once and it's a pain because I have to reverese the polarity from normal to weld on my own junk.
However in a pinch you can also use a couple of car batteries connected in series to weld with. It works rather well in fact. For MIG welding anyway but not for stick.

Welding tie rods is the dumbest and most dangerous thing I can imagine, in any situation. Again you said you have an underhood welder to fix your piece of shit jeep tie rods on the trail. A smarter thing to do would be to install quality tie rods before going on the trail for anyone. Seriously however thanks for the knowledge that jeeps have this serious tie rod problem and should not be off road for any reason, they also should not be on the road for any reason. There is a reason that Chrysler went bankrupt twice, you know it but can't connect the dots.

There are a lot of people on here that have no idea of what they are talking about but are more than willing to run off at the mouth anyway. Why?
They also can't read or comprehend worth a crap. I think I know the answer to that one though.

You are so demented from jeep ownership that you think tie rods are supposed to break

Jesus

Those Beetles were great
Inexpensive, fun to drive, easy to maintain
Worst car ever sold in the United States. They did nothing well except "cute" and should have been euthanized twenty years before they finally were.
You missed the Yugo

My wife had a 1989 CRX we kept for at least 12 years, that thing was a blast to drive. It was so low to the ground you climbed down into it which gave it amazing cornering abilities at high speeds. The one major drawback was because it was so low to the ground and relatively small, like motorcycles other drivers just didn't always see it so one had to be on the defensive all the time.

crx1.jpg

Awesome story. It was my dream car in the 80s. What kind of mileage did you get?
Oh hell, I don't remember. The funny thing is my wife had never driven a stick before, her brother drove it off the lot and I had to teach her how to drive it...... :lol:
Cool car to learn to drive a stick. Just for shits and giggles I googled it and looks like the little car got 40 in the city and 48 highway. Wow.
Road and Track did an article back in 2017, Honda: Please Bring Back the CRX. Matt Farah (don't know who he is) took a B20 4 cylinder out of a 99' CRV Crossover and a 5 speed manual from an Integra and stuck it in a CRX.......... Doesn't seem like much but as light as the CRX is it apparently added 50% more horsepower.
Granted the stock CRX wasn't what one would consider fast on the straightaway but there's not a stock "muscle car" (not talking exotic like Lamborghinis) that could keep up with it on winding mountain/canyon roads.

You have no idea what the hell you're blathering about. Put a sock in it.

Why would any rational human go rock climbing with tie rods that break knowing that the loss of control could cause death?

The fact is that your cheap is a piece of krap and you have accepted this as normal.

I test drove a jeep liberty once, it pulled hard to the right, I told the owner it needed alignment. I went home and did some research and it turns out they all pull to the right and there is no fix.

Or, it's a piece of shit

Google it

So the sum total of your experience is test driving a Jeep Liberty once yet you feel qualified to run your big mouth incessantly about a topic with which you have absolutely NO experence.
I'm no expert but my opinion is that you have shit for brains and you're doing your level best to prove it to the world.
BTW while Jeep Wranglers are probably the most popular vehicle seen on off road trails, I don't think I've even seen a Libertty offroad.

Name an auto company that went bankrupt TWICE

Let me know if you need a hand welding your cheap every time you use it

How can someone be so stupid as to brag that their tie rods break so often that they bring a welder where ever they go

You are so demented from jeep ownership that you think tie rods are supposed to break

Jesus

Just as i said you can read or comprehend fer shit. I don't own or drive a friggin Jeep dumbass. I drive a highly modified Toyota Tacoma that I modified for rock crawling. I even posted a picture of it and it doesn't look even close to any model of Jeep.
Get a friggin clue fer pity sake. In the meantime, SHUT IT.

How can someone be so stupid as to brag that their tie rods break so often that they bring a welder where ever they go

It's a god damned car thread. Get over yourself.

You're a clueless idiot and troll.

Jesus

Just as i said you can read or comprehend fer shit. I don't own or drive a friggin Jeep dumbass. I drive a highly modified Toyota Tacoma that I modified for rock crawling. I even posted a picture of it and it doesn't look even close to any model of Jeep.

Rock crawling is nothing more than a fool abusing a vehicle.

I just think people that think breaking tie rods is normal are hysterical.....

If you break a rod on a dangerous incline you could be dead. And who the hell welds a part as critical as a tie rod anyway

Jesus
And you're a fool abusing the Internet.
Now shut the fuck up, asshole.

If you break a rod on a dangerous incline you could be dead. And who the hell welds a part as critical as a tie rod anyway
How about everyone including factories you complete dumbass.

Who has never broken a tie rod in 34 years driving.

Never owned a cheap though

Jesus
And you're a fool abusing the Internet.
Now shut the fuck up, asshole.
Thanks for letting the internet know how shitty jeep tie rods are

Youve been reported for trolling, asshole.

Well then Chrysler factories should use better metal then

You missed the Yugo

crx1.jpg

Road and Track did an article back in 2017, Honda: Please Bring Back the CRX. Matt Farah (don't know who he is) took a B20 4 cylinder out of a 99' CRV Crossover and a 5 speed manual from an Integra and stuck it in a CRX.......... Doesn't seem like much but as light as the CRX is it apparently added 50% more horsepower.
Granted the stock CRX wasn't what one would consider fast on the straightaway but there's not a stock "muscle car" (not talking exotic like Lamborghinis) that could keep up with it on winding mountain/canyon roads.
I think the Civic Type R is its equivalent. Its a much faster modern version CRX.

https%3A%2F%2Fapi.thedrive.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2017%2F07%2Fhondacivictyper-hero.jpg%3Fquality%3D85

Youve been reported for trolling, asshole.
This is a car thread where you are bragging that jeep tie rods break so often that people bring welders in the woods to fix them. To you this is normal. It's not kid.

Well then Chrysler factories should use better metal then
And you should use better sense than to keep running your mouth after being reported for trolling.

Forum List

Back