Old cars suck | Change my mind

There's both my welders, a Lincoln Electric 140C MIG and a Century 230 amp A/C stick... I've been welding for decades and know WTF I'm talking about...

NOW LET'S SEE YOUR'S... BIG MOUTH...

20190911-213742.jpg
Wooptedo. It ain't gonna do you a hell of a lot of good out in the boondocks and miles away from anywhere, dumbass. Like i said AAA ain't coming, hell you can't even call them, so now what do you do?

There's both my welders, a Lincoln Electric 140C MIG and a Century 230 amp A/C stick... I've been welding for decades and know WTF I'm talking about...

NOW LET'S SEE YOUR'S... WISE GUY...

20190911-213742.jpg
That looks photoshopped. You have guitar stands there. You must have photoshopped it because, who puts a welder in their guitar practice room?

20190911-213742.jpg
Wooptedo. It ain't gonna do you a hell of a lot of good out in the boondocks and miles away from anywhere, dumbass. Like i said AAA ain't coming, hell you can't even call them, so now what do you do?
That is a good point.

20190911-213742.jpg
So... where is your welder again? I must have missed it... big talker...

A
And here's my TORCH. You've probably never even touched one... punk...

20190911-214219.jpg
As matter of fact I have one in the garage. But I don't carry it on the trail either.
Welding is nothing spectacular ya know.
BTW I can TIG too, but again not out on the trail.
How in hell do you figure my rig got built in the first damn place? The tooth fairy didn't come build it for me and you sure as hell can't just go out and buy one.

A

20190911-214219.jpg
As matter of fact I have one in the garage. But I don't carry it on the trail either.
How in hell do you figure my rig got built in the first damn place? The tooth fairy didn't come build it for me and you sure as hell can't just go out and buy one.
Yeah, I can TIG too. You have to have a steady hand and know how to set the wire speed and voltage to do a good job welding. Some people can't weld for shit.

So let's see a pic of this rig.

Last edited:
A

20190911-214219.jpg
Yeah, I can TIG too. So let's see a pic of this rig.
This is me welding. I do big stuff.

maxresdefault.jpg

A

20190911-214219.jpg
It's in or was in my friends fabrication shop.

That's also where I did most of the fabrication work on my rock rig which I still drive.

A

20190911-214219.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg
Suuuuuure ya do... looks like you just lifted that pic right off google images... tell me another lie...

Capt.jpg

A

20190911-214219.jpg

That's also where I did most of the fabrication work on my rock rig which I still drive.
And you don't have ONE SINGLE PICTURE of it... riiiiiiiiight...

Ive got a sweet friction welder in the tool shed in my back yard.

hqdefault.jpg

A

20190911-214219.jpg

Of his shop no, why would I, it died years ago but I've got tons of em of my rig.

A

20190911-214219.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg
Suuuuuure ya do... looks like you just lifted that pic right off google images... tell me another lie...

Capt.jpg
Yeah, i put the picture on google.

A

20190911-214219.jpg

Of his shop no, why would I, it died years ago but I've got tons of em of my rig.
I'm not asking for tons of pics... just one... of your rig...

This has been tremendously fun, but im out for awhile. Dont you worry, ill be back later with popcorn to see how this epic debate ends! :laugh:

A

Ok lets see if i can make this work for local files. I think this is on Axle Alley out east of Phoenix Az.
I've got lots more on the Rubicon, Fordyce, Moab, Dusy Ershim, The Hammers in So Cal, all the trails out in Moab, some more in Colorado and lots n lots more. It's a sickness I used to have.

Attachments

• ajc.jpg
    ajc.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 28
Last edited:

Ok lets see if i can make this work for local files. I think this is on Axle Alley out east of Phoenix Az.
I've got lots more on the Rubicon, Fordyce, Moab, Dusy Ershim, The Hammers in So Cal, all the trails out in Moab, some more in Colorado and lots n lots more. It's a sickness I used to have.

So where the hell did he go all of a sudden?

LOL you bring welding equipment with you or you light a flare like MacGyver

I have an underhood welder and I carry a spool gun, welding rod and a welding hood in my gear along with a compliment of tools. There's one thing you can be sure of when wheeling out in the boondocks and that is that AAA ain't coming. You either somehow fix it yourself or start walking. You should see some of the McGiver trail fixes though. How about repairing a busted tranfercase with beer cans and JB Weld for example. However, It held oil and that was all that counted to get to the end and off the trail so it was legit.
I have been so far in the boonies first with my 92K blazer and now with my 2010 Nissan pathfinder that there was no cell phone service. Seriously if you feel that your Chrysler is such a piece of shit that you need a welder you should stay home. You are assuming that the broken tie rod won't translate quickly into a broken skull and that is not always the case.

Or after this happens more than once it is clear that new heavier not made of Chrysler steel rods are needed

I have had no cell service in sight of an interstate highway-means nothing.

Underhood welders are nothing remarkable on hard-core 4x4s.
Dude bragging that your tie rods break when you go off road so often that you need a welder is retarded. Rock climbing is dangerous now you watch this video and see if you can figure out what happens when a tie rod breaks. Seriously if the rods break you either need better rods or a better balanced vehicle made for what you are doing.

Really when a rod breaks you just weld it up

Hey you, brainless illiterate dumb ass, learn to read. I said I've welded a lot of tie rods on Jeeps, not my tie rod. I have my tie rod mounted up high and out of the way. I also run high pinion differentials so the drive shafts are up high and away from the rocks.
The welder I have is used mostly on other peoples rigs. I think I've used it on my junk exactly once and it's a pain because I have to reverese the polarity from normal to weld on my own junk.
However in a pinch you can also use a couple of car batteries connected in series to weld with. It works rather well in fact. For MIG welding anyway but not for stick.

Welding tie rods is the dumbest and most dangerous thing I can imagine, in any situation. Again you said you have an underhood welder to fix your piece of shit jeep tie rods on the trail. A smarter thing to do would be to install quality tie rods before going on the trail for anyone. Seriously however thanks for the knowledge that jeeps have this serious tie rod problem and should not be off road for any reason, they also should not be on the road for any reason. There is a reason that Chrysler went bankrupt twice, you know it but can't connect the dots.

Forum List

Back