One Of The Most Interesting Cases This Year

Phillips turned them down solely because it was a gay marriage.

There is no such thing as a gay marriage.

Marriage always has, and always will be, only between a man and a woman. A sick homosexual mockery of marriage will never be comparable to a genuine marriage.

Phillips turned them down because he did not want to give support a sick, immoral mockery of that which is sacred. He was right to do so, and those who would compel him otherwise, or punish him for refusing to do so, are wrong.
Keep telling yourself that......somebody might believe it

Phillips turned them down solely because it was a gay marriage.

There is no such thing as a gay marriage.

Marriage always has, and always will be, only between a man and a woman. A sick homosexual mockery of marriage will never be comparable to a genuine marriage.

Phillips turned them down because he did not want to give support a sick, immoral mockery of that which is sacred. He was right to do so, and those who would compel him otherwise, or punish him for refusing to do so, are wrong.
Yes, cause nothing says divorce like a good old fashioned traditional marriage.....Remind me to shoot that guy that thought it was a good idea..

So all the "turn the other cheek" and "do not do evil to those who wrong you" or "what you do for these my brothers you do also to me". All that stuff is just Jesus' Twitter feed? To be ignored by carpenters and bakers across the land?

All these people that claim to be Christians aren't. They like to say it because it makes them feel good but they don't live it. It's like saying you are part of Raider nation, it's meaningless. All you are doing is rooting for something you identify with, you aren't that thing and never will be.

And yet for example, Jesus beat the moneychangers with a whip and drove them bodily from the temple, even though they had the law behind their presence.

It appears from the description that he wasn't too polite about it.

You may benefit from thinking upon things with a bit more depth.

Or not.

Lawyering the bible so it fits your viewpoint. Yes tell us more how violent Jesus Christ was. You cons think a single anecdotal nothing covers all discussion everywhere for all time. Pathetic. Did Jesus carry a shiv? Perhaps after beating the moneychangers he had his crew go over to their house and finish the job.

You have created an angry hateful violent Jesus in your mind to fit your own persona.

Read the record. I've created nothing.

He said to them, “From this hour, whoever has a money bag should take it and thus also a wallet, and whoever lacks a sword, let him sell his tunic and buy a sword for himself."

If you recall, Peter hacked the ear off a Roman in Gethsemane. Jesus re-attached it. The point (pun intended) not to interfere was made.

I must assume you haven't read the thing, but simply parrot what you've been told. That's a dangerous reality to inhabit.

Let's say a liberal confectioner was asked to bake multiple cakes for christian anti abortionists celebrating anti abortion, were would you go with that? Or a cake that celebrated Nazism or Bestiality? Where do we draw the line here? Because the supreme court seems to just do what liberals want, not common consensus or common sense.
Gay marriage is now the moral equivalent of Nazism and bestiality?
Well, good question. Can't we decide for ourselves were the cut off lines are? Or is that going to be forced on us against our will to fit a popular political paradigm that you randomly support?
You are allowed to hate anyone you wish

Your business is not

It's not a matter of hate. You people have so widely overused that word that it has lost its meaning.

The law currently supports your hoped-for tyranny. That is the world we live in.

But since a private business is an expression of the owner, who has individual rights at the very heart of American foundational thought, you may well see that situation changed if sanity prevails.
The owner can hate blacks if he wishes
But his business is not allowed to refuse them service

We decided that 50 years ago

Yes. And it can be re-decided.

Bake the cake, but do not have same gender couple displays for the cake tops sitting on the shelves for people to buy. To me, that is a fair enough compromise. If the customers want their cakes to hold a certain meaning, they themselves will have to take care of that part.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

No...it isn't....the shop is private property and the government shouldn't tell them how to run their business. And on top of that, they have the Bill of Rights on their side...the 1st Amendment protects freedom of religion, and just because you open a business you aren't stripped of your basic Rights.
People have rights to hate anyone they wish
Businesses dont

You are wrong........you don't give up your Constitutionally protected Rights simply because you open a business....

So all the "turn the other cheek" and "do not do evil to those who wrong you" or "what you do for these my brothers you do also to me". All that stuff is just Jesus' Twitter feed? To be ignored by carpenters and bakers across the land?

All these people that claim to be Christians aren't. They like to say it because it makes them feel good but they don't live it. It's like saying you are part of Raider nation, it's meaningless. All you are doing is rooting for something you identify with, you aren't that thing and never will be.

And yet for example, Jesus beat the moneychangers with a whip and drove them bodily from the temple, even though they had the law behind their presence.

Or not.

Lawyering the bible so it fits your viewpoint. Yes tell us more how violent Jesus Christ was. You cons think a single anecdotal nothing covers all discussion everywhere for all time. Pathetic. Did Jesus carry a shiv? Perhaps after beating the moneychangers he had his crew go over to their house and finish the job.

You have created an angry hateful violent Jesus in your mind to fit your own persona.

He said to them, “From this hour, whoever has a money bag should take it and thus also a wallet, and whoever lacks a sword, let him sell his tunic and buy a sword for himself."

If you recall, Peter hacked the ear off a Roman in Gethsemane. Jesus re-attached it. The point (pun intended) not to interfere was made.

I must assume you haven't read the thing, but simply parrot what you've been told. That's a dangerous reality to inhabit.

You assume much, a dangerous habit. You are like 98% of people that claim to belong to a religion, lawyer everything that is in opposition to what you already believe.

Looks like they just hate fags to me

Like muslims.

Yep. Like many Muslims. You nailed it. Makes you and many Muslims assholes.
I'm not Muslim, asshole.

You would fit in well though. You hate them. They hate you. You both hate gay people and women.

Find your home, freak.
Can't you just discuss an issue and deal with the substance of a post?

Or not.

You assume much, a dangerous habit. You are like 98% of people that claim to belong to a religion, lawyer everything that is in opposition to what you already believe.

That's some funny stuff, a poster trying to lawyer some verse out of context from a book he's never read and doesn't know squat about snivels and tried to tell a Christian he's 'lawyering' something or other. Go find some pedophiles to comfort or something; they feel all oppressed n stuff and 'unvalidated' as well.

This happened under your Messiah. Does that make him responsible?

Because I'm used to douchebags like you assuming I'm a liberal, I'll guess that you're referring to Obama? Yeah, I'd place a lot of the blame on him, and more generally on all liberals who think petty concerns like the "right to buy a cake" are worth laws and court cases in the first place.
You assumed I am a douchebag....not nice.

Sorry for referring to Obama as your Messiah.

My point was Obama was POTUS when this incident occurred. You made the idiotic statement that Trump created this shit.

That is really stupid. Right?

Your reading skills are lacking.
You stated, "This is exactly the kind of idiotic shit that created Trump." Now isn't that really stupid?

Trump is bad enough all by himself. You don't need to make up shit about him.

God you're an idiot. Why don't you just send a picture of yourself taking a shit?

Trump is a big government progressive. He has shown he has nothing against gays and other minorities. To think he has something to do with people not serving gays, is just stupid.

Of course, you would never blame Obama for the actions taken by his followers. Thus proving you a dupe for the Bolshevik DNC media.

Gay marriage is now the moral equivalent of Nazism and bestiality?
Well, good question. Can't we decide for ourselves were the cut off lines are? Or is that going to be forced on us against our will to fit a popular political paradigm that you randomly support?

Your business is not

It's not a matter of hate. You people have so widely overused that word that it has lost its meaning.

The law currently supports your hoped-for tyranny. That is the world we live in.

But since a private business is an expression of the owner, who has individual rights at the very heart of American foundational thought, you may well see that situation changed if sanity prevails.

I doubt if we will ever return to.....we don't serve blacks here
Or gays

Bake the cake, but do not have same gender couple displays for the cake tops sitting on the shelves for people to buy. To me, that is a fair enough compromise. If the customers want their cakes to hold a certain meaning, they themselves will have to take care of that part.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

No...it isn't....the shop is private property and the government shouldn't tell them how to run their business. And on top of that, they have the Bill of Rights on their side...the 1st Amendment protects freedom of religion, and just because you open a business you aren't stripped of your basic Rights.
Businesses dont

You are wrong........you don't give up your Constitutionally protected Rights simply because you open a business....
Exactly

You don't give up those rights.......but your business does
Your business must comply with ordinances which regulate your hours, building codes, how you treat your customers and that you can't discriminate against customers

Your business is not

Or gays

As if they're the same thing. They aren't.

Looks like they just hate fags to me

Like muslims.

Yep. Like many Muslims. You nailed it. Makes you and many Muslims assholes.
I'm not Muslim, asshole.

You would fit in well though. You hate them. They hate you. You both hate gay people and women.

Find your home, freak.
Can't you just discuss an issue and deal with the substance of a post?

Incredible lack of self awareness you have there.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Businesses dont

Exactly

Your business must comply with ordinances which regulate your hours, building codes, how you treat your customers and that you can't discriminate against customers

That's right. It's the responsibility part that accompanies the rights part.

Your business is not

Or gays

As if they're the same thing. They aren't.
Actually they are

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Businesses dont

Exactly

That's right. It's the responsibility part that accompanies the rights part.

You want to run a business you have to follow the rules

I never understood why people go into business to deny customers the procurement of their product...It's not like the baker had to have ghey sex as part of the process of the creation of the design on the cake, since this is not about a baked cake but the decoration on said cake..

For Gods sake....it's just a freak'n cake

He will bake cakes for adulterers, rapists and thieves
But baking for gays is the last straw

Same as civil war statues. They're just freak'n statues.
They are just statues
And if a community wants to take theirs down it is their business

And if a community wants to leave them up, it is their business as well. I don't see a lot of votes being taken before the statues get pulled down, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone is going to bake a 'special cake' after they have been forced to go against their religious beliefs.
Can you imagine someone going into a muslim bakery and DEMANDING that the baker put bacon bits in their birthday cake??????????????????????????

Forum List

Back