One Of The Most Interesting Cases This Year

Are the people in this thread opposed to all public accommodation laws or just the ones that cover faggots?

Speaking for myself, all of them.

Same here.

But I suspect most don't even look into it far enough to find the PA argument at the core of the debate. Threads like this usually devolve into a pissing match between homo-phobes and social justice warriors.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
Are the people in this thread opposed to all public accommodation laws or just the ones that cover faggots?

Are leftists in this thread opposed to all liberty, or just freedom of association?

Wouldn't say all liberty, but certainly freedom of association. I honestly have zero idea how the court is going to rule concerning this case.

Are leftists in this thread opposed to all liberty, or just freedom of association?

Wouldn't say all liberty, but certainly freedom of association. I honestly have zero idea how the court is going to rule concerning this case.

Sadly, I would bet they rule on the side of crony capitalism.

Well, good question. Can't we decide for ourselves were the cut off lines are? Or is that going to be forced on us against our will to fit a popular political paradigm that you randomly support?
You are allowed to hate anyone you wish

Your business is not

It's not a matter of hate. You people have so widely overused that word that it has lost its meaning.

The law currently supports your hoped-for tyranny. That is the world we live in.

But since a private business is an expression of the owner, who has individual rights at the very heart of American foundational thought, you may well see that situation changed if sanity prevails.
The owner can hate blacks if he wishes
But his business is not allowed to refuse them service

We decided that 50 years ago

Yes. And it can be re-decided.

I doubt if we will ever return to.....we don't serve blacks here
Or gays

Of course not. Even half-wit businessmen don't give a rat's ass about who's handing over the cash.

Still, it's an individual choice, not the State's.

You are allowed to hate anyone you wish

Your business is not

It's not a matter of hate. You people have so widely overused that word that it has lost its meaning.

The law currently supports your hoped-for tyranny. That is the world we live in.

But since a private business is an expression of the owner, who has individual rights at the very heart of American foundational thought, you may well see that situation changed if sanity prevails.

Or gays

Of course not. Even half-wit businessmen don't give a rat's ass about who's handing over the cash.

Afraid it is not your choice

We don't serve blacks is long gone

Or gays

Afraid it is not your choice

We don't serve blacks is long gone

Your continuance of that racial nonsense is completely idiotic.

No, it is not my choice. Neither is it yours. Let's see what the Court decides, eh?

I never understood why people go into business to deny customers the procurement of their product...It's not like the baker had to have ghey sex as part of the process of the creation of the design on the cake, since this is not about a baked cake but the decoration on said cake..

For Gods sake....it's just a freak'n cake

He will bake cakes for adulterers, rapists and thieves
But baking for gays is the last straw

Ah, but therein lies the rub. The baker serves gay customers too. They object, however, to being part of a gay wedding. Your complaint is null, because the adulterers, rapists, and thieves are not asking for decorated cakes celebrating adultery, rape, and theft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never understood why people go into business to deny customers the procurement of their product...It's not like the baker had to have ghey sex as part of the process of the creation of the design on the cake, since this is not about a baked cake but the decoration on said cake..

Ah, but therein lies the rub. The baker serves gay customers too. They object, however, to being part of a gay wedding. Your complaint is null, because the adulterers, rapists, and thieves are not asking for decorated cakes celebrating adultery, rape, and theft.

Yes they are...their wedding is just as sinful as a gay wedding

But our bakers are selective in which sins they object to. Selective Christianity

I never understood why people go into business to deny customers the procurement of their product...
Well, that's not why they go into business.

Operating an ongoing business is very, very difficult, and sometimes you find yourself making difficult decisions.

Well, often. Well, constantly, actually.

So there ya go. Now you know.

Last edited:

Yes they are...their wedding is just as sinful as a gay wedding

But our bakers are selective in which sins they object to. Selective Christianity

The wedding of a thief is not sinful.

Last edited:
I never understood why people go into business to deny customers the procurement of their product...

Operating an ongoing business is very, very difficult, and sometimes you find yourself making difficult decisions.

When I run my business I do work for anyone I don't invade what happens in one's privacy...

When I run my business I do work for anyone I don't invade what happens in one's privacy...
Those one of those decisions I mentioned.

Why go into business if you hate people or social groups?

Why go into business if you hate people or social groups?
You're assuming the "hate", which is another word that has been badly over-used into meaning pretty much nothing.

Maybe we could just allow others some room for their heartfelt, sincere convictions without punishing them for them.

Life is complicated. Convictions often conflict.

Why should that not be their choice alone under the 1st Amendment? Compelling slavery seems a bit anti-American, eh?

it isn't a first amendment issue.

or do y ou want to let muslims go to work in a pork store and then refuse to handle pork?

you take a job you or open a business you don't get to discriminate against your clientele.

they could always shut down their store and refuse whatever state license they hold.

hate filled loons are truly nauseating. I thought you creeps went out with the dinosaurs

It is exactly a First Amendment issue....try reading the Bill of Rights sometime....you do not lose your Constitionally protected Rights simply because you open a business.
First amendment applies to people not businesses

It applies to the people in the businesses, shitflinger.

As does the 13th Amendment - both of which you of the Khmer Rouge flagrantly violate.
The people can discriminate against anyone they want

A business can't

exactly right... but you know how it is when someone's consumed by hatred. they're not really rational.

and in his case, they aren't that bright.

it isn't a first amendment issue.

or do y ou want to let muslims go to work in a pork store and then refuse to handle pork?

you take a job you or open a business you don't get to discriminate against your clientele.

they could always shut down their store and refuse whatever state license they hold.

hate filled loons are truly nauseating. I thought you creeps went out with the dinosaurs

It is exactly a First Amendment issue....try reading the Bill of Rights sometime....you do not lose your Constitionally protected Rights simply because you open a business.
First amendment applies to people not businesses

It applies to the people in the businesses, shitflinger.

As does the 13th Amendment - both of which you of the Khmer Rouge flagrantly violate.
The people can discriminate against anyone they want

A business can't

exactly right... but you know how it is when someone's consumed by hatred. they're not really rational.

and in his case, they aren't that bright.

A business isn't a thinking entity, so technically this is correct. Only people can actually discriminate. So to have a saying that businesses can't discriminate is kind of stupid. The question is, can people who work for a business discriminate?

Forum List

Back