Outrage grows after South Carolina officer throws student in classroom

You are the liberal equivalent to where_r_my_keys and saintmichaeldefendthem.
I don't give a fuck what you think...you are a weakling
Says the liberal weakling. :lol:

Son, you talk the talk but don't walk the walk.
you do neither ...you are weakling I am laughing at you for being a pussy
Says the true weakling and pussy on the Board. :lol:
You a losah....a weakling ...you are an automaton
So you, the pussy weakling, say. :lol:

So bottom line......

In a high school....the students are untouchable. If they're disruptive....deal with it...because they can't be removed. And by "deal with it" I mean adjust the lesson plan and school day around their presence and disruption because they cannot be touched or removed.

And we wonder why public schools are so fucked up.

Sheriff Lott also said that his deputies need more training for the school resource officer post. I'm sure that's going to be brought up in the lawsuit.

And every other cop who is summoned to a class room has been told to not do anything.

Repeal Truancy Laws Now!

I agree. But in this case, the girl is 18 and not subject to those laws. I remember that feeling, in my senior year of high school when I turned 18 and realized I was now going to school by choice. I think if adults abuse that choice and want to act like adult criminals, it's time to send them packing.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

LOL! Thanks that was a good one.

BUt seriously, what alternative do you suggest?

I just told you what I would do.
What would you do?

The class will be over by the time some administrator decides to make a call.

Meanwhile that class was a waste of time for all the other students.

THe call goes out. Odds are there is no timely response. Days may pass before anything is done. Likely nothing is done.

Meanwhile that student is disrupting multiple other classes, each and every day.

As are other students with similar behavioral issues.

Result, a complete failure of education.

What would I do?

Beat the young woman, arrest her and expel her, in whatever order you want.

So what? The girl should get charges put on her for acting out when she is having difficulties?
It's an offense but understandable given her circumstances and certainly shouldn't have been criminalized the way it was.
Wrong. Even kids that lose parents need to obey the law and the commands of law enforcement officials.
I agree, discipline should be applied but like I said earlier, kids who act out tend to do so because they have an issue. Putting charges on them does nothing to correct that issue but only creates more. The discipline should come from the school and not the criminal justice system.
Even police officers need to operate within the limits of their training and departmental policies or risk termination.
You all keep focusing on the girl but the entire story is about the actions of the officer. His dismissal is a result of his actions. The girl's status is unchanged. She is still facing the original charge although I really can't see the prosecutor pursuing them further. Continually pointing to her changes nothing for the officer.

Actually it does. He hasn't had his trial yet, but he will, in the lawsuit. What will be explored is the dilemma the cop faced in that he had a duty to gain compliance, but the adult woman refused to come out of the chair. It won't be difficult to convince a jury that there was no way to handle the situation in which the adult woman would not get hurt because of her own actions. When the city cannot demonstrate a specific reason the officer was fired, or what policy he violated, he will win the lawsuit. If his lawyer successfully argues that the officer cannot get work as a police officer because of his illegal termination, he can seek damages to the tune of $1.5 million, a career of law enforcement along with promotions and pension pay.

And the city of Charleston is fine with this because they figure it would cost several times as much to deal with hordes of feral negro thugs rioting and burning down the city.

She wasn't acting like a criminal, she was acting like a petulant child.

The officer used more force than was required.

He could NOT have removed her from the room with any less force.

No one could.

Does it not occur to knuckledraggers that not everything is accomplished by "force"?

No, apparently it doesn't.

All law and civil society is based ultimately on force.

THe fact that you are disturbed by this is a sign of our cultural decadence.

As the force fails civilized society retreats and barbarism rises.

And every other cop who is summoned to a class room has been told to not do anything.

Repeal Truancy Laws Now!

I agree. But in this case, the girl is 18 and not subject to those laws. I remember that feeling, in my senior year of high school when I turned 18 and realized I was now going to school by choice. I think if adults abuse that choice and want to act like adult criminals, it's time to send them packing.
What would you do?

THe call goes out. Odds are there is no timely response. Days may pass before anything is done. Likely nothing is done.

Meanwhile that student is disrupting multiple other classes, each and every day.

What would I do?

So what? The girl should get charges put on her for acting out when she is having difficulties?
It's an offense but understandable given her circumstances and certainly shouldn't have been criminalized the way it was.

Mitigating circumstances can be brought up at trial, especially for sentencing.

Expecting the officer at the scene to allow the young woman to remain in the room after the teacher has requested she be removed is not reasonable.

That's the consensus of libs. That they should've just left her in the room and said something like "Ok...you win this time...but starting tomorrow you're suspended".

And then they wonder why so many of our schools suck. Must be racism.:rolleyes:

Ain't integration wonderful?

So bottom line......

In a high school....the students are untouchable. If they're disruptive....deal with it...because they can't be removed. And by "deal with it" I mean adjust the lesson plan and school day around their presence and disruption because they cannot be touched or removed.

And we wonder why public schools are so fucked up.

And cell phone use is the least of the issues. Violence directed against other students and teachers is also very common.

Repeal Truancy Laws Now!

What would you do?

What would I do?

Wrong. Even kids that lose parents need to obey the law and the commands of law enforcement officials.
I agree, discipline should be applied but like I said earlier, kids who act out tend to do so because they have an issue. Putting charges on them does nothing to correct that issue but only creates more. The discipline should come from the school and not the criminal justice system.
Even police officers need to operate within the limits of their training and departmental policies or risk termination.
You all keep focusing on the girl but the entire story is about the actions of the officer. His dismissal is a result of his actions. The girl's status is unchanged. She is still facing the original charge although I really can't see the prosecutor pursuing them further. Continually pointing to her changes nothing for the officer.

Actually it does. He hasn't had his trial yet, but he will, in the lawsuit. What will be explored is the dilemma the cop faced in that he had a duty to gain compliance, but the adult woman refused to come out of the chair. It won't be difficult to convince a jury that there was no way to handle the situation in which the adult woman would not get hurt because of her own actions. When the city cannot demonstrate a specific reason the officer was fired, or what policy he violated, he will win the lawsuit. If his lawyer successfully argues that the officer cannot get work as a police officer because of his illegal termination, he can seek damages to the tune of $1.5 million, a career of law enforcement along with promotions and pension pay.

And the city of Charleston is fine with this because they figure it would cost several times as much to deal with hordes of feral negro thugs rioting and burning down the city.

Total butthurt fantasy.
He's fired. Done. Gone home. Oh yeah btw , don't bother coming to football games. We no longer want you on district properties.

Repeal Truancy Laws Now!

What would you do?

What would I do?

100% right. (Except it was Columbia not Charleston ).

Remember the other North Charleston cop? The one who had rebel flag shorts on in a Facebook photo? He didn't identify NCPD or any affiliation with NCPD on his profile. And the same flag, at the time, flew on the state grounds of the very state that certified him.

NCPD immediately fired him.
North Charleston cop fired for posing in Confederate flag underwear on Facebook

But...for what??? The NAACP threatened protests. But 1st Amendment protected him.

NCPD fired him anyway.

Friends in blue around here tell me he settled for 700K!!! Dizam!!

Call her parents or guardian to come to the classroom and reason with her.

What would you do?

What would I do?

Well, like the officer, you would have been fired, probably arrested for the beating part and face the loss of everything you own and a long term financial burden of payments for the law suite you would have to pay for.

Oh, no doubt.

WE have a society were using force to enforce civilized behavior is not considered civilized.

This is what is known as a "Doomed society".
Civilized behavior is determined by the people who live in the society. This particular society overwhelmingly has determined that full grown alpha males are not supposed to bully and assault teen age girls.

I keep flashing back to a little story from my childhood --

One day the sun and the wind were arguing about who had more power. "See that man walking down there?" said the sun. "I can make him take his coat off. Can you do that?"

"Of course" said the wind. I can blow it off with my great strength!"

So the wind blew and howled and whipped around the man, but he just kept pulling his coat tighter and tighter against the wind.

The sun took pity on the man and shone down warm sunshine. "Ah, it's warm now", said the man. "Now I can take my coat off".

Guess not everyone learned that lesson.

Except the teacher wasn't just screwing with this girl for no reason.

She was trying to teach a class and the cell phone and then the girl's behavior was a distraction and a disruption.

The cop wasn't just screwing with the girl for no reason. The girl was by that time breaking the law and needed to be removed from the room.

What would I do?

100% right. (Except it was Columbia not Charleston ).

Remember the other North Charleston cop? The one who had rebel flag shorts on in a Facebook photo? He didn't identify NCPD or any affiliation with NCPD on his profile. And the same flag, at the time, flew on the state grounds of the very state that certified him.

NCPD immediately fired him.
North Charleston cop fired for posing in Confederate flag underwear on Facebook

But...for what??? The NAACP threatened protests. But 1st Amendment protected him.

NCPD fired him anyway.

Friends in blue around here tell me he settled for 700K!!! Dizam!!

But, of course, you have no link to this settlement, because in SC, police are allowed to spend taxpayer money any way they see fit, with no accountability to the public whatsoever.

Yep! I SO believe that!

She wasn't acting like a criminal, she was acting like a petulant child.

The officer used more force than was required.

He could NOT have removed her from the room with any less force.

No one could.

Does it not occur to knuckledraggers that not everything is accomplished by "force"?

No, apparently it doesn't.

All law and civil society is based ultimately on force.

THe fact that you are disturbed by this is a sign of our cultural decadence.

As the force fails civilized society retreats and barbarism rises.

What a crock of complete horseshit.

Grow up there, GI Joe.

One day the sun and the wind were arguing about who had more power. "See that man walking down there?" said the sun. "I can make him take his coat off. Can you do that?"

So the wind blew and howled and whipped around the man, but he just kept pulling his coat tighter and tighter against the wind.

The sun took pity on the man and shone down warm sunshine. "Ah, it's warm now", said the man. "Now I can take my coat off".

She was trying to teach a class and the cell phone and then the girl's behavior was a distraction and a disruption.

The cop wasn't just screwing with the girl for no reason. The girl was by that time breaking the law and needed to be removed from the room.

::::::wwwwhhhhoooooossshhh::::::::

There's that wind again....

What would I do?

Total butthurt fantasy.
He's fired. Done. Gone home. Oh yeah btw , don't bother coming to football games. We no longer want you on district properties.

Haha. You've obviously never been a cop or fireman. You know how they say it's so hard to fire a cop (or firemen to some extent)?? This is why. They have very unique jobs and wide latitude for using force...because force is never pretty.

Departments have always been afraid of wrongful termination lawsuits from cops. Half decent labor lawyers can't eat a police human resources unit for breakfast.

BUT....THEN SOMETHING CHANGED......

Thugs started burning cities.

And NOW....the inevitable lawsuit and settlement check is CHEAPER than the costs of a riot when you factor in damage, overtime and workers comp from injuries.

So whalla.....they fire cops now, avoid the riot....then write a check. Cha-ching!!

::::::wwwwhhhhoooooossshhh::::::::

There's that wind again....

I kind of like the "Cultural decadence" part. It has a sort of doomsday appeal...

he had a duty to gain compliance, but the adult woman refused to come out of the chair.

Man, they grow up fast in these threads. When this thread started she was 16. Then today she became 18. Now just hours later she's an "adult woman".

By midnight she'll be in an assisted living facility and by the time the sun comes up, decomposed with only two surviving great-grandchildren.

What would you do?

What would I do?

Well, like the officer, you would have been fired, probably arrested for the beating part and face the loss of everything you own and a long term financial burden of payments for the law suite you would have to pay for.

Oh, no doubt.

WE have a society were using force to enforce civilized behavior is not considered civilized.

This is what is known as a "Doomed society".
Civilized behavior is determined by the people who live in the society. This particular society overwhelmingly has determined that full grown alpha males are not supposed to bully and assault teen age girls.

This particular society has overwhelmingly determined that teachers and law enforcement officers and law abiding citizens (the other students) have lower status and must defer to criminals.

As I said, this is a "Doomed society".

Your bizarre concern that the officer was larger than the girl in question is just a minor aspect of your detachment from reality.

A serious society does not expect law officers to have to engage in "fair fights" when attempting to enforce the law. A serious society wants the situation to be stacked, as often as possible so that the forces of civil society easily trumps that of barbarism.

Total butthurt fantasy.

Haha. You've obviously never been a cop or fireman. You know how they say it's so hard to fire a cop (or firemen to some extent)?? This is why. They have very unique jobs and wide latitude for using force...because force is never pretty.

Departments have always been afraid of wrongful termination lawsuits from cops. Half decent labor lawyers can't eat a police human resources unit for breakfast.

BUT....THEN SOMETHING CHANGED......

Thugs started burning cities.

And NOW....the inevitable lawsuit and settlement check is CHEAPER than the costs of a riot when you factor in damage, overtime and workers comp from injuries.

So whalla.....they fire cops now, avoid the riot....then write a check. Cha-ching!!

.----- "whalla"??

Isn't that half of a town in Washington?

What a maroon.

respect.jpg

Forum List

Back