Pacific Ocean waters absorbing heat 15 times faster over past 60 years than in past 1

Agreed. But GHGs are what we are changing for the worse. They are the problem. Even if they only add a couple of degrees, to the many degrees of total GHG warming, that's enough to tilt the climate from what mankind has adapted to, to some other climate. That will cost us a bundle, unless we can stop making things worse in time.

Pure simple economics but driven by very complex science to predict the dynamics of AGW.

Provably wrong. Our contribution to the global CO2 budget is miniscule. We likewise emit an infinitesimal fraction of the methane that so terrifies you all now (now that that damned CO2 isn't living up to its part of the bargain) and as we all know we don't add to the water vapor either. So no, your assertion is incorrect.

Miniscule? In 2010, 9.14 gigatonnes of carbon (33.5 gigatonnes of CO2) were released from fossil fuel combustion and cement production worldwide. An you think this is miniscule? Put the bottle down, son.

Please spare us the hysteria junior. Compared to an atmosphere that weighs QUADRILLIONS of tons 33 billion tons is a pittance. That's why the gas is measured in PARTS PER MILLION. So, lets's use your terrifying 400ppm number. That means that for every

400 little bits of CO2,
there are 1,000,000,000 other bits.

400 compared to

Amazing something like that terrifies you. You who claim to be a geologist... Poor olfraud...

Last edited:
westwall said:
Please spare us the hysteria junior. Compared to an atmosphere that weighs QUADRILLIONS of tons 33 billion tons is a pittance.

Until you consider the potency of CO2 as a greenhouse gas. No doubt, you would prefer that we have the same concentration of CO2 in our atmosphere as Venus, where lead melts at the surface as a result! God, you are dumb.

But finding the everchanging next interval to a random number is NOT a periodic event. MAYBE a predictable event. When stuff oscillates or almost oscillates its because of well-known Linear System theory descriptions of Gain, Feedback, and Phasing.. Poles and Zeroes crap in linear equations --- if you know what I mean.. That kind of periodic.
Finding out if a > 40 digit number is a prime number or not isn`t very hard to do these days, but falls way short of being able to predict it else we would indeed have to discard the cyphers that exploit this math-gap.

"Stuff oscillates" when a system can`t achieve an equilibrium in the first go..so now you get a wave sequence that will eventually dampen over time unless you feed more energy and do so at a the proper phase angle and with the right polarity.

Those of us who worked with older electronic components know that it does not take much to "stall" an RC resonant oscillator or have one fry itself if you don`t tune the positive feedback properly.

It`s no big problem to work out the time constants for oscillators, but it is still a big problem to design one that does not "drift"

The problem with "climate oscillations" is that they don`t conform with the "constants" that climatologists have assigned in the form of averages.

The only constants in that mix of "constants" are the mass, the shape and up to a degree the angular speeds of our planet..not much else remains constant.

Last edited:
westwall said:
Please spare us the hysteria junior. Compared to an atmosphere that weighs QUADRILLIONS of tons 33 billion tons is a pittance.

Until you consider the potency of CO2 as a greenhouse gas. No doubt, you would prefer that we have the same concentration of CO2 in our atmosphere as Venus, where lead melts at the surface as a result! God, you are dumb.
Lead isn't melting on the surface of this earth. In the artic pole of this earth, water isn't melting either this time of year. And that ludicrous concentration of CO2? It is four-tenths of one millionth. That's not even a concentration. That's needle in a haystack stuff.

Get a grip. :rolleyes:

But finding the everchanging next interval to a random number is NOT a periodic event. MAYBE a predictable event. When stuff oscillates or almost oscillates its because of well-known Linear System theory descriptions of Gain, Feedback, and Phasing.. Poles and Zeroes crap in linear equations --- if you know what I mean.. That kind of periodic.
Finding out if a > 40 digit number is a prime number or not isn`t very hard to do these days, but falls way short of being able to predict it else we would indeed have to discard the cyphers that exploit this math-gap.

"Stuff oscillates" when a system can`t achieve an equilibrium in the first go..so now you get a wave sequence that will eventually dampen over time unless you feed more energy and do so at a the proper phase angle and with the right polarity.

Those of us who worked with older electronic components know that it does not take much to "stall" an RC resonant oscillator or have one fry itself if you don`t tune the positive feedback properly.

It`s no big problem to work out the time constants for oscillators, but it is still a big problem to design one that does not "drift"

The problem with "climate oscillations" is that they don`t conform with the "constants" that climatologists have assigned in the form of averages.

The only constants in that mix of "constants" are the mass, the shape and up to a degree the angular speeds of our planet..not much else remains constant.

Well you old bear --- if ya remember FAR ENOUGH BACK to when you were a mere cub techy--- you might remember making oscillators out of bulb filaments as feedback operators. The feedback elements don't HAVE to be constants.. HP did this to stabilize the output level of their benchtop Signal Generators.

With a suitable source of constant power, (yes power INTO the climate doesn't have to vary) and a gain of one over the transfer function of the system, --- the only other requirement is to turn the PHASE of the output 180 degrees thru the feedback network with respect to the input phase. (like that cheap trick of using an ODD number of digital invertors to create a 10 cent oscillator)

Could thermal flows thru arctic ocean choke points do that? I don't see why not....

Last edited:
Denialists depend on the red herring of complexity to lead the dogs off the trail of simple truth.

westwall said:

Lead isn't melting on the surface of this earth. In the artic pole of this earth, water isn't melting either this time of year. And that ludicrous concentration of CO2? It is four-tenths of one millionth. That's not even a concentration. That's needle in a haystack stuff.

Take a chemistry class. Not that YOU will actually learn anything from it.

I took a chemistry class in college. The professor learned my name after I made the highest score on the final because I studied and worked hard. :cranky:

You could appear less confused if you could compute math in your head and understood proportions. That could make you less patronizing, possibly than you were when you wrote your last post's balderdash.

If I were as patronizing as you, I'd just tell you to not speak until spoken to. Aren't you glad I'm not stuffy like you apparatchiks who read from an agenda list that would please Al Bore, I mean, Gore. :lol:

Last edited:

I took a chemistry class in college. The professor learned my name after I made the highest score on the final because I studied and worked hard. :cranky:

You could appear less confused if you could compute math in your head and understood proportions. That could make you less patronizing, possibly than you were when you wrote your last post's balderdash.

If I were as patronizing as you, I'd just tell you to not speak until spoken to. Aren't you glad I'm not stuffy like you apparatchiks who read from an agenda list that would please Al Bore, I mean, Gore. :lol:

You should ask your school for a refund, because, damn.

I personally believe that you have earned being patronized.

When those who proffer the theme issues of those who change data, it is an honor to come under their vapid discreditations.

When those who proffer the theme issues of those who change data, it is an honor to come under their vapid discreditations.

Those who believe that raw data offers the most insight, always, are not scientists.

Those who believe that raw data offers the most insight, always, are not scientists.

To get to where you're at with this subject, you need to trip over your politics, dude.
It's the only area where your ilk can get any footing with our government. :eusa_whistle:

To get to where you're at with this subject, you need to trip over your politics, dude.
It's the only area where your ilk can get any footing with our government. :eusa_whistle:

The corporate politics of peak oil is the entire basis of your position. Climate science, the basis of mine.

The corporate politics of peak oil is the entire basis of your position. Climate science, the basis of mine.

As the scientists that once believed in man made global warming are jumping the ship because of the manipulated and faulty data and the evidence that it just never came to fruition, you're just lingering on your politics, sonny. It's all you have left. It's okay, I get it.

As the scientists that once believed in man made global warming are jumping the ship because of the manipulated and faulty data and the evidence that it just never came to fruition, you're just lingering on your politics, sonny. It's all you have left. It's okay, I get it.

You don't get it at all because you are ill equipped educationally to understand climate science. Most people are. But most people who are ill equipped educationally to understand any particular discipline are smart enough to rely on those who aren't.

That's why most everyone who made the investment in education did so. So that they could claim expertise in at least one field.

You are trying to sell politics here. People educated in science will never abandon it for politics.

Forum List

Back