Paging anti death penalty libs

I wonder where the numbers are to back this up. Also is this just the cost of incarceration (which obviously is spread out over many more inmates) or does it include the massive healthcare expenses often spent on aged prisoners?

I have a compromise. I am willing to get rid of the death penalty if we bring back hard labor for the most heinious criminals. Make them break rocks for 50 years, and if the keel over during the process, no skin off my back.

I'm actually not completely opposed to the death penalty, as long as there is 100% certainty that the crime was committed. Too many innocent people dying on Death Row for my tastes. I only want to kill the guilty. I know Jesus wouldn't approve and all, he opposed the death penalty...good thing I'm not Christian.

I'm actually not completely opposed to the death penalty, as long as there is 100% certainty that the crime was committed. Too many innocent people dying on Death Row for my tastes. I only want to kill the guilty. I know Jesus wouldn't approve and all, he opposed the death penalty...good thing I'm not Christian.

It depends on the sect of christianity. Catholicism is against it, but some of your more conservative baptist groups see it as "rendering unto ceasar what belongs to ceasar"

My concern is always that some sop 50 years from now will get the person released "due to health issues and mercy" If we are to go to life sentances only, we need to work em so they dont live that long, and if they do, we don't let them out.

That's due to the legal costs of all the appeals liberals insisit upon because they want to be expensive as possible as another excuse to ban the death penalty.

There's no chance the guy here didn't do it. He even proudly proclaimed he did it, yet liberals would insist upon years and year of appeals, etc then shouting "look how much the death penalty costs! ban it"

Defiant teen gets life sentences in Ohio shooting - WTOP.com

You really think society is better off with paying for this guy to live 70 years or more in prison than just having taken him out back and shot him?

monsters like this killer are the reason we need the death penalty

But some libby needs his feel good moment.

Actually, as a fiscal conservative and a pragmatist, I oppose the death penalty. Your post indicates a severe deficiency in the facts of the issue.

It actually costs more to put someone to death than to house them for 40 years.

That's due to the legal costs of all the appeals liberals insisit upon because they want to be expensive as possible as another excuse to ban the death penalty.

That's not the liberals insisting on extensive review before we put someone to death. It's everyone except the mouth-breathing vigilantes.

If you enforce a death penalty - you will put people to death who are not guilty of the crime you are executing them for. We are human beings, we make mistakes. Every layer of review that you remove increases that number.

So what is your acceptable kill ratio?

I bet the victims families would rather pay for him top fuckin die, than feed, clothe and give him shelter
gar-un-teeeeed

I wonder where the numbers are to back this up. Also is this just the cost of incarceration (which obviously is spread out over many more inmates) or does it include the massive healthcare expenses often spent on aged prisoners?

I have a compromise. I am willing to get rid of the death penalty if we bring back hard labor for the most heinious criminals. Make them break rocks for 50 years, and if the keel over during the process, no skin off my back.

I think that is an acceptable compromise.

I bet the victims families would rather pay for him top fuckin die, than feed, clothe and give him shelter
gar-un-teeeeed

Vengence is mine sayeth the Lord.

Besides, killing that person isn't going to bring their loved one back and it won't provide any "closure." There's no such thing as "closure" when you lose a loved one.

Last edited:
gar-un-teeeeed

Besides, killing that person isn't going to bring their loved one back and it won't provide any "closure." There's no such thing as "closure" when you lose a loved one.

I dont believe in that
And I know it wouldnt but my point still stands
I bet they would rather him die, than to pay for him to live
Especially after his courtroom rant

gar-un-teeeeed

I dont believe in that
And I know it wouldnt but my point still stands
I bet they would rather him die, than to pay for him to live
Especially after his courtroom rant
they might. but that's why we have a justice system and not a revenge system.

gar-un-teeeeed

If you are going to quote the Bible know what it is you are saying... With regards to justice, God grants man permission to take a life in the case of capital murder via a legal system.

Vengeance is in the heart of man- God alone claims the right to punish the wrongs of men, in His time, when our human justice system fails...and THAT is what is meant by "vengeance is mine". Think "vigilante justice".

As to capital punishment in our country? I think that justice is too often too skewed towards the haves and that the have nots are not on equal footing in our courts. I think that apart from at least two eye witnesses or absolute fool proof forensic evidence, that capital punishment should be off the table.

Last edited:
There's a big difference between living and being alive.

That being said, we do the convicted a favor by administering a quick, relatively painless death as opposed to having them spend the rest of their days rotting away in prison.

You really think society is better off with paying for this guy to live 70 years or more in prison than just having taken him out back and shot him?

You think it is better executing innocent people to get revenge on 1 person?

avenge not yourself,give place onto wrath: for it is written vengeance is mine, I will repay saith the Lord.- Romans 12-19

You think it is better executing innocent people to get revenge on 1 person?

avenge not yourself,give place onto wrath: for it is written vengeance is mine, I will repay saith the Lord.- Romans 12-19

Justice is not equal to vengeance... misquoting scripture is not a sign of good argument, but poor understanding~

Forum List

Back