Paging anti death penalty libs

I am all for the Death Penalty
I think it has to be 100% proof he/she was rightly convicted
I do understand innocent death and incarcerations
In this scenario, kill the mother fucker

There's a big difference between living and being alive.

That being said, we do the convicted a favor by administering a quick, relatively painless death as opposed to having them spend the rest of their days rotting away in prison.

That might be how you'd feel but it doesn't apply to everyone, and especially not those wrongly convicted of which there are far too many.

I bet the victims families would rather pay for him top fuckin die, than feed, clothe and give him shelter
gar-un-teeeeed

Vengence is mine sayeth the Lord.

Besides, killing that person isn't going to bring their loved one back and it won't provide any "closure." There's no such thing as "closure" when you lose a loved one.

I dont believe in that
And I know it wouldnt but my point still stands
I bet they would rather him die, than to pay for him to live
Especially after his courtroom rant

I can't understand completely their anger and their rage. And I can certainly understand their desire to act on that. But we, as a society, cannot base our actions on emotions like those. No matter how much we may empathize.

Defiant teen gets life sentences in Ohio shooting - WTOP.com

You really think society is better off with paying for this guy to live 70 years or more in prison than just having taken him out back and shot him?

monsters like this killer are the reason we need the death penalty

But some libby needs his feel good moment.

You think it is better executing innocent people to get revenge on 1 person?

avenge not yourself,give place onto wrath: for it is written vengeance is mine, I will repay saith the Lord.- Romans 12-19

Justice is not equal to vengeance... misquoting scripture is not a sign of good argument, but poor understanding~

We were discussing the emotional desires of those who loved the victim. That's not "justice," that is vengeance.

The scripture - if you understand it - is properly quoted.

That would be true if those given life did not appeal their convictions.

They claim the cost is due to the appeals process as if it's limited only to those facing the death penalty.

Every person convicted of a crime has the right to appeal.

The high cost of the appealate process is just a fraction of the true costs of executing people.

Criminals who have absolutely nothing left to lose require an extraordinary level of security. That level of security costs a lot.

Vengence is mine sayeth the Lord.

Besides, killing that person isn't going to bring their loved one back and it won't provide any "closure." There's no such thing as "closure" when you lose a loved one.

I dont believe in that
And I know it wouldnt but my point still stands
I bet they would rather him die, than to pay for him to live
Especially after his courtroom rant

I can't understand completely their anger and their rage. And I can certainly understand their desire to act on that. But we, as a society, cannot base our actions on emotions like those. No matter how much we may empathize.

The death Penalty is emotion. Just like Abortion
You are saying, because we are civil, he deserves to live his life behind bars?

That would be true if those given life did not appeal their convictions.

They claim the cost is due to the appeals process as if it's limited only to those facing the death penalty.

Every person convicted of a crime has the right to appeal.

The high cost of the appealate process is just a fraction of the true costs of executing people.

Criminals who have absolutely nothing left to lose require an extraordinary level of security. That level of security costs a lot.

I call bullshit on that.

You have obviously never seen how inmates on deathrow live.

They are in their cellls 23 hours a day.

Do you think those with a life sentence would have something more to lose?

You really think society is better off with paying for this guy to live 70 years or more in prison than just having taken him out back and shot him?

avenge not yourself,give place onto wrath: for it is written vengeance is mine, I will repay saith the Lord.- Romans 12-19

Justice is not equal to vengeance... misquoting scripture is not a sign of good argument, but poor understanding~

Romans 12:19 KJV - Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, - Bible Gateway

I'm actually not completely opposed to the death penalty, as long as there is 100% certainty that the crime was committed. Too many innocent people dying on Death Row for my tastes. I only want to kill the guilty. I know Jesus wouldn't approve and all, he opposed the death penalty...good thing I'm not Christian.

It depends on the sect of christianity. Catholicism is against it, but some of your more conservative baptist groups see it as "rendering unto ceasar what belongs to ceasar"

My concern is always that some sop 50 years from now will get the person released "due to health issues and mercy" If we are to go to life sentances only, we need to work em so they dont live that long, and if they do, we don't let them out.

A life sentence should be just that, life in prison.

What I don't get is right wing nuts don't think the government is competent enough to decide healthcare, education and any issue except the decision who who gets executed.

And I don't get that progressives cant tell the difference between due process, with a verdict by one's peers under the auspices of the judicial branch, and legislative/executive fiat, that places your healthcare,education,ability to drink soda etc. under the thumb of a non elected burecrat.

What I don't get is right wing nuts don't think the government is competent enough to decide healthcare, education and any issue except the decision who who gets executed.

And I don't get that progressives cant tell the difference between due process, with a verdict by one's peers under the auspices of the judicial branch, and legislative/executive fiat, that places your healthcare,education,ability to drink soda etc. under the thumb of a non elected burecrat.

But I digress...isn't that her real problem; you know ,that she doesn't truly understand anything, yet feels compelled to have opinions?

Romans 12:19 KJV - Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, - Bible Gateway

Again, you ignore the attitudes that Paul was addressing( personal vengeance for wrongs- NOT legal justice). You also ignore all the scripture that directs men to be accountable to the law.

In other words, you, have made your personal ideologies the rule when applying scripture.

We were discussing the emotional desires of those who loved the victim. That's not "justice," that is vengeance.

The scripture - if you understand it - is properly quoted.

Emotional desires do not rule our courts or make law- People are justifiably entitled to their anger and grief.

The instant that this kid dies, his suffering is ended. If he lives 70 years in maximum security, he will face years of being raped, living in a cage, with nothing to look forward to but the day that he does die. Every day will be hell, with danger from violent cons all the time. He could only hope that someone will finish him off, like they did Dalmer.

70 years in prison is a just punishment for murder.
No, certainly not. "Just" means equal to/no less than and is the root of the word "justice". It is certainly not "just" to have a person spend 70 years in prison in exchange for taking a life. Life is life, not life in prison. Having said that, there are crimes of passion and other murders with mitigating circumstances. Thus only certain categories of murder due to their nature are punishable by the death penalty. That is as it should be - and "just".

The government doesn't decide; the judge and jury do.

But many Republicans are anti-death penalty. I am, for example.

The puke in question is unlikely to live 70 years. Any kid with that much hubris won't last long.

Forum List

Back