Palestine Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
DjSA0pNW4AAIXnF.jpg

The story of Dareen Tatour is the story of Falasteen

Everything about the trial of Dareen Tatour was like fiction. Everything required the willing suspension of disbelief.

From the opening pages, it was impossible to digest the premise that an unknown young poet from a small town in the Galilee would be hauled off by Israeli police and border guards for a smattering of posts on the internet.

By page two, the story became more and more farfetched. What seasoned, judicious reader could buy into the idea that the protagonist would be interrogated, imprisoned, and criminally charged for saying the same things that millions of people around the world say every single day, only with more urgency and flair?

Everything about the trial of Dareen Tatour was like fiction. Everything required the willing suspension of disbelief.

From the opening pages, it was impossible to digest the premise that an unknown young poet from a small town in the Galilee would be hauled off by Israeli police and border guards for a smattering of posts on the internet.

By page two, the story became more and more farfetched. What seasoned, judicious reader could buy into the idea that the protagonist would be interrogated, imprisoned, and criminally charged for saying the same things that millions of people around the world say every single day, only with more urgency and flair?

Never thought that a call to violence and suicide by Islamic Jihad
is considered "poetry" :cuckoo:

Norwegian human rights organization @GNDD_NGO has been operated by Palestinian intelligence and has concealed millions of dollars from donations.

DmZIf7HWwAAPpQN

The organization's director, Louis Deeb, a Palestinian who received Norwegian citizenship in 2001, is accused of concealing millions of the organization's money and secretly holding a Palestinian diplomatic passport.Internal documents show that Palestinian intelligence operated the organization behind the scenes and even held senior positions in the organization.

In 2013 the organization began to receive money from the UAE, which led the authorities in Norway to follow its funding sources. In 2015, Deeb was charged with money laundering and today he is accused of embezzlement, money laundering, immigration and customs violations and forgery.

Full article: NRK reveals: Norwegian foreign aid executive received support from Palestinian intelligence

Dareen Tatour joins eminent Palestinian writers persecuted by Israel

An Israeli court sentenced Palestinian poet Dareen Tatour to five months in prison on Tuesday over a handful of social media posts and a poem.

Tatour was convicted for “incitement to violence” and “support of terrorist organizations” on 3 May.

“I expected prison, and unfortunately there is prison,” Tatour told Al Jazeera following the sentencing.

“There is nothing surprising. This is an Israeli court and there is no justice in an Israeli court when the accused is Palestinian.”

“My trial was political right from the start,” Tatour added.

Tatour, 36, is from the Arab village of Reineh near Nazareth.

She was first arrested in October 2015 over social media posts and a poem called “Resist, My People, Resist Them.”

sfphotosthree552918.jpg

An Israeli court sentenced Palestinian poet Dareen Tatour to five months in prison on Tuesday over a handful of social media posts and a poem.

Tatour was convicted for “incitement to violence” and “support of terrorist organizations” on 3 May.

“I expected prison, and unfortunately there is prison,” Tatour told Al Jazeera following the sentencing.

“There is nothing surprising. This is an Israeli court and there is no justice in an Israeli court when the accused is Palestinian.”

She was first arrested in October 2015 over social media posts and a poem called “Resist, My People, Resist Them.”

sfphotosthree552918.jpg

Dareen is an Israeli citizen, she publicly declared to be the next warrior martyr,
and posted a call by Islamic Jihad for murder.

Q. What would a US citizen get for doing the same?

Last edited:

sfphotosthree552918.jpg

I'm not surprised that the propaganda mouthpieces at the electronic gee-had used "eminent" in their description. When you make heroes of Islamic terrorist mass murderers and those who invite to violence using religious tenets as the rallying call, you have entered the realm of the fanatic and the religiously insane.

Palestinians celebrate release of Ahed Tamimi

Israeli military forces released Palestinian teenager
Ahed Tamimi and her mother Nariman from prison on Sunday.

The pair were given a hero’s welcome in their occupied West Bank village of Nabi Saleh and their release was covered by world media:

290718_shh_00_1.jpg

Ahed Tamimi, center, and her mother Nariman speak at a press conference in the occupied West Bank village of Nabi Saleh near Ramallah on 29 July, upon their release after spending eight months in Israeli prison.

Shadi Hatem APA images

More like the story of your hero Rasmea Odeh and others who suffer from the same debilitating disease.

The pair were given a hero’s welcome in their occupied West Bank village of Nabi Saleh and their release was covered by world media:

290718_shh_00_1.jpg

Ahed Tamimi, center, and her mother Nariman speak at a press conference in the occupied West Bank village of Nabi Saleh near Ramallah on 29 July, upon their release after spending eight months in Israeli prison.

Shadi Hatem APA images

Jerusalem stabber was discharged despite ‘violent’ behavior
771965701000100640360no.jpg

Jamil Tamimi, who murdered a British exchange student in Jerusalem, had been released from a psychiatric hospital despite his having exhibited violent behavior whilst in their care. He has been declared fit to stand trial

Jamil Tamimi - Jerusalem stubber

RE: Palestine Today
※→ P F Tinmore, et al,

Your question is a matter of "domestic law."

Excerpts
18 U.S. Code § 2331 - Definitions

(5) the term “domestic terrorism” means activities that—
(A) involve acts dangerous to human life that are a violation of the criminal laws of the United States or of any State;
(B) appear to be intended—
(i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population;
(ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or
(iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping; and
18 U.S. Code § 2332 - Criminal penalties
b) Attempt or Conspiracy With Respect to Homicide.—Whoever outside the United States attempts to kill, or engages in a conspiracy to kill, a national of the United States shall—
(1) in the case of an attempt to commit a killing that is a murder as defined in this chapter, be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both; and
(2) in the case of a conspiracy by two or more persons to commit a killing that is a murder as defined in section 1111(a) of this title, if one or more of such persons do any overt act to effect the object of the conspiracy, be fined under this title or imprisoned for any term of years or for life, or both so fined and so imprisoned.

sfphotosthree552918.jpg

Dareen is an Israeli citizen, she publicly declared to be the next warrior martyr,

(COMMENT)

Each country's laws are different.

In the United States, it is a matter of an "overt act" → if one or more of such persons do any overt act to effect (intimidation, coercion, influence policy) the object of the conspiracy is subject to:

A: fined under this title or imprisoned for any term of years or for life, or both so fined and so imprisoned.

Most Respectfully,
R

RE: Palestine Today
※→ P F Tinmore, et al,

Your question is a matter of "domestic law."

Excerpts
18 U.S. Code § 2331 - Definitions
(5) the term “domestic terrorism” means activities that—
(A) involve acts dangerous to human life that are a violation of the criminal laws of the United States or of any State;
(B) appear to be intended—
(i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population;
(ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or
(iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping; and
18 U.S. Code § 2332 - Criminal penalties
b) Attempt or Conspiracy With Respect to Homicide.—Whoever outside the United States attempts to kill, or engages in a conspiracy to kill, a national of the United States shall—
(1) in the case of an attempt to commit a killing that is a murder as defined in this chapter, be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both; and
(2) in the case of a conspiracy by two or more persons to commit a killing that is a murder as defined in section 1111(a) of this title, if one or more of such persons do any overt act to effect the object of the conspiracy, be fined under this title or imprisoned for any term of years or for life, or both so fined and so imprisoned.

sfphotosthree552918.jpg

(COMMENT)

Each country's laws are different.

In the United States, it is a matter of an "overt act" → if one or more of such persons do any overt act to effect (intimidation, coercion, influence policy) the object of the conspiracy is subject to:

A: fined under this title or imprisoned for any term of years or for life, or both so fined and so imprisoned.

Most Respectfully,
R
OK, ???

290718_shh_00_1.jpg

Shadi Hatem APA images
They are ex-cons now. Impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back