Palestine Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
45449533_2233417690011020_2964266872989548544_n.jpg

Palestinians in Gaza organize a sit-in to show support for the Palestinian parliamentarian, feminist and leftist leader Khalida Jarrar. Israel renewed the administrative detention Jarrar for the fourth time without charge or trial.

45340748_2230809533605169_341000959985451008_n.jpg

How many Zionist soldiers does it take to subdue a 14 year old Palestinian?

44558247_2223095664592003_8308145262337982464_n.jpg

Israel's claim to the land is based upon a fairy tale.

Israel's claim is based on the same claim of self-determination that the Arab Palestinian claim is. (Though the Jewish claim is the stronger claim). Did you want to argue against the principle of self-determination?
I want to argue the basis for the boundaries and the claim that Israel is entitled to that land based upon fairytales.

You people may not believe that the establishment of the nation of Israel after WWII was based upon biblical texts, but I can assure you that the powers who granted Israel that land did.

So which is it? Are those boundaries a fairytale or not?

The only person discussing boundaries based on "fairy tales" is you. The rest of us are discussing law. The establishment of Israel as a State is based on the international legal principle of self-determination of peoples. It is exactly the same principle from which the right of the Arab Palestinian claim derives. It is exactly the same principle which gave us Czech Republic and Slovakia; Bosnia and Herzegovina, and Serbia and Croatia and Montenegro and Kosovo and Slovenia and Macedonia; Jordan, Iraq, Lebanon; East Timor; South Sudan; Pakistan and India; and pretty much every state in Africa. There is not a fairy tale in sight.
The authorities that established the boundaries did so based upon biblical claims.

The international decision-making processes is responsible for the bad fruit. What basis did it have for granting Israel any land?

Self-determination of a peoples with a long history on that land. Again, did you want to argue against that principle?
No. I want to argue the basis of the boundaries.

They were not the only people with a long history of occupying those lands.

Do you want to argue against those people’s self determination?

I do not argue against any people's self-determination. I believe all of them should have it if they seek it. That most certainly includes BOTH the Jewish people and the Arab Palestinian people. It also includes Catalonia, Western Sahara, Northern Cyprus, Tibet, Kurdistan and all the First Nations of the Americas.

As to where the boundaries should be set between those seeking self-determination and existing states, it should be in a place negotiated between that particular state and the government of the peoples seeking the self-determination.

Do you disagree?
I agree that the creation of Israel was based upon biblical claims. Do you agree?

The international decision-making processes is responsible for the bad fruit. What basis did it have for granting Israel any land?

Self-determination of a peoples with a long history on that land. Again, did you want to argue against that principle?
No. I want to argue the basis of the boundaries.

They were not the only people with a long history of occupying those lands.

Do you want to argue against those people’s self determination?

I do not argue against any people's self-determination. I believe all of them should have it if they seek it. That most certainly includes BOTH the Jewish people and the Arab Palestinian people. It also includes Catalonia, Western Sahara, Northern Cyprus, Tibet, Kurdistan and all the First Nations of the Americas.

As to where the boundaries should be set between those seeking self-determination and existing states, it should be in a place negotiated between that particular state and the government of the peoples seeking the self-determination.

Do you disagree?
I agree that the creation of Israel was based upon biblical claims. Do you agree?

I think the terms "biblical claims" and "fairytales" are weaponized against the Jewish people for the purpose of diminishing and rejecting their legitimate historical claims.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back