Panama to become an associate country of Mercosur

Harpy Eagle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2017

The goal of this government is for Panama to become an Associate State of the Southern Common Market (Mercosur), a task that has already begun, reported the Minister of Commerce and Industry, Julio Moltó Alain.

Following the participation of President José Raúl Mulino in the Mercosur summit , held in Asunción on July 8, in which he expressed the interest of the Panamanian State, Minister Moltó together with Foreign Minister Javier Martínez Acha are preparing to hold several meetings.

This is a big deal for Panama and shows their growing status in the Region. They will be the first non South American country with Associate state status

Panama has the Canal ... and is economically quite prosperous ... the "World Economy" at it's finest ... goods from all parts of the world pass through every day all day long ...

Does Colon still have the Free Trade Zone? ... as long as you shipped out of Colon to the USA, goods were duty-free for military personnel ... woot ... why fentanyl and heroin is so damn cheap today ...

The goal of this government is for Panama to become an Associate State of the Southern Common Market (Mercosur), a task that has already begun, reported the Minister of Commerce and Industry, Julio Moltó Alain.

Following the participation of President José Raúl Mulino in the Mercosur summit , held in Asunción on July 8, in which he expressed the interest of the Panamanian State, Minister Moltó together with Foreign Minister Javier Martínez Acha are preparing to hold several meetings.

This is a big deal for Panama and shows their growing status in the Region. They will be the first non South American country with Associate state status
Does that mean the panamas have accepted your refugee asylum request?

Does that mean the panamas have accepted your refugee asylum request?

While there are a great many advantages to living there, the US has not fallen far enough that people are seeking asylum from it yet.

But it does mean when we do move there in 2029 their economy should be booming even more than now.

While there are a great many advantages to living there, the US has not fallen far enough that people are seeking asylum from it yet.

But it does mean when we do move there in 2029 their economy should be booming even more than now.
I hope you will renounce your American citizenship after you get there

I hope you will renounce your American citizenship after you get there

Why would I do that? That would be stupid.

I might get a dual citizenship after being there 5 years but I will always be coming back to the states to see family and such.

There are some advantages to having a 2nd passport

What child like thinking, you people and you emotion driven lives.
You refuse to support either of the two viable candidates

Thats cowardly

And you plan to defect to another country sd the decline you continue to takes place

i haven't checked mercosur membership for a while., thanks.

You refuse to support either of the two viable candidates

They both suck, why should I support a candidate that sucks?

Thats cowardly

No, it is cowardly to support a shitty candidate just because you think they are "viable'

And you plan to defect to another country sd the decline you continue to takes place

I am not defecting, I am moving along with hundreds of thousands of other Americans that want to experience living abroad.

There are some 25,000 US veterans living as ex-pats in the Dominican Republic, did they all defect as you claim I am doing?

Panama has the Canal ... and is economically quite prosperous ... the "World Economy" at it's finest ... goods from all parts of the world pass through every day all day long ...

Yep, the canal makes it one of the most strategically important counties in the world and the US has long neglected the country since giving the Canal back, at one point going 4 years under both Trump and Biden with an ambassador to the country.

They both suck, why should I support a candidate that sucks?

No, it is cowardly to support a shitty candidate just because you think they are "viable'

I am not defecting, I am moving along with hundreds of thousands of other Americans that want to experience living abroad.

There are some 25,000 US veterans living as ex-pats in the Dominican Republic, did they all defect as you claim I am doing?
people have been escaping the usa and enjoying freedom in the world for a long time. i was thinking of the "lost generation 100 years ago, but even founders like franklin spent years in europe.

Yep, the canal makes it one of the most strategically important counties in the world and the US has long neglected the country since giving the Canal back, at one point going 4 years under both Trump and Biden with an ambassador to the country.

My information is dated ... Panama was doing well in the midst of violence and warfare ... while the US defended the Canal, the Panamanians would guard the drug traffickers ...

We can trust the drug cartels to keep the Canal open to all ... [giggle] ... best business practice ...

My information is dated ... Panama was doing well in the midst of violence and warfare ... while the US defended the Canal, the Panamanians would guard the drug traffickers ...

We can trust the drug cartels to keep the Canal open to all ... [giggle] ... best business practice ...

I have been paying a lot more attention to the region as we plan to relocate there when we retire.

In the absence of much US involvement China has gained a lot of influence. They own the leases on the ports on both sides of the canal and handle the overland shipments of the containers.

Forum List

Back