PANIC IN BELGIUM Brussels train station explosion

I always love how without having ANY information you guys immediately seem to know that it was a Muslim and a foreigner. I'm Belgian btw, most terrorist attacks in Europe aren't committed by refugees but by second or third generation immigrants. Their parents came here and in general adapted to our way of live. Their children have usually the nationality of their adopted country. It is a complex sociological, moral and political problem and boiling it down to. Europeans are trash and they aren't xenophobic enough, is wrong in it's premise, simplistic, not to mention morally reprehensible.
He yelled Alluh Ahkbar!!

‘ISIS’ Suicide Bombing Stopped at Brussels Central Train Station
So what? Even if he did, does that somehow confirms your assertion this attack happened because our open borders?

Wake the fuck up, you stupid shit. If you didn't let them in, then how did they get there? The terrorist fairy?

You are too stupid to breathe without your brain stem.
They were already here. That little fact was literally my second sentence. They aren't Syrians, Iraqis or Moroccans. Its Belgians who are committing these crimes. They were born here went to school here, have build a life here. If you want to fight terrorism you don't drop bombs, you try to convince them that the life they have here is better than blowing yourself up in the name of a version of Allah's teachings that most Muslims find ridiculous. Every time you, and people like you yell." deport, kill, Islam is the enemy" you make trying to convince them harder. You strengthen their belief that the west is the enemy of Islam. I'm all for being vigilant, putting money in surveillance of suspected terrorist. But I want to stop it happening and the only way to do that is by looking at the reasons it is happening. That means looking at what the Muslims do wrong but also what makes teenage boys so disillusioned with Western society that blowing yourself up becomes a reasonable solution.
Just yesterday I had a talk with a teenaged student who thinks when he's got his equivalency diploma, he'd like to go into the military. I asked what type of work he'd like to do--there are so many ways to branch out. He said "I just want to be a badass."

That's part of it, too, Forkup. A lot of young men go through a phase of wanting to be a badass. ISIS gives them a really romantic vision of being a rough, tough guy. I'm not sure we can ever get rid of that impulse, but we can certainly work on helping the badass boys realize that killing innocent civilians is NOT cool.

Tell him to go into the air force or army, not Marines.

Y U talky to students on June 20?

Thank you
DCx0ao0XkAABFyo
Who can read French?
Dalia

I always love how without having ANY information you guys immediately seem to know that it was a Muslim and a foreigner. I'm Belgian btw, most terrorist attacks in Europe aren't committed by refugees but by second or third generation immigrants. Their parents came here and in general adapted to our way of live. Their children have usually the nationality of their adopted country. It is a complex sociological, moral and political problem and boiling it down to. Europeans are trash and they aren't xenophobic enough, is wrong in it's premise, simplistic, not to mention morally reprehensible.
He yelled Alluh Ahkbar!!

So what? Even if he did, does that somehow confirms your assertion this attack happened because our open borders?

Wake the fuck up, you stupid shit. If you didn't let them in, then how did they get there? The terrorist fairy?

They were already here. That little fact was literally my second sentence. They aren't Syrians, Iraqis or Moroccans. Its Belgians who are committing these crimes. They were born here went to school here, have build a life here. If you want to fight terrorism you don't drop bombs, you try to convince them that the life they have here is better than blowing yourself up in the name of a version of Allah's teachings that most Muslims find ridiculous. Every time you, and people like you yell." deport, kill, Islam is the enemy" you make trying to convince them harder. You strengthen their belief that the west is the enemy of Islam. I'm all for being vigilant, putting money in surveillance of suspected terrorist. But I want to stop it happening and the only way to do that is by looking at the reasons it is happening. That means looking at what the Muslims do wrong but also what makes teenage boys so disillusioned with Western society that blowing yourself up becomes a reasonable solution.
Just yesterday I had a talk with a teenaged student who thinks when he's got his equivalency diploma, he'd like to go into the military. I asked what type of work he'd like to do--there are so many ways to branch out. He said "I just want to be a badass."

That's part of it, too, Forkup. A lot of young men go through a phase of wanting to be a badass. ISIS gives them a really romantic vision of being a rough, tough guy. I'm not sure we can ever get rid of that impulse, but we can certainly work on helping the badass boys realize that killing innocent civilians is NOT cool.
I know that's true, I know there are people who think like that, but it's hard to relate. Put me in a combat uniform, drop a gun in my hand, and helicopter me into an active war zone and you'll quickly see me laying on the ground in the fetal position.

That's some crazy shit right there.

It would be better if they were never let into the country to begin with.
Thats the problem with liberals,after every terrorist attack you wring your hands, and not only do you do nothing about it you exacerbate the problem by letting more of them in.

If you want to commit suicide I'm sure there are plenty tall buildings or other structures you can jump off but I dont want to go down with you thanks.

And the problem with you rightwingers is after every terrorist attack you want to round everyone up and intern them. (yes, we can all broad brush)

We right-wingers are not dreamers, but realists. Only effective measures can prevent Muslim terror in any western country.

Agree.

Though we might disagree on "effective".

Good vetting on immigrants/refugees.
Good relations with Muslim and immigrant communities and taking their reports seriously.
Beefing up policing and investing in it - quit cutting police forces.
Quit starting wars in the ME.
Better sharing intelligence.
Deporting foreign nationals associated with terrorism (even if they haven't yet committed an act) or who have violent criminal records.
Looking at ways of reducing/eliminating terrorist propoganda from social media and the internet.
Make possession of it a serious crime and distribution of it even more so.

Like that'll work.
Half the time these terrorist are known to the police and the gov yet they do nothing due to political correctness.
I don't know about other countries, but here it is because the FBI is overworked and understaffed. Do NOT support budget cuts on that agency. They need MORE people and MORE ability to do their jobs. It's not P.C. slowing them down.

Holy shit do they have you suckered.....
There's not enough money yet they have no problem building a massive data storage facility to keep track of American citizens.

Utah Data Center - Wikipedia

You're absolutely correct, it doesn't matter if it's a first generation immigrant or a third, all Muslims are a danger.
What do you propose then? Kill all Muslims? Lock them up? Make them wear a sign? For once I would like somehow like you to think it trough all the way before spouting something.

Stop all Muslim immigration into Western countries.
-For a country that can attribute a lot of it's early immigrants to people escaping religious persecution, you sound terrible xenophobia.
Deport all non-citizen Muslims.
-Making being the right religion a condition of acceptance in a country and punishing those who don't have the right religion are tings that belong during the times of the Spanish inquisition, or more recently Hitlers Germany, neither of those things I hope you want to be associated with.
Closely monitor the rest on social media and at mosques, pick them up for treason as soon as they show signs of sympathy for ISIS, and deport them.
Thought police? How do you regulate thoughts. On this forum alone their are people who's beliefs aren't compatible with what most people would consider decent human relations. I've seen holocaust deniers, Christian religious zealots, people on both sides who wish violence on those who don't believe like them. Are they all traitors? And deport them to were? They have no nationality but that of the country they are deported from?

Just the ones that go around blowing people up. You're making this entirely too difficult.
How do you distinguish between those who talk smack online and those who find it a good idea to act out in real life?

There is no distinction. Openly supporting the enemy of the West makes one a traitor.

Adult Ed. We go all year.

And the problem with you rightwingers is after every terrorist attack you want to round everyone up and intern them. (yes, we can all broad brush)

We right-wingers are not dreamers, but realists. Only effective measures can prevent Muslim terror in any western country.

Agree.

Good relations with Muslim and immigrant communities and taking their reports seriously.
Deporting foreign nationals associated with terrorism (even if they haven't yet committed an act) or who have violent criminal records.
Looking at ways of reducing/eliminating terrorist propoganda from social media and the internet.

Like that'll work.
Half the time these terrorist are known to the police and the gov yet they do nothing due to political correctness.
I don't know about other countries, but here it is because the FBI is overworked and understaffed. Do NOT support budget cuts on that agency. They need MORE people and MORE ability to do their jobs. It's not P.C. slowing them down.
I read last week I believe, that following one suspected terrorist takes 30 full time agents. I think it's pretty impossible to cover them all.

Then they wear an ankle bracelet or they can get the fuk out.

He yelled Alluh Ahkbar!!

We can start trying to take the romance out of it. Stop reporting on it as much as possible. I'll give an analogy. FIFA and UEFA have a policy that prohibits the networks to show streakers running on the fields. When it happens the camera's turn away and those who do it aren't allowed in any stadium and/or are fined. Result less people do it. Start there. Less reporting won't stop it but it does take the audience away, making blowing yourself up both fatal and meaningless.

Agree.

Like that'll work.

There's not enough money yet they have no problem building a massive data storage facility to keep track of American citizens.

Front line FBI investigators have nothing to do with that. I support massive data storage facilities to keep track of American citizens like budding terrorists and crazy nuts like the guy who slit throats on the Seattle train.

What do you propose then? Kill all Muslims? Lock them up? Make them wear a sign? For once I would like somehow like you to think it trough all the way before spouting something.

Stop all Muslim immigration into Western countries.
-For a country that can attribute a lot of it's early immigrants to people escaping religious persecution, you sound terrible xenophobia.
Deport all non-citizen Muslims.
-Making being the right religion a condition of acceptance in a country and punishing those who don't have the right religion are tings that belong during the times of the Spanish inquisition, or more recently Hitlers Germany, neither of those things I hope you want to be associated with.
Closely monitor the rest on social media and at mosques, pick them up for treason as soon as they show signs of sympathy for ISIS, and deport them.
Thought police? How do you regulate thoughts. On this forum alone their are people who's beliefs aren't compatible with what most people would consider decent human relations. I've seen holocaust deniers, Christian religious zealots, people on both sides who wish violence on those who don't believe like them. Are they all traitors? And deport them to were? They have no nationality but that of the country they are deported from?

Just the ones that go around blowing people up. You're making this entirely too difficult.
How do you distinguish between those who talk smack online and those who find it a good idea to act out in real life?

There is no distinction. Openly supporting the enemy of the West makes one a traitor.
What about not supporting freedom of religion, a core WESTERN value. Does that make someone a traitor?

Agree.

Like that'll work.
I read last week I believe, that following one suspected terrorist takes 30 full time agents. I think it's pretty impossible to cover them all.

Then they wear an ankle bracelet or they can get the fuk out.

They need to have more fun. I have been dying to find a spot to post this guy. Make them race the flash while WEARING and ankle braclet. This guy is great. He may help to save Baseball as much as Sausage races.

We can start trying to take the romance out of it. Stop reporting on it as much as possible. I'll give an analogy. FIFA and UEFA have a policy that prohibits the networks to show streakers running on the fields. When it happens the camera's turn away and those who do it aren't allowed in any stadium and/or are fined. Result less people do it. Start there. Less reporting won't stop it but it does take the audience away, making blowing yourself up both fatal and meaningless.
I envy the state of affairs in media in Europe. Here it is our God given constitutional right to go whole hog wild with news coverage of every sensational thing -- we are only JUST getting You Tube to start taking down ISIS recruitment videos. We like free speech so much we're killing ourselves.

Agree.

Like that'll work.

Front line FBI investigators have nothing to do with that. I support massive data storage facilities to keep track of American citizens like budding terrorists and crazy nuts like the guy who slit throats on the Seattle train.

The budget is the budget.

What about not supporting freedom of religion, a core WESTERN value. Does that make someone a traitor?

We do not support the Religion of MS-13 or Mafia or Volleyball or Cocaine.
Islam must be declared "not a legitimate religion" in the USA or state by state? We don't have to go along with every Tom Dick and Harry. End of story.

Something needs to be done. I don't pretend to have all the answers. As Costanza said "It is called negotiation Jerry, N E G O......T I AT I O N"

Last edited:
Ah crap. And here it goes again :(

At least the attacker was the only casualty.

And here lies the problem......

It would be better to get them alive...

And to risk dozens of 'causalities' more.
Only a dead terrorist is a good terrorist.
Moi, I am here to help with French language if you need it , attacks in Europe is almost every day...pretty dégusting!

I envy the state of affairs in media in Europe. Here it is our God given constitutional right to go whole hog wild with news coverage of every sensational thing -- we are only JUST getting You Tube to start taking down ISIS recruitment videos. We like free speech so much we're killing ourselves.
Nah it's not so much free speech it's money. Most people here get news on state channels like BBC or in our case VRT. A notable difference is that newscasts are shorter and no commercials during them. In the states (My wife is American) The broadcaster plugs some sensational segment, runs a commercial and then does the segment. Most things that effect people in a meaningful way aren't sexy. In the US not sexy is not newsworthy because it doesn't draw advertising, this is less the case here. Note I say less, we are not immune from those pressures.

What's wrong with the Marines, Marion Morrison? Be careful there, my kid was a Marine.
This kid, btw, is pretty much limited to Army or Navy. They've really tightened up on accepting equivalency diplomas. They'll take up to 10%. Air Force--fuggettaboutit.

LIVE: Verdachte overleden na ontploffing in Brussel-Centraal. Parket gaat uit van terreuraanslag
BRUSSELS NORTH + CENTRAL PROVISIONAL CLOSE Brussels-Central and Brussels-North remain for the time being for all rail traffic. According to Infrabel spokesman Arnaud Reymann, it is not certain whether the stations will open tomorrow. The infrastructure manager works with the NMBS on an "alternative plan" for the busy North-South connection. At about 20:30 there was a blast in the Central Station. According to Reymann, Infrabel was informed at 20.49, after which the train traffic was stopped immediately and the station was evacuated. This was also the case for Brussels-North. Trains to Brussels have since then all Brussels-South as the terminal. The train traffic is also redirected around Brussels. Because it is not yet clear whether the traffic will be restored tomorrow, Reymann is working on an alternative to the busy North-South connection. It is not yet clear what exactly should look like. Meanwhile, the area around Brussels-Central is still fully closed. 00u09 DEPENDENT VEHICLE ON GRASS MARKET The demolition service DOVO is investigating a suspicious vehicle on the Grasmarkt. The security zone was expanded. That is what Belga's press agency attaches on the spot.

Same link, translated

GRASS MARKET COMPLETELY DISTRIBUTED The police have completely evacuated the Grasmarkt and keep everyone at a distance as a result of a new intervention. The army's demolition service, DOVO, is working on a suspicious vehicle. According to Belga, the police is particularly nervous. The Grasmarkt had been cleared earlier in the evening because it was part of the security zone around the Central Station. Even the market was released so that the federal parquet could give a press conference there, but shortly after the end of that press conference, DOVO came to the scene and closed the police again. That could not be equal to all passers-bys.

Forum List

Back