Paul Gosar is Censured

Firstly the "joke" is about killing another human being. And put forth by a member of the government that could easily push a constituent to take the joke seriously. We saw this with Bill O'Reilly and the death of Doctor Tiller.

Bill O'Reilly's Dangerous War Against Dr. Tiller - Rolling Stone

He repeatedly referred to him as “Tiller the Baby Killer” and hurled all sorts of other epithets in Tiller's direction
But O'Reilly was just using his freedumb of speech right?

Too bad someone took him seriously and killed someone

Paul Gosar has been cesured. He has been removed from his committee.

He should be removed. He could not do that on any job in the country.

View attachment 565398

What he did didn't meet the very lowest standards of what we want our congressman to be. How can such a prejudiced and immature person represent all the people in his district; they cannot.
He needs to be recalled.

I quite agree that what Gosar did was poor taste, juvenile, and dumb. Not criminal.

But beyond that idiot Representative who has long left a trail of breadcrumbs to his level of weirdness.....an aspect of this whole brouhaha that I found notable was: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.
Again.

I listened to her speak today about this vote. She is impressive in these situations of high-dudgeon. She can bring it. Credibly.

Recall how she appropriately, righteously, gut & skinned that boneheaded Representative, Ted Yoho of Florda, on the floor of the House for calling her.....in front of a journalist and one or more other legislators.....a "f****** bitch".

The way she articulately and earnestly excoriated that mutt was very impressive. You can catch it on YouTube. It is worth the view.
No in his position as an authority figure in the government it is criminal. His own family fears him the guy is probably criminally insane.

AMEN!

I'm not a woman, but that has to be scary. Especially since Cortez gets all kinds of death threats.

The first thing those assholes do after they fuck up is claim it was a joke. This "joke" shows us why Gosar is not a comedian. Because he ain't funny.

It wasn't a joke.

He only claimed it was because he's now facing consequences for his very horrible choice.

Thank you for your reply.

Men don't realize what women go through on a day to day basis.

We have been taught since we were small to be careful. Don't go to certain places. Don't wear certain clothes. Learn to spot dangerous men.

And..........

ALWAYS take every threat from men seriously.

No matter who that man is.

Those who don't end up harmed or sometimes dead.

What he did didn't meet the very lowest standards of what we want our congressman to be. How can such a prejudiced and immature person represent all the people in his district; they cannot.
He needs to be recalled.
While your position has merit, the constitution doesn't provide for such an action. The only people who can remove a member of congress is 2/3rds of the members of that chamber.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Expelling him is up to the House. Stricter vote.

I simply oppose prosecuting someone for an offensive doctored cartoon clip. I don't believe any reasonable person would take that as an incitement to violence. Stupid yes. Criminal no.
Agreed. It clearly wasn’t itself an incitement to violence nor does it appear to have been intended as anything to incite any violence. I’d venture the guess that it was intended only for juvenile amusement like many memes.
I also think it was stupid.

I loathe Cathy Griffin. But her insane image of her holding up then President Trump’s bloody severed “head” obviously wasn’t an actual incitement to assassinate the President.

5E294ED5-40E6-4EFE-BCF4-BCE0384E76E4.jpeg

They don’t even realize the new normal they have created. Just look at these posts. When this starts happening to dems after next year they will change their tune.
Overall, Democrats are not that immature and stupid; there will always exceptions. At this time in history it seems like more of a republican problem.

• Thanks
We will use it for better reasons than retaliation for hurt feelings over a joke. Like stripping committees from dems fucking Chinese spies. Dems calling for anti- semitism. Dems bailing out antifa from jail, dems calling for getting in peoples faces.

real reasons.

Right wing propaganda is not a reason for censure.

He needs to be recalled.
Exactly.

It wasn't a joke.

He only claimed it was because he's now facing consequences for his very horrible choice.

Thank you for your reply.

Men don't realize what women go through on a day to day basis.

We have been taught since we were small to be careful. Don't go to certain places. Don't wear certain clothes. Learn to spot dangerous men.

And..........

ALWAYS take every threat from men seriously.

No matter who that man is.

Those who don't end up harmed or sometimes dead.
I understand those rules completely. They are similar to what we are told relative to race. But I am a man and I have seen what some men do.

You spelled awful wrong.
No, I said awesome. I haven't been radicalized like you. I look at Cortez and see a young woman speaking hard cold truth to power. And she's fearless. I support people like that.

No, I said awesome. I haven't been radicalized like you. I look at Cortez and see a young woman speaking hard cold truth to power.
The RWI sees itself as Pure.
That is the Flaw.

We other, Any Race, see this as a problem.
The entitled RWI will NEVER see this,

As they don't want the actual History of "Cowboys and Indians" or "Slave History" to be exposed.

The RWI sees itself as Pure.
That is the Flaw.

We other, Any Race, see this as a problem.
The entitled RWI will NEVER see this,

As they don't want the actual History of "Cowboys and Indians" or "Slave History" to be exposed.
It spoils their fairy tale.

Agreed. It clearly wasn’t itself an incitement to violence nor does it appear to have been intended as anything to incite any violence. I’d venture the guess that it was intended only for juvenile amusement like many memes.
I also think it was stupid.

I loathe Cathy Griffin. But her insane image of her holding up then President Trump’s bloody severed “head” obviously wasn’t an actual incitement to assassinate the President.

View attachment 565550

What elected office did she hold?

• Thanks

Forum List

Back