Paul Gosar is Censured

I don't care what his siblings think.

Prosecuted for WHAT?

Look up the following federal law:

18 U.S. Code § 115 - Influencing, impeding, or retaliating against a Federal official.​

(B)
threatens to assault, kidnap, or murder, a United States official, a United States judge, a Federal law enforcement officer, or an official whose killing would be a crime under such section, with intent to impede, intimidate, or interfere with such official, judge, or law enforcement officer while engaged in the performance of official duties, or with intent to retaliate against such official, judge, or law enforcement officer on account of the performance of official duties, shall be punished as provided in subsection (b).

A video of murdering a coworker is a threat and meant to intimidate that coworker in the US House of Reps.

gosar violated that law.

Look up the following federal law:

18 U.S. Code § 115 - Influencing, impeding, or retaliating against a Federal official.​

(B)
threatens to assault, kidnap, or murder, a United States official, a United States judge, a Federal law enforcement officer, or an official whose killing would be a crime under such section, with intent to impede, intimidate, or interfere with such official, judge, or law enforcement officer while engaged in the performance of official duties, or with intent to retaliate against such official, judge, or law enforcement officer on account of the performance of official duties, shall be punished as provided in subsection (b).

A video of murdering a coworker is a threat and meant to intimidate that coworker in the US House of Reps.

gosar violated that law.
That's a stretch to say the least.

Criminally prosecuted for what?
I agree, I don't think there is anything to prosecute him for, at least not that I know of. He's a real piece of shit and his wingnut constituents should vote him out but they won't.

It was not a threat. It's no different than hanging Bush or Obama or Trump in effigy. It was a parody. Harmless idiocy. Nothing more.

I'm going to try to explain this to you.

This is a woman who's male coworker made a video of him murdering her.

This man influences people in his district. He may not harm her, but one of his supporters might.

He might even harm her. As a woman I can tell you that we women have had to learn to take such things seriously. Especially when they come from people who obviously aren't mentally healthy.

His video was intimidating and threatening to her. She said so herself. If I had been her I would have felt the same way.

This nation has a very long history of women being threatened, the authorities don't do much of anything resulting with the woman ending up harmed or dead.

Women have learned from decades of being taught to be careful, stay away from crazy men, that we MUST take threats seriously. That we MUST take intimidation seriously.

This wasn't a joke. It was a crime.

You can't invalidate her just because he said it was a joke.

She has the RIGHT to feel threatened, intimidated and scared. Those are normal and proper reactions to such a video from a coworker.

Finally, if this had happened in the private sector, if an executive had made such a video about his coworker, that executive would have been fired. Quickly. The woman coworker having a case of harassment, intimidation, threats and creating a hostile work environment, probably would be looking for the best lawyer to sue.

You aren't a women. You have no idea what it's like to be intimidated and threatened by a man as a woman. You don't have the right to invalidate how she feels and her very normal reaction.

No, its because you support Anti-Semitic behavior. There was no exaggeration of their racist comments. Normal people think you’re as stupid as a box of rocks.
Actually you guys conflated Ilhan Omars statement against the Israeli government as anti semitism against jews.

They don’t even realize the new normal they have created. Just look at these posts. When this starts happening to dems after next year they will change their tune.
When a democrat consistently incites violence by repeating lies about a stolen election, supports the insurrection then makes a violent cartoon, or statements, I will be for their censure. Opposition to right wing lies is none of that.

You haven't provided an answer. You're just dancing around it. It's a simple yes or no question. Should Kathy Griffin be criminally prosecuted, being held to the same standard you said Gosar should be?

Yes she should have if she broke the law.

She did lose her job and has a hard time ever since. She's basically been blacklisted.

gosar still has his job and isn't blacklisted.

I'm going to try to explain this to you.

This is a woman who's male coworker made a video of him murdering her.

This man influences people in his district. He may not harm her, but one of his supporters might.

He might even harm her. As a woman I can tell you that we women have had to learn to take such things seriously. Especially when they come from people who obviously aren't mentally healthy.

His video was intimidating and threatening to her. She said so herself. If I had been her I would have felt the same way.

This nation has a very long history of women being threatened, the authorities don't do much of anything resulting with the woman ending up harmed or dead.

Women have learned from decades of being taught to be careful, stay away from crazy men, that we MUST take threats seriously. That we MUST take intimidation seriously.

This wasn't a joke. It was a crime.

You can't invalidate her just because he said it was a joke.

She has the RIGHT to feel threatened, intimidated and scared. Those are normal and proper reactions to such a video from a coworker.

Finally, if this had happened in the private sector, if an executive had made such a video about his coworker, that executive would have been fired. Quickly. The woman coworker having a case of harassment, intimidation, threats and creating a hostile work environment, probably would be looking for the best lawyer to sue.

You aren't a women. You have no idea what it's like to be intimidated and threatened by a man as a woman. You don't have the right to invalidate how she feels and her very normal reaction.
AMEN!

I'm not a woman, but that has to be scary. Especially since Cortez gets all kinds of death threats.

The first thing those assholes do after they fuck up is claim it was a joke. This "joke" shows us why Gosar is not a comedian. Because he ain't funny.

It most certainly was a threat....by a prominent member of Congress against another member of Congress and the President of the United States.....and show me an example of a member of Congress being STUPID enough to publically hand Bush or Obama or Trump in effigy.

BTW: did you notice he tried to pass the responsibility off on his staff?
Reminded me of when Cancun Ted blamed his daughters.

Forum List

Back