Paul Gosar is Censured

Gospar is being held to a higher standard. But he is also protected by the exact same Constitution as Griffin.

There is no crime here. He acted like an ass, and he is getting a lot of blowback for it.
In his district (THE most conservative in AZ) he could literally have killed AOC on the floor and been reelected. I think that's sad, and not unlike Donald's claim that he could shoot someone on 5th Avenue and his minions would still love him.

THreats of violence towards a member of Congress and the President of the United States.
It was not a threat. It's no different than hanging Bush or Obama or Trump in effigy. It was a parody. Harmless idiocy. Nothing more.

In his district (THE most conservative in AZ) he could literally have killed AOC on the floor and been reelected. I think that's sad, and not unlike Donald's claim that he could shoot someone on 5th Avenue and his minions would still love him.
Sure. Gerrymandering and massive campaign spending have resulted in a 98 percent re-election rate for members of the House for at least the past 50 years. That is not an exaggeration. That's the actual figure for those who choose to run for re-election.

If the voters of Gospar's district want to re-elect a full blown retard, that tells me more about those voters than him. Gospar, like every other politician, does exactly what the voters want him to do. And Gospar's voters want him to act like a shit-flinging baboon.

We get the politicians we deserve.

It was not a threat. It's no different than hanging Bush or Obama or Trump in effigy. It was a parody. Harmless idiocy. Nothing more.
It most certainly was a threat....by a prominent member of Congress against another member of Congress and the President of the United States.....and show me an example of a member of Congress being STUPID enough to publically hand Bush or Obama or Trump in effigy.

BTW: did you notice he tried to pass the responsibility off on his staff?

It most certainly was a threat....by a prominent member of Congress against another member of Congress and the President of the United States.....and show me an example of a member of Congress being STUPID enough to publically hand Bush or Obama or Trump in effigy.

BTW: did you notice he tried to pass the responsibility off on his staff?
Like Wasserman Schultz did?

That's not what I asked. Should she be in prison?
Sure...both her AND Gosar....or neither her nor Gosar.

Do you believe Kathy Griffin has the SAME ability and access to do harm to the fat former guy as Gosar has the ability and access to do harm to AOC?

What do you think about the con-cept of a toxic work environment?

Sure. Gerrymandering and massive campaign spending have resulted in a 98 percent re-election rate for members of the House for at least the past 50 years. That is not an exaggeration. That's the actual figure for those who choose to run for re-election.

If the voters of Gospar's district want to re-elect a full blown retard, that tells me more about those voters than him. Gospar, like every other politician, does exactly what the voters want him to do. And Gospar's voters want him to act like a shit-flinging baboon.

We get the politicians we deserve.

98% ??? I don't think the number is QUITE that high but I'll take your word for it.
TERM LIMITS is the only solution. The longer they stay, the more corrupt and entrenched they become.

My proposal:

House - Four terms or eight years
Senate - Two terms or twelve years
Scotus - Fifteen years or mandatory retirement at age 70

POTUS only gets eight years max. Why not limit the rest of these bastards?

"Legislatures"? You mean legislators? What does that have to do with the right to free speech?

"A higher standard". So all you have is unprofessional behavior and bad taste, neither of which are illegal.
Legislatures are made up of individual members, known as legislators, who vote on proposed laws. A legislature usually contains a fixed number of legislators; because legislatures usually meet in a specific room filled with seats for the legislators, this is often described as the number of "seats" it contains.

<sigh> My fault for engaging with morons. Next time, read up and then come to battle. :itsok:

Incorrect....I DO have the idea. You just don't like my answer. Surprising.

You haven't provided an answer. You're just dancing around it. It's a simple yes or no question. Should Kathy Griffin be criminally prosecuted, being held to the same standard you said Gosar should be?

Forum List

Back