Paul Ryan: The "Clever" racist

Former Excellus CEO received $12.9 million retirement bonus | Rochester Business Journal New York business news and information
Former Excellus CEO received $12.9 million retirement bonus
Struggling Divine gave CEO bonus - Chicago Tribune
Struggling Divine gave CEO bonus
$21 million payday for Goldman Sachs CEO Blankfein - Jan. 18, 2013
$21 million payday for Goldman Sachs CEO
CEO bonuses are up 31% - Business Insider

Ex-CEO Schmidt gets $101M pay package in new Google job ? USATODAY.com
Ex-CEO Schmidt gets $101M pay package in new Google job
And the right stands on the premise that this is work.
$30 billion in bonuses last year for the top CEO's .

If their employers think they deserve it, who are you to say they don't? Are those private businesses? Is that taxpayer money?

Does anyone here REALLY think that Ryan wants to 'integrate the poor' into his community?

What BS that is. Ryan doesn't want poor inner city men in his community, integrated or otherwise.

That's not what he means. What he means is that he wants them to earn their way into his community by working at education and their jobs, not that he wants tenement buildings built in his community. How did you not get that?

Does anyone here REALLY think that Ryan wants to 'integrate the poor' into his community?

What BS that is. Ryan doesn't want poor inner city men in his community, integrated or otherwise.

That's not what he means. What he means is that he wants them to earn their way into his community by working at education and their jobs, not that he wants tenement buildings built in his community. How did you not get that?

No he said that we've isolated our poor into poverty-stricken communities and that perpetuates poverty.

How did you miss that?

We have allowed our society to isolate or quarantine the poor rather than integrate people into our communities.

Last edited:
Thats what sucks about being a black conservative...knowing you are voting with a faction of the GOP who is indeed racist and voting with a party that refuses to denounce such racists and groups.

First of all, what a load of crap.

Second of all, what black conservatives point to that sucks about being a black conservative is how they are targeted by the left for being black and a conservative. The left target them BECAUSE they are black. You can't see your nose in front of your face where the overt racism resides in this country. Blacks being OK as long as they do your bidding is just flat out racism.

Paul Ryan insists his ‘inarticulate’ comments about ‘inner city’ men were not about race

See?

When Paul talks about the "culture" of the citizens in the "inner city" he didnt mean "culture" or "inner city". What he really meant was everyone everywhere and just failed to "articulate" it correctly. :lol:

Good job GOP...Maybe you can win an election without blacks. Just stop defending shit like this and asking why you arent an attractive option for blacks.

Typically when you talk down to people....studies have shown they dont really appreciate it

Are you saying that there isn't a problem specifically affecting black people, specifically in the inner cities? Not sure of the angle here..

Blacks won't admit to it as they'd have to admit that some of the criticism is right. Ego is far to big!

I think most would not charterize it a just a "black" problem. There are inner city poor and destitute of all races and ethnicities. The fact is...there are poor folk all through out this Nation. That is the ANGLE!!!!

Focusing on only "black" folk is what has people scratching their heads. No one is denying "black" folk have problems; but who doesn't?

The fact that he backpedaled from those comments shows us he wasn't calculated in his words, or it was a miscalculation on his part. I don't think he was looking for the racists to rally around him, and if they did, it's not his problem, because what he said wasn't racist.
It is his problem if it makes him unelectable. It is our problem if racist rally behind him...shouldn't the GOP denounce racism. Shouldn't the GOP denounce hate and prejudice instead of coddle it for votes?

Yeah, I think so anyway. But the Democratic Party has harbored racists too.

Absolutely, both black and white. On both sides, the better term would probably be opportunists.

Yes it is because they move the money off shore and pay no taxes but that part escapes your train of thought.
But the parallel is the fact of poor and how the Ultra rich keep the division exactly as they want so those like you defend their greed.
But if workers ban together to receive more for their work they become the parasites.
You will never understand because you refuse too.
No one is making the statement that they should not make wages but......!
This is the real root of wealth re-distribution. At the elemental level.
Workers...No pay raises!
CEO's ....everything.

Former Excellus CEO received $12.9 million retirement bonus | Rochester Business Journal New York business news and information
Former Excellus CEO received $12.9 million retirement bonus
Struggling Divine gave CEO bonus - Chicago Tribune
Struggling Divine gave CEO bonus
$21 million payday for Goldman Sachs CEO Blankfein - Jan. 18, 2013
$21 million payday for Goldman Sachs CEO
CEO bonuses are up 31% - Business Insider

Ex-CEO Schmidt gets $101M pay package in new Google job ? USATODAY.com
Ex-CEO Schmidt gets $101M pay package in new Google job
And the right stands on the premise that this is work.
$30 billion in bonuses last year for the top CEO's .

If their employers think they deserve it, who are you to say they don't? Are those private businesses? Is that taxpayer money?

Last edited:
How is he pandering...he caused a fury, no. He has solidified a base and polarized the left from the right with his comments, no. Did he think that he was going to win the hearts and minds of blacks and liberals by commenting on a culture and community that he probably doesn't understand? Or did he think he was going to get a cheer from the haters in the GOP who want to blame all social issues on blacks? There is truth to what he said, yes...but if the GOP has ignored minorities and if they are considered to be racists by the left...why make those comments? Why ignore issues in other communities?

Paul Ryan is not a racist, neither is most of the GOP...they are politicians. Every word they say, every suit they adorn, down to the socks are carefully crafted, especially at Ryan's level. If getting elected means pissing off a minority that isn't going to vote for you while making your base cheer...then that is what these men will do. I find it hard to believe that the GOP and Ryan, with their wealth of intelligence, can't find a more diplomatic way to express conservative ideals (which aren't racist).

That's the problem with the GOP, instead of reiterating the idea that policy is colorblind, they allow the left to define their policy as color motivated.

The fact that he backpedaled from those comments shows us he wasn't calculated in his words, or it was a miscalculation on his part. I don't think he was looking for the racists to rally around him, and if they did, it's not his problem, because what he said wasn't racist.
It is his problem if it makes him unelectable. It is our problem if racist rally behind him...shouldn't the GOP denounce racism. Shouldn't the GOP denounce hate and prejudice instead of coddle it for votes?

It is our problem that there's a faction of Conservatives that are racist, but just because there are racists that support the party, doesn't mean our representatives should stop speaking the truth. One of the problems in these communities, I think, is people don't accept the truth and are looking for excuses. What he said might not have an affect on the situation, but he has only one voice, and if more people started speaking truths then maybe we'll see things start to change. As far as the political ramifications to what was said, I'm not sure what they are.

No he said that we've isolated our poor into poverty-stricken communities and that perpetuates poverty.

How did you miss that?

We have allowed our society to isolate or quarantine the poor rather than integrate people into our communities.
You're just repeating what you didn't grasp. He is talking about the cycle of poverty where the poor perpetuate the behaviors that keep them poor. That's what he's talking about, not just moving poor people into other neighborhoods. Seriously, you people are clueless.

Paul Ryan insists his ‘inarticulate’ comments about ‘inner city’ men were not about race

See?

When Paul talks about the "culture" of the citizens in the "inner city" he didnt mean "culture" or "inner city". What he really meant was everyone everywhere and just failed to "articulate" it correctly. :lol:

Good job GOP...Maybe you can win an election without blacks. Just stop defending shit like this and asking why you arent an attractive option for blacks.

Typically when you talk down to people....studies have shown they dont really appreciate it

Are you saying that there isn't a problem specifically affecting black people in the inner cities? I think there is, and don't think it's wrong to talk about it in a direct way. Sadly, the poorest areas with broken families, poverty, joblessness in Chicago are predominately black (maybe 98%) and the richest areas are predominately white.

Not sure of the angle here..

Blaming the problem on lazy blacks is racist no matter how many sentences you type to dance around it.

He didn't blame it on blacks, mo-fucking-ron! He blamed it on DEMOCRATS!

Thats what sucks about being a black conservative...knowing you are voting with a faction of the GOP who is indeed racist and voting with a party that refuses to denounce such racists and groups.

Second of all, what black conservatives point to that sucks about being a black conservative is how they are targeted by the left for being black and a conservative. The left target them BECAUSE they are black. You can't see your nose in front of your face where the overt racism resides in this country. Blacks being OK as long as they do your bidding is just flat out racism.

Damn Kaz....Why dont you just say you know better than the blacks and pretend that isnt racist in itself? The guy is a black conservative and you cant help yourself but to teach him why being a black conservative sucks. Sheesh.

The very definition of racism is thinking one race is better than another. Please Kaz save us blacks by dismissing what we say and tell us the white...errr...Right way to think. We need your help

Do you have a reading comprehension problem? I ask because your analysis of what he said doesn't match the meaning of what his words clearly convey. The difference between you and me is that you're claiming he meant something different than what his words clearly convey, while I just don't think he was sincere about what he clearly said.

Are you saying that there isn't a problem specifically affecting black people in the inner cities? I think there is, and don't think it's wrong to talk about it in a direct way. Sadly, the poorest areas with broken families, poverty, joblessness in Chicago are predominately black (maybe 98%) and the richest areas are predominately white.

Not sure of the angle here..

Blaming the problem on lazy blacks is racist no matter how many sentences you type to dance around it.

He didn't blame it on blacks, mo-fucking-ron! He blamed it on DEMOCRATS!

And he cited Charles Murray who doesnt speak about Democrats but how whites are superior to blacks. I guess that was just a big mistake or my black brain doesnt understand the connection huh?

Do you have a reading comprehension problem? I ask because your analysis of what he said doesn't match the meaning of what his words clearly convey. The difference between you and me is that you're claiming he meant something different than what his words clearly convey, while I just don't think he was sincere about what he clearly said.

So you're saying that Ryan doesn't really want poor people moving in his neighborhoods, and I'm saying no he doesn't, and you're saying I'm wrong, he does, but he's a liar because he doesn't.

So, you're right when you're saying that he doesn't, and I'm wrong when I say that he doesn't. Wow, you people are a hoot.

Why, because you think there is not a racist element in the GOP? Then we disagree, but you have to spew your vitriol...and you wonder why people who oppose your thought process have a VERY low opinion of you.
Yes, all black conservatives are the same...as defined by you. You hold the end decision as to what it means to be a black conservative. Are you black? How many black conservatives have you actually spoken to? How many black conservatives have you specifically asked about their feeling when it comes to a racist faction in the GOP. Can you even define faction? Are you older than 18 or did you just get out of school and your remedial debate class?

What do you know about being black, instead of your all knowing ego?

Bring on your insults...and sophomoric arguments. I probably won't respond because you have proven yourself to be incapable of having an adult conversation.

Well, there are plenty of white meth heads out in the rural boonies, but is his point really any different from the my brothers keeper folks trying to change the culture and mentor kids?

Damn Kaz....Why dont you just say you know better than the blacks and pretend that isnt racist in itself? The guy is a black conservative and you cant help yourself but to teach him why being a black conservative sucks. Sheesh.

The very definition of racism is thinking one race is better than another. Please Kaz save us blacks by dismissing what we say and tell us the white...errr...Right way to think. We need your help

First of all, unclench, remove stick.

Second, it's not my job to know who is black and who is white and even if I do I am still allowed to give my opinion on this ... a message board. Or anywhere else.

Third, I am not giving my opinion, I am repeating what black conservatives I know and who are in the public say. No, they don't know everything, but ramming your own stick up your own posterior doesn't make their views invalid.

As for the content, I see Nutz replied, so I'll address him. You can resume your self flagellation.

So you're saying that Ryan doesn't really want poor people moving in his neighborhoods, and I'm saying no he doesn't, and you're saying I'm wrong, he does, but he's a liar because he doesn't.

So, you're right when you're saying that he doesn't, and I'm wrong when I say that he doesn't. Wow, you people are a hoot.

So, first you misrepresent what Ryan said, and now you not only misrepresent what I said but what you said as well? Maybe you don't merely have a reading comprehension problem. Perhaps it's a problem with honesty.

Mr Ryan needs it pointed out to him that the most impoverished areas of the country are southern rural areas.

Bottom poorest states:

40Tennessee
41South Carolina
42Arizona
43West Virginia
44Oklahoma
45Arkansas
46Texas
47Alabama
48New Mexico
49Louisiana
50Mississippi