Paul Ryan: The "Clever" racist

No offense intended - but you did clearly misrepresent what Ryan said.

So you believe that Ryan meant he wants them to just relocate poor people as they are into his neighborhood? Seriously?

He clearly said that "quarantining" the poor has had a deleterious effect. He didn't mention moving people into any specific neighborhood and I never said he did.

Fair enough, but you jumped into a conversation where that was what I was being told and agreed that "I" am the one who misrepresented what he said when I said that is NOT what he's saying.

I also added this to my post above, I think after you quoted me:

I'm a libertarian, and we're discussing fiscal conservatism here, so in this area Ryan is speaking of that which I know. What Ryan is saying is mainstream in fiscal conservatism. Clearly there is a cycle of poverty where kids learn to be poor. We think they should be afforded opportunity, not handouts, and that is the only way to break that cycle. One can agree or disagree with that view, but it seems clear to me what Ryan is referring to since we come from the same perspective on that.

I like the accusation, not from your but from others in the conversation, that I don't know what they think they are liberals so I don't know, and I don't know what conservatives think, but they do. Oh, and "I" am the arrogant one....

Come on, give the guy a break. He is only speaking what the GOP thinks.

Last edited:
So you're saying that Ryan doesn't really want poor people moving in his neighborhoods, and I'm saying no he doesn't, and you're saying I'm wrong, he does, but he's a liar because he doesn't.

So, you're right when you're saying that he doesn't, and I'm wrong when I say that he doesn't. Wow, you people are a hoot.

So, first you misrepresent what Ryan said, and now you not only misrepresent what I said but what you said as well? Maybe you don't merely have a reading comprehension problem. Perhaps it's a problem with honesty.

Obviously liberals know best what conservatives think. And you clearly have an open mind and actually, truly want to understand. So I'll step out and leave you to your Republicans are a bunch of lying racists circle jerk.

I know what words mean when it comes to both their individual definitions and when they're strung together to make sentences. Now, if Ryan thinks something different than what he said, that's not my problem. That's his problem. Apparently it's your problem and other conservatives' problem as well when you guys find yourself in the unenviable position of trying to create a new meaning to the words that aren't there in the text of his quote. But it ain't my problem.

Don't we have a huge crime problem within the inner-city? Isn't it directly caused by a failure of men to give a fuck about their families? Oh'yess, we're not suppose to talk about it as it hurts someone's feelings.

The truth always does.

What are Paul Ryan's proposed solutions to these problems?

Something something boot straps

People like Ryan simply want to make poverty painful, so people will look harder for a job.

That, however, nowadays, simply means that instead of 500 people showing up stand in line for 20 jobs at a new store,

1000 people show up.

So, first you misrepresent what Ryan said, and now you not only misrepresent what I said but what you said as well? Maybe you don't merely have a reading comprehension problem. Perhaps it's a problem with honesty.

Obviously liberals know best what conservatives think. And you clearly have an open mind and actually, truly want to understand. So I'll step out and leave you to your Republicans are a bunch of lying racists circle jerk.

I know what words mean when it comes to both their individual definitions and when they're strung together to make sentences. Now, if Ryan thinks something different than what he said, that's not my problem. That's his problem. Apparently it's your problem and other conservatives' problem as well when you guys find yourself in the unenviable position of trying to create a new meaning to the words that aren't there in the text of his quote. But it ain't my problem.

What you said is one completely self serving interpretation of what he said. What Ryan said was clearly a reference to the cycle of poverty that fiscal conservatives believes keeps people poor. Obviously as a liberal you would know more about what we think than we do. Oh, and we're the arrogant ones.

He meant everyone, huh.

When did they move the white trash trailer parks to the middle of the inner cities? I must have missed when they did that.

To read here, one would think there were no white trash men bumming beer and cig money and not working every day all day.

White trash is invisible trash.

Regards from Rosie

No one here realizes this, but blacks on welfare receive housing in the inner city...whites on welfare get section 8 housing in apartment complexes in the suburbs.

Here, we don't seperate by races like that. The blacks and the whites get section 8 in the same complexes and trailer parks. Where do you live that sorting them by race is tolerated? In the cities, both blacks and whites get section 8 in the city. In rural or burbs, both blacks and whites get section 8 in the same complexes and parks. In both instances, they live side by side.

Ryan said..........clearly.....that inner city men don't even THINK ABOUT working....and that they are not familiar with the good that comes with working.

Fuck, nutters.....what percentage of inner city men DO NOT WORK and do not even think about working? Is it 100%? Is it 90%? 70%? 50%? Less?

Is Ryan talking out of his pasty white ass?

Last edited:
Paul Ryan insists his ‘inarticulate’ comments about ‘inner city’ men were not about race

Paul Ryan insists his ?inarticulate? comments about ?inner city? men were not about race | The Raw Story

Paul Ryan attempted to walk back Wednesday’s comment in which described a “culture in our inner cities in particular of men not working, and just generations of men not even thinking about working and learning the value and culture of work.”

In a statement issued to ThinkProgress, Ryan insisted that his comment wasn’t “a thinly veiled racial attack,” as Rep. Barbara Lee (D-CA), a member of the Congressional Black Caucus, characterized it.

“It is clear that I was inarticulate about the point I was trying to make,” Ryan said in the statement. “I was not implicating the culture of one community—but of society as a whole. We have allowed our society to isolate or quarantine the poor rather than integrate people into our communities. The predictable result has been multi-generational poverty and little opportunity. I also believe the government’s response has inadvertently created a poverty trap that builds barriers to work.”

Ryan told a blogger from Crew of 42 that his initial comments had “nothing to do whatsoever with race.”

See?

When Paul talks about the "culture" of the citizens in the "inner city" he didnt mean "culture" or "inner city". What he really meant was everyone everywhere and just failed to "articulate" it correctly. :lol:

Good job GOP...Maybe you can win an election without blacks. Just stop defending shit like this and asking why you arent an attractive option for blacks.

Typically when you talk down to people....studies have shown they dont really appreciate it
Oh I get it....You libs just created another buzz term for the old race card...
Now it's not PC to use the term "inner city"...Unless of course it's used by some lib politician campaigning for the "inner city" vote....
You people are so full of shit.

Paul Ryan insists his ‘inarticulate’ comments about ‘inner city’ men were not about race

Paul Ryan insists his ?inarticulate? comments about ?inner city? men were not about race | The Raw Story

Paul Ryan attempted to walk back Wednesday’s comment in which described a “culture in our inner cities in particular of men not working, and just generations of men not even thinking about working and learning the value and culture of work.”

In a statement issued to ThinkProgress, Ryan insisted that his comment wasn’t “a thinly veiled racial attack,” as Rep. Barbara Lee (D-CA), a member of the Congressional Black Caucus, characterized it.

“It is clear that I was inarticulate about the point I was trying to make,” Ryan said in the statement. “I was not implicating the culture of one community—but of society as a whole. We have allowed our society to isolate or quarantine the poor rather than integrate people into our communities. The predictable result has been multi-generational poverty and little opportunity. I also believe the government’s response has inadvertently created a poverty trap that builds barriers to work.”

Ryan told a blogger from Crew of 42 that his initial comments had “nothing to do whatsoever with race.”

See?

When Paul talks about the "culture" of the citizens in the "inner city" he didnt mean "culture" or "inner city". What he really meant was everyone everywhere and just failed to "articulate" it correctly. :lol:

Good job GOP...Maybe you can win an election without blacks. Just stop defending shit like this and asking why you arent an attractive option for blacks.

Typically when you talk down to people....studies have shown they dont really appreciate it

um Ryan is basically right. Take chicago as an example. This wasnt a racist comment.....Let it go

Don't we have a huge crime problem within the inner-city? Isn't it directly caused by a failure of men to give a fuck about their families? Oh'yess, we're not suppose to talk about it as it hurts someone's feelings.

The truth always does.

well no this isnt right either. Its not about not caring about families.

the only clever racist I see is you libs/left/democrats with Obama being the leader of it

See?

Are you saying that there isn't a problem specifically affecting black people in the inner cities? I think there is, and don't think it's wrong to talk about it in a direct way. Sadly, the poorest areas with broken families, poverty, joblessness in Chicago are predominately black (maybe 98%) and the richest areas are predominately white.

Not sure of the angle here..

Blaming the problem on lazy blacks is racist no matter how many sentences you type to dance around it.
he isnt just blaming lazy blacks. He is focusing on inner cities.
The words " In particular" means something.

I like women. In particular the ones that look Asian. I guess i must be sexist?

See?

Does anyone here REALLY think that Ryan wants to 'integrate the poor' into his community?

What BS that is. Ryan doesn't want poor inner city men in his community, integrated or otherwise.

Yes. Well, I can't read his mind but for many of us conservatives, YES! We want the poor integrated into our communities. Instead of a huge low income complex, we want distribution across the community. Children will grow up in better neighborhoods, multiple role models across economic classes, same schools as non poor children. We, the whole community, are much better able to absorb poor people, who will then be within distance of jobs, will have police patrolling their neighborhoods, and will personally witness people making it and how. Concentrating the poor in huge complexes, that ultimately turn into projects, keeps them in the poverty trap, no jobs, cops and mailmen afraid to enter, and few role models. So, definitely yes, in my community and your community.

the stupid GOP needs to stop apologizing everytime a Dimwit screams racism....

why not get really clever.......call those poor neighborhoods by their real name......Democrat Voting Blocks....

paul ryan cited a white nationalist lol....republican like to get information from white nationalist.

See?

um Ryan is basically right. Take chicago as an example. This wasnt a racist comment.....Let it go

Um..no.

Ryan is fundamentally wrong.

Here's a helpful cartoon to show you why:

Racism has been institutional in this country from it's roots. It was codified into the Constitution. It carried on after the Civil War into about the 1970s. And although it's been largely addressed, federally, it's still prevalent locally.

Minorities by the way, as part of this institutional racism were dumped into inner cities by design. Minorities have also been blocked, by design, from accruing wealth.

Ryan and his ilk almost completely ignores that and puts the blame squarely on the victims of this history.

And that's pretty disgusting.

don't you know, only Democrats are ALLOWED to speak about "black" people

it's because they feel they OWN THEM

that's the clever little racist in them...take this THREAD as an EXAMPLE

pathetic and low down desperate

Last edited:

Forum List

Back