Paul Ryan: The "Clever" racist

don't you know, only Democrats are ALLOWED to speak about "black" people

it's because they feel they OWN THEM

that's the clever little racist in them...take this THREAD as an EXAMPLE

Funny you are referring to Americans as "black people" and subject to "ownership".

:lol:

Obviously liberals know best what conservatives think. And you clearly have an open mind and actually, truly want to understand. So I'll step out and leave you to your Republicans are a bunch of lying racists circle jerk.

I know what words mean when it comes to both their individual definitions and when they're strung together to make sentences. Now, if Ryan thinks something different than what he said, that's not my problem. That's his problem. Apparently it's your problem and other conservatives' problem as well when you guys find yourself in the unenviable position of trying to create a new meaning to the words that aren't there in the text of his quote. But it ain't my problem.

What you said is one completely self serving interpretation of what he said. What Ryan said was clearly a reference to the cycle of poverty that fiscal conservatives believes keeps people poor. Obviously as a liberal you would know more about what we think than we do. Oh, and we're the arrogant ones.

No, you're wrong. Words have meaning. That's why, in an effort to help people with the understanding of words and their meaning, the DICTIONARY was created. People can use a dictionary to LOOK UP words and their meanings. However, some flexibility can be afforded, depending on the circumstances. So, for example when someone yells "FIRE," as a general rule it means that there are flames, maybe smoke, and that there's a danger of some building burning down, and naturally, immediate assistance is required to prevent that from happening. With flexibility, it COULD mean that there's DANGER and someone needs help ASAP. But it's not reasonable to assume that the person who's yelling FIRE means that he's about to swing a golf club simply because the word to yell in such situations is FORE.

What THAT means is that all of your tap dancing and nonsensical gibberish makes you look foolish.

Last edited:

Funny you are referring to Americans as "black people" and subject to "ownership".

that's how you all threat them...laugh all you want...look at your post, look at this thread
you people are sick

Paul Ryan attempted to walk back Wednesday’s comment in which described a “culture in our inner cities in particular of men not working, and just generations of men not even thinking about working and learning the value and culture of work.”

And his attempt clearly failed.

This is typical of the right’s non-racist racism, where “culture in our inner cities” is conservaspeak for African-American, exhibiting the hateful perception shared by many on the right with regard to ‘thug music’ ‘free stuff,’ and ‘entitlement mentality.’

be warned things were going to get dirty folks

Democrats are desperate as they see the writing on the wall

don't fall their games from the like of the left wing hate site such as rawstory

Last edited:
One of the things he mentioned that he seems to think is a problem is that we've "quarantined" poor people and not incorporated them into more prosperous communities.

And that means what?

I guess it means what it says - I don't try to read too much into it.

Well my original question was what are Paul Ryan's solutions. What you refer to is just another statement of what he thinks is the problem.

I dont think he has any solutions. I think he's just trying to make working/middle class Americans feel that it's the poor people's fault that they are poor,

therefore better off Americans need not feel guilty if they support the Ryan agenda,

which is basically to gut social spending.

Last edited:
Paul Ryan attempted to walk back Wednesday’s comment in which described a “culture in our inner cities in particular of men not working, and just generations of men not even thinking about working and learning the value and culture of work.”

And his attempt clearly failed.

This is typical of the right’s non-racist racism, where “culture in our inner cities” is conservaspeak for African-American, exhibiting the hateful perception shared by many on the right with regard to ‘thug music’ ‘free stuff,’ and ‘entitlement mentality.’

And here's the thing. They want to tear down anything meant to add the slightest parity to the historical record of institutional racism.

The just thing to do would have been, after the civil war, codified equality at every level of society and redistributed all wealth accrued by slavery and it's peripheral industries to the victims of it.

That didn't happened.

Nothing like that even came close.

Additionally, anyone paying attention to poverty and it's roots, knows it has absolutely nothing to do with the people impoverished and more to do with circumstance.

Removing barriers and enabling people who are in need is the way to go.

Last edited:

Whats wrong withblack people, its a legitimate description, your people came up with the stupid african american designation. Are all africans the same? A genralization like that is racist according to your kind

Paul Ryan insists his ‘inarticulate’ comments about ‘inner city’ men were not about race

Paul Ryan insists his ?inarticulate? comments about ?inner city? men were not about race | The Raw Story

See?

When Paul talks about the "culture" of the citizens in the "inner city" he didnt mean "culture" or "inner city". What he really meant was everyone everywhere and just failed to "articulate" it correctly. :lol:

Good job GOP...Maybe you can win an election without blacks. Just stop defending shit like this and asking why you arent an attractive option for blacks.

Typically when you talk down to people....studies have shown they dont really appreciate it

um Ryan is basically right. Take chicago as an example. This wasnt a racist comment.....Let it go

Um..no.

Ryan is fundamentally wrong.

Here's a helpful cartoon to show you why:

Racism has been institutional in this country from it's roots. It was codified into the Constitution. It carried on after the Civil War into about the 1970s. And although it's been largely addressed, federally, it's still prevalent locally.

Minorities by the way, as part of this institutional racism were dumped into inner cities by design. Minorities have also been blocked, by design, from accruing wealth.

Ryan and his ilk almost completely ignores that and puts the blame squarely on the victims of this history.

And that's pretty disgusting.

no he really isnt. He is just focusing on inner city when it should be about the youth being lazy and not really wanting to work because they feel entitled to things.
futhermore like i pointed out in chicago, you have an education, lack of work and culture issue. There are no jobs beyond gangbanging in chicago, so reality wise these young black kids grow up in that culture.

People need to stop abusing the word racism at every chance they think it happens. If you want to talk about these issues, then you need to talk about inner cities as well. Just because they happen to be somewhat mostly Minority dominated doesnt mean you cant touch the subject.

This goes the same for the reverse race baiters. Its old and annoying.

pathetic and low down desperate

shut up

Paul Ryan insists his ‘inarticulate’ comments about ‘inner city’ men were not about race

Paul Ryan insists his ?inarticulate? comments about ?inner city? men were not about race | The Raw Story

See?

When Paul talks about the "culture" of the citizens in the "inner city" he didnt mean "culture" or "inner city". What he really meant was everyone everywhere and just failed to "articulate" it correctly. :lol:

Good job GOP...Maybe you can win an election without blacks. Just stop defending shit like this and asking why you arent an attractive option for blacks.

Typically when you talk down to people....studies have shown they dont really appreciate it

um Ryan is basically right. Take chicago as an example. This wasnt a racist comment.....Let it go

Um..no.

Racism has been institutional in this country from it's roots. It was codified into the Constitution. It carried on after the Civil War into about the 1970s. And although it's been largely addressed, federally, it's still prevalent locally.

Minorities by the way, as part of this institutional racism were dumped into inner cities by design. Minorities have also been blocked, by design, from accruing wealth.

Ryan and his ilk almost completely ignores that and puts the blame squarely on the victims of this history.

Considering my ancestors were picking out shit between their toes in Ireland and Italy when slavery happened, how the fuck is it my fault, and how did I prosper from slave labor?

Maybe the thing people should looking at and asking is this is Ryan's statement accurate instead of is it racist.

Well, it isn't accurate.

It would be accurate if there were tons of jobs remaining unfilled and black guys weren't applying for them.

But that isn't simply the case.

The reality is, if you send in a resume with a typical "black" name, you are 50% less likely to get a callback for an interview even if you have the exact same qualifications as someone with a "White" name. And this is just a simple truth.

James Wallace gets a call back.
Jamal Washington doesn't.

In a statement issued to ThinkProgress, Ryan insisted that his comment wasn’t “a thinly veiled racial attack,” as Rep. Barbara Lee (D-CA), a member of the Congressional Black Caucus, characterized it.

“It is clear that I was inarticulate about the point I was trying to make,” Ryan said in the statement. “I was not implicating the culture of one community—but of society as a whole. We have allowed our society to isolate or quarantine the poor rather than integrate people into our communities. The predictable result has been multi-generational poverty and little opportunity. I also believe the government’s response has inadvertently created a poverty trap that builds barriers to work.”

Ryan told a blogger from Crew of 42 that his initial comments had “nothing to do whatsoever with race.”

See?

Dems and race = the girl who kept crying wolf.

Classic example of a conservative politician wringing his hands and claiming he was misunderstood by the mainstream,

while underneath that performance he's quite happy to know that he was understood perfectly by the rightwing base.

Um..no.

no he really isnt. He is just focusing on inner city when it should be about the youth being lazy and not really wanting to work because they feel entitled to things.
futhermore like i pointed out in chicago, you have an education, lack of work and culture issue. There are no jobs beyond gangbanging in chicago, so reality wise these young black kids grow up in that culture.

People need to stop abusing the word racism at every chance they think it happens. If you want to talk about these issues, then you need to talk about inner cities as well. Just because they happen to be somewhat mostly Minority dominated doesnt mean you cant touch the subject.

This goes the same for the reverse race baiters. Its old and annoying.

Were that "all" Ryan were engaged in, you might have a point.

But it isn't. He came to prominence in the national eye because he wanted to re-litigate civil rights in favor of businesses having the "right" to discriminate.

Additionally, he's been defunding programs geared to help break the cycle of poverty as well as putting the stop on jobs bills.

The whole fight against Obamacare is a crusade to keep poor folks from being insured.

Couple that with his association with the "Rebel Avenger" and you have a pretty good case in pointing out that yes, indeed, Rand Paul is a racist.

Um..no.

Considering my ancestors were picking out shit between their toes in Ireland and Italy when slavery happened, how the fuck is it my fault, and how did I prosper from slave labor?

And you don't consider the fact that when your family came here, much later than the families of black Americans and were able to accrue substantial wealth while they didn't an example of institutional racism?

How exactly do you square this?

And your family came into a society that prospered on the backs of slave labor.

Of course they benefitted. As did mine.

And that means what?

Well my original question was what are Paul Ryan's solutions. What you refer to is just another statement of what he thinks is the problem.

I dont think he has any solutions. I think he's just trying to make working/middle class Americans feel that it's the poor people's fault that they are poor,

therefore better off Americans need not feel guilty if they support the Ryan agenda,

Exactly.

Ryan has no ‘solutions,’ only accusations and an agenda to divide Americans by race and class.

Indeed, it’s representative of the republican agenda overall, devoid of responsible policies and sound governance, made up only of demonizing the political opposition.

Maybe the thing people should looking at and asking is this is Ryan's statement accurate instead of is it racist.

Well, it isn't accurate.

It would be accurate if there were tons of jobs remaining unfilled and black guys weren't applying for them.

But that isn't simply the case.

The reality is, if you send in a resume with a typical "black" name, you are 50% less likely to get a callback for an interview even if you have the exact same qualifications as someone with a "White" name. And this is just a simple truth.

James Wallace gets a call back.
Jamal Washington doesn't.

Bullshit! The racism excuse is so old and tired already. AThe fact is there is some racism out there, but there is also a self destructive culture that is the bigger problem. Using racism as an excuse for every problem blacks have doesn't do anyone any good. How do you expect solutions if you can't admit what the true problems are. People like you are part of the problem. Btw, those are two black sounding names, idiot.

Exactly.

Ryan has no ‘solutions,’ only accusations and an agenda to divide Americans by race and class.

Indeed, it’s representative of the republican agenda overall, devoid of responsible policies and sound governance, made up only of demonizing the politica opposition.

Speaking the truth was his agenda. There are no quick solutions, but getting the truth out there slowly helps. I find it laughable that a democrat would accuse republicans of trying divide us by race and class. I mean really LMFAO.

Forum List

Back